"Thunderbolts and lightning! Very very frightening!"... a trip report (FINISHED!!!)

Another great update!:thumbsup2

Very brave of your Mum to go on the teacups - I go on this ride quite reluctantly as my children (and husband!!) think it's great fun to spin me round really fast!

I can't believe that boy trying to beat Push up!:scared1:

Wouldn't it be great if Push had some sort of response where he could swallow up naughty children? Kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where bad things happen to the horrible children!

You did quite well posting your postcard on Day 3 - I usually end up bringing my postcards home with me and giving them out then!:lmao:

Looking forward to reading more!popcorn::

Hi Jo,

Talk about "very very frightening"......Um.....seriously you owe me three and a half minutes back of my life for sending me over to see that blasted Nyan video waiting for something interesting to happen to that Pop Tart Cat. Though I can appreciate the sheer randomness of the whole feline breakfast pastry thing I think I could have cut it after 10 seconds and found a better use of my time....say starting at the ceiling or something. :lmao: Oh, and I am now seriously concerned with your sanity.....as well as the 31 million other people who watch this. It's madness I say...madness. I am reading on though in hopes that this is a temporary condition for you. It is a good thing that you have a family support structure in place. Jess and Jan, if you are reading this, please try and help your sister....That is unless you see the "sheer awesomeness" in this as well in which case I fear all hope is lost. :rotfl2:

Anyway...moving on...

Geez...if I went through all that effort to get a postcard sent from the MK I would kinda hope that they would put some special postmark on it to signify it. That's almost as disappointing as expecting something interesting from the Nyan cat video...ok, I promise that's my last mention of that mind numbing video (for this post at least).

I am right there with you on the castle comparisons. I have only been to DL once but I do remember the DL castle to be a bit paltry in comparison.

Your affection for Small World makde a lot of sense based on your love for....oh never mind...I promised not to bring it up again :)

On the whole Cindy statue and the crown issue..you are thinking in the wrong direction. I have never done it myself but supposedly this was designed so that you get that perspective from a child's viewpoint. So, in order for you to see the crown on the head I believe you need to get down low and kneel in the presence of the princess.

If you think the 3 Broomsticks was expensive then don't even look at what they soak you for in order to eat in the castle :scared1:

Philharmagic is the best 3D show in the parks IMHO.

I thought you said you NEVER got any good shots from the dark rides. Those are 2 good pics from the pooh ride and that is not that easy a ride to capture. Good job :thumbsup2

I have another suggestion for the boy abusing Push. The could make him watch ......shoot...never mind....he probably already does :)

Looking forward to seeing what comes next....

ETA....Hopefully you realize I am just joking with you on this post and my no means did I intend it to come across as mean or insulting.

Ok, so I stumbled upon your TR this morning while I was searching for Clearskies' TR (that I stumbled upon while looking for some other thread a few days ago....ADD.....yes, it affects adults!!) and I just got all caught up and I love it! Very entertaining! Can't wait for you to not be lazy and continue on (never mind that I am extremely lazy in updating my own.... )

Some of my fave moments include: You relaying the convo with the COL in the airport and the puppy picture that pulled us out of the negative moment! :thumbsup2
Saying that something was a "hoot-and-a-half" Love that! Sounds like something I might say. :)
The picture of Jess' (?) sideways toe! I :rotfl2: for a few minutes at that one mostly cuz one of my toes lays kind of sideways only bent more and my sister likes to laugh at it sometimes!
And I liked "Bummertown Population: me :sad2:" :rotfl: Love that!!

I could only watch the Nyan cat video for about 30 seconds before I lost interest (ADD again) but my 13 yo son ran in the room laughing because he found (and watched) the extra extended one hour version once and he was trying to warn me......:rolleyes1

Anyway, the short version of this post is: I'm in! Great TR!

Another great update!:thumbsup2

Very brave of your Mum to go on the teacups - I go on this ride quite reluctantly as my children (and husband!!) think it's great fun to spin me round really fast!

I can't believe that boy trying to beat Push up!:scared1:

Wouldn't it be great if Push had some sort of response where he could swallow up naughty children? Kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where bad things happen to the horrible children!

You did quite well posting your postcard on Day 3 - I usually end up bringing my postcards home with me and giving them out then!:lmao:

Looking forward to reading more!popcorn::

Hahaha, I love how depending on the rider, the teacups can become a torture device. Good for you for hanging in there though. :thumbsup2

That little boy seriously seemed to have some sort of vendetta against Push. He will never be able to have nice things at that rate. Life would rock if it worked like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I would so eat everything in sight.

That was probably the first postcard I have ever sent in my life so I wanted to do it right. Hahaha.

Hi Jo,

Talk about "very very frightening"......Um.....seriously you owe me three and a half minutes back of my life for sending me over to see that blasted Nyan video waiting for something interesting to happen to that Pop Tart Cat. Though I can appreciate the sheer randomness of the whole feline breakfast pastry thing I think I could have cut it after 10 seconds and found a better use of my time....say starting at the ceiling or something. :lmao: Oh, and I am now seriously concerned with your sanity.....as well as the 31 million other people who watch this. It's madness I say...madness. I am reading on though in hopes that this is a temporary condition for you. It is a good thing that you have a family support structure in place. Jess and Jan, if you are reading this, please try and help your sister....That is unless you see the "sheer awesomeness" in this as well in which case I fear all hope is lost. :rotfl2:

Anyway...moving on...

Geez...if I went through all that effort to get a postcard sent from the MK I would kinda hope that they would put some special postmark on it to signify it. That's almost as disappointing as expecting something interesting from the Nyan cat video...ok, I promise that's my last mention of that mind numbing video (for this post at least).

I am right there with you on the castle comparisons. I have only been to DL once but I do remember the DL castle to be a bit paltry in comparison.

Your affection for Small World makde a lot of sense based on your love for....oh never mind...I promised not to bring it up again :)

On the whole Cindy statue and the crown issue..you are thinking in the wrong direction. I have never done it myself but supposedly this was designed so that you get that perspective from a child's viewpoint. So, in order for you to see the crown on the head I believe you need to get down low and kneel in the presence of the princess.

If you think the 3 Broomsticks was expensive then don't even look at what they soak you for in order to eat in the castle :scared1:

Philharmagic is the best 3D show in the parks IMHO.

I thought you said you NEVER got any good shots from the dark rides. Those are 2 good pics from the pooh ride and that is not that easy a ride to capture. Good job :thumbsup2

I have another suggestion for the boy abusing Push. The could make him watch ......shoot...never mind....he probably already does :)

Looking forward to seeing what comes next....

ETA....Hopefully you realize I am just joking with you on this post and my no means did I intend it to come across as mean or insulting.

Your reaction to the Nyan cat video MADE MY LIFE. I was laughing my butt off for a good couple of minutes. :lmao: I'm glad you loved the cat so much. You're welcome. :rotfl:

Huh...I never thought about kneeling down to get that Cinderella picture. I will try and remember the next time I go back (whenever that is).

I'm surprised those pictures from Pooh came out the way they did. I was pretty much just pressing buttons and hoping it worked. Granted, those parts of the ride aren't as dark as others; I lucked out.

And no worries; I didn't find anything you said mean or insulting. I would like to think I have pretty thick skin and smart enough to know whether or not there's any ill-will directed towards me.

Ok, so I stumbled upon your TR this morning while I was searching for Clearskies' TR (that I stumbled upon while looking for some other thread a few days ago....ADD.....yes, it affects adults!!) and I just got all caught up and I love it! Very entertaining! Can't wait for you to not be lazy and continue on (never mind that I am extremely lazy in updating my own.... )

Some of my fave moments include: You relaying the convo with the COL in the airport and the puppy picture that pulled us out of the negative moment! :thumbsup2
Saying that something was a "hoot-and-a-half" Love that! Sounds like something I might say. :)
The picture of Jess' (?) sideways toe! I :rotfl2: for a few minutes at that one mostly cuz one of my toes lays kind of sideways only bent more and my sister likes to laugh at it sometimes!
And I liked "Bummertown Population: me :sad2:" :rotfl: Love that!!

I could only watch the Nyan cat video for about 30 seconds before I lost interest (ADD again) but my 13 yo son ran in the room laughing because he found (and watched) the extra extended one hour version once and he was trying to warn me......:rolleyes1

Anyway, the short version of this post is: I'm in! Great TR!

THERE'S AN EXTENDED VERSION!!??? Now I must go find it and play it ALL DAY!!! :rotfl:

Long time no type everyone! Sorry for being away for so long. Life has been pretty busy and hectic as of late. It is moving season in Davis and everybody is scrambling around looking for boxes, packing, and cleaning out apartments like crazy (we want as much of that security deposit back as possible!).

Not to mention, I’ve had my hands full at work, trying to learn how to drive a bus and all. I can parallel park a 40 foot bus now. No big deal. Do it all the time. :laughing:

In other news, Jess left last Sunday for Korea and will be studying abroad there for a year. Let’s just hope she doesn’t get lost and has a good experience. Jan is also getting ready to move on down to San Diego to begin her college career. So many new changes! Mom is about to have a completely empty nest soon. Maybe with us gone, she will get desperate enough for company (or at least noise) in the house and get a puppy. I want a puppy.

Anyway, on with the show!

~*~*~*~
The LIGHT in LIGHTning: part 1

Last we left off, with rumblies in our tumblies, we were in search of food. We thought it would be a neat idea to eat while overlooking the boats in the It’s a Small World ride so we headed towards Pinocchio Village Haus. It was super crowded but since they were doing the “do not save tables” rule and only let you sit down once you had your food, it wasn’t too hard to find a table. Sadly, we weren’t able to snag a table where we could watch the boats but that’s okay.

There weren’t many choices on the menu but we managed to find something to satisfy everyone. Both Jan and Edward got the meatball sub sandwich which came with a little packet of apple slices.

705.jpg

They liked it but I don’t think either of them was entirely full (especially a growing boy, like Edward).

Jess and Ma got the Caesar salad with chicken.

707.jpg

They liked it enough. It wasn’t spectacular and was pretty standard as far as salads go.

I opted for the Mediterranean salad because it had olives and balls of mozzarella cheese and I love cheese.

706.jpg

One thing I liked about both the salads was that the chicken on them were wonderful. It wasn’t dry at all and the flavoring was perfect. Don’t you just hate it when a piece of chicken looks good and promises deliciousness but then you take a bite and it tastes like cardboard? Yeah, that’s gross.

Overall, it wasn’t a spectacular, must do again type of lunch but it did its purpose and got us fed. We were refueled and ready to wander the park once again!

Our next stop was the Haunted Mansion to explore the new interactive features in the line.

713.jpg

Apparently, the new interactive part was optional and prior to entering the building, the path splits between a shorter route and a more scenic (and interactive!) route. We chose the newer path because we were all curious as to what they had added.

It wasn’t much; just a couple of statues/tombstones with special effects. For example, at the Captain tombstone, you can hear the Captain talking and now and then it will blow bubbles.

718.jpg

There was also a lineup of statues that didn’t have any interactive parts but it was fun to pose with them.

IMG_5345.jpg

Jess was the closest at accurately portraying one of the statues.

IMG_5346.jpg

Some creepy pre-boarding pictures:

730.jpg

733.jpg

At one point, the ride came to a standstill for about 2-3 minutes. The particular doom buggy I was in was stopped in front of the hallway scene where there’s a floating candle. We weren’t really going anywhere so I tried to see if I could get any shots of it.

Before anyone gets huffy with me, I am a strong opponent of flash photography within rides. It’s actually one of the bigger pet peeves I have concerning amusement park etiquette. It’s so annoying when you’re riding something, trying to immerse yourself in the magic/atmosphere and suddenly it’s like BLINDING LIGHT, OBNOXIOUS FLASH, BLINDING LIGHT; then you get dots in your eyes and you can no longer tell if that’s Peter Pan or Captain Hook.

The dangers of flash photography, kids. Just say “no.”

It was honestly way too dark to really tell if I was focused through my camera or not so I just kind of winged it. Of maybe the 20 or so shots I attempted, 2 came out so-so.

735.jpg

739.jpg

Once we got out of Haunted Mansion, we noticed that the ground was pretty wet; looks like we had just barely missed getting caught in the rain. What good luck!

At some point Jan and I were accused of and punished for a crime we forgot we committed.

IMG_5347.jpg

It’s okay though, where there’s a well paid lawyer, there is a free man (or in this case: free women).

To celebrate our victory and the ways of the justice system, we decided to do another family first: go watch the Hall of Presidents.

Thank goodness we weren’t that far away from the show area because the sky suddenly decided it wasn’t done crying and it started to rain again. It was only a light drizzle but it was coming down consistently so we were getting pretty wet.

I guess a lot of other people had the same idea to wait out the rain by going to watch presidents speak because there were quite a number of people in the waiting area. The show wasn’t going to start for another 15 or so minutes so we found a nice corner spot and sat.

746.jpg

IMG_5349.jpg

When we were still walking to the show building, I guess Jess was using the park map as a makeshift umbrella. The color had bled through and left a pretty noticeable black spot on her forehead and she hadn’t noticed. At first we all thought she had somehow bumped her head and gotten a bruise but once we realized what it really was, everybody just started making fun of her.

747.jpg

Now commencing pictures from the show:

748.jpg

751.jpg

754.jpg

758.jpg

It was a nice show. If you enjoy history then I’m sure you’ll get a pretty big kick of it but to us it was just a nice time to rest and recharge batteries. One thing we all agreed on though: the Obama robot was BUFF! Oh my god was he muscular looking.

When exiting the show, you go through these “Hall of Fame” areas where it showcases great contributors to the American way of life (at least I’m pretty sure that’s where we saw this). There were pictures of political figures, movement leaders, iconic movie stars, and then suddenly…Miley Cyrus. No offense to those who enjoy the things she does but I wouldn’t peg her as a great American figure.

Me: Miley Cyrus?! What did she do that’s so great?
Jess: She partied in the USA.

The LIGHT in LIGHTning: part 2

Since it was nearby, we decided to do yet another family first: the Country Bear Jamboree. On our way there, we saw this neat bird and for some reason I wanted my picture with it. Jess and I kind of chased it around until we somewhat got it cornered and picture-taking was accomplished.

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

The show itself was cute enough. Some parts of it were depressing but I guess that’s what a lot of country music is like. I do like the bears though.

760.jpg

770.jpg

786.jpg

788.jpg

I wanted a picture of Melvin the Moose (I’m pretty sure that’s its name) but it kept coming out blurry. I didn’t want to keep trying because the moose was to the right of where I was sitting and every time I tried to take a picture, I felt I was annoying the lady that was sitting next to me. Oh well. No moose for me.

After this, since we were already wet, Jess, Edward, and I decided we wanted to go ride Splash Mountain. Mom doesn’t like the ride (because she’s scared) and Jan didn’t want to get any more wet so they went off to do their own thing for a while. I just have to say, I have never waited that long for Splash Mountain in my life. I thought that since it was rainy less people would want to ride a wet ride. Not to mention, the wait time out front said 25 minutes. We waited maybe close to an hour and a half. The ride was fun and all but I just can’t believe it took that long.

While we were waiting forever for Splash Mountain, Mom and Jan had ridden the train around the park twice already. I had wanted to ride the train too so when we got out of Splash, we all rode around the park together!

797.jpg

799.jpg

Poor Toontown and whoever’s house that is. It’s too bad we never got to properly say goodbye.

816.jpg

We got off at Tomorrowland because we had Fastpasses just waiting to be used up.

We had picked some up for Space Mountain at some point and it was now time to use it. No pictures because I guess we were getting tired and we just wanted to ride things. Space Mountain was fun (of course) and I only wish the line for it was shorter because of all the mountains, I think Space Mountain is my favorite. The mystery of space is much more appealing to me than trains and waterfalls. Also, Pluto is totally a planet; don’t care what nobody says.

Since we were in the neighborhood, we decided to pay a visit to Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (another family first!). I don’t have any pictures of this experience so I’m not even 100% sure that we did Space Mountain and this attraction around this time. Oh well; time is relative anyway, right?

So I have unlimited texts and this attraction allows people to randomly text in jokes so I was DETERMINED to get a joke in. Sadly, I’m not very funny when it comes to telling jokes (that’s more like Jess’s expertise). So we all kind of huddled together to try and think of something that was good, clean fun.

First joke I sent in was of my own efforts: Why was Tigger in the bathroom? He was looking for Pooh! I guess this joke was too inappropriate because it didn’t get chosen. Jess came up with this one: What’s long, brown, and sticky? A stick! I guess this was also inappropriate. Don’t ask us why we had so many poop jokes. I have no idea. The last joke I sent in was: Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 ate 9! Get it? Ate? 8?

I was beyond ecstatic when that last joke got chosen. My joke was the first to show up on the screen and I was practically jumping up and down in my seat going “that’s me! ME!” I feel I got way too excited for no reason; there isn’t even a congratulatory sticker for getting your joke chosen or anything.

Anyway.

We hadn’t ridden Pirates of the Caribbean yet so after the Laugh Floor, we were off to Adventureland. We stopped to take some pictures of the castle as we crossed the hub.

831.jpg

834.jpg

837.jpg

Along the way, we happened to pass by the place that sold the Dole Whip. I’ve never tried one before and made it a point of this trip to finally try one.

839.jpg

It was kind of awkward when I was up there buying my soft serve. My right contact started drying out and it was bothering me to the point where I just kept blinking to try to get it to feel better. I’m pretty sure the cashier dude thought I was winking at him at some points.

I didn’t know this but they had different flavored Dole Whips. I chose the original pineapple but now I kind of wish I had tried the others as well. I think they had orange.

840.jpg

Besides me and Jan, nobody else was feeling adventurous enough to try it. We were in Adventureland and nobody was feeling adventurous. That’s so sad.

843.jpg

846.jpg

847.jpg

It was a nice treat. I enjoyed it enough to want to try it again on another day but it wasn’t something I will ever crave for.

Onto Pirates of the Caribbean we go!

853.jpg

Following the ride, we had a little fun with some toys in the gift shop.

858.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

While we were playing with the hook hands, I forgot if it was Jess or Jan but someone had said “Let’s HOOK up” and we just had a laugh. Ah…puns.

Right across from Pirates was the Jungle Cruise and it had a decent wait time so into the line we went. Getting into that line was probably the worse decision we made that day. The line moved I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.Y. slowwwwww. Way worse than LA traffic; we were practically at standstills for minutes on end sometimes. We waited well over one and a half hour. When we were perhaps one or two boats away from being able to board our cruise…

… they shut the ride down.

FFFFFUUUUUUUU~

ffffffuuuuuu.jpg

That was the reaction of everybody in line; especially those that were ahead of us and were practically the next to get on a boat. We waited all that time to be told that the ride was going to be shut down because of impending thunder storms. Granted, it hadn’t started raining yet and there was no thunder or lightning in sight but I understand the precaution they were taking.

Dejected and probably unable to go on the Jungle Cruise for the rest of the trip, we left wondering what to do next.

What will make us feel better at this point? More pictures of the castle?

867.jpg

869.jpg

Not really; especially the first picture. It wasn’t until I got home that I noticed that it’s just SLIGHTLY crooked and that just really bothers me. My computer isn’t sophisticated enough to handle Photoshop and I don’t like using MS Paint to solve these kind of problems. Oh well. Excuse to go on another trip and correct my mistakes?

The LIGHT in LIGHTning: part 3

What did we need to feel better? Food, of course! We were hungry again and food seemed ideal at making us feel better about having wasted almost 2 hours of our lives. We decided to go try Columbia Harbour House because hot chowder sounded delicious.

I’m almost 80% sure that both Jan and Edward got a tuna sandwich (which came with chips) as well as a bowl of clam chowder to share.

874.jpg

Jess had a salad of sorts; looks like it came with chicken strips.

876.jpg

Ma and I each had the clam chowder.

875.jpg

I am not joking when I say that I think I just had the most delicious clam chowder in my life. It was SO DELICIOUS. I want more right now. Drool.

As we were eating, we were so glad we decided to eat inside because the sky just let loose. It was raining like rain water was going out of style. It was unbelievable how fast it happened. We had been getting light rain pretty much on and off all day but up until now we hadn’t seen rain of this magnitude.

Then the lightning came.

We were sitting on the second floor and right next to a window so had a pretty good view of the goings-on.

No lightning:

884.jpg

Lightning:

883.jpg

There was so much rain and lightning that it got kind of scary. I even took a video to show you the craziness that was happening all around us.

It didn’t seem like the rain was going to be letting up any time soon and we wanted to get just a bit more out of our experience before we left. The Haunted Mansion was literally right across the street so while Ma stayed on the second floor us kids went to go see the happy haunts.

901.jpg

902.jpg

We went on twice I think before we got tired enough to want to go home.

What followed was just a series of dramatic moments. First of all, Jess was wearing a pair of flip flops that clearly wasn’t made to go near anything wet. The wet ground made it almost impossible for her to walk properly and she kept slipping. It was pretty dangerous and we had a number of close calls. She had to be held onto and walked like an elderly person. Actually, now that I think about it, it was a pretty funny scenario. Secondly, I couldn’t get a hold of Ma to tell her we were ready to go home. The second floor of the Columbia Harbour House was blocked off and I couldn’t go up to find her. I didn’t even know if she was still up there so I went back outside to a little alcove where the others were waiting and freezing from the rain and cold. I tried calling Ma but I couldn’t reach her and my phone was low on batteries. About the 4th or 5th attempt to get a hold of her, I finally got through and told her what was happening and turns out she was still upstairs.

Once the group reunited, we slowly made our way to the park entrance (holding onto Jess the entire time). The rain had let up a little and it was the perfect moment to go back to the TTC and back to the car.

When we finally got on the monorail, a whole new can of worms was opened. The train kept stopping every now and then because of threats of lightning. It took a pretty long time to get back to our rental car and every time the monorail stopped, I couldn’t help but realize just how badly I really needed to pee (is that TMI?).

Once we reached the end of the line, I bolted for the nearest bathroom (thankfully there was one available). I also took a moment to record how dirty my clean, white shoes had gotten because of today’s events.

IMG_5359.jpg

I was kind of sad we didn’t get to see the electrical parade or the fireworks. The parade was cancelled for obvious reasons but apparently, the fireworks still went on. We found that fact out way too late and we didn’t care enough to turn back around to go see them.

We slowly made our way through the sopping wet parking lot, back to our car parked all the way at the end of the row.

IMG_1234.jpg

I don’t know how but somehow we got lost getting back to our hotel. Once again, Mom was complaining I couldn’t direct and that she couldn’t really see in the dark (and somehow that was my fault). Yet she still wouldn’t let me drive. That situation was just a giant headache.

Before heading to bed for the night, we stopped at the 7-11 across the street to grab breakfast for the next day.

IMG_5360.jpg

Orange juice and cup noodles: breakfast of champions.

IMG_5361.jpg

With that, day 3 comes to its epic conclusion (sans fireworks).

All righty, here we go.

The meatball sub was filling enough for me, it just wasn't very tasty.

Also, the whole no saving tables rule wasn't very fairly enforced. One of the CMs who was cleaning around saw me, Jess, and Edward sitting down at a table without food and they told us we couldn't take the table unless we had our food on us, so we were like 'all righty, no big deal, it's crowded, we get it' and then not five minutes later another group of people sat down at the table we'd just vacated and no one shooed them away even though they didn't have any noms. Talk about not fair.

Buff Obama....BUBAMA!!!!

During that Country Bears show, this bear (I think it was this one) kept singing about blood.

786.jpg

It was super creepy. Is that appropriate for a family oriented show?

Okay, while Jo was standing in line for the dole whip, Jess and I were hanging around taking pictures of Jo. Jess and I are standing next to each other looking at Jo's fancy camera and minding our own business and when Jess is focusing onto Jo in this picture:

840.jpg

some creeping old CM guy comes up right between us and says, "Oh, that's going to be a nice picture." :scared1:He pretty much gave us a heart attack. He didn't say anything else and just walked off.

During the Pirates, I remembered there was a drop so I was freaking out about it and was shouting really early. It wasn't even a big drop.

Also, for dinner, Edward just got a tuna sandwich and I got a clam chowder. He finished your clam chowder since he was still hungry. It was seriously the best chowder ever.

An Update!!!

So was the additional stuff in the HM ride disappointing? :confused3
I love Columbia Harbour house.:goodvibes
Why did they have the upstairs blocked off? Weird:idea:

Once when we were stuck on the monorail for the very same reason, the captain(?) came on and started cracking jokes and having a one sided conversation with his passengers. It was so funny!!!:goodvibes

KIM:flower3:

Hey! Just found your TR and am definitely sticking around for more! I am currently at the part where you nixed your plan to get the characters to do peace signs. I am curious as to how the Princesses would have worded all that legal no gang signs jargon into their own in-character Disneyfied language. Maybe something like, "I'm sorry, but proper Princesses stand like this."

Or something.

BTW, I LOVE that Nyan Cat shirt! I'd totally wear that.

I've definitely been in your sister's situation slipper-wise. My friend and I were in Disneyland about 6 years ago and it rained so hard that it soaked our shoes immensley. The next day we wore my slippers instead but lo and behold, it rained agian. We too had to walk like old folks to prevent slippage. Plus, it was freezing so our feet felt partially numb. We kept holding up the people we were with...it was pretty hilarious. They'd be like 15 feet ahead of us walking at a normal pace, then they'd turn around and see us taking our sweet old time. We came up with a theory that the rain makes you age.

!!!IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!

So I've been moving and in all the hustle and bustle, internet has not been established at my new place yet. I'll be back on the 19 (hopefully) because that's when we're supposed to get connection.

TTFN!!

An Update!!!

So was the additional stuff in the HM ride disappointing? :confused3
I love Columbia Harbour house.:goodvibes
Why did they have the upstairs blocked off? Weird:idea:

Once when we were stuck on the monorail for the very same reason, the captain(?) came on and started cracking jokes and having a one sided conversation with his passengers. It was so funny!!!:goodvibes

KIM:flower3:

I wouldn't say that the new stuff was disappointing because it was still interesting to look at. It was more like...it was not as interactive as I thought. If you tell me something was interactive, I'm thinking you can actually do stuff to it and actually "interact" but the stuff there just did things and you just enjoyed it. Like robots.

I think they blocked the upstairs to Columbia Harbor House because it was getting late and they were preparing to close down. That's probably it.

Not fair...I wish the captain of our monorail made one-sided conversations with us...

Hey! Just found your TR and am definitely sticking around for more! I am currently at the part where you nixed your plan to get the characters to do peace signs. I am curious as to how the Princesses would have worded all that legal no gang signs jargon into their own in-character Disneyfied language. Maybe something like, "I'm sorry, but proper Princesses stand like this."

Or something.

BTW, I LOVE that Nyan Cat shirt! I'd totally wear that.

I've definitely been in your sister's situation slipper-wise. My friend and I were in Disneyland about 6 years ago and it rained so hard that it soaked our shoes immensley. The next day we wore my slippers instead but lo and behold, it rained agian. We too had to walk like old folks to prevent slippage. Plus, it was freezing so our feet felt partially numb. We kept holding up the people we were with...it was pretty hilarious. They'd be like 15 feet ahead of us walking at a normal pace, then they'd turn around and see us taking our sweet old time. We came up with a theory that the rain makes you age.

HAHAHA!!! I could totally picture the princesses saying something like that. Should totally test that theory one day.

Rain is only enjoyable when you're inside and not drenched.

Just found your report.....well done...hope there is more!

Coming right up!

I’m back; just liked I said I would be back. Internet is up and running (FINALLY) and all is settled in the new apartment. Good thing I have an external hard drive full of television shows; “Psych” and “How I Met Your Mother” is a godsend. In terms of life in general, Jess is still in Korea, Jan has migrated down to San Diego, mom’s home and I’m driving buses; nothing has really changed.

SO! On with the show!

~*~*~*~
Cup Noodles Morning

Thursday, June 16

Today was our Animal Kingdom day and we woke up bright and early at 7am. I had set my alarm for 7:15am on our Magic Kingdom but we had arrived too late for the rope drop ceremony and I thought to myself: NEVER AGAIN! So up at 7am it was.

I think everybody was a little slow this morning since we got in so late the night before. Morning routines were slowly done and breakfast was made.

Cup noodles and orange juice; kinda seems like your regular college life, doesn’t it.

IMG_5362.jpg

Not exactly what one pictures when it comes to breakfast but it did the job and we were full enough. Plus: delicious, delicious MSG-ness. Mmm…mmm…mmm.

Looks like Jess enjoyed her cup noodles enough.

Speaking of cup noodles…I’m running low. Need to go to Costco soon.

IMG_5364.jpg

Animal Kingdom is one of my more favorite parks (right behind Epcot) because it encompasses two of my favorite things in the world: animals and Disney. It has always been my dream to work at the Animal Kingdom and one day I will (even if it’s picking up poop).

Once again we drove to the park and I don’t THINK we got lost driving over to Animal Kingdom but I could be wrong. Along the way, we passed by some iconic (non-McDonlads) golden arches.

914.jpg

I’ve read my fair share of trip reports and I feel almost every one of them has some version of that picture. So I might as well put mine up too. It’s like the official, Disney seal of approval.

We were also blessed with the presence of a Magical Express bus!

Ooohhh~~~

Ahhhh~~~

915.jpg

I love how in the back of the bus they have the silhouettes of some of the characters. One day I will stay on property and get to take this bus. I would totally be down to stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge or the Grand Floridian or the Boardwalk; I would even take All Stars Movies. Well, ideally I would like to stay at each place at least once.

One day...when I’m filthy rich.

918.jpg

Before long, we see signs that we’re approaching the Animal Kingdom.

921.jpg

We parked in the magical land of the unicorns.

923.jpg

Unfortunately, we didn’t get to go to Candy Mountain with Charlie because we would rather go see some lions, tigers, and bears.

Candy Mountain? The only mountain in the Animal Kingdom is Mt. Everest, right? Who the heck is Charlie?

Don’t get what I’m talking about? Well, since my Nyan Cat reference was so well received, I thought I would reference another internet meme for you!

Just click here to make sense of what I just typed.

Going back on topic, we got a couple of the obligatory in-front-of-entrance shots.

927.jpg

IMG_5367.jpg

Look how excited Jess was to visit some animals!

926.jpg

Now that we were here, where would we go first?

I’m back; just liked I said I would be back. Internet is up and running (FINALLY) and all is settled in the new apartment. Good thing I have an external hard drive full of television shows; “Psych” and “How I Met Your Mother” is a godsend. In terms of life in general, Jess is still in Korea, Jan has migrated down to San Diego, mom’s home and I’m driving buses; nothing has really changed.
Greetings from Korea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter