This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the One Bedroom Suites like? I saw on Our Laughing Place that they sleep 4, with One King and Two Daybeds. The price didn't seem too bad, either (compared to all the other suites at Disney). These include concierge service, correct? Are these just 2 Bedroom Suites without the second bedroom? Are there any on the concierge level, and, if so, is there an extra charge on those suites? Thanks Joe!

Edited to add that I'm asking about 1BR's at the BC!

We are staying at the BC, waterview room, from 7/1 - 7/6. We have been wondering if we should bump up to the Concierge Level, and what the benifits of the Conceriege Level were???

I'm sure the description of the Concierge Level at the the BC are in this awsome list, but there are a lot of posts!!!

Thanks for your help!

Hi!
Is it true that if you are staying concierge at the YC that you have free access to the health club??

thanks!
Laura :)

The BC concierge is wonderful. Do it you will not regret it. We were given free access to the health club which saved $45 for our stay. I imagine the same is true with the YC. The little extras saved us so much, we did not bother with any of our PS. Since we were going on the cruise, we knew we' d been in for great food. Just call them directly and say you want to upgrade. We only paid $100/night additional. It made our vacation. They had our room ready at 10:45AM!

That coconut creme cake I had with iced tea on Saturday afternoon after a long hot afternnon at Epcot was wonderful, as were the appetizers and wine we enjoyed each evening.

Yo,

I'll quote the <b>Suites</b> section of the FAQ in this very thread...

"The one-bedroom suites in the Beach Club are positioned on Water View corners, and have a large Garden View parlor with a daybed sofa, chairs, and a wet bar behind folding doors. The waterfront master bedroom has a King bed, a table and chairs, and a corner TV armoire. There is a double vanity, closet and bathroom area between the living room and the bedroom. These one-bedroom self-contained suites can be combined with a standard room to form a two-bedroom suite. Room numbers are;

<b>
1509/11 – outdoor patio
1637/39 – outdoor patio
2509/11 – standing-room balcony
2637/39 – full balcony
3509/11 – full balcony
3637/39 – standing-room balcony
4637/39 – standing-room balcony</b>"

I've never stayed in a suite over at the Beach Club, but all the suites in the hotel include Concierge Service. I think. :) And yea, they are two-bedroom suites without the other regular guest room attached.

BTW, thanks <b>wookie</b> for answering that question. Ciao, and thanks for bumping our rating to 4 stars! I think we can get a 5th. I'm open to suggestions on things to do like improvements, etc!

JC

We are currently staying at the Beach Club in September. We got a real good deal on our room rate, however, we have never stayed at the Concierge level before. What are some of the benefits of Concierge that justify the additional expense?

Thanks for all the great info!!!

We leave on Friday and I was wondering about upgrading to the concierge level. What is included in the additional cost, is it per night or per person? Can you upgrade if you already have a reservation?

Thanks again for all of the great advice and info!:p

This is what I was advised. Call the Beach Club directly five days before you are scheduled to arrive. That is when all the ressies switch from CRO/DCL and any other booking source to the resort's main system. Tell them you want to upgrade and want a regular room on the 5th floor but with concierge priviledges. I'd also tell them that you have been told it is $100 additional per night. The additional charge will be added and should be paid upon arrival. The "extras" include enough food so we were able to cancel all our PS and just supplement with a split meal while watching the fireworks. We also had complete access to the health club for the duration of our stay. The concierge will also take care of any "special requests." I heard them managing to get a PS for Cindy's table for a group of 8 at 8AM on a Monday morning. They'll go out of their way to help. We also were able to get into our room right away (10:45 AM) and the bell captain took us right to our room. After our experiece there, I would never go to Disney any other way. Also call the night before you arrive to ask that your room is ready upon arrival. Believe on this one. You will be pampered and will never want to travel any other way. Enjoy and God bless.

What a great source of information this thread is! I don't think this question was asked before and if it was, I apologize. We are staying in Concierge. Do we fax our room requests to the Concierge desk or to the room controller? Thank you!

Hey!

I'll go ahead and quote myself again.

"...Should you want to request a specific view, bed arrangement, smoking preference, or anything else, you want to contact the <b>Room Assignment Department</b> up to <b>five days prior</b> to your arrival. You should make your requests when you initially make reservations too, but closer to your arrival, a polite faxed letter addressed to "Room Assignment" or the "Room Controller" usually works. In your letter, briefly tell them your request, and it also helps to add a personal note. Room Controllers are the real bearers of the Magic, since they're responsible for assigning all guest rooms..."

I think I should have made it more clear that for <b>ALL</b> room requests, even concierge, go through the room assignment dept. Just let them know you're staying in concierge!

Did I make the info section too confusing? Let me know. Thanks again, and I appreciate any suggestions you might have on how to further improve this thread.

Hasta luego,

JC

We have booked a standard view room for our first visit to the Yacht Club. Wondered if any of you who have stayed there might have ideas about what room requests we should make. We have noticed on this board how so many of you have faxed requests to the room controller and received your request. We have not tried this before and wondered what requests would be good and also have a chance of being granted. We will be celebrating my DH's graduation from Law School and my DD's birthday. We will have a party of 5 (mother-in-law, self and DH, and 2 kids - age 4 and 12). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

I apologize that you had to repeat the information. I honestly did read through all the posts but missed it. Thank you for reposting it.

And, no- your post was not confusing. It was just me. I think this thread certainly deserves a 5 star rating. Great job!

Room request at YC
We have a ressie for a water view.
I will be faxing a request for...
- Non-smoking
- Great Lake View with a Full Balcony
- View of Illuminations from the Balcony

Does this sound right?
Do I need to include a floor?
Will we be able to see Illuminations from the YC?
Do I need to ask for a daybed or are they in all the rooms?
Anything else I need to include???? ---Thanks

:rolleyes:

Hey!

Everything's right, except you <i>don't</i> need to request a full balcony. That is, if you <b>don't</b> want the first floor. They could put you on the lobby level, which isn't a problem for most folks. If you want an upper floor, just add it to the request. All the rooms in the Yacht Club have a full balcony except the master bedroom of the Admiral Suite, and the living room of the Commodore Suite.

If your party has 5 people, than you will automatically get a daybed. If you have 4, and you want the daybed, you'll have to request it.

They will say "now we can't guarantee a view of illuminations"...but i like the way you worded the request. Just in case, i would call the Room Assgt. Dept. the day before you check in, to maybe see where they may have put you.

Thanks, and don't forget to bump this post from time to time.

JC

i was quoted a rate for a special standard room which i believe the CM called a Seagull room (although i saw a website which had pics of the room, but it was spelled Sico room).

is there more info about this type of room?
are there many of them available? where in the resort are they located?

I followed your exact instructions on faxing a request 4 days before we left. I am not sure if it owrked but I do know they got it. Along with the room request I asked to see if they could get a reservation at one of the restuarants we couldn't get. They called me a few minutes later with the reservation. We leave in a day and I will let you know if it owrked or not!!!

Originally posted by CaptJack
What a great FAQ!!

Im just about convinced into booking the YC and Ive got a couple questions. I hope I didnt overlook the answers if they have already been posted.

I looked over all of the maps and Im wondering where the entrances/exits are. Of course theres the front and back at the lobby, Im wondering if there are any others, for example leading out to the quiet pool near that elevator or on the Storm Along Bay end.

I was also wondering about the mini-bars. Ive read conflicting reports about them. Are there mini-bars in the non-concierge rooms?

What times does Hurrican Hannah's generally close? Is it seasonal? We'll be there in early Dec.

Thats all I can think of for now...but Im sure Ill think of others
:D

Thanks very much

I just wanted to ask these questions again.
Joe, I didnt see any hours for Hurricane Hannah's on the FAQ

Thanks again everyone for your help :)

Hey,

<b>CaptJack</b>, Hurricane Hanna's hours depend on Stormalong Bay pool hours. It's open from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. right now, but the hours will change during the value season.

<b>Disneypal</b>, good luck!!!!

<b>Disneyberry</b>, check the floor plans (links are on the first page of this thread in the FAQ section) for exact locations of the King Sico rooms.

These rooms are exactly the same size as standard rooms, but are divided into 2 areas: a living area with a sleeper sofa and table & chairs, and a bedroom area with a King-size wall pull-down bed, TV cabinet, and a wet bar. The bathroom is one room, there is no vanity dressing area like in the regular guest rooms. Closet space is about the same.

<b>tigger3</b>, Most of the regular guest rooms have 'full' dormer balconies, but the suites and a coupla the rooms and Junior Suites connected to them have full-width standing room balconies.

That's it for now...keep watching, bumping and asking questions. Ciao,

JC

okay, just want to make sure i got this right:

so basically the Sico rooms are King rooms?
i'm still uncertain if i'm getting this...

are all King rooms Sico rooms?

also, is the size/layout/decor of concierge rooms the same as non-concierge rooms? (not counting the deluxe and suite rooms of course)

thanks again for this great thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter