This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Joe Cool.

Thanks for all of your great info.

Would you know if they serve Krispe Kreme donuts in the morning in the Concierge lounge?

AND,

Do they allow you free access to the Ship Shape Health Club?

Just wondering and thanks again for any info you or anyone else may have as I have never stayed there before.

Wendell :cool:

Any updates on the BC construction and areas I should stay away from. Will I be away from it if I requested an Epcot view away from construction (standard room)?

Hey,

<b>YodasMom,</b> if you request Garden View you'll be fine. All the Standard and Water View rooms in the section that used to be called Garden View are away from the construction.

<b>wendell</b>, Ship Shape isn't free, but I think it's included with Concierge rooms.

I'm not a donut fan. *heh* I didn't notice Krispe Kremes when I stayed at Concierge, but you could always call and ask. Or be surprised. :D

<b>disneyberry</b>, no. There are "King" rooms, and there are "King Sico" rooms. King rooms have a REAL bed in them. King Sico rooms are always larger and laid out as I described. I don't think there are any on the Concierge floors though. The layouts of the Concierge rooms are the same as the regular rooms, except the DECOR is a little different (still nice, just a little classier).

JC

Hey,

A "full dormer" balcony is a balcony that is tucked under the eaves of the top floor roof. At the Beach Club, all rooms that are marked "dormer" balcony have this kind of balcony.

JC

Does anyone know if they have done anything with the space that used to house Ariel's Restaurant at the Y&BC. the last time I was there it was empty, do they have any plans for this space?

Just wondering and thanks!

Wendell

Ariel's is still Ariel's, but it's not used as a restaurant anymore. They use it for VIP functions and convention stuff, last I saw in January.

JC

P.S....why not 5 stars? C'mon, I take suggestions!!!

OK JC, last question (for now...).

Can you tell us all of the room numbers you stayed in at the Y&BC Concierge level and which one you liked best?

Thanks and after this, take a break you deserve it!

Wendell :)

Hey,

Last March, we stayed in room 5179, on the Concierge level, which is right smack dab in the center of the building, right over the lobby doors (on the 5th floor). This room was fantastic! We were a party of 5 that trip; the room has 2 queen beds and a daybed. We could see most of the Epcot fireworks, the wing to our left was blocking the rest of it. We couldn't really see the right side of the Boardwalk Villas or much of the Swan/Dolphin/MGM area from the room...but I sort of fixed that situation (heh) the next trip in January 2000 when we had room 4163 (4th floor). This room was really great...it was about a foot and a half wider than 5179, and didn't have a daybed. This room did, however, have 2 big corner windows that let a whole lot more light in the room from the wedding gazebo courtyard. The view was incredible...180 degrees, from World Showcase all the way to the Swan. Wow.

Thanks for your support and interest...yea, I need a break, I'll get one next week after my students' show on friday, and i'll be on vacation from June 14th until at least mid-July. I'm going to hand over bumping of this thread to you during that time (i may not have computer access). Stay cool! And watch me on Teen Disney survivor!

JC

bump.....

Also......anybody know the answer to the minibar question at the yc? do all rooms have one?

WE just returned from a trip to WDW last week. We stayed offsite, but in the evenings we would go to Beaches and Cream and have a malt. One evening we rented bikes and rode around the Boardwalk. Both nights we sat on the beach and watched the Epcot fireworks. After my girls saw that incredible pool, they both wanted to stay at Beaches next trip. Can you get a better rate if you go through Dreams Unlimited? Our offsite hotel was of course much easier on the pocketbook.

I can't Thank You enough!!! This was our 6th trip to Disney and the best one ever! Originally we had 2 rooms at the All Star Sports, changed to 1 room at Port Orleans riverside and then after reading your post went with 1 room at the Yacht Club. Always before I said we don't need to spend the extra money on a room we will never be there, it is a waste of money. Not true at all!!! The Yacht Club makes your trip so much more relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable! The rooms are so much bigger, exceptionally decorated and have larger beds. The land scaping and entire layout are just beautiful! The pool is the most amazing thing I have ever seen and our kids loved it!

I follwed you advice to the letter. I faxed a request 4 days before we left, called the day before and reminded them at check in. We were upgraded from a garden view to a water view, given a full balcony and had the best view I think they have!

The staff was wonderful. We ate at Beaches and Cream
and the atmosphere was so enjoyable, the food was good and the price wasn't bad. We walked to Epcot every day (nice walk, not long at all). Biked on the 4 seaters from the Boardwalk. Swam in the quiet pool. ate breakfast at the bakery on th Boardwalk (very good). Had Italian Ice on the Boardwalk. Best of all we could see the fireworks from epcot every night right on our balcony (it was breathtaking).

Thanks Again Joe!

:p :p :p

Yeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaa! You might be a redneck if...

LOL...um if a G string is part of a violin? Oh, wait, I play the violin...but I also play the guitar, and that has a G string too...oh, nevermind...

See, this is what you get from JC at 1:30 in the morning. :rolleyes:

Anywayz...the bumps begin! I'm here for 3 more days.

Stay cool,

JC

Hi everyone!

Other than the great photos put up by JC and Mikamouse, does anyone else have any great shots of the Y&B exterior?

I've only stayed at the Y&B a few times and I'm interested if anyone else has taken the time to photgraph the outside of the hotel. It's a great looking property!

Just wondering and thanks in advance for any info you might have,

Wendell:cool:

I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I haven't found it (I'll just ask instead of continuing to look) Are there coffee makers in the rooms at the BC?? Do I need to request one at check in? Also, what about hairdryers? Just trying to tie up the loose ends for my Aug. trip.
:p :p :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter