This is the last trip the 4 of us ever take to WDW. Nov 2-12 *FinalUpdate 3/19* Pg.59

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by that's nice, Nov 29, 2012.

1. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

It was Monday already and we had an early ADR to get to. Thank goodness Christopher and Juliana wake up early or there is no way we would of ever made this ADR. A few years ago, I booked breakfast first thing at Tusker House and we never made it. I was really excited to try it out. We drove to AK because we needed transportation after our park day to get to dinner, but we'll discuss that later. Driving from CSR to AK takes like 5 minutes at most. People always say SCR is soo far from everything but I don't think so.

We parked and walked over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The park opened at 9 but there already were a few people there waiting to be let in. We walked over to the right and told the CM our name. He checked it off the list and let us into the park.

Is it me, or does it feel special to be in a park before it officially opens?

We started walking towards Africa.

[​IMG]

I guess you get there quickly when there is no traffic. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When we arrived, 10 minutes before our 8:05 ADR mind you, this was the line we were greeted with.

[​IMG]

And here I was thinking we were doing good with time. The line was moving slowly but I eventually checked in.

[​IMG]

I think we were bored, so we just started taking pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even Juliana & Christopher got into the act...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After about 10 minutes, we were called. After waiting in another line, we got to see Donald!

[​IMG]

By this point we were getting hungry. We had a really nice waitress and she told us about the restaurant and took our drink order. I got up to get the kids some breakfast. Good thing too, because while I was gone there was a flurry of characters starting with Mickey!

[​IMG]

Christopher checking him out...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi fives!

[​IMG]

Continued next post....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Cont. from previous post...

I guess Christopher couldn't get enough, because he watched Mickey move to the next table..

[​IMG]

Then waved bye...

[​IMG]

What a huge difference from just a few nights ago.

Daisy was next. What do you think Christopher?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juliana had a few bites of food when it was time for a parade. Christopher was waving as the characters walked by.

[​IMG]

The food was really good and after I asked the waitress to fill up my juice for the 3rd time, she just left a carafe for us. I have to say that we all loved the food here. I didn't take any food pics because I was too hungry to, I have taking pics of buffet food(my plate is usually messy), and between helping the kids and shoveling food into my mouth I forgot.

I went to get another helping of food when I heard noise outside. I checked the time and it was 9:05. I snuck out a side door and walked over to the safari to grab FPs for after breakfast. Then just walked back into the restaurant grabbed a plate of food and sat down. It was like I never left.

We had a few more visits....

[​IMG]

Then Mickey came back for a second round.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More hi-fives!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were getting ready to leave and I realized I didn't get into one picture. Daisy was right next to our table and I politely asked for a quick picture...

[​IMG]

With our tummies full, we walked out of the restaurant and were ready to take on the day.

Up next... Lots & LOTS of Animals

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Great interaction with Mickey!

5. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear how Christopher liked the safari.

6. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

yes its magical walking through the park without the crowds!

love the photo of Juliana taking Christopher's pic...such a happy boy!
    :woohoo: Christopher did so much better with Mickey and the characters! such great photos of you all!
    nice score getting the FP for the safari!
    we plan on eating there for breakfast in November, can't wait! note to self to chug the juice so we get a caraffe :thumbsup2

7. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

So glad Christopher warmed up to the characters. The cheesy grins are fantastic! Love the picture of him hamming it up while his sister is taking his picture. Classic!

Tusker House is a great buffet!

Jill in CO

8. Deesknee

Deesknee <font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)

I agree about the pictures of your DD taking pictures of her little brother. He looks like such a ham in these pictures. SO adorable. Almost makes me want another one, but I think I should leave that to you younger folks. :thumbsup2

I keep debating on eating at the Tusker house. We've never been in AK before official opening. MK I love early though. I agree really special experience. Cool snag on the FP's. Nice pic of you, DD & minnie! Awesome update!

9. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Fun morning. We had a long line like that to check in too and we had idiots working there that morning when we went. The line just really turned me off of going there again. The food was good, but not good enough to have to go through lines like that again.
    Claire loved he characters though.

10. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

It really isn't a bad location. Especially driving... AK and EPCOT aren't bad to get to and DHS is basically right down the road. MK is another story, but it is a pain to get to if you're driving no matter where you come from.

I wouldn't know...

:confused3 I rarely manage to do it either. I'm usually more worried about stuffing my mouth and moving on to the next activity by the time I get food. :rotfl2:

It was like you never left, because you didn't realize you were under Disney surveillance the whole time. You think they don't take measures to ensure against the dine and dash??? :confused3:rotfl2::lmao:

11. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

I know... time flies doesn't it. :sad1:

:rotfl2: My mom is 5'10'' and Melody is 5'3ish'' My mom is the shortest of her siblings. My dad is 5'5'' you should see me standing next to him! :rotfl2:

They sure do... I'm shocked he didn't take a tumble. The kid is always on the ground. :rolleyes1

MK takes long to get to from everywhere. World drive is like 2 minutes from CSR. :confused3

He learns from the best. :rotfl2:

Thanks you. I like it too.

Thank goodness! :lmao:

It was really good. Disney is crazy with these prices though. Even for breakfast.. about $30. Better eat a lot of eggs. :faint:

[QUOET]Can't wait to hear how Christopher liked the safari.[/QUOTE]
    Want a teaser?

I bet you do. ;)

::yes::

He is... except for the last week. He had a stomach bug. :sick:

thankyou!
    I do good sometimes. :rotfl2:

Oh yea.. it is soooo good! :thumbsup2

12. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Christopher & Juliana were being really funny. I need to try to get her pictures off her camera. :goodvibes

It was really good. Getting to the park early is good too. :goodvibes

Younger folks? I'm no spring chicken. Can't you see my grays? :rotfl2:

If you can get past the price you should. It was really good food, nice decor, and good service. :goodvibes

I don't know why it took so long to check in.. probably since the first ADR is 8 everyone is there at the same time, including all the people that got 8:30 and are trying to get in early.:confused3

Pretty much. No other resort is as close to AK except AKL and that takes about the same time to get there as CSR.

Better get up earlier. :rolleyes2

The eye in the sky knew I left... but did the family? :confused3

13. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

Love, the Tusker House food, not the queue for Donald so much. They should just have him roam with the rest of the characters.

You must have done a lot of slipping away for FP's this trip! LOL

Great pictures of Christopher reacting to Mickey! He had such a cute look of " come back!"

14. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

I tend to think you only feel like you're too far from something when you don't allow yourself enough time to get there.:rolleyes1

I have no idea, but I'd love to find out!

Now how special do you feel? :rotfl2:

It happens. You got some cute ones.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Food pictures are usually much less of a priority than eating.

15. Millie12591

Millie12591 DIS Veteran

I really love how Christopher has really started coming into his own on this trip. Today looked like he was starting to own his Disney trip, before long you'll have him posing and cheesing for every picture. :rotfl: Just like big sis, only not girly poses. :laughing:

16. Millie12591

Millie12591 DIS Veteran

Can't get over how well he's adapting to the characters!! :lovestruc

17. Dreamer & Wisher

Dreamer & Wisher DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your report. We are planning a trip for April. I am hoping our little guy enjoys Disney as much as yours.

18. Deesknee

Deesknee <font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)

I see no grays... must be the hat. :)

19. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

The one bad thing about Beaches and Cream, so small and a long wait if you hit it wrong.

You probably were not up for a table service but CAtains grille over at the Yachy club usually has room for a walk up. Really nice place and usully pretty quiet.

On the Boardwalk the pizza window is another choice with pretty good pizza, well at least it used dto have not eaten there in a while.

That is the one drawback to the Boardwalk area, very hard to grab and go something good and quick.

Love to see Christophers cheesy smile and that everyone enjoyed Tusker House.

Way to go for the stealth FP at the safari. :thumbsup2

20. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

I thought that was a little weird too. I guess they want you to buy the $25 picture too. At the prices they are charging for breakfast, they should include the picture. ::yes::

LOL ::yes::

Opposed to the look he had the first night! :eek:

:rotfl2:

That is true.

I hear Florid is lovely the second weekend in January. :smokin:

Not. Very. Special. :worried:

That it is... Unless I'm cooking the food and have to wait for it to be ready. ;)

21. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

He was doing much better. Thank goodness, or it could of been a long, fussy, whiny, week. :rotfl2:

Oh yea, he is starting to get cheesy. :rotfl:

:lmao::lmao:

It is hard to get him to pose because he doesn't sit still for a minute. :hyper:

:welcome: Thanks for reading!!!!

One thing with little ones, sometimes you have to throw your plans out the window and just let things happen. You know there are going to be meltdowns but you just have to deal with them the best you can. If you look around in WDW, you'll see plenty of kids losing it. :lmao::lmao:

I'm sure you will have an amazing trip! :goodvibes