"Thunderbolts and lightning! Very very frightening!"... a trip report (FINISHED!!!)

Holy Windshields, Batman!

In no time at all (unfortunately) we were back at MCO. Everything that had happened thus far was somewhat a blur. It felt surreal that our vacation was at an end because the next thing I knew, we were sitting at our plane terminal.

Apparently at gate 35.

2314.jpg

Everyone broke out their electronic devices as we waited to start boarding.

2311.jpg

I just sat around taking pictures. Here’s Pook-a-Looz Stitch that I got for one of my friends.

2308.jpg

Why are they called Pook-a-Looz? It's kind of funny-sounding. Where did that name come from? Is it supposed to mean anything? I’ve always wondered.

Our flight to Denver(? I honestly can't remember) was uneventful. When we got there, we were all feeling a bit hungry so we grabbed some food to sit and eat at our new terminal.

Terminal 41.

2320.jpg

Here’s photo documentation of our bland, overpriced airport food:

2316.jpg

Mmm...bland...

2317.jpg

2318.jpg

Jess had gotten some sort of berry-flavored lemonade. I can’t really tell if she’s enjoying it or not. I guess it was good enough for her to finish it but not good enough for it to be memorable.

2325.jpg

After lunch and a bit more sitting around, we found it odd that there didn’t seem to be any people at or around our terminal. Ma sent me off to go check the flight status board and lo-and-behold! They had changed our gate number on us. Good thing we checked, right?

To gate 43!

It really wasn’t that big of a deal. We were basically separated by a wall and just kind of moved 20 feet.

I went to take pictures of the plane again and while I was taking this picture:

2327.jpg

I finally found the answer to a question I’ve had since forever but kept forgetting to Google.

AIRPLANES HAVE WINDSHIELD WIPERS!!!

2328.jpg

I remember having a conversation with a bunch of people once about whether or not airplanes had any. I couldn’t understand why they would since any water would get blown off because we’re flying so fast. Bugs and stuff can’t really get stuck since they don’t live that far up in the sky. So why would they have them? Since they’re there, they must serve some sort of purpose, right? I wonder what it is. I wonder if it's possible to have them blow off?

Again, the flight home was uneventful. We got picked up by Edward’s dad who dropped us off at our aunt and uncle’s place to grab our car. Eventually we made it home all in one piece, both happy to be back at home but sad knowing we’re no longer at Disney World.

And so ends another wonderful trip to the happiest place on Earth. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we can all go again. Maybe when Jan graduates from college?

Time to start planning!!!

As an added bonus, here’s my personal haul from our trip.

A big bag full of stuff:

2331.jpg

And all the goodies inside!

2330.jpg

Thanks for reading along everybody!

~*~*~*~*~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter