Ticket upgrade to annual pass

smidgy

dimples
we each have two 2 day park hopper tickets (required to purchase for our last free dining trip) which are unused.
in the past we always waited until we used the ticket once. then went to GR to upgrade to our new AP. (this way we bridged the value of the tickets to the current value) this was the wisdom from Cheshire figment (bless his heart). now I hear this isn't so anymore?
we don't want to upgrade until on the trip, as we will be wasting all those months. last time we did this I upgraded from home to a 10 day ticket just so I could make fast passes. then when we used them once at DHS we went to GR and upgraded. it was MUCH more $ than we thought.. it was a major cluster and after we got home I called and got a refund of money over spent.

so.. (I know .. complicated.) but many of us annual pass holders take advantage of the free dining offer, and let he required ticket purchase go unused until the next time we need to purchase AP.

I know, I'm babbling... I guess the question is about bridging tickets. and also upgrading ahead of time to more days in order to make fast passes.

we each have two 2 day park hopper tickets (required to purchase for our last free dining trip) which are unused.
in the past we always waited until we used the ticket once. then went to GR to upgrade to our new AP. (this way we bridged the value of the tickets to the current value) this was the wisdom from Cheshire figment (bless his heart). now I hear this isn't so anymore?
we don't want to upgrade until on the trip, as we will be wasting all those months. last time we did this I upgraded from home to a 10 day ticket just so I could make fast passes. then when we used them once at DHS we went to GR and upgraded. it was MUCH more $ than we thought.. it was a major cluster and after we got home I called and got a refund of money over spent.

so.. (I know .. complicated.) but many of us annual pass holders take advantage of the free dining offer, and let he required ticket purchase go unused until the next time we need to purchase AP.

I know, I'm babbling... I guess the question is about bridging tickets. and also upgrading ahead of time to more days in order to make fast passes.

Bridging is still in effect as long as the tickets are not purchased directly from Disney. If they are part of a package or purchased from most discount ticket brokers they can be bridged. The problem earlier might have been because the tickets were upgraded from home there might have been some mix-up as to whether they were package tickets or stand-alone tickets but they still should have been bridged if I'm understanding what you did properly. Bring your tickets and your patience to a ticket booth knowing exactly what you should pay and walk away if you are quoted the wrong rate. Sorry that happened to you last time.

in the past we always waited until we used the ticket once. then went to GR to upgrade to our new AP. (this way we bridged the value of the tickets to the current value) this was the wisdom from Cheshire figment (bless his heart).

1. now I hear this isn't so anymore?

2. I guess the question is about bridging tickets.
and also upgrading ahead of time to more days in order to make fast passes.

1. The only thing that isn't so is that you don't have to USE the tickets before you upgrade in order for them to be price-bridged.
(You CAN use them, if you like, but you don't need to. It won't degrade the value either way.)

2. Price bridging is still done for tickets bought as part of a WDW resort package ("package tickets" are price bridged for upgrades.)

A. If you upgrade a package ticket on the phone BEFORE you arrive, it is still a package ticket.
B. If you upgrade a package ticket at a Guest Relations or ticket booth AFTER you arrive, it is no longer a package ticket.

We are doing free dining for the first time next year.
We are DVC and have Florida silver AP's.
My understanding is we will be able to keep those two day hoppers and use them to renew our passes (not buy new ones)

We are doing free dining for the first time next year.
We are DVC and have Florida silver AP's.
My understanding is we will be able to keep those two day hoppers and use them to renew our passes (not buy new ones)

That should still work! I'm a little confused by the OPs problems - but it's commonly reported that some ticket booth CMs do not know what they are doing and if that happens, we leave and go to a different one later to find the right service.

We just (August) bridged and upgraded unused UT tickets to AP certificates. So it is definitely still possible and you don't have to use the ticket first as others have mentioned.

1. The only thing that isn't so is that you don't have to USE the tickets before you upgrade in order for them to be price-bridged.
(You CAN use them, if you like, but you don't need to. It won't degrade the value either way.)

2. Price bridging is still done for tickets bought as part of a WDW resort package ("package tickets" are price bridged for upgrades.)

A. If you upgrade a package ticket on the phone BEFORE you arrive, it is still a package ticket.
B. If you upgrade a package ticket at a Guest Relations or ticket booth AFTER you arrive, it is no longer a package ticket.

I'
m feeling dense here lol what difference does it make if it ia package ticket or not?

I'
m feeling dense here lol what difference does it make if it ia package ticket or not?
Package tickets are not "sold" by ticketing they are sold by wdw travel company which means that they are a reseller and are eligible for price bridging. Tickets purchased directly from Disney (via wdw's website or at a ticket booth) are not eligible for price bridging

Package tickets are not "sold" by ticketing they are sold by wdw travel company which means that they are a reseller and are eligible for price bridging. Tickets purchased directly from Disney (via wdw's website or at a ticket booth) are not eligible for price bridging

thanks so much! and just so I'm clear.. what is the actual definition of "price bridging"? maybe this is where I'm confused ;)

thanks so much! and just so I'm clear.. what is the actual definition of "price bridging"? maybe this is where I'm confused ;)
Bridging is the process of bringing the exhange value of the ticket from the price it was purchased for up to the current gate price posted for the ticket.

Price bridging means that they give you credit for the gate price of the ticket towards the price of the upgrade - so they're bridging the price from the discounted price to the gate price so that you don't lose the discount. So if you paid $250 for the ticket, and the gate value is $300, and the price for the ticket you want to upgrade to is $315, you pay $15 to upgrade, not $65.

Question... If I have a 5 day hopper from UT and want to upgrade to a 7day hopper can I do it over the phone or do I have to it at GR?

Question... If I have a 5 day hopper from UT and want to upgrade to a 7day hopper can I do it over the phone or do I have to it at GR?

You have to it in-person at GR (or any ticket booth at WDW.)

thanks! that's what I thought! are they still doing this. cheshire figment used to say to use the ticket once in order to "bridge" it.

What appears to work is play dumb and be stupid nice to them no matter how much you want to tell them they are incompetent. Never say the word price bridge as that just pissed them off and it's not a disney term they were trained, try to get the person that lokos like they know what they are doing and been there more than 2 months. If they don't seem to be helpful just say, sorry that is not worth the cost and you were told on the phone it would be the different between the cost of a ticket today and the cost of the ap today and head off.. Then go to the other guest relations on the other side of the tapstyle and cross your fingers for someone good..

The complaints I've seen appears to be epcot being where some supervisor with a stick stuck somewhere that is making their own rules works. but I've heard it more than epcot so the guy must get around..

Never say the word price bridge as that just pissed them off and it's not a disney term they were trained

Ancient at this point, but when we upgraded from UCT tickets to DVC APs I asked if she was "doing that price-bridging thing", and she said "of course!" and did it perfectly. (something like 2 weeks before an epic thread about someone who had been at the exact same location as I was, and had a rotten time...though she was *renewing* her DVC AP from a UCT ticket, and I guess the renewal part threw them into a tizzy)

So I mentioned it, but I did do the "play dumb" part....though I wasn't playing...I was freezing and my brain was turning to slush. December 2010, ah how I don't miss you and your freezing temperatures...

So a ticket bought thru Disney website can be upgraded, but not bridged if prices go up in the mean time, correct? I think I often read when it can't be price bridged that it can't be upgraded.

So a ticket bought thru Disney website can be upgraded, but not bridged if prices go up in the mean time, correct? I think I often read when it can't be price bridged that it can't be upgraded.

It can still be upgraded - it just can't be bridged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter