"This Isn't Disneyworld. . .It's Rainworld!!" our trip to WDW May 16-23, 2009

Hi Becky.
Do you plan to write a PTR for you upcoming trip??
I wouldn' t like to miss it.:thumbsup2

Once again, I was behind on your TR since I haven't been on the Dis much. So sad that your TR is wrapping up. Your girls are just so cute and it is fun to see them experiencing everything. The pictures of them asleep in the car are just classic.

How nice for your hubby that you got to see SWW. The parade looks like it was a long one! Was it very crowded? I can't wait for you to start your new PTR. Your ADR choices all look good so far!

Hi Becky! Hope you're having a great week!

Thanks Leanne!! Things are going pretty well. It's just hectic with Brent being gone. Thanks for checking in on me!!

Hi Becky.
Do you plan to write a PTR for you upcoming trip??
I wouldn' t like to miss it.:thumbsup2

Hi!! Yes, I sure do!! I hope to start it soon but my goal is to be done here first. I still need to do a recap!! I will definitely post here when I start my PTR!!

Once again, I was behind on your TR since I haven't been on the Dis much. So sad that your TR is wrapping up. Your girls are just so cute and it is fun to see them experiencing everything. The pictures of them asleep in the car are just classic.

How nice for your hubby that you got to see SWW. The parade looks like it was a long one! Was it very crowded? I can't wait for you to start your new PTR. Your ADR choices all look good so far!

Hi Alison!! I haven't been on in several days either. Brent is out of the country for business so I haven't been online much. Yes, the SWW parade was quite long but pretty entertaining!! It didn't seem too overly crowded to me but we left at lunchtime. It was also EMH in the morning so the park opened an hour early which was nice.

Hi Becky,
Just popped in to say that over the weekend my DD, Emily had her birthday partry. When she was opening her presents one of the kids brought her the pink Minnie and Minnie jacket. The same one from your Halloween pictures. i saw it and I thought "Hmm that looks familiar" and then I remembered you had it.:lmao:
Anyways had to share that.
Hope you had a great weekend!
When does Brent come back?

Hope you had a great weekend! Can't wait to see your recap. popcorn::

I did Leanne!! I hope to write my recap very soon!! It's just been difficult--I haven't been able to get online much with Brent out of the country.

Hi Becky,
Just popped in to say that over the weekend my DD, Emily had her birthday partry. When she was opening her presents one of the kids brought her the pink Minnie and Minnie jacket. The same one from your Halloween pictures. i saw it and I thought "Hmm that looks familiar" and then I remembered you had it.:lmao:
Anyways had to share that.
Hope you had a great weekend!
When does Brent come back?

Hi!! How funny!! I hoped she liked it!! I LOVE mine! I did have a nice weekend. Brent gets back on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Becky, just stopping by to say Hello. Hope ya'll have a great week ahead.

Hi Dana!! Thanks for checking in!! I'm hanging in here but I'm missing Brent terribly. I cannot WAIT to have him back home!!

I'm pretty new here, but I just caught up on your TR and wanted to tell you I loved reading it! My daughter, Bella, is close in age to Ally and she will take her first trip this coming up May. Your pictures made me even more excited!

I'm pretty new here, but I just caught up on your TR and wanted to tell you I loved reading it! My daughter, Bella, is close in age to Ally and she will take her first trip this coming up May. Your pictures made me even more excited!

Hi and :welcome:!! Thanks for joining in on my TR!! Glad you are enjoying it! How fun--May is such a nice time to go!! :goodvibes

Time for my trip recap!! I'm going to start with the positives (+) and negatives (-) of our trip--starting out generally and then specifically from day to day.

- RAIN!!! Everyday ALL day! Uggh!
+ receiving towel animals/creations everyday
+ staying at the Polynesian :cloud9:
+ it was a magical trip that started our love and addiction to all things Disney :lovestruc

Day 1
+ Tokelau building--great location and great view!!
- Bells Services--had the hardest time finding our Garden Grocer order and getting it to us in a timely manner
+ DIS meetup @ the Poly beach with Sarah (mom2mek), Nichole (kaysmommie), & Michelle (mkluvsmickey)

Day 2 (HS)
+ spending time with good friends from our church
- the HSM show being rained out
+ being the Family of the Show for the Playhouse Disney show
- standing in line for over an hour and having Fantasmic being cancelled at the last minute

Day 3 (MK)
+ entering MK early and getting pics in an empty park in front of the castle
+ Ally's BBB experience--so magical and the hairdo lasted ALL week!!
+ CRT
+ "losing" my camera bag while at CRT
+ Spectromagic & Wishes

Day 4 (AK)
- 11 inches of rain and hardly being able to do much at AK
+ Lion King & Nemo shows
+ O'hana dinner (my favorite meal)
+ meeting Leanne (leamom2princesses)
- not being able to swim in the Poly pool due to the rain

Day 5 (Epcot)
- late monorail making us late to breakfast at Akershus
+ breakfast at Akershus--princesses were phenomenal!!
+ Ally getting chosen to ask Crush a question in Turtle Time With Crush
+ Epcot passport for Ally (she loved getting it stamped in each country)
- no Kidcot mask--too rainy to be able to make one
+ Voices of Liberty (amazing)
- No Illuminations due to all of the rain

Day 6 (MK)
+ meeting Julie (TwoRoos) and family
+ fairy meet and greet
+ Storytime With Belle
+ watching Wishes from the Grand Floridian

Day 7 (MK)
+ getting to see the Opening Show for the first time
+ meeting Ariel at her Grotto
+ receiving 5 MK Fastpasses
+ Crystal Palace dinner
- last night blues

Day 8 (HS--SWW)
+ SWW (Brent loved this)
- The Muppet Show (disappointing)
+ Ally being chosen to dance in the HSM show
+ Ally sending a Magical Message to Ariel
- going home

Coming up--our favorites, things we'll do again, and our "To Do" list for next time!!!

Becky....

love your + and - list....a very fun way to wrap up this TR....I am so happy that the MAGIC pixiedust: of WDW shined through for all of you on the the first family trip and so many cherised memories were made...it has been such a delight to read and look at all your wonderful pictures of this trip! I can't wait for the next one!

Julie :goodvibes

Reading all of your + moments reminded me of all the wonderful memories you made on your trip (despite that horrible rain!). I am so glad you are headed back again in 2010!!! :goodvibes

Becky, when you start your new PTR, do not forget us here:sad2:... let us know your new Title so I can subscribe.......:cool1:

Lulu

Great recap Becky! I know you must be soooo excited that Brent will be home tomorrow...you need to finish tonight; cause I know you won't be sleeping :lmao:

waiting for the PTR to hear how you plan to hit the parks this May!:mickeyjum:

Ally's picture losing her first tooth is priceless!:upsidedow
:wave2:

Hey Becky!

I just got caught up again! I really enjoyed your TR and can't wait to read your next one!:goodvibes Looks like we will miss you by only about 2 weeks...and we will be at the Poly as well.

Let's start the chant now: No rain in May 2010!!!:rotfl:

Becky....

love your + and - list....a very fun way to wrap up this TR....I am so happy that the MAGIC pixiedust: of WDW shined through for all of you on the the first family trip and so many cherised memories were made...it has been such a delight to read and look at all your wonderful pictures of this trip! I can't wait for the next one!

Julie :goodvibes

Thanks Julie!! I can't wait for the next one either!!! :goodvibes

Reading all of your + moments reminded me of all the wonderful memories you made on your trip (despite that horrible rain!). I am so glad you are headed back again in 2010!!! :goodvibes

Awww!! Thanks Jackie!! I'm sooo glad, too!!! :woohoo:

Becky, loved recapping your trip with you + / - list....can't wait until the next trip!!!:yay:

Thanks Kristen! I can't wait either!! But planning sure is fun!! :goodvibes

Becky, when you start your new PTR, do not forget us here:sad2:... let us know your new Title so I can subscribe.......:cool1:

Lulu

Lulu--no worries!! I will be sure to let you know! I will definitely post here!! I want to wrap this one up first!! ;)

Great recap Becky! I know you must be soooo excited that Brent will be home tomorrow...you need to finish tonight; cause I know you won't be sleeping :lmao:

waiting for the PTR to hear how you plan to hit the parks this May!:mickeyjum:

Ally's picture losing her first tooth is priceless!:upsidedow
:wave2:

Thanks Connie!! I am VERY excited about Brent coming home!! :yay: I hope to finish tonight--we'll see how long I can stay awake! This solo parenting gig is exhausting!! Aww--thanks!! Ally was sooo excited to lose that 1st tooth!!

Hey Becky!

I just got caught up again! I really enjoyed your TR and can't wait to read your next one!:goodvibes Looks like we will miss you by only about 2 weeks...and we will be at the Poly as well.

Let's start the chant now: No rain in May 2010!!!:rotfl:

Thank you!! I hate that we will just miss each other--that stinks! But it will be fun hearing about each other's trips!! :goodvibes No rain in May! No rain in May!!

Loved your recap list! I can't wait for your new PTR so I can live vicariously through your planning.

Thanks!! I'm so glad you enjoy reading!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter