This Is Why People Shouldn't Be Allowed to Bring Guns in Their Car to Work

I'm sure you'll get a lot of people to agree with you, but please be aware that the law in Florida is that people can bring guns in their car to work. The gun must be securely locked when left in the car.

The gun must be securely locked when left in the car.

"Securely Locked"... I'm so glad that cars are never broken into in Florida parking lots. It seem to happen fairly often over here in the UK.

Just an observation.

Andre

I just don't understand WHY they passed this law....what is the PURPOSE of being able to "bring your gun to work but keep it in the car?"

I just don't get it!

I just don't understand WHY they passed this law....what is the PURPOSE of being able to "bring your gun to work but keep it in the car?"

I just don't get it!

"Why" doesn't matter. It is the law in FL.

I can speculate that some people carry a gun with them most of the time and rather than having to go home first before then going to work (or back home first at the end of their shift), they would like to simply keep them in a secure location that is convenient.

I understand its the law. And I also understand there are plenty of responsible people who own guns who would not go 'postal' on a group of people. But what about those people that aren't stable and would use their gun if they had a bad commute in to work? I'm just sayin...

I understand its the law. And I also understand there are plenty of responsible people who own guns who would not go 'postal' on a group of people. But what about those people that aren't stable and would use their gun if they had a bad commute in to work? I'm just sayin...

EXACTLY!!! I just think for those that are unstable its too conveniently close by... NOT that they might not have anything in the car whether it was legal or not.
BTW...I am not a anti-gun person...I feel people have a right to protect themselves.

What about people who aren't stable and would use a knife from the break room/kitchen? What about the people who aren't stable and would use a utility knife from the mail room? What about the people that aren't stable and would use their car as a weapon during the commute?

The law just doesn't seem that unusual to me. I grew up in a town where students would bring guns to school (and leave them in their cars) because they were going hunting when school got out.

I'm willing to bet that the new law in Florida really just legalizes action that has been going on for years. I can't imagine that (unless you want to be a test case) you're going to start bringing a gun with you just because the law changed.

"Why" doesn't matter. It is the law in FL.

I can speculate that some people carry a gun with them most of the time and rather than having to go home first before then going to work (or back home first at the end of their shift), they would like to simply keep them in a secure location that is convenient.

Sure it matters. There must have been a reason to create this law. The other poster is interested in what that reason was. I'm curious also.

These people would lose it with or without a gun. If they had a bat in the car, they would use it just the same.

I am very Pro-Gun rights.

With that being said, I don't think Disney employees need to be carrying guns to work even locked in their car.

Where I work, if you bring a gun to work (in your vehicle or wherever) you are terminated immediately.

Call it an infringement of rights or whatever, but I had a choice not to go to work there. I chose to stay employed and follow the rules.

As far as carrying a gun in my vehicle when I take a trip somewhere, absolutely.

JMHO.

There sure are a lot of gun threads lately. This subject is always a big divider with strong arguments on both sides. Both sides have merit. A persons position on this issue is formed by there upbringing and there experiences with guns, which are of course all different to a certain degree. Reasonable gun laws make sense to reasonable people. A back ground check and firearms training is a reasonable requirement when applying for a handgun permit for example. Outlawing owning a gun, even in your own home, such as in Washington D.C. is not a reasonable law. Not to mention it did nothing to slow down gun crimes in D.C. . I'm a gun owner that thinks Disney should be allowed to control what happens on it's own private property. If they're the ones who will be sued for big dollars when someone is hurt with a gun on their property, they should have the right to make it a condition of employment that you not bring your gun on WDW property. If someone is hurt with your gun on Disney property, you the gun owner, not Disney should be held liable. It seems as if Disney is being forced to accept a huge liability risk by Florida passing this law. All that being said, the law is on the books and people have to accept it and obey it, or try and change it through proper channels. I hope this one goes in Disney's favor.:thumbsup2

There sure are a lot of gun threads lately. This subject is always a big divider with strong arguments on both sides. Both sides have merit. A persons position on this issue is formed by there upbringing and there experiences with guns, which are of course all different to a certain degree. Reasonable gun laws make sense to reasonable people. A back ground check and firearms training is a reasonable requirement when applying for a handgun permit. Outlawing owning a gun, even in your own home, such as in Washington D.C. is not a reasonable law. Not to mention it did nothing to slow down gun crimes in D.C. . I'm a gun owner that thinks Disney should be allowed to control what happens on it's own private property. If they're the ones who will be sued for big dollars when someone is hurt with a gun on there property, they should have the right to make it a condition of employment that you not bring your gun on WDW property. If someone is hurt with your gun on Disney property, you the gun owner, not Disney should be held liable. It seems as if Disney is being forced to accept a huge liability risk by Florida passing this law. All that being said, the law is on the books and people have to accept it and obey it. I hope this one goes in Disney's favor.:thumbsup2

Well Said Dude

Hold on while I go cut and paste from the other 19 threads about this same thing.....

BTW, good post Launch!!

Anyone ever heard that Pickard and Bowens song, Guns made America great.

Pretty Funny. Do a search on you tube for it.

Of course it will offend a bunch of folks but what the heck.

I just don't get it!

First, it does matter WHY. They made a law, but did someone just think this up out of the clear blue sky? There must have been some basis/reason to write it up to begin with. It just seems an odd thing to make into a LAW.

Originally Posted by Launchpad11B
There sure are a lot of gun threads lately. This subject is always a big divider with strong arguments on both sides. Both sides have merit. A persons position on this issue is formed by there upbringing and there experiences with guns, which are of course all different to a certain degree. Reasonable gun laws make sense to reasonable people. A back ground check and firearms training is a reasonable requirement when applying for a handgun permit. Outlawing owning a gun, even in your own home, such as in Washington D.C. is not a reasonable law. Not to mention it did nothing to slow down gun crimes in D.C. . I'm a gun owner that thinks Disney should be allowed to control what happens on it's own private property. If they're the ones who will be sued for big dollars when someone is hurt with a gun on there property, they should have the right to make it a condition of employment that you not bring your gun on WDW property. If someone is hurt with your gun on Disney property, you the gun owner, not Disney should be held liable. It seems as if Disney is being forced to accept a huge liability risk by Florida passing this law. All that being said, the law is on the books and people have to accept it and obey it. I hope this one goes in Disney's favor.

EXACTLY. This is what I have been saying. I don't care if it's a gun or a a pair of rollerskates, if your employer says you can't have it on their privately owned property that should be the end of it. It is their responsibility and their liability if something happens...since Disney would have to pay for the lawsuit, Disney should get to make the rules. Period.

Reasonable gun laws make sense to reasonable people.

You can spin that in favor of ANY law. I happen to be against guns, however I respect the fact that people have the right to own a gun on their own property. I also happen to be a reasonable person.

Hold on while I go cut and paste from the other 19 threads about this same thing.....

I guess Pete should make a law that only one person can post about one topic at a time. OH NO I posted about something that had been previously posted before...please.

I feel people have a right to protect themselves.

What, from other people who have got guns in their cars you mean?

Sadly, it's one of those Catch-22 vicious circles - basically the reason you might need to carry a gun is because other people are allowed to carry guns.

Again, just offering a UK perspective to this debate. I do know all about the US Second Amendment rights, but I don't have to agree that it's right in a modern world.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter