Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.

Nebo was flabbergasted when I told him I don't really drink...He said "So then why are you reading my TR?" I think he's been suspicious of me ever since.
That's right, and I've still got my eye on you.

Nebo, is that because you can only see better out of one eye than the other? :rotfl2:

Orange kitty don't drink? Did you not learn from Nebo that you need to at least drink water. Sure you may not drink alcoholic beverages much, but I'm sure you drink something.

Ugh, sorry it was such a hot day! One of the benefits of DL is supposed to be that the weather is "always" beautiful there.
Yeah. People we know that live in the area said it was exceptionally hot that time of year. We knew it was going to be hot, we weren't expecting it to be that hot though.

I'm really looking forward to your WoC pictures - I've heard its a great show.

It's really a fabulous show. I think it's become one of my favorite night time shows that Disney has to offer. I uploaded the pictures last night. I'm also trying (trying being the keyword) to put together a little video as well. Pictures can't really do it justice, but we did get some pretty good pictures.

Lady H - I LOVE your new hairdo, it is sooo cute and the color is great on you. Sorry T Man, another vote for the new 'do!

Oh sure, take her side. And you want me to post pictures of WoC? With everyone taking her side, I may have to think twice about this.

Ok. I'll post WoC pictures. She really does look cute. Still cuter with long hair if I haven't mentioned that already. :laughing:

Ponziis correct. you mix the alcohol into the sunny D' (or simply lemonade, but in that sase the word "simply" disappears) in your room. with booze from that big bottle you have in your room.

Since we didn't drive, we didn't take the big bottle; or even little bottles. We figured since we were right across the street from a liquor store, we could just buy some there. Aren't you at least proud of us that we went to get little bottles?

however, ponzi, you still sneak in the little bottles, so later you can add them to the soda you buy. (we often save the empty sunny D bottles, then buy one soda and split it between the 2 empty, adding our little bottles.)

sigh..nebo, they have SO much to learn.

You would be proud of us. After we met up with you and Nebo, we took your advice about the Pineapple/Vanilla Swirl Dole Whip. We went to a liquor store that night and bought some rum. It made them so much better. So we're quickly learning. And we didn't even go to a restroom to mix them up. Instead we went to our favorite DSA between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

Nice update, Mr and Mrs T. I can't wait to see Carsland! I think I would like to drive Route 66 out to see Disney's Route 66! :hippie:

Hopefully by the time you go, some of the new will have settled down and the crowds won't be as bad. If Nebo and Smidgy decide to go, and if we can manage to meet up with them; Lady H and I have thought about maybe driving out there. Make a pit stop at the Grand Canyon on our way there and back.

Sorry you missed dinner at GW. We love CPK followed by dessert at Cheesecake Factory.
Our trip isn't over yet. Well at least not in this TR. You would think it would be by now. After 4 months of writing, we're about half way through. Nebo will probably finish up his TR before we finish this one. :laughing:

We still had some chances to eat at GW though. We have a PF Changs and a CPK close to us here that we can always go eat at. What we don't have is a Cheesecake Factory. Only time will tell if we made it back to GW.

Your restroom bartending skills amaze me! :thumbsup2

We improved our skills along the way. Sorta.

I may have to pick your brain a little and get some info from you as to what sites you used to book your day time excursions.

And you expect me to remember??? Just kidding, feel free to ask as much as you want.

Is this the same as "it's not the fall that will kill you, but the landing?" But in your case it would be "its not the drive that will kill me, but the falling asleep behind the wheel plowing into the semi truck that will." You know you could always stop at a hotel for the night and sleep. Just a thought.

Sleep? Sleep? I've heard of it, but don't recall what all the fuss is about. :rolleyes:

:lmao: I remember that! And on a similar vein, The Evil Dr. Yes asks a question and his four henchmen answer (the henchmen are German, Spanish, Russian and French)

Dr. Yes: You agree, yes?
Ya!
Si!
Da!
Oui!

Wow, I just barely remember that. And pretty sure the real actor who played Dr. No, just passed away about a year and a half ago, I should look his name up, but pretty sure he was actually German,,,,,I could be wrong.

Don't tell him! Make him look it up like I had to!

Pris, now who's being Churlish?

My eldest DD, Elle, goes to dance class five days a week. Luckily we live fairly close to another family who's DD also goes to the same dance studio, so we split the driving duties. Whenever I drive home from the studio I take "the long way around". It's a longer distance as the crow flies, but it's quicker with higher speeds and fewer lights. One stretch is on a highway that is used to bypass the city.
Every time I get on that stretch of road... and I mean every single freaking time... I always think to myself, "If instead of turning right at the intersection I go one more mile to the next intersection and turn left... in thirty hours I could be in Disney World."

For years and years and years, I have lived 35 miles from work, which meant highway driving. But it was the very next exit past my work exit, that took me to the Tri State South,,,,and Disney, and once I found Disney, there wasn't a day on the way to work I didn't thinkk about ,,'C'mon, one more exit, GO FOR IT!"

You doubt me? Let me tell you what I used to do about six times a year, ready?

I would wake up at 7am to get to work by 8. I would work from 8 to 4pm. Still with me? Then I'd come home, cook and eat dinner, watch some TV or read or play some video games... then go to work and work from midnight to 8am (been up for 25 hours straight by now). Still with me? Here's where it gets good. I get home shortly after 8am, grab some suitcases, hop back in the car with Ruby and then drive... no let me clarify... Ruby would sit in the passenger seat and I would drive to Winnipeg. No big deal? Well, it was a 12 hour drive. So by the time I finally got to bed, I usually would've been up for 39 - 40 hours straight.

So do you really think I wouldn't make that left turn and drive for 30 hours... to get to Disney????

There's just one problem... THE DRIVE BACK!!!

I did something similar, worked multiple jobs without sleeping. I fondly now refer to that time period as my "First Retinal Detatchment!" or, "The day my eye threw up". I was 20!
So,,,,,,,, DON"T DO THAT NO MORE! yes, bad grammar get's your attention.

I don't know if its a good thing or bad thing to be put into the same category as Nebo and Ponzi. I gotta say, I feel honored to be put into this category. Thank you for the kind words. I think.

Mike, um, well, no, it's not a good thing.

It's really a fabulous show. I think it's become one of my favorite night time shows that Disney has to offer. I uploaded the pictures last night. I'm also trying (trying being the keyword) to put together a little video as well. Pictures can't really do it justice, but we did get some pretty good pictures.

looking forward to seeing them.

Oh sure, take her side. And you want me to post pictures of WoC? With everyone taking her side, I may have to think twice about this.

Ok. I'll post WoC pictures. She really does look cute. Still cuter with long hair if I haven't mentioned that already. :laughing:

I have tried to stay on the sideline on the hair issue, for good reason, but,,, with the fear of bodily harm hovering over me,,,, I like the long hair a "bit" better.

You would be proud of us. After we met up with you and Nebo, we took your advice about the Pineapple/Vanilla Swirl Dole Whip. We went to a liquor store that night and bought some rum. It made them so much better. So we're quickly learning. And we didn't even go to a restroom to mix them up. Instead we went to our favorite DSA between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

sniff, they grow up so fast!

Hey, I'm still missing a chapter here somewhere aren't I?
I didn't go back far enough?

Wow, I just barely remember that. And pretty sure the real actor who played Dr. No, just passed away about a year and a half ago, I should look his name up, but pretty sure he was actually German,,,,,I could be wrong.

I had no idea... so I looked him up. He did die a few years ago (2009), but he wasn't German. Much to my surprise Joseph Wiseman (aka Dr. No) was born in Montreal, Canada! Apparently though, he grew up in New York.

For years and years and years, I have lived 35 miles from work, which meant highway driving. But it was the very next exit past my work exit, that took me to the Tri State South,,,,and Disney, and once I found Disney, there wasn't a day on the way to work I didn't thinkk about ,,'C'mon, one more exit, GO FOR IT!"

Exactly! You understand!

is that the DSA by the Indy speedway? or do you mean the one on the right side of the castle (if you are looking at the castle). we always liked the DSA under the wedway to the right of the restrooms (left of COP) . good place to "fuel up" . if too many nosy people are around, you could duck in the restroom.

but no more meeting up at the dsa for us.. sigh..
actually I am more happy than nebo about quitting. I told him I could tell he is thinking about starting up again. I told him we can afford one only Disney or smoking.. not both.
jan 35 will be 2 years!!!:cool1::banana:

actually I am more happy than nebo about quitting. I told him I could tell he is thinking about starting up again. I told him we can afford one only Disney or smoking.. not both.

Do not start smoking again!!!!

Not only is the choice between smoking or Disney... it's about smoking for a few years or going to Disney for many, many years.

is that the DSA by the Indy speedway? or do you mean the one on the right side of the castle (if you are looking at the castle). we always liked the DSA under the wedway to the right of the restrooms (left of COP) . good place to "fuel up" . if too many nosy people are around, you could duck in the restroom.

Yes, the one by the speedway. Keep walking past Space Mountain gift shop and you get to it. Very few people walk this way. They probably don't know you can walk that way. We like to sit here and watch the trains go by.

but no more meeting up at the dsa for us.. sigh..

Nebo picked the spot. We were happy to meet you any place. Like at DHS that morning. I'm pretty sure that wasn't a DSA.

My vote is for Disney. Or course wasn't the main reason so he can keep what little sight he has left?

Is there some new calendar I'm not aware of? Is this the mayan calendar you're referring to? The one that said the world would end on Dec. 21st? Last time I checked, there were still only 31 days in January.

Anyways, congratulations for making it to 2 years. :dance3:

:lmao: How did I miss that?!?!

I thought it was like the twelfth of never.
Congrats Smidgy and Nebo. When I quit smoking, my sister and I took a class together, and they showed a timeline of how the body heals after you quit. Two years makes a huge difference. Don't give in to the urges and lose all that progress. BTW, that sister is 6 years older than I am, and went back to smoking about 6 months after we quit. When people meet us, some ask if she is my mom. Just sayin'.

sheesh! one little typo!!!!:confused3 tee hee!

ya thumper man, I know nebo picked the spot.. we figured it would be a good meeting area cause there's a bar!!!

I meant HE AND I meeting up after "mixing up" our drinks.

and, no one misunderstand.. I am NOT going back to smoking, EVER!! I worry about nebo though...yes, Mike, his sight was the main reason. but now that his sight isn't improving, he keeps letting that little devil poke into his brain and say "might as well smoke...." there are a LOT of bad things smoking causes. like our oldest son's baseball coach just died of lung cancer at age 66, with 3 kids and about 6 grandkids.

NOT TO MENTION.. !!! we can'
t afford the price of cigarettes AND the price of disney!! so there!

hhmm, I'll make Nebo a deal, if he can make it until Jan 35 without a smoke, I'll let him have one.....;):rotfl:

actually, I meant I would let him have a cig. if he makes it without until Jan. 35 ...he will NEVER make it, as there IS no jan 35!

actually, I meant I would let him have a cig. if he makes it without until Jan. 35 ...he will NEVER make it, as there IS no jan 35!

lol, I would be afraid that one cig would make him want more... :duck:

Dee, Dee, Dee, Dah, Dee Dee, Dah, Dee, Dee
Dateline: Carpentersville, IL
Village President Ed Ritter today announced that Carpentersville Council has declared February to be null and void. January will now be 59 days long in that part of Kane county.
Insiders report an inordinate amount of lobbying by Big Tobacco for the change; motive remains unknown.
In other news, longtime Carpentersville resident Steve was seen actually SKIPPING towards the Quickie Mart. Unfortunately he tripped over a curb stone landing himself in local hospital with multiple injuries. Steve is expected to make a full recovery, but will remain in traction until January 36th.

Village President Ed Ritter today announced that Carpentersville Council has declared February to be null and void. January will now be 59 days long in that part of Kane county.
Insiders report an inordinate amount of lobbying by Big Tobacco for the change; motive remains unknown.
In other news, longtime Carpentersville resident Steve was seen actually SKIPPING towards the Quickie Mart. Unfortunately he tripped over a curb stone landing himself in local hospital with multiple injuries. Steve is expected to make a full recovery, but will remain in traction until January 36th.

:lmao:

c893656c4bc54cfbe88e59d5f956dbd27f1.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter