This is the last trip the 4 of us ever take to WDW. Nov 2-12 *FinalUpdate 3/19* Pg.59

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by that's nice, Nov 29, 2012.

1. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

It was getting later in the afternoon and we had already kris-crossed the park 100 times. What else could we fit in before we were done? How about a little hula hooping?

[​IMG]

That is always a fun Disney past time.

We walked toward the hat and saw the Great Movie Ride had a wait of 5 minutes. My mom is a movie buff especially when it comes to old classic flicks. We rode that then walked over to animation courtyard to see the wait for VOTLM. For some reason it was really long so we skipped it but we did see some special people we could meet. How about Jake & Handy Manny?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were trying to get as much done in the Studios as we could. My mom had never seen One Man's Dream. I know she would love that...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After skipping this for so many years, I think we've stopped in to check it out the last 3 or 4 trips. It is really neat to see how things were and how they are today. I'm sure it means more to someone who saw Disney back in the day though. (We only started going in 2008) My mom really enjoyed seeing this.

[​IMG]

The sun was starting to set and we were starting to get hungry... although, I felt like we just ate. We started to head out of DHS...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like Christopher was happy to be leaving...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since we drove to DHS, the plan was to drive over to the Beach Club and try out Beaches & Cream. We had never been to the Beach Club before so we walked around and did a little exploring. Christopher showing gramma his Lightning McQueen sneakers.

[​IMG]

Looking towards the Boardwalk...

[​IMG]

When we arrived at Beaches and Cream there was an hour and a half wait. It was already 6:15, I couldn't wait till 8 for the kids to eat. We ended up going into the Beach Club Marketplace and ordering up a few different flatbreads. We sat at a little table in the hallway enjoying our meal. I was disappointed because I really wanted to eat at B&C but it was fine eating the flatbread, which turned out to be pretty good.

We finished eating and went back to CSR. Our first park day was in the books and we all were tired.

Up next... Another day, another park

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

happy you got to fit in so much at DHS! looks like everyone had a great day!
    bummer you didn't get to eat at B & C, but the resort sure is pretty isn't it!

4. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I know I always think of hula hooping when I think of Disney World.. :rolleyes1
    Always fun to see Jake! I can't really comment on Handy Manny though... maybe Juliana had some interest in him since she's a few years older than DS. :confused3

It is something that I really, really want to see, but DW hates looking at things like that. I think she'd rather watch paint dry. One of these days I need to just get away and go investigate it.

:scared1:

Maybe that's part of the reason why I've never managed to eat there yet...

5. My sister's princess

My sister's princess <font color=green>These boards have grimmer police

Yay for a new update!!! Stupid question.... where was the hamburger lol

6. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

one and a half hours. Holy cow. I have seen 30-45 minutes and usually gotten in faster, but that is REALLY a long wait. You do have to get there and try it some day. At least for dessert. I crave it! :love:

7. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

BC is very, very nice. I'd love to stay there some day. The pool there is awesome!

**I'm trying to find my Disney hula hooping pics but I can't find them right now.. LOLOL**

They still play Handy Manny on the Disney Junior channel but Juliana used to watch it all the time when she was younger.

You need to sneak away and see it. It doesn't take long. :thumbsup2

I was really mad... I wanted to eat there!!!!!!

Well, I did put a question mark in there... :lmao::lmao:

I was hoping to eat a cheeseburger at Beaches and Cream but I never got one. :sad2:

8. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Andy... found them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

I paid $80 so you could come in here and hula hoop?!

Wow, it was crowded that day. I'm surprised you waited it out. :rolleyes1

I need to get in there someday, too.

That stinks. It's tough with the seating area being so small, but it's a nice spot to eat.

You got some nice evening shots at DHS. :thumbsup2

10. My sister's princess

My sister's princess <font color=green>These boards have grimmer police

That is sad! I love cheeseburgers. In fact, I plan to get that all American burger at Sci Fy, and I can't wait!!! I should go update again, I have the day off!

11. hobbs6799

hobbs6799 Earning My Ears

I am new to the DIS boards, so I am just catching up on your story. Your family is beautiful.

When I was 6 and my DS was 3 we went to Disney World. It had only been open 2 years. In all the slides my parents took, it looks as if they only took me, because my DS was TERRIFIED of the characters and would scream whenever they came close.

12. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

OMG lookie how tiny Ana looks in those pics so cute

Love the update btw. You fit loads into the DHS day

13. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

Hi Tim! It was nice running into you too!

Your little guy is learning how to ham it up I see, such a cutie like his sister.

I wish we would have gotten into Beaches and Cream too, but it just didn't happen for us. For double sure next time!

14. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cheesy smile face...I just want to pinch his adorable cheeks.

15. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I'm behind as you know because I was sick last week...I'm slowly catching up after finally doing an update on my TR. I comment on the update previous to this and am now ready for this one.

Two great updates and sorry again for being behind.

16. Deesknee

Deesknee <font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)

:rotfl2: I hadn't heard/read this! That would explain A LOT! Including the departure of Terry Franconia from the franchise!:rotfl2: I was just busting your chops.
    I am very much enjoying your pictures! beautiful! Your TR is great! Look forward to reading more!

17. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Not to ruin that 'other' report I have going on but there was another 60 minute wait there a few weeks ago. :rolleyes1

$80? Where do you score discounted tickets like that?

:rotfl::rotfl:

I hear that TGMR has 2 scenes.. is that true? I've only seen the gangster scene. :confused3

Here's the plan. Next time get to DHS 45 minutes before the park opens. Once they let you through the turnstiles, beat the crowd to One Man's Dream. :rolleyes2

So I hear... :headache:

Thanks!

Let me be the first to tell you, STICK WITH THE CHEESEBURGER!!!! No one told me that and I am mad at each and every one of my readers for not telling me! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:welcome: to the DIS & my TR!!!!

:rotfl2: That is funny. Luckily, Christopher seemed to be doing fine... but would it last? :confused3

18. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

I know... it is sad how fast time flies. :(

[QUTOE]Love the update btw. You fit loads into the DHS day[/QUOTE]
    Pretty mush did everything we wanted. IT was busy and we were pooped after. :blush:

That was funny place to meet... standing in the hallway. I guess it would of been weirder if we met in the bathroom or something. :lmao:

It was great meeting you!!! I wonder how we didn't bump into each other again during the week. :confused3

He learns from the best. :rotfl:

Aww man, you too? Time for that restaurant to start taking ADRs. :lmao:

19. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Of course he is... he takes after his daddy! :rotfl2::rotfl2: :duck:

Sadly is was the best part of the meal.

We wanted to try 50's but we never made it there. I had an ADR but we just skipped it.

OK sis! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

No worries... I'm always behind. :surfweb:

Learned from the best daddy hula hooper around. ;)

He was. And that was a relief. ::yes::

Nah, he just a happy kid. :goodvibes

Thanks for rubbing it in. :headache:

We are truly blessed. Her pediatrician saved her life. Now if we could just keep her healthy enough where she doesn't misses any more school this year.... :rolleyes1

No worries... I can take it! :rotfl2:

Thanks again for reading! :goodvibes

20. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

oh Juliana is so cute....she's grown so much since then!

21. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Okay, one weird observation from this update: I'm surprised at how much taller your mom is compared to Mel (or how much shorter Mel is, if you want to look at it that way, but I don't want to say that Mel is short so I'll say your mom is tall). I hadn't realized that before this update. Okay, moving along.

Christopher was too cute in this chapter. That picture where he's "happy to be leaving DHS", and then showing off his shoes. :thumbsup2 Little tykes are always cute when they do that -- they almost fall down in their attempt to show them. :laughing: