• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket question

Chase'n'Ciera

Earning My Ears
So while were nowhere near newbie's to WDW, but its been a few years and I'm not completely familiar with the new tickets and I just want to confirm that I'm not missing something.

We're headed down this Christmas. We still have 10 day non expiring tickets that we were originally planning on using. However I fully expect it to be packed and since its not out first rodeo I figure will spend limited time in the parks but probably go most every day for a short time. To me it makes the most sense to purchase some new 10 day park hoppers for this trip and save the non expires for either shorter trips or more normal trips for us in which we could probably stretch those out over 2 trips.

So my question. I did make park reservations last weekend. I figured it let me as we have resort res. for that time. But then I remembered our Non expire tickets are on our account and I'm not sure if there linked to this trip or even how to check. Anyway, If we go ahead and buy new tickets it shouldn't be a issue using those up and saving the non expires should it??

You were able to make park reservations because you have tickets on your account. However, despite what it says, the park reservations are NOT tied directly to those tickets and you may use any valid tickets once you arrive.

Yes, save yourself a huge hassle and go to guest services before you enter your first park. Make sure the correct tickets are prioritized. I had a day taken from my non expiring park hopper even when I had an active AP. Took almost an hour to get it fixed because they wanted to just give me a new 1 day park hopper to replace the day they took. That ticket had an expiration date. I very politely declined that and told them they needed to give me back exactly what they took from me. They weren't happy about it, but eventually put the day back on my non expire park hopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter