Ticket Price Increases for Disneyland Announced

We already have our 6 day pass but was going to try to add a 7th day at the ticket counter. Should we count this out. Need to start planning out our days.

I wouldn't count it out. It is worth asking about. Several people have reported getting pixie dust and not having to pay the difference between the price they paid and gate price. I would ask. Have fun! :thumbsup2

We already have our 6 day pass but was going to try to add a 7th day at the ticket counter. Should we count this out. Need to start planning out our days.

I do not know for sure (hopefully the experts will weigh in)- but my guess is that if you added a 7th day, you would pay the difference in the ticket you have and the new ticket prices and then pay the 7th day on top of that.

We were debating adding a 7th day to our trip in Dec, but after seeing the new prices, there is no way we will, if what I posted above is correct.

I just frantically read through this entire thread and didn't see an answer to my question, but if I just missed it, I apologize.

We are visiting the parks next week and were planning on upgrading our SoCal Deluxe APs to Deluxe APs when we arrived. I just found out about the price increase and tried calling the AP line, but they're closed. The web site says upgrades cannot be done online. I'm just sick over the fact that it was going to cost us $330 dollars to upgrade all of our passes, but with the price hike it's going to cost $600.

Is there any way they'll honor the current prices, or is this a lost cause? I wanted to cry when I reached the recording saying the lines were closed. Our passes don't expire until December 19th, so I can't just renew.

I'm so frustrated and wish I had been more on top of this information. I feel like an idiot. It actually would have been worth driving to the parks today to take care of this at the ticket window if I had known sooner :(

I feel your pain :sad:. I thought for sure that they would wait until June sometime to increase prices, and that I would have more time to wrap my head around whether to buy APs for my family, hoppers, renew my AP, etc. With the short notice, I decided at 1am this morning to upgrade my AP and buy hoppers for everyone else. I was hoping to buy hoppers and then upgrade to APs there if we thought we were going back for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but now the upgrade price when we get there in June will be out of the park outrageous, so no way.

I know that there is no way to upgrade a ticket online. All you could do is buy vouchers for new APs that you can use when your current ones expire on December 19. I read somewhere that the vouchers for APs are good for 12 months, but the one I bought last year read December 31, so I don't know for sure. I was angry then. I wanted to hold onto that voucher and use it in 2013, but I ended up using it earlier. If you are going back after your current APs expire and before the end of the year, then I would get AP vouchers. But somehow verify the expiration of the voucher.

Ugh! :(

I was shocked, and then cried because a I have had to change a trip 4 times, and now cancel indefinitely because of the price gouging Disney is doing. I thought maybe a few bucks increase on APs, since Disney has been raising prices yearly, but the gouging on both ticket and AP prices are nothing but greed kicking in. The economy is horrible and families that have been saving for one or more years to pay for a vacation, not to even mention to upgrade to APs to make it less expensive for another vacation, are now priced out of a Disney vacation all together. I am one of those people right now. I have sent Disney 2 emails and I will go to the Disney blog and voice my opinion there too. I am now looking at other places to spend our hard earned and saved money. Knotts Berry Farm is one of them. Shame on them for raising all tickets prices. If they truly wanted to limit APs then don't raise the price of regular admission. That is bad business. It may look good on their P$L with all the rush for AP and ticket sales, but in the long run, but it won't last.
Congrats to all who have managed to get locked in on current prices.

Thank you for this thread. I read this last night and purchased our 3 day park tix for the end of june today. This thread may have saved me $250! I also msged my friend going in July and she bought hers. We both purchased through entertainment.com and I have found them to have the best rates. 2 adults/ 3 kids not park hoppers - 980 w/ taxes and such.

I bit the bullet and ordered 4 day PH for our November trip. Saved about $120.

Given I'm not looking until next December, I definitely will be screwed by this price increase and likely next. Well, that may make the 3-day, 4 day or 5 day decision MUCH easier...:sad:

Part of me wonders if this isn't a bit of crowd control, kind of a way to keep the AP levels down a bit. An ultimately economically elitist way, but still a way and likely effective at that.:scratchin

Part of me wonders if this isn't a bit of crowd control, kind of a way to keep the AP levels down a bit. An ultimately economically elitist way, but still a way and likely effective at that.:scratchin

I believe that it is. We complain about how crowded the parks are, but if the parks are to be less crowded, they need to decrease demand by raising prices.

Our APs (our first ever) expired a couple of days ago; we just bought vouchers today that we'll activate in September. We're so happy to get another year, but this will likely be our last year with APs for quite a while.

I had a question about upgrading to the Premier Pass (forgive me if it's been answered, I tried looking through all the posts already and calling Disneyland direct is just endless ringing).

My mom's pass expires in September and we're going to WDW in July. She had planned on upgrading her Premium pass to a Premier sometime before we leave (to take advantage of discounts and such).

Under the new ticketing prices, is the Premier pass being afforded the 'lock in' rate of $749 if you upgrade before July, thus being able to only pay the $250 difference or will she be paying the $350?

Thanks for any info!

The only way you can upgrade to a Premier Pass is at one of the parks. Since it is an upgrade and not technically a renewal, and you'll be able to do it at the earliest on Sunday May 20th, I think you will end up paying the new price.

How long will you be in WDW? Will it be worth it to get this AP over their regular tickets? The premier AP does have merchandise discounts at WDW, but not the same type of dining discounts we have at DLR. Make sure it's worth it for you before spending that much money for one trip. Remember your Premier Pass will expire the same date your DLR Premium Pass would have. (September)

The only way you can upgrade to a Premier Pass is at one of the parks. Since it is an upgrade and not technically a renewal, and you'll be able to do it at the earliest on Sunday May 20th, I think you will end up paying the new price.

How long will you be in WDW? Will it be worth it to get this AP over their regular tickets? The premier AP does have merchandise discounts at WDW, but not the same type of dining discounts we have at DLR. Make sure it's worth it for you before spending that much money for one trip. Remember your Premier Pass will expire the same date your DLR Premium Pass would have. (September)

We will be there for 5 days. I'm not 100% as I'm not the main trip-planner but I believe we had it figured for cheaper than tickets (under the old rate) but are thinking it should still be cheaper, with the new rate, since we'll get a room discount.

What types of dining deals are available? Are they primarily on character dining? Thanks so much for your time & help.

I bought deluxe passes online (not vouchers) for my family of 4. Plan to activate at the end on January. I called the phone number and was told that I would not have to pay a difference in January and that the Dec. 31st date was a suggestion to encourage people to come in before then. I guess I may need to call one more time for clarification.

I bought deluxe passes online (not vouchers) for my family of 4. Plan to activate at the end on January. I called the phone number and was told that I would not have to pay a difference in January and that the Dec. 31st date was a suggestion to encourage people to come in before then. I guess I may need to call one more time for clarification.

Yeah I would definitely call again. The CM I spoke to was a fast talker and acted a little strange after I told him our credit card was issued in the UAE, but I asked him if I would be charged the difference if I entered the parks after Dec 31/12 and he said yes. If I'm not mistaken I think somewhere in their policy it states they can do that...? Good luck and let us know what the next CM says! :flower3:

OK, this question may seem a bit redundant, but I don't want to pay $1,000 for half a year on these Premium APs.

Yesterday I requested 2 Premium AP gift vouchers over the phone. The CM asked me if I had been an AP holder before. I said yes--in fact, wife and I are current AP holders through Jan. 1 of 2013.

So instead of vouchers, the CM ended up sending out two new APs. I asked him three times if these ones needed to be activated by 12/31/12 AND were good a year from activation, and he answered all three times in the affirmative. He told me that they would be mailed in 5-10 business days--NOT e-mailed--and would be active as soon as we passed through the turnstiles--we didn't need to go to the ticket office to activate them since we were already in the system.

Now, here's the thing: The Mrs and I had already planned to go to the DLR in June, October and November. Can we still do that on our current APs, returning in late December to activate the new AP?

Or will the new AP activate as soon as we have our current ones scanned in the turnstiles?

I wanted two vouchers as a gift for our anniversary at the end of December, but if the new APs are activated as soon as we use the old ones in June, I need to call a CM and see if I can change the mail order to vouchers, before it's too late and I've paid for a half-year AP. :(

Well, looks like my savings were for real. Just checked the site this morning. Prices reflect the promised increase. And, NO DISCOUNT for buying online like there was yesterday, either.

Interestingly enough, checked the ARES site and they are still reflecting the old ticket prices with their discount taken from there. Looks like they are the way to go if you missed out and still need to get tickets today.

I can't make any comments about any of the season passes as I hadn't been following that side of the price talk.

So after running down to Disneyland last night at 10pm, I found out that I was able to renew my Premier pass for the $749 rate even though it was not to expire till July 21st. In fact the funny part was the supervisor had no problem at all giving me the approval for the override when he saw what I was doing.

This whole issue about the price increases was just a mess!! Disney had really dropped the ball with this issue and I think they will be hearing about it from the AP's. Calling Disneyland took over 40 mins to reach a reap, and the lines at the ticket booths last night were over 1 hour. They new that there would be AP's going to renew or getting vouchers to meet the deadline, yet they did not act with staffing. What were they thinking AP's would do when you would jack the rates up 30% for passes ? My wife and I are diehard Disney fans, but this truly may be the last AP's I get for some time. I just came justify spending almost $2000 in passes for us when there are much better entertainment offerings available.

On another note, mark my words that this year will be the year more AP's become more vocal and speak up about this non-sense. Make it creating a petition on Change.org or starting a group on Facebook, I think you will see more AP's taking up the issue first hand.

Dr D

Getawaytoday's prices don't seem to have gone up either, if you missed out maybe you can still get the old prices if you hurry.

I wouldn't count it out. It is worth asking about. Several people have reported getting pixie dust and not having to pay the difference between the price they paid and gate price. I would ask. Have fun! :thumbsup2

Would anyone be willing to ask someone at the ticket counter for me if this will be possible???

My Costco pkg is still the same price as yesterday. 6 day PH passes still available there as well. Still... I"m glad I booked and paid yesterday...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter