• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is your 24th Anniversary? But you're so young!~A 5/12 TR!*PTR link pg 49, 9/14!*

Now thats a much better room! And what a great view :love: Cape May looks so good. I was bummed to find out it is going to be closed when we go in July :( I was all ready to book too. Oh well...next time.

My hubby is allergic to seafood and the risk of contamination is to great there to risk it. Plus I have more places I want to eat for dinner than I have days as it is!!

Ahh, that makes sense! Well, I hope you get to eat there someday! I know, I have way too many places I want to eat too, and just not enough time! :scared1:

Ohhh, so happy to hear you got to switch to a room you loved! There's nothing worse than when something just plain gets you down on vacation. The room is gorgeous! And then to follow up with a great meal at Cape may. A great day!

I'm happy we switched, I'm sure we still would have had a great trip in that other room, but this new room was so beautiful, I was so happy! :banana: Cape May was awesome, as always, love that place! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you got a new room and it really IS perfect! So much better than the first one. I really believe if you don't like a room you just have to ask to move. So glad the "ruckus" was all the prompting you needed!

Isn't it beautiful? I loved it! I'm glad we asked for a new room, we normally wouldn't do that, but there were just too many little things that I didn't like, and then the noise...there was no way I could have listened to that for 5 days! :laughing:

Too bad you had to pack quickly and deal with that noise, but YAY for the new wonderful room!! :cool1:

Packing and moving so quickly wasn't too bad, since we weren't really settled into the first room yet! I'm so happy we got to move to that room, it was amazing! :cloud9:

awe :) I'm so glad you got to switch rooms and that it was a perfect room!! I agree, it did look goreous, nice balcony and an awesome view :) :)

I'm glad too! I loved having the full balcony, and the view was amazing! So nice having an unexpected water view! :cool1:

I must say, I am scared of butterflies, too! They might not be at the top of my scary bugs list, but I still don't care for them. One flying around far from me is ok, but being swarmed by them in a butterfly house? No thank you! I tried one of those once and hated it! I don't like any bug that can fly and is larger than a fly. I don't care how "pretty" they are! :lmao:

Ugh - there is nothing more annoying than someone making a bunch of noise when you are trying to sleep! I am so glad you were able to get a new room, and that it ended up being just what you wanted! :thumbsup2

Cape May looks so yummy! It has really become a favorite of ours. I love their mashed potatoes, too! They are SO good. We've got an ADR for our October trip, and now I am just more excited to go there! :goodvibes

Haha, I'm so glad other people here understand my fear of butterflies, most people think it's so strange! :laughing: Yeah, I ran through that butterfly house on our Disneymoon and that was enough for me, it's terrifying in there with a million of them fluttering around you! :scared1:

I hate trying to sleep and almost being asleep and then getting woken up by some awful noise, especially in Disney! I don't know how those people that get up and go out to the parks all day do it, by 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I need a break, and I couldn't deal with a noisy room! So happy we got a nicer, much quieter room! :)

Isn't Cape May great? I'm surprised it's not more popular, everything there is so yummy!

I just read your TR "one more waffle" and i discover this one !

Thank you to share your memories !

Sorry for my english i'm french...

Thank you for reading, glad you enjoyed it! And your English seems pretty good to me! :thumbsup2

Now thats a much better room! And what a great view :love: Cape May looks so good. I was bummed to find out it is going to be closed when we go in July :( I was all ready to book too. Oh well...next time.

Isn't it! :) I loved that view, I loved getting up every morning and looking outside at the water, so pretty!

I hope you get to go to Cape May next time, it's so good! I hope they don't change the menu too much with the refurb, it's already so good the way it is! :yay:

I'm very interesting about your TR because i'm going to Yacht Club next year, August 5-16 , garden view youhou
i really enjoy beeing so close to Epcot ! I want to dine at Chefs de France, my country :)

I'm very afraid about heat...

Cape May is so good, I hope it doesn't change too much with the refurbishment! :scared1:

I've only been there once, but I don't recall thinking, "This place could really use some sprucing up"... so I'm not sure what will be done. I guess we'll see this fall!

P.S. The way you feel about butterflies is the way I feel about birds, LOL! They FREAK. ME. OUT. and I can't stand to be near them!

:goodvibes Another great report...and now I am SERIOUSLY considering trying to SQUEEZE in a meal at Cape May Cafe for our NON-Disney trip NEXT WEEK!! :eek: Crazy! I remember how great that food was last June as well and now I'm wondering if we shouldn't try it again this year. There is some availability so I think I'm going to just hold off and if we decided to do it I'll book it the same day...if it's open! ;)

Glad you got such a fast room change...that was awesome! :wizard:

You know, Cape May always sounds so good! I don't eat much fish but the other choices sound so appealing. Greg and I walked past there in April and much to my dismay, the entire area smelled of fish so bad. It definitely turned me off! :sad2:

Cape May is one of our favorites too.

I'd love to stay at the Beach Club after seeing your pictures, maybe next trip. I'm glad you got another room, and for some reason it looks nicer than the first one, maybe because of the balcony :confused3

I'm very interesting about your TR because i'm going to Yacht Club next year, August 5-16 , garden view youhou
i really enjoy beeing so close to Epcot ! I want to dine at Chefs de France, my country :)

I'm very afraid about heat...

You will love the Yacht Club, it's really nice, and being so close to Epcot is awesome! You should definitely eat at Chefs, it's really good, and it's a beautiful restaurant! August will definitely be hot, drink lots of water! :cool1:

I've only been there once, but I don't recall thinking, "This place could really use some sprucing up"... so I'm not sure what will be done. I guess we'll see this fall!

P.S. The way you feel about butterflies is the way I feel about birds, LOL! They FREAK. ME. OUT. and I can't stand to be near them!

Yeah, I'm not really sure what they could do to Cape May to make it better, but as long as they don't change too much of the menu, I don't really care! I'm not really there for what it looks like, I'm there to eat! :laughing:

Haha, I like birds, but I do get freaked out if they fly at me...and those huge birds that they have on perches at pet stores scare me, they can just fly right at you and attack you! :rotfl:

:goodvibes Another great report...and now I am SERIOUSLY considering trying to SQUEEZE in a meal at Cape May Cafe for our NON-Disney trip NEXT WEEK!! :eek: Crazy! I remember how great that food was last June as well and now I'm wondering if we shouldn't try it again this year. There is some availability so I think I'm going to just hold off and if we decided to do it I'll book it the same day...if it's open! ;)

Glad you got such a fast room change...that was awesome! :wizard:

OMG you're going on a non Disney trip next week? Fun! Cape May is so good, I'd go there if I was going to be in the area, even on an non Disney trip! :banana:

I know, it was so nice getting in the new room so quickly! I loved that room! :woohoo:

You know, Cape May always sounds so good! I don't eat much fish but the other choices sound so appealing. Greg and I walked past there in April and much to my dismay, the entire area smelled of fish so bad. It definitely turned me off! :sad2:

Yeah, it does smell like seafood over there, I'm not really a big fan of that either. :confused3 But the non fish items are so good I can ignore it long enough to eat there at least! I almost think it's worse just walking by than actually going in! :laughing:

I'm a little late for the party, but I'm here!

That room is beautiful!

Welcome, you're not late at all! :yay:

Isn't that room amazing? I loved it so much! :love:

Cape May is one of our favorites too.

I'd love to stay at the Beach Club after seeing your pictures, maybe next trip. I'm glad you got another room, and for some reason it looks nicer than the first one, maybe because of the balcony :confused3

Cape May is so great, I love that place!

You should definitely stay at the Beach Club, it's so pretty! I'm glad we changed rooms, the first one was ok, but the 2nd one was perfect! :cool1:

The One With the Perfect Ending!

May 5, Part 4

When we were finished eating at Cape May, we went back up to our room for a little while, and unpacked. Brandon took longer than I did, so while I was waiting for him, I did what any obsessive Disney fan does-I watched Stacey over and over!

P1020026.jpg

I LOVE her! Brandon can't stand Stacey, which I think is crazy, but then again, he thinks us obsessive Disney freaks are, well, freaks! And Stacey is, well, I've heard her referred to as the Queen...luckily, even though Brandon doesn't like her, he lets me watch her for a long time until he starts begging me to change the channel!

(Don't you love the part where she's going to Epcot and she says "Epcot is phenomenal!" I found myself always yelling "IT IS" back at the TV on this trip!)

Brandon finished doing whatever it was that took him so long and we were back in Epcot around 7! We had to go straight to Future World to use our FP's from earlier that day, but I had to stop and get a couple Flower and Garden pics first:

P1020031.jpg

P1020032.jpg

Pooh and Friends! I thought these were SO cute!

We made our way to Future World, and went over to the Land and happily showed our FP's to the Soarin' CM's, and I pretty much ran through the queue, it was pretty empty, which is always nice!

P1020036.jpg

The wait wasn't too bad, maybe 5 or 10 minutes, and before I knew it, we were standing in the first row, getting ready to watch Patrick!

IMG_1194.jpg

I took that picture with my phone, and when I did, Brandon said "don't you take a picture of that every single time we're in line?"

Um, no, actually I don't, I think that might be the first one I've ever taken. I wanted to get the part where he says "and of course, these little beauties" but I didn't want to be standing there, holding up my phone like a dork, waiting for that part! :laughing:

Soarin' was amazing, as always, one of my favorites! I'm so glad we got FP's earlier in the day, now that they are enforcing the return times, I thought getting back there might be tricky, but it worked out!

We left The Land and walked through the middle of Future World, we were planning to just hang out in World Showcase for the rest of the night, but first we stopped to get a Photopass picture:

Photo0008FourBySix.jpg

Ugh. I don't know why Brandon isn't smiling (actually, he's basically scowling at the camera...nice Disney memory there!), and note to self-cut bangs shorter or grow them out. I'm not liking the in between look I have going on right now!

We also had to go to the fountain for a few minutes and admire it during sunset, it's so beautiful at that time of day:

P1020038.jpg

and then take a few more topiary pics:

P1020044.jpg

P1020045.jpg

(The Mickey and Minnie topiaries were really cute, they also had Donald and Daisy, and I think Pluto and Goofy. That area had a farming/gardening theme, so they were playing Disney music, but it was country-fied...just think of classic Disney songs being played by banjo...definitely strange!)

Anyway, after that fun picture break, we turned left and just leisurely walked around the World Showcase. People were already getting spots for Illuminations (it was maybe 8:00 then? Maybe a little later?) and since we had nothing planned, I was hoping to just hang out in Norway and watch Illuminations from there, but Brandon had other ideas. He wanted to get sushi from Japan. I didn't want to leave, look at the view we had:

P1020053.jpg

Doesn't that picture make you want to be in Epcot, waiting for Illuminations to start RIGHT NOW??? AHHHHH!!!

I couldn't believe he was hungry after just eating at Cape May, but I suppose it was a few hours ago, so I reluctantly agreed to walk to Japan.

Awww, look, Lady and the Tramp!

P1020054.jpg

I was kind of annoyed that we had to keep walking, all the way to Japan, but then when I noticed the American pavilion, I perked up a little! What do they have in America?

P1020056.jpg

DISNEY POPCORN!!! popcorn::

YUM! Even though I was not hungry at all, I had to get popcorn, it's not officially a Disney trip until I have some of that fantastic popcorn!

We got to Japan, and the little counter service place was packed, but I saw an empty table in the corner so I grabbed it and sat there while Brandon got his sushi and munched my popcorn. :) Brandon came over and ate his sushi, and we were ready to move on after a few minutes. I still wasn't sure how he was able to eat that after eating at Cape May...I mean, I was having trouble with popcorn, and popcorn is pretty light. I suppose sushi is too, but still. It's basically a second dinner.

We went outside and noticed the beacons were lit and my pre Illuminations music was playing! AHHHH I was home! This exact moment is when I am the happiest at Disney, listening to that music, watching the torches, anticipating Illuminations, there is NOTHING better! (Ok, well, maybe riding the Tower of Terror is better...maybe getting off the plane at MCO and knowing you have your WHOLE trip ahead of you is better...but this moment is definitely at the top of the list of Disney moments! :thumbsup2)

P1020060.jpg

Brandon was messing with is phone, trying to take pictures and I went ahead of him, I found a decent spot kind of between Morocco and France that I wanted to watch Illuminations from. So I just stayed there and got settled and waited for Brandon to come back...and when he did, he didn't look happy...

Turns out, he shouldn't have eaten his second dinner, because he wasn't feeling too good. Illuminations was just about to start and he was just not doing well...he was afraid he was going to be sick, so I told him to just go hang out in the restroom in Morocco for a few minutes. He didn't want to, because he said he wanted to watch Illuminations with me, because he knows how much I like it :love: but he just wasn't feeling right. So he went off to the bathroom, and I watched the majority of Illuminations alone!

It was kind of nice watching it alone, not that I don't enjoy watching it with Brandon, but this time, I really just focused, listened to the music, and kind of just lost myself in it for a few minutes. I didn't take any pictures for a while, I just totally enjoyed that moment of watching that show and hearing that amazing music!

I couldn't not take any pictures, though, so here are a few:

P1020063.jpg

P1020064.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

Brandon made it back and was able to watch the last few minutes with me, which was nice! I enjoyed my alone time, but of course, it's much better watching it with him!

When it was over, all we had to do was walk through the International Gateway to get back to the Beach Club! It was so nice to do that, rather than go all the way to the front of the park and drive back to the resort. I wish we could stay in that area on every trip, but unfortunately, those resorts are really expensive, so maybe we can do every other trip or something!

We walked around the Beach Club for a little while, and went to the little store because I was kind of hungry at that point and wanted a little snack, but they didn't have anything I was interested in, so I suggested going to Downtown Disney...for some Earl of Sandwich! Brandon didn't really want to, but he agreed anyway, so we went out to our car and drove over to DTD!

It was pretty late by then, but Earl of Sandwich was still kind of busy. It didn't take that long, though, so we got our sandwiches and drove back to our room to eat them. I was feeling crazy, so instead of my usual Tuna Melt, I got the Earl's Club, which was awesome, and Brandon stuck with tradition and got the Tuna Melt. I didn't take any pictures of our DTD excursion or our sandwiches, but I'm sure you guys can picture it all in your imaginations, right? :figment:

Once we finished eating, we watched a little TV, talked about what we were doing the next day, and went to bed! We were exhausted, it was long, HOT day, and it was perfect, with a perfect ending! I could not wait to see what the rest of this trip would bring!

Up next...DHS!

YAY STACEY! I love your Vera Bradley!

:lmao: I LOVE that part of the pre-show! The guy looks so happy to be wearing his Mickey ears and Patrick's just like... dude, let it go. And the guy's like, yeah... okay. :( I laugh every time!

I always get super stuffed when I eat sushi, so I don't know how Brandon did it! Wow! Hahah. Oh. But then he felt sick. :sad2: I get it Brandon, I get it.

I just really wish I was watching IllumiNations right now. Why are we not there though? Lame.

It sounds like yall had a great first day!!!!

Sounds like a great ending to your day (minus Brandon's illness). Love how beautiful Epcot is at night and the F&G stuff looks cool. I wish I was watching Illuminations right now. And then getting some Earl of Sandwich. Great way to end the night.

ahahahaha LOVE Stacey!!!!!

Sounds like your ending to your first day was perfect ( apart from Brandon feeling sick there for a few)

I bet it was nice to watch Illiminations by yourself and just get totally wrapped up in the music and all :D

Can't wait to see how day two and DHS went!!!!!

Yay for a great first day at Disney!!! I'm sorry that Brandon started feeling sick after his second dinner, but it sounds like he was feeling better soon enough! You got some beautiful Illuminations shots! :goodvibes

Oh my god, that evening in Epcot is what I imagine heaven will be like. Your pictures are amazing! I especially love the one of the fountain and the first one from Illuminations. The way you described how you feel when the torches are lit and the pre music is playing, I can totally relate. I feel the exact same way. There's nothing better than being in that exact moment. I almost want to cry thinking about it!

AWESOME evening at EPCOT update! :) I love Illuminations as well, but seem to be one of the few in my family that share that love. We watched it on our March trip one time though, but I don't know if we'll see it for our next trip in November.

And YES we are doing a non-Disney trip NEXT WEEK! Since we are doing the Disney cruise and the parks in November, we decided to do a non-Disney trip next week. The original plan was to try to do Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios, but it changed to doing other parks instead so now it's Legoland, Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld! We may eat at some Disney restaurants and play some Disney minigolf though! ;)

Thankyou for posting your trip reports. I just started reading them yesterday. What caught my eye, was the 24th anniversary in your title. My husband and I are celebrating our 23rd at Disney this year. Once I started reading though I was hooked. You are a good writer and I am looking forward to reading more!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter