• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the days after the resort stay? Is it a rolling 30 or 60 day. If I decide to do it that way.

With your 6d tickets you'll be able to do the Wednesday (of checkin) and thurs, Fri, Sat., Sun, Mon.

Wednesday & Thursday will be available at the 60day prior to Wednesday

The other four days you will have to wait to 60 days prior to each of them.

Does anyone know if you lose your FP+ if you cancel your reservation?

What about changing the dates of a reservation? What about decreasing a reservation from 7 days to 1 day? Will any of this cause you to lose your FP+?

Does anyone know if you lose your FP+ if you cancel your reservation?

What about changing the dates of a reservation? What about decreasing a reservation from 7 days to 1 day? Will any of this cause you to lose your FP+?

It does not seem that you will lose any FP+. However, it does appear to prevent you from making any changes to the existing FP+, so you effectively become locked in until the dates fall within the 30 day window. At least the last time anyone tested in that I recall.

It does not seem that you will lose any FP+. However, it does appear to prevent you from making any changes to the existing FP+, so you effectively become locked in until the dates fall within the 30 day window. At least the last time anyone tested in that I recall.

I'll report back if I end up testing it.

Hi, I have a throwaway campsite ressie for 5 days in February. Just wondering about the parking. Will I be able to valet park at the deluxe hotels (well, Contemporary to be exact) without a fee?
Thanks, I think I pretty much have the rest of it down, just wondering about the valet parking.

Karen:)

Hi, I have a throwaway campsite ressie for 5 days in February. Just wondering about the parking. Will I be able to valet park at the deluxe hotels (well, Contemporary to be exact) without a fee?
Thanks, I think I pretty much have the rest of it down, just wondering about the valet parking.

Karen:)

No. you don't get valet parking for free even if you are STAYING at a deluxe resort.

Tables in Wonderland gets you free valet parking while you're eating somewhere and use your TiW card (you have to show a receipt).

Yup, that is correct.

DVC used to get free valet as well but they canceled that perk some years ago, I think when they contracted out/changed contractors.

Thank you doconeill, Candleshoe and Missyrose. I do have TiW and we have a ressie to eat at Chef Mickeys so that will work just fine.
So I'm guessing that you pay for valet parking when you are ready to get your car, after you eat. Is that correct? Thinking that that would be when you would show your TiW card and receipt.

Thanks again for any help/info. I'm down to the wire and obviously sweating the small stuff :rolleyes:

Karen :)

Hi, me again :wave:
As I said in my PP, down to the wire and now sweating the small stuff.
So my question is this, I have a 5 day throw away campsite booked, I will not be going to check in. Will my MB still allow me to get in for EMH? What my worry is, is that if I don't check in will my MB scan OK to allow me to enter the park for the EMH?

Thanks again to all, :flower3:

Please don't do this. It is very disheartening to try and book a site to actually go camping, see everything is booked solid, and then hear from people there that a a lot of sites sit empty.

Agreed! If you want the perks of staying onsight then you need to stay onsite.

Thank you doconeill, Candleshoe and Missyrose. I do have TiW and we have a ressie to eat at Chef Mickeys so that will work just fine.
So I'm guessing that you pay for valet parking when you are ready to get your car, after you eat. Is that correct? Thinking that that would be when you would show your TiW card and receipt.

Thanks again for any help/info. I'm down to the wire and obviously sweating the small stuff :rolleyes:

That is correct. Don't pay and you don't see your car again. :)

Agreed! If you want the perks of staying onsight then you need to stay onsite.

Glad I'm not the only one that think this is poor taste and makes it harder for people actually wanting to stay at a low cost resort. I wish WDW would close the loophole on this somehow.

Please be aware that the moderators have said several times that this thread is NOT to be used to debate the ethics of the throwaway room.

Hi, me again :wave:
As I said in my PP, down to the wire and now sweating the small stuff.
So my question is this, I have a 5 day throw away campsite booked, I will not be going to check in. Will my MB still allow me to get in for EMH? What my worry is, is that if I don't check in will my MB scan OK to allow me to enter the park for the EMH?

Thanks again to all, :flower3:

Anyone??

Thanks in advance,

I really don't see it being a problem. We just did throwaway bands a few weeks back. The band is just a band everything linked to it is in your MDE account associated with it. WE were able to use our bands for dining before we actually physically checked into our resort.

We went to late night hours but not with our throwaway bands but our actual bands, they ask what resort are you staying at and scan the band. I always wondered what it actually said and if it really had dates on it but I never could tell... :)

MOM POPPINS, thank you so much for the info.
So are you saying that when you went to EMH you were not staying on site but had a throw away room booked, is that correct?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter