• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket?

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
I am pretty sure we will want to park hop. However I would prefer to not pay that today. Can I just buy basic tickets and then add park hopper down the road? What about adding a day to a ticket?
If I book 7 day can I just add the 8th at the low price or will it add at a higher price like a one day?

Buying TODAY! Need to make the decision and am struggling with what way to go. We always do length of stay park hoppers but this time are adding a Universal trip so trying to save some$$. But probably will go hopper. How difficult is it to add as we get closer to travel time?

You can buy base tickets today and upgrade them when you get there. You should wait until after you've used the ticket once before upgrading (unless you're buying them directly from Disney), and then you'll just pay the difference between what you have and what you want. If you add a day to a 7 day ticket, it'll cost $10.65.

Yes I am buying directly from Disney.

I have bought from undercover in the past and do like them but my kids have not done magic bands yet and thinking of going straight through disney for just that perk. (I know I can buy them but then that negates the savings from UT) I do get the Mousesavers newsletter.

You get Magic Bands when you stay on property, it has nothing to do with where you buy your tickets.

I am pretty sure we will want to park hop. However I would prefer to not pay that today. Can I just buy basic tickets and then add park hopper down the road? What about adding a day to a ticket?
If I book 7 day can I just add the 8th at the low price or will it add at a higher price like a one day?

Buying TODAY! Need to make the decision and am struggling with what way to go. We always do length of stay park hoppers but this time are adding a Universal trip so trying to save some$$. But probably will go hopper. How difficult is it to add as we get closer to travel time?
You can add Park Hopper or an extra day to a ticket (up to a max of 10 days), while you're at WDW. Since these tickets are not associated with a Disney resort stay, you can't add days to them once you've purchased them but prior to your trip.

Buying tickets from Disney won't get you MagicBands for each ticket. They are only given Free to those who are staying on-site at a Disney resort. Even those ppl staying at a Disney resort but not purchasing tickets with their resort reservation get MagicBands. It's not about where you buy your tickets.

PH covers all days on your ticket, even extra days you may add later. Cost $68.16 incl. tax. If you add an extra day ($10.65 incl. tax), you can't use that instead of Park Hopper to visit two parks in one day. Disney computers know what type of ticket you have, so it won't work.

Oh I forgot to add we are staying on property! So I could just buy at Undercover tourist and add them to my magic bands to book Fast passes?

We have missed one year of going and I feel so totally lost and confused on all the new stuff with tickets. Thank you for all the help!

You're actually adding them to your MDE account; the Magic Band is just a way to access what's on the account.

Wait one more question if I buy through Disney I need to wait to get my # to make fastpasses? They don't Automatically link up?

Wait one more question if I buy through Disney I need to wait to get my # to make fastpasses? They don't Automatically link up?

True.
But, if you need the tickets more quickly, you can have your UT tickets delivered "express" -OR- you can purchase UT "e-Tickets." With UT e-Tickets, you can get your ticket numbers e-Mailed in a matter of hours.

If you buy them from Disney directly, and you have a MDE account, you can link them. But, as said previously, you can't add days or options to these tickets before you arrive to WDW in person. That's always been a rule of buying tickets from Disney directly.

Regardless of whether you have a room-only or package reservation with Disney, you'll get MagicBands for each person in a room. About 60 days out, you can go to your MDE account and customize your MagicBands to choose color and name for each band. If you have tickets booked with your resort stay, you can add days to your tickets (up to a certain number of days prior to check-in before there's a change penalty). If you're buying tickets separately, I would recommend UCT and just add them to your MDE account. It's pretty easy to do. If you buy from UCT or other discounter, use your tickets at least once at a theme park before doing an upgrade.

Done and all fastpasses booked! Now I can get excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter