Thongs on board?

Ok, I'm sailing in 6 days and I just know that if I see a speedo or thong I'm going to bust out laughing thinking of this thread.:rotfl:

I think if you can wear a thong then you should.

That's why men wear dark sunglasses on the beach.

Oh, we women are all to aware of why men wear those DARK sunglasses... LOL. They can perve with out "feeling like a perv." LOL. It's all good... we are all human, we all look. Just don't be "creepy" ok? You all know your wives know this too don't you? Your not fooling her one bit. :lmao:

Ok, I'm sailing in 6 days and I just know that if I see a speedo or thong I'm going to bust out laughing thinking of this thread.:rotfl:

You can thank me Stacy.:cutie: I started this thread. Little did I know that it would turn out this way.:rotfl2: I have also enjoyed many of the replies. Really, it was a serious inquiry just so that I would know what to be prepaired for. If it continues.... keep on laughing! I know I will. :lmao:

Just wondering if anyone ever saw girls/women wearing thongs? I hope not since we will be having our children with us. It is a Disney Cruise.... so that is another reason that I would think it would not be an issue. Just wondering. Thanks.

There was a family that every day we saw them on the ship the mother and DAUGHTER (7ish yrs old) both had them on!?!?! I was appauled! My 7 year old kept saying they needed to pull there suits out of their butts! LOL :lmao:

You guys are all cracking me up... pun intended :lmao:

And when that man in his speedos goes to the pool, tell me honestly do you not look?

;):):rolleyes1

Yes I admit I look but in an "OMG, I wish he's put some clothes on" kinda way :rotfl2:

Americans are way too prudish about nudity IMHO. When I was a child it wasn't uncommon to see naked toddlers/preschoolers at the beach, nowadays if a toddler or infant is wearing a 2 piece swimsuit it's considered indecent:confused3

Its still pretty common to see kids naked here on the beach etc - the biggest risk is skin cancer though and they are now having to play ads on TV saying "never let your child get sunburnt".

E. Budgie Smugglers (the Australian term)

F. Slug huggers (my MIL's term for them)

I think if you can wear a thong then you should.

That's why men wear dark sunglasses on the beach.
Thats why we all wear dark sunglasses:cool2::lmao:
There was a family that every day we saw them on the ship the mother and DAUGHTER (7ish yrs old) both had them on!?!?! I was appauled! My 7 year old kept saying they needed to pull there suits out of their butts! LOL :lmao:
:sad2:

Anyone visiting Barcelona on the Med cruises may see something a little more risque than a man in Speedos or a thong .... there is an infamous man in Barcelona who walks the streets wearing nothing but painted on underwear ........

may be something to warn the kids or anyone with a delicate disposition about before you go

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Anyone visiting Barcelona on the Med cruises may see something a little more risque than a man in Speedos or a thong .... there is an infamous man in Barcelona who walks the streets wearing nothing but painted on underwear ........

may be something to warn the kids or anyone with a delicate disposition about before you go

This reminds me of what we saw in OKW in Oct 08, we were enjoying a stroll around the town and walked down near the beach only to see a slim middle aged male walking towards our 13yr old daughter with what can be described as a flesh coloured tube that started at the back and then a "cigar shaped tube" tied with cord at the front. I remember the shock and horror on her face as she tried to walk away but the curiosity got the better of her and followed him for a second, my wife and I were laughing although shocked as we are aware how prudish the "States" can seem, although they are really.

We are in Barcelona for 2 cruises this summer and will keep an eye open for this guy.

I will have to keep an eye out for that!
This reminds me of what we saw in OKW in Oct 08, we were enjoying a stroll around the town and walked down near the beach only to see a slim middle aged male walking towards our 13yr old daughter with what can be described as a flesh coloured tube that started at the back and then a "cigar shaped tube" tied with cord at the front. I remember the shock and horror on her face as she tried to walk away but the curiosity got the better of her and followed him for a second, my wife and I were laughing although shocked as we are aware how prudish the "States" can seem, although they are really.

We are in Barcelona for 2 cruises this summer and will keep an eye open for this guy.

I went to Italy for hols once, :rolleyes:Ive never seen anything like it, thay totaly loved themslves and even had huge mirriors everywhere so they could check there hair and eh..packages, boy it was something else.

Very funny thread. In a related subject...for those of you going on the Med cruise and will be touring Barcelona, beware. Les Ramblas is the most famous promenade in Spain and if you walk north a little, you will see anatomically correct bronze statues.

As we came up on these statues, my daughter saw them and reached over to cover my eyes. My wife pointed out that "daddy has that too honey, no sense covering his eyes!" Our hotel was right by these statures so we had to pass them everytime we left the hotel and my daughter would blush.

So one of the reasons we love to travel is to let our children experience how other people live....I suppose that includes butt floss swim suites.

~Mike

Very funny thread. In a related subject...for those of you going on the Med cruise and will be touring Barcelona, beware. Les Ramblas is the most famous promenade in Spain and if you walk north a little, you will see anatomically correct bronze statues.

As we came up on these statues, my daughter saw them and reached over to cover my eyes. My wife pointed out that "daddy has that too honey, no sense covering his eyes!" Our hotel was right by these statures so we had to pass them everytime we left the hotel and my daughter would blush.

So one of the reasons we love to travel is to let our children experience how other people live....I suppose that includes butt floss swim suites.

~Mike

Mike, couldnt have said it better myself.Your wife sounds like a very cool Mum.

We were touring St Maarten by taxi once, and the driver took us to whatever the nude beach is there. We saw an older fellow walking along.
All my kids did was say "Ewwwwww" :rotfl::rotfl:

We were in Curacao one time, coming back from a snorkel trip by boat. There was a really pretty young lady on the beach, topless. I mentioned it, and then laughed myself silly watching my husband and his old college buddies all scrambling to find their glasses....:rotfl2: Sadly for them, they were too late, she'd picked up a towel by the time the old guys could see.:cool2:

~Mike

I'm sorry, but this sounds EXACTLY like my DD. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

On a more serious note, where would one ever find a thong swim suite for a 7 year old....ewwwww! Call me a prude but that is the kid of things that pervs would just adore..... NOT ON MY DAUGHTER!

I find this thread extremely funny and it's gotten a few chuckles out of me and has DH wondering what I'm reading. I have to admit though, I'm fairly certain my DD (6) will just point and say "Look Mommy, their butt is hungry!":rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: This is how we've always joked as a family about the kids' suits riding up at the pool. It usually induces a chuckle from everyone, but then again, it's only family at this pool... maybe we should think of another way to tell them their suits are riding up...:rolleyes1

Very funny thread. In a related subject...for those of you going on the Med cruise and will be touring Barcelona, beware. Les Ramblas is the most famous promenade in Spain and if you walk north a little, you will see anatomically correct bronze statues. ~Mike

We were on the Magic Western on Jan. 23 and the day we went to Key West I had to run back to the ship because as we walked off the ship, the DH turns to look at me and says "are you going to get a hat or just get your head sunburned?" (I have total perm. hair loss from radiation tx and just forget sometimes that I don't have my wig on :rolleyes: ) So I say I will meet him & the kids somewhere on the square in 10 minutes. So I get back off the ship and am looking around for them. I see the DH in the distance near what looks like a museum with some cool looking, realistic statues. Oh, good, some culture.

I get a little closer and see the kids running around in a circle of statues. How cute!

I get even closer. They are running around a circle of NAKED LADY statues!! :lmao: DH is on the phone, totally oblivious. I told him we were going to get our parenting license taken away if he wasn't careful!

Of course, I had to document the fact...

Cruisepix111.jpg

LOVE the little kid standing to the side of the above...

Cruisepix110.jpg

Okay, so not really real looking, but pretty funny...

You guys are all cracking me up... pun intended :lmao:

Yes I admit I look but in an "OMG, I wish he's put some clothes on" kinda way :rotfl2:

Its still pretty common to see kids naked here on the beach etc - the biggest risk is skin cancer though and they are now having to play ads on TV saying "never let your child get sunburnt".

F. Slug huggers (my MIL's term for them)

How about (G.) Walnut Wedgers :lmao:

We were on the Magic Western on Jan. 23 and the day we went to Key West I had to run back to the ship because as we walked off the ship, the DH turns to look at me and says "are you going to get a hat or just get your head sunburned?" (I have total perm. hair loss from radiation tx and just forget sometimes that I don't have my wig on :rolleyes: ) So I say I will meet him & the kids somewhere on the square in 10 minutes. So I get back off the ship and am looking around for them. I see the DH in the distance near what looks like a museum with some cool looking, realistic statues. Oh, good, some culture.

I get a little closer and see the kids running around in a circle of statues. How cute!

I get even closer. They are running around a circle of NAKED LADY statues!! :lmao: DH is on the phone, totally oblivious. I told him we were going to get our parenting license taken away if he wasn't careful!

Of course, I had to document the fact...

Cruisepix111.jpg

LOVE the little kid standing to the side of the above...

Cruisepix110.jpg

Okay, so not really real looking, but pretty funny...

OMG !!! This is sooo funny! Now is that your husband on the phone lying on his back in the middle of all the naked girls looking up and all around??? Not so sure he is oblivious to the naked girl statues...... Very funny. Thanks for posting. :rotfl:

Most kids won't give it another thought, they only dwell on stuff parents get hyper about.

That is so true! Notice if a small child falls down and unless they are truly hurt, you can say "get up and lets get going", they will get up with no crying. But if you say "oh no, are you okay, poor sweety" or something like that - they hear the sympathy in your voice and then start to cry. I've seen it.

But then I work with kids and tears don't work with me unless they are truly hurt in some way. A kid got stuck in the bathroom at my library. He only got the door open so far to get his fingers around the edge and the door closed because it was too heavy for him. Well, I heard crying and figured at first it was parent disciplining a child until I heard the type of crying. I got him out - Mom no where around - and pulled him against me. Then I turned him around and told him to tell the door "bad door" just talked to him for a moment until we found Mom and he was fine. But his being able to "talk back" to the door helped him calm down. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter