• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"This Isn't Disneyworld. . .It's Rainworld!!" our trip to WDW May 16-23, 2009

Awe, isn't it precious that Ally fell asleep on the ride back from the GF to the Poly :) She must have been exhausted!

Hi Becky! Great update! I'm so glad that you got some good time on this day without rain. It allowed you to get some great pictures and go on some "outdoor" rides. LOVE the pic after you got squirted with water. Her face is so cute! I'm so jealous that you got to go "home" to the Poly every night. How wonderful. :cloud9:

Thanks!! I was sooo happy to finally get some time without rain!

Your girls are lucky! You throw really nice parties!

Awe, isn't it precious that Ally fell asleep on the ride back from the GF to the Poly :) She must have been exhausted!

Thanks!! She WAS exhausted!! She didn't even wake up once we got back to the room! I was able to put her in bed without her waking up!!

I love it when the kids are SO tired that they fall asleep amongst all the commotion of Disney! How do they do that???

Today I took the girls to see the Toy Story 3D double feature! I wasn't sure how Claire would do being at the movies for over 3 hours but I thought it was worth a try! She ended up doing GREAT and sat still the ENTIRE time!! We even sat through the 10 minute intermission and watched the extra fun facts/trivia/deleted scenes. We all just LOVED seeing the movies in 3D! We own both movies but the girls had never seen the first Toy Story movie--it was a hit! Like Jackie said in her TR, I fell in love with the characters all over again!! And I even became quite emotional during the scene in the 2nd movie where Jessie talks about her former owner, Emily (even though I've seen it a thousand times). I was balling my eyes out b/c it made me think of how fast my own girls are growing up! :sad1: Uggh!! I sat there just hugging/loving on both of my girls. I even noticed a bunch of the little details in the movie that I had read about in the book "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World". It's funny b/c I was reading the book aloud to Brent on our 4 hour ride home from Alabama last night--and last night was when I read about Toy Story so it was fresh on my mind!!

I wasn't able to get any pictures at the movie theater--it was POURING rain today! (I normally get their pics in front of the movie poster) And it was way too dark in the theater to take a pic with my phone. But I did take some pics before we left the house!!

Ally in her brand new Mickey shirt that we bought at Justice yesterday!! (she took Minnie Mouse with her to the movies)
001-6.jpg

Claire & Ally
004-7.jpg

005-5.jpg

Claire sporting her Jasmine shirt & matching clippie
008-2.jpg

So if you haven't seen the Toy Story 3D double feature, you MUST go see it!! It was supposed to end on Oct. 15th but it was announced today that since it was doing so well in theaters that the running time would be extended!!

We cannot WAIT to see Toy Story 3!!

The girls were so cute dressed up for their afternoon at the movies -- love the last picture of Claire with her big smile! :laughing:

I cried, too, a couple of times -- you are so right about how quickly they grow up -- it seems like just yesterday that Chelsea was Claire's age and insisting on watching Toy Story for the millionth time.

Glad you enjoyed the movies -- we stayed during the intermission as well and got a kick out of all the little things they did to keep us occupied.

Hi Becky! Don't worry...I'm still here! I think we all got a little crazy and busy with all the summer activities. ;)

I love the pic of Brent and Ally on the carpets...great catch to capture that moment! You can tell Ally is having the time of her life! :thumbsup2

It looks like you got a relatively dry day for once. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it!

The GF is just beautiful! I don't think my boys would appreciate it though. Maybe someday for a girly trip..it that ever happens! :confused3

We've eaten at Cosmic Rays on both of our trips and we are never disappointed. The variety there is fantastic!

I'm not sure we're going to make it to the theater to see the Toy Story double feature, but we are SO excited to see Toy Story 3!! :woohoo:

I'm so glad the girls enjoyed the double feature! When I saw on your facebook that you were taking them to see the movies, I wondered how Claire would do! That's great that she already has such patience and a great attention span!!
I was young when Toy Story came out-- I'll never forget going to see it the day after it came out, on Thanksgiving morning with my cousins!
Fuzzy memories!! DBF and I are so glad they extended the double feature.

Awww, sounds like you had a great time!! We loved it too; such a great movie!

The pics of the girls are just darling. Claire is starting to lose her little baby look; she's starting to look like a big girl now! :lovestruc So sweet!

The girls were so cute dressed up for their afternoon at the movies -- love the last picture of Claire with her big smile! :laughing:

I cried, too, a couple of times -- you are so right about how quickly they grow up -- it seems like just yesterday that Chelsea was Claire's age and insisting on watching Toy Story for the millionth time.

Glad you enjoyed the movies -- we stayed during the intermission as well and got a kick out of all the little things they did to keep us occupied.

Thanks Jackie!! I had wished that we had some cute Toy Story shirts to wear but I've never seen any girly Toy Story shirts. Yes, intermission (along with everything else) was really well done!! The Christmas Carol preview got us really excited about seeing that movie!

Hi Becky! Don't worry...I'm still here! I think we all got a little crazy and busy with all the summer activities. ;)

I love the pic of Brent and Ally on the carpets...great catch to capture that moment! You can tell Ally is having the time of her life! :thumbsup2

It looks like you got a relatively dry day for once. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it!

The GF is just beautiful! I don't think my boys would appreciate it though. Maybe someday for a girly trip..it that ever happens! :confused3

We've eaten at Cosmic Rays on both of our trips and we are never disappointed. The variety there is fantastic!

I'm not sure we're going to make it to the theater to see the Toy Story double feature, but we are SO excited to see Toy Story 3!! :woohoo:

Thanks Missy!! Glad you're still on board! Yes, it was probably one of the most dry days we had on our vacation.

I'm so glad the girls enjoyed the double feature! When I saw on your facebook that you were taking them to see the movies, I wondered how Claire would do! That's great that she already has such patience and a great attention span!!
I was young when Toy Story came out-- I'll never forget going to see it the day after it came out, on Thanksgiving morning with my cousins!
Fuzzy memories!! DBF and I are so glad they extended the double feature.

Awww thanks!! I know! I was SHOCKED when she sat in my lap the entire time without moving a muscle!

Awww, sounds like you had a great time!! We loved it too; such a great movie!

The pics of the girls are just darling. Claire is starting to lose her little baby look; she's starting to look like a big girl now! :lovestruc So sweet!

We DID Katie!! Thanks!! I know, Claire looks so different to me, too! She's growing up way too fast!!

Hi! Becky
here's an idea...if they don't come out with any girly TS tees soon. Myabe someone on the creative disboards can disign you one for each of the girls. You just need to do the iron on transfers from there!

I'm so happy Claire sat and enjoyed the entire dbl feature!!! Ashton did well except he kept asking to go to the potty during the second one...maybe we should not have ordered the large drink :laughing:

:wave2:

Hi! Becky
here's an idea...if they don't come out with any girly TS tees soon. Myabe someone on the creative disboards can disign you one for each of the girls. You just need to do the iron on transfers from there!

I'm so happy Claire sat and enjoyed the entire dbl feature!!! Ashton did well except he kept asking to go to the potty during the second one...maybe we should not have ordered the large drink :laughing:

:wave2:

That's a great idea, Connie!! I never thought about that! Thank you!! :goodvibes

I am still here and I enjoyed your update. I am glad that Claire was able to make it through both movies. I had planned to go see it, but my 7 yr. old son decided that he had already seen those movies and didn't want to see them again.:sad2: I tried to tell him that he had never seen them in 3D but he didn't seem to care. We are leaving for WDW in two weeks, so I decided that if he didn't want to see them I should just save my money for the trip. Since they extended the time we may have to rethink.

I LOVE both Toy Story movies, so I was really looking forward to the double feature, but my girls said they wanted to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs instead :eek: Can't wait for TS3 to come out though - that we WON'T miss.

Love the Mickey shirt from Justice - I just saw that there the other day. We were spending birthday gift cards and I was really surprised neither of my girls picked that. I'll probably go back and get it, though (next time I get a 40% off coupon in the mail, that is!)

Thanks Jackie!! I had wished that we had some cute Toy Story shirts to wear but I've never seen any girly Toy Story shirts. Yes, intermission (along with everything else) was really well done!! The Christmas Carol preview got us really excited about seeing that movie!

I know it -- I wanted a cute one for Chelsea, but there was nothing.

We were most excited about The Princess and the Frog in the previews even though we have watched the trailer here at home a few times already. ;)

I am still here and I enjoyed your update. I am glad that Claire was able to make it through both movies. I had planned to go see it, but my 7 yr. old son decided that he had already seen those movies and didn't want to see them again.:sad2: I tried to tell him that he had never seen them in 3D but he didn't seem to care. We are leaving for WDW in two weeks, so I decided that if he didn't want to see them I should just save my money for the trip. Since they extended the time we may have to rethink.

Yay!! Glad you are still here!! Aww!! You've got to talk him into seeing the movies!! It really is different b/c it is in 3D! :3dglasses

I LOVE both Toy Story movies, so I was really looking forward to the double feature, but my girls said they wanted to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs instead :eek: Can't wait for TS3 to come out though - that we WON'T miss.

Love the Mickey shirt from Justice - I just saw that there the other day. We were spending birthday gift cards and I was really surprised neither of my girls picked that. I'll probably go back and get it, though (next time I get a 40% off coupon in the mail, that is!)

How funny!! We want to see Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, too--but I didn't give the girls a choice when we went yesterday!!

Thank you!! It was actually the first time I shopped in Justice for Ally (I had forgotten that their sizes start at a 6--Ally wears some 6s and 7s now). We were in Birmingham, AL shopping on Monday and I decided to check it out. Glad I did b/c the entire store was 40% off!! I got Ally 2 pairs of jeans, the Mickey shirt, and 2 BAMA shirts!! How do you get coupons in the mail? Is it something you have to sign up for to get on their mailing list? We have a Justice about 10 minutes from our house!

I know it -- I wanted a cute one for Chelsea, but there was nothing.

We were most excited about The Princess and the Frog in the previews even though we have watched the trailer here at home a few times already. ;)

Yes!! My girls cannot WAIT until Dec. 11th when it comes out!! Ally already bought herself a Tiana Barbie at the Disney Store with her birthday $$!!

Still here - you have me hooked. Its great reading your TR but also great reading about what else you are up to!!

Keep it coming xx

I LOVE the shirt that Ally is wearing. I'm sorry to say...but she looks like such a big girl. I'm sure that she will feel like your little girl forever... :) I'm glad you all liked the movies. That sounds like fun! I don't think they are playing it in my area, though. Claire did really well to sit through both of them! I don't think Dylan would sit still that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter