Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are going to try this. What do we need to know? How do we get our magic bands, and link our tickets? Our first day at Disney is going to be June 25th, so when should I book it for? And do I get the extra FP+ for the length of my reservation, or for the length of my ticket attached? And we're a party of 6, two cars. Will we both get free parking?

So we are going to try this. What do we need to know? How do we get our magic bands, and link our tickets? Our first day at Disney is going to be June 25th, so when should I book it for?

Disney sends you MagicBands as part of your onsite room reservation. They will automatically be linked to your MDE account.

Link your 5-day tickets to everyone in your MDE account.

A June 25 reservation will work for parking, EMH, and Fastpasses.

Is spending $100 for one night worth it, for 2 days of free parking, and the extra 30 days FP+?
And how does the check in work to get your parking pass? Do we actually have to go there and check in?

Is spending $100 for one night worth it, for 2 days of free parking, and the extra 30 days FP+?
And how does the check in work to get your parking pass? Do we actually have to go there and check in?

A campsite is $100?

The parking pass will be linked to your MDE account and your MagicBand will be scanned at the parking toll booth.

Plus, all the MagicBands are included... Retail is $13 + tax.

Plus, Extra Magic Hours (EMH) for two days. You won't be eligible for EMH on any other days of your off-site stay.

A campsite is $100?

The parking pass will be linked to your MDE account and your MagicBand will be scanned at the parking toll booth.

Plus, Extra Magic Hours (EMH) for two days. You won't be eligible for EMH on any other days of your off-site stay.

Same for parking. You only get the on-site perks for the check-in and check-out day for a one night reservation.

A campsite is $100?

Yeah for the date I priced (June 26th), it's $106. So, we save $34 in parking. We won't be using the EMH. So then basically it's the $78 value of the Magic Bands... but, are Magic Bands really worth it? What's the big perk of them?

Yeah for the date I priced (June 26th), it's $106. So, we save $34 in parking. We won't be using the EMH. So then basically it's the $78 value of the Magic Bands... but, are Magic Bands really worth it? What's the big perk of them?

Ease of use at entrance tapstiles and FP lines.

The only reason why you should have at least one MB is if you purchase Memory Maker. For the full benefits of MM, at least one MB is necessary. Maybe more because your group may split up.

Please forgive my ignorance, and sorry I didn't go through every post, but what is a throwaway room, how are people using them. and what are Northernlites? I live in Florida, have an annual pass, so I won't be booking any hotel stays but seems like this is interesting to know. Thanks.

Plus earlier booking for ADRs and FP+ AND the option for a lunch FP ressie at BOG, only available to onsite guests.

MBs are very convenient and allow each person to carry their "ticket" with them. If you are the person in your group that has to keep track of all of the cards when entering the park, going to each of your FP+ times, ADRs, and when making your 4th FP+, it is very worth it! I would have been that person in my group without the MBs and would have been always worrying that we would lose a card when pulling them all out of the backpack!

Throwaway was very worth it for my family of 6!

Plus earlier booking for ADRs and FP+ AND the option for a lunch FP ressie at BOG, only available to onsite guests.

MBs are very convenient and allow each person to carry their "ticket" with them. If you are the person in your group that has to keep track of all of the cards when entering the park, going to each of your FP+ times, ADRs, and when making your 4th FP+, it is very worth it! I would have been that person in my group without the MBs and would have been always worrying that we would lose a card when pulling them all out of the backpack!

Throwaway was very worth it for my family of 6!

Where is BOG? The only ARD we've planned is CRT (already booked) and our dinner show Hoop dee Doo (already booked). We weren't necessarily planning on another meal, but we'd be open to it.

Last question (I hope!). If I book our throw away room for June 30th, I can't use the extra FP+ days for prior to that date, right? However, will I be able to use the Magic Bands earlier? Our first day in park is technically June 25th, but the majority of things we really care about using the FP+ for, are in Fantasyland (Seven Dwarfs, A&E), which we won't be doing until our second day in Disney (June 30th). The rate is quite a bit cheaper for that night, so I thought maybe I'd just use it for our last two days. But I'd want to be able to use the magic bands earlier.

Last question (I hope!). If I book our throw away room for June 30th, I can't use the extra FP+ days for prior to that date, right? However, will I be able to use the Magic Bands earlier? Our first day in park is technically June 25th, but the majority of things we really care about using the FP+ for, are in Fantasyland (Seven Dwarfs, A&E), which we won't be doing until our second day in Disney (June 30th). The rate is quite a bit cheaper for that night, so I thought maybe I'd just use it for our last two days. But I'd want to be able to use the magic bands earlier.

Yes, the magicbands will work earlier. They'll work once you get them, as long as there is also tickets associated with your profile.

Once you hit your 60-day mark for the on-site reservation, I _believe_ that you will retroactively be able to book FP+ for all prior days, subject to the limits of your ticket (i.e. if you have a 5-day ticket, you can book up to 5 days worth of FP+). At least that is how it worked in the past but I haven't seen recent reports to know if it still happens.

To get as much advantage as possible to get A&E especially, you want to book it so that your A&E day is your "check-out" day.

Where is BOG? The only ARD we've planned is CRT (already booked) and our dinner show Hoop dee Doo (already booked). We weren't necessarily planning on another meal, but we'd be open to it.

Be Our Guest is the new restaurant in Fantasyland. Lunch is a counter service, but they offer a "Fastpass" (unrelated to the regular system) to on-site guests. You are supposed to get an email, but not everyone seems to get it.

So how does the parking work?

I mean, if you don't check in physically, you just check in online, how do you get your parking pass? Have any of you been a party of two vehicles? I was speaking to a Disney rep who said we can get the free parking for both vehicles in our party, we just pick up a parking pass at their desk. But... again, if I'm checking in online, will we be able to do the second vehicle, or just one?

So how does the parking work?

I mean, if you don't check in physically, you just check in online, how do you get your parking pass? Have any of you been a party of two vehicles? I was speaking to a Disney rep who said we can get the free parking for both vehicles in our party, we just pick up a parking pass at their desk. But... again, if I'm checking in online, will we be able to do the second vehicle, or just one?

Parking passes are now part of your magicbands. If you do online check-in, your bands can be scanned at the gates to allow parking.

Parking passes are now part of your magicbands. If you do online check-in, your bands can be scanned at the gates to allow parking.

Okay, I was wondering, because when I was talking to the CM this afternoon, she said the magic bands arent linked to your parking and that you have to pick up a physical pass card?

Okay, I was wondering, because when I was talking to the CM this afternoon, she said the magic bands arent linked to your parking and that you have to pick up a physical pass card?

Most of the CMs on the phone don't actually work in WDW and may not be aware of any changes.

As it appears right now, parking via magicband works for all resorts. I have not heard any reports to the contrary.

Most of the CMs on the phone don't actually work in WDW and may not be aware of any changes.

As it appears right now, parking via magicband works for all resorts. I have not heard any reports to the contrary.

Hi Doc....I've heard contradictory info. Yes, if the guest checks in at the resort, parking is on the MB. But, some have said that if you do only online check-in, it isn't on the MB.

I hate it when there is conflicting info out there. Dang.

Yeah, it makes it harder to decide. As we really don't want to have to drive to the resort to physically check in. So, if we can't do online check in for the parking... then that's not as much of a savings/benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter