This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this topic. We always stay at PO-R when we go to WDW but thanks to getting one of those wonderfully fantatic post cards in the mail we can go to BC and stay at a deluxe resort for the very first time!! I am so excited. This is going to be an extra trip for us. This information is wonderful. I am so glad I managed to stumble on to this site! Thank you, thank you, thank you. :bounce:

Joe, you're the expert when it comes to BC & YC!

So how has the construction of the new BC Villas impacted the guest experience at the Beach Club? For my dates in September, I can get an AP rate at BC, but not at the YC.

Is noise a problem? What about the views for standard rooms? It looks like many of them will become "Construction View".

Hey guys,

Thanks again for bumps, kudos, etc. OK...

Construction happens during the day, during times when most people are in the parks. They take lunch breaks and quit around dinner time. When I was there, I walked around the Beach Club (on my way to Epcot) and tried to hear how loud the noise was.

Lemme put it this way. It's not loud, however I wouldn't take a nap in my room in the afternoon with that going on either, but I'm a light sleeper. :) If you like to have a really nice view (like 90% of the other rooms...), request a <b>non-construction view</b>. Otherwise, if you don't spend that much time in your room or out on the balcony anyway, it doesn't matter.

Oh, and here's another thing. Most of the rooms on the construction side have no <i>real</i> balcony anyway, so it's...really not much of an issue.

<b>Mike</b>, read the room requesting section I posted on the first page. If you want <i>my</i> personal preference...go Water View. If you don't want to spend the extra deneros, find a sweet discount, or just follow the guidelines I've got on the first page if you've got Standard View already booked.

Stay cool,

JC
est. 1983

I can't say how much I have enjoyed this info. It was great before, but is AWESOME now. I have a few questions. We are staying at the YC in July this year and I was wondering, is there really a GOOD blow dryer supplied in the room? It would be nice not to have to pack one. Also, are the beach towels by the pool or do you take the little bitty room towels? Beach towels would be one more thing that I would love not to pack. And, is the shampoo decent enough to use for 8 days and is the housekeeping staff really good about restocking it? Another packing item I would love to cross off my list. Anything else any one can think of that Disney is glad to supply that I have forgotten? Thanks in advance and Joe--keep up the great work!! Thank you.:cool:

I just changed my reservations for the convention to Y&B club I am glad all this info is here. I am not sure if I can wait until November. We stayed at the GF in 1999 and the Y&B look like they could give the GF a run for the money.

Hey Joe....

Going in November...I want to book the fishing cruise know of anyone that has done it??? It will be my DH and 2 older brothers....

I know that it has been asked before but can u see Illuminations from Y&BC don't want to go on first night and waste a day....

Anyone ever dot the Pontoon Illuminations cruise???

Sorry so many questions..u might get tired of seeing my name...

We leave on May 25 for 3 nights. Our reservations are for the Yacht Club and we have seen limited info on it until now. The Birnbaum book hardly mentions it and give a small picture. You answered all of my questions and more! Now I have some new ones.
You don't by any chance have sites for the pools do you?
Is there anywhere on the Beach Club/ Yacht Club area that you can watch Epcot's Illuminations?
Is there construction at Yacht Club or just Beach Club?
When requesting a second floor garden view on the lake side am I looking at rooms 2148-2154, 2143-2147, 2012-2030 or 2092-2112?
The Refillable mugs at Yacht Club, are they free refills after you buy the mug?
Thanks again for all of the info!
We are really looking forward to it!

Hoolaz,

OK...

<b>Disneypal,</b> check the link section for pool pictures. Otherwise, do a web search. You can see IllumiNations best from the <b>beach</b> in front of the Yacht & Beach Clubs, and most definitely from the <b>water taxi dock</b> in front of the Yacht Club. The construction is next to the car entrance of the Beach Club....and oh yea, the second floor thing applies to the Beach Club ONLY. At the Yacht Club, ALL the rooms have balconies (except for like a coupla the suites, but that is listed up there)...the third floor is the best because it's a non-smoking floor, so you're looking at 3143-3147.

The refillable mug refills are NOT free like at the moderate resorts. I...did...explain it in the refillable mug section. You just get a whole lot more liquid in your cup for the same price as everyone else pays.

<b>ellie&mattys mom</b>, you can see IllumiNations clear as day (er...night) from the Yacht Club.

<b>LisaMC</b>, I'm...not really a connoisseur of blow dryers, but they have them in the rooms, attached to the walls in the vanity area. There ARE towels by the pool. And even though the Mickey shampoo's cute, it's not great. Bring your own. :) *heh*...

OK, that's it for now. Thanks again!

JC

Thank you for this very informative forum, my family has enjoyed reading about the Yacht Club here. I have one question for you: we are a family of five and any extra square feet we can get in the room would be great. I know youv'e mentioned the BC has some std. rooms that are larger than others, but I was wondering about the Yacht Club. Do they have any oversized rooms? We have a garden view concierge room booked so we are on the fifth floor. Any info you can give would be appreciated.

Hello! Does anyone have any information about the spa/massage service at yc? Thanks, Laur4mom

Hoolaz,

Sorry, on the concierge level, there aren't any rooms with extra square footage. On the regular guest room floors, there are rooms that are larger than the normal 380 square feet. Check the floor plans (there are links in the main section) for exact information.

There's a massage service, but it's by appointment and isn't available all the time. They give you all the information you need when you check in, it's in the resort "newspaper" guest services guide.

JC

I am sending in my request in a week for the non-smoking 3rd floor room. I can't tell you how much we appreciate all of the info you have given us. One last question, we have reservations for Cape May Cafe Clam Bake. Is it worth the money? Is there any other suggestions as far as food goes on or around Beach Club/Yacht Club?

Thanks Again:p

Hi Joe.
I'm staying at the Yacht Club for the first time in a few weeks. Does the standard room come with a coffee maker or can one be requested at check-in?

I posted a thread about the mugs at yc and someone answered me telling me that they went in Jan. and the refills were free. Did something change since then? It seems you would have to drink an awful lot for the mugs to be economical if you have to pay upfront and then pay for each refill.

Umm...actually now I'm not sure!!!! I got the information from the DIS, but when we went in January I'm pretty certain that the refills were NOT free. Now I have to check. I have AP exams this week so I will check later. Ciao!

JC

I stayed at the Beach Club in December, and had my refillable mugs refilled many, many times for free at Beaches and Cream and Hurricane Hanna's. You are right that they would not be much of a deal if you had to pay for refills, as the mugs don't hold nearly as much as you think they would.

Erika

Thanks for answering the mug question. Seem there has been lots of confusion over this. Great to know refills are free for my Aug. trip. Thanks again!

I just updated the refillable mugs section. Frankly. when we were there in January, we didn't use the mugs at all.

JC

One last question, we have reservations for Cape May Cafe Clam Bake. Is it worth the money? Is there any other suggestions as far as food goes on or around Beach Club/Yacht Club?

I just called about the mugs and they are free refills!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter