Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see it being a problem. We just did throwaway bands a few weeks back. The band is just a band everything linked to it is in your MDE account associated with it. WE were able to use our bands for dining before we actually physically checked into our resort.

We went to late night hours but not with our throwaway bands but our actual bands, they ask what resort are you staying at and scan the band. I always wondered what it actually said and if it really had dates on it but I never could tell... :)

Any bands or cards associated with your profile can be used. They scan them, and it will check your profile for a valid reservation. That's all. There really isn't reservation-specific bands, etc.

I believe you may be required to at least do online check-in, as this seems to enable the free parking, etc.

Okay, I'm new, and someone recommended I check out this thread. I'm sick, and my head can't handle reading back through hundreds of pages, so bear with me.

What exactly are throw-away rooms?

I'm assuming it means booking a room even though you're not going to use it, just to get the extra perks? If so, does it have to be a hotel room, or can you book a $50 campsite? Do you have to book one night for every day you want a pass for, or can you book one night, and then get a 4 day pass?

We're staying at Windsor Hills and have a 5-day basic pass.

Okay, I'm new, and someone recommended I check out this thread. I'm sick, and my head can't handle reading back through hundreds of pages, so bear with me.

What exactly are throw-away rooms?

I'm assuming it means booking a room even though you're not going to use it, just to get the extra perks?

Correct

If so, does it have to be a hotel room, or can you book a $50 campsite?

Either will work

Do you have to book one night for every day you want a pass for, or can you book one night, and then get a 4 day pass? What kind of pass are you speaking of? The perks that a 1 night throwaway will get you are as follows...EMH for 2 days, parking for 2 days, FP+ for 60 days for 2 days, then for a rolling 60 day period thereafter, magic bands for your party.

We're staying at Windsor Hills and have a 5-day basic pass.

If you're talking about add'l admission perks there are none Im aware of.

I just meant that we already have a 5-day passes bought. So, even if we just book one night at the campgrounds, we'll still get the 60-day FP+ for all 5 days?

But I'm just realizing - we already have our passes bought, so does that mean we can't do it?

And is spending the extra $75-100 really worth 2 days of free parking, and the extra 30 days for Fast Pass?

I just meant that we already have a 5-day passes bought. So, even if we just book one night at the campgrounds, we'll still get the 60-day FP+ for all 5 days?

But I'm just realizing - we already have our passes bought, so does that mean we can't do it?

And is spending the extra $75-100 really worth 2 days of free parking, and the extra 30 days for Fast Pass?

You can use a room-only reservation...it does not need to be a package that includes tickets.

The 60 day thing is a bit complicated. You won't get to book all 5 days at the 60 day mark - you'll be able to book the first two days, but then you have to wait for 60 days specifically from each additional day (since you do not have a room booked for those days).

Only you can decide if it is worth it.

Hi! I have a couple of questions, and I went back several pages but couldn't find the answers. So please forgive me if these have already been asked. :)

We are staying offsite for our trip and have a throwaway room booked for midway through our trip. (Arriving offsite Sunday, throwaway booked for Wed.) We ordered our tickets from a third party and have already linked them in MDE, and our fp's have already been scheduled. So here are my questions:

1- Will we have any problems using our Magic Bands for park admission and fastpasses on the days BEFORE our onsite check-in date?

2- Will we be able to use morning EMH on the morning of our onsite check-in? Do we have to actually go to the resort before going to the parks to do so?

Thanks!

Hi! I have a couple of questions, and I went back several pages but couldn't find the answers. So please forgive me if these have already been asked. :)

We are staying offsite for our trip and have a throwaway room booked for midway through our trip. (Arriving offsite Sunday, throwaway booked for Wed.) We ordered our tickets from a third party and have already linked them in MDE, and our fp's have already been scheduled. So here are my questions:

1- Will we have any problems using our Magic Bands for park admission and fastpasses on the days BEFORE our onsite check-in date?

2- Will we be able to use morning EMH on the morning of our onsite check-in? Do we have to actually go to the resort before going to the parks to do so?

Thanks!

Things can change, but as far as I know right now:

1) No.

2) Yes, you can go to EMH without physically checking in. Be sure to do online check-in though.

You'll also receive MagicBands for every member of your party. Book a cabin where you can list your complete party on the reservation. Each MagicBand is worth $13 + tax. Two days of parking is $34.

Things can change, but as far as I know right now:

1) No.

2) Yes, you can go to EMH without physically checking in. Be sure to do online check-in though.

Thanks! I appreciate it!! This whole MDE/magic band thing is new to me and a little confusing. So just to clarify:

Even if things changed with fastpasses, etc- at the very least, our tickets would still work for admission prior to and after our resort check-in/check-out dates, right?

Thanks!!!

Thanks! I appreciate it!! This whole MDE/magic band thing is new to me and a little confusing. So just to clarify:

Even if things changed with fastpasses, etc- at the very least, our tickets would still work for admission prior to and after our resort check-in/check-out dates, right?

Thanks!!!

Yes

Hi, me again :wave:
As I said in my PP, down to the wire and now sweating the small stuff.
So my question is this, I have a 5 day throw away campsite booked, I will not be going to check in. Will my MB still allow me to get in for EMH? What my worry is, is that if I don't check in will my MB scan OK to allow me to enter the park for the EMH?

Thanks again to all, :flower3:

Karen :)

You do not have to check in at all. We just let them scan our bands when we went thru parking and had no problem getting free parking on our 2 days. You won't have any problem with the magic band. You can check your band on the website and see that it is linked as soon as you get them. Why are you booking 5 days? Normally people only book 1 night for a throwaway.

Thanks steph12, to answer your question as to why I booked 5 nights for my throwaway room.........I originally booked only the one night and my night to make the first FP ressie was December 24th. We were going to WDW on December 27th and then off to the Disney Dream from December 29h to Jan 2nd. I just didn't want to leave it to chance that I would be able to get onto the ships internet on Dec 29th to book the FP's. Also I would have to bring my laptop to WDW for when we were there from Dec 27th to the 29th to be making the FPs. I just opted for what was easier, that is to book 5 nights and make all my FP ressies at one time. No worrying about it then while at WDW or on the cruise.
Just have to say, we LOVED being at WDW for the 2 days, stayed at the Contemporary and had the best view of the fireworks and even was able to see Tink fly on both nights. Disney Dream was fantastic too. For me, I LOVED being with my entire family on NYE, not to mention we were lounging in beach chairs, in the water on New Years Day. Had a great time!!
Thanks to everyone who has been so very helpful with information. :grouphug:

Karen :)

We are staying offsite the 10th of April until the 15th. Then we are staying at CS for two nights starting Wednesday April 15th 2015.

We plan on going to MK on Tuesday April 14th and Thursday April 16th.

I thought I would be able to book my fp+ 60 days out for the April 16th and 30 days out for the April 14th.

But now after reading above can I book the 14th visit 60 days out or not?

What can I do?

We are staying offsite the 10th of April until the 15th. Then we are staying at CS for two nights starting Wednesday April 15th 2015.

I thought I would be able to book my fp+ 60 days out for the April 16th and 30 days out for the April 14th.

What can I do?

Only 30 days because your onsite stay is after your offsite stay. If you were onsite > offsite it would be 60.

What can I do?

Only 30 days because your onsite stay is after your offsite stay. If you were onsite > offsite it would be 60.

I _think_ what may happen (I don't remember precisely) is that once you hit 60 days from your on-site stay, it retroactively opens up all the days previous. Not certain of that though. Worked that way for AP holders at one time at least.

I _think_ what may happen (I don't remember precisely) is that once you hit 60 days from your on-site stay, it retroactively opens up all the days previous. Not certain of that though. Worked that way for AP holders at one time at least.

So, Northernlites may be able to book for her offsite park day at 59 days out after her onsite triggers the 60-day window? I guess it's how the FP system opens the windows.

30-day window is open with active tickets. 60 days before the onsite stay the window opens: does it open with the 1st day of the onsite stay and forward, or does it make the 30-day window turn into a full 60? After FP began, the IT department was purged and all new techs are in place.... not sure what a 60-day window looks like now.

So, Northernlites may be able to book for her offsite park day at 59 days out after her onsite triggers the 60-day window? I guess it's how the FP system opens the windows.

30-day window is open with active tickets. 60 days before the onsite stay the window opens: does it open with the 1st day of the onsite stay and forward, or does it make the 30-day window turn into a full 60? After FP began, the IT department was purged and all new techs are in place.... not sure what a 60-day window looks like now.

At 60 days from check-in of the on-site stay, it definitely opens a 60-day window plus the length of the reservation.

On Feb. 14th, Northernlites can book FP+ for April 15th, 16th, and 17th.

For days AFTER April 17th, it is a rolling 60-day window. So on Feb. 17th, they can book FP+ for April 18th, and so on. This continues until April 15th (check-in day), when the window "snaps shut" back to 30 days, barring any other reservations.

What appears to happen is there is a "60-day flag" set on the profile once you have an on-site reservation within the next 60 days. Since the days prior to the on-site stay are now within that 60 day window, you can then book FP+ for them.

At 60 days from check-in of the on-site stay, it definitely opens a 60-day window plus the length of the reservation.

On Feb. 14th, Northernlites can book FP+ for April 15th, 16th, and 17th.

For days AFTER April 17th, it is a rolling 60-day window. So on Feb. 17th, they can book FP+ for April 18th, and so on. This continues until April 15th (check-in day), when the window "snaps shut" back to 30 days, barring any other reservations.

What appears to happen is there is a "60-day flag" set on the profile once you have an on-site reservation within the next 60 days. Since the days prior to the on-site stay are now within that 60 day window, you can then book FP+ for them.

That's interesting the window opens that way. So, Northernlites, you can book April 14th on February 14th when your 60-day onsite window opens for your April 15th stay.

Thanks, Doc, for the info.

That's interesting the window opens that way. So, Northernlites, you can book April 14th on February 14th when your 60-day onsite window opens for your April 15th stay.

Thanks, Doc, for the info.

Note that I'm not _certain_ it still works that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter