"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

Beach Club is amazing!!! What a wonderful review! :thumbsup2

I'm glad your first day back went great and the kids were easy in you ;)
What grade do you teach? And you definitely planned your return well! I always look forward to your updates, but you should definitely take your time and let yourself and your family adjust to the new schedule, we will be here patiently waiting :goodvibes

Joining in! I subscribed a while ago but just had a chance to catch up!

I hope your sickness goes away. I've been sick in Disney before, it's awful! But, it's still better than being sick at home. :goodvibes

Looking forward to it all!

Hey I think you gave a good description of the Beach Club... I also think that it's location can't be beat... Since we have DVC points now... It impacts where we stay...

but I really like the look of AoA and would love to go over there when we're there in July just to check out the common areas and the shop and food court... it all looks very cool... very over the top fantasy Disney architecture...:goodvibes

Already subscribing & can't wait to read through it all! You have so many pictures of the resort details, etc! :thumbsup2

I could have sworn yours was one of the few TR's I wasn't behind on. :confused3

I am loved all of your pictures of the Beach Club. We are staying in a Villa in June for our girls' trip and I cannot wait to have that easy access to Epcot. The Beach Club is one of the last remaining deluxe/DVC resorts I have wanted to try and I'm finally getting to do it. :goodvibes

I can understand some people's (including yours) preference of the values, especially with kids. At our age, we prefer the more "subdued" resort. But I'd probably sleep in a box at almost any of the Disney resorts as long as I was at Disney. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

It's absolutely beautiful...BUT I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy you like AoA better! It makes me feel like we've made a good choice!

Julia is really into finding Hidden Mickeys. She would love that BC room! Her little camera would never stop!
ETA: I am honored that my organization obsession inspired you! LOL!

You HAVE made a good choice! I'm so excited about you staying at AoA, I don't know how I'm going to wait until your trip. :lmao:

Julia would have been in HM heaven! We even saw more than has been pictured here!

Thank you for organization inspiration. :goodvibes

The Beach Club looks stunning. I'm glad that you enjoyed it, but I understand liking AoA more. I'm a little worried that we'll stay there or at the Poly (my dreams) one day and find that we wish we'd booked a mod. :lmao:

I would love to laze around the BC, but who am I kidding I don't relax at Disney!:lmao:

I'm not sure I would have said the same thing had I stayed at the Poly (also my dream), so don't worry about that. ;) Poly has such a great theme (like the values), lots of grounds to explore (like the mods), and then deluxe things like an awesome pool, being on the monorail, and great restaurants. Plus, it has one of the best counter-services of the deluxe. :goodvibes

Every time I read in a TR that someone relaxed at their resort I get a little jealous, but I just can't do it. It does not feel right to laze around when the parks are so close!

Great review of the Beach Club!

I've stayed at BC twice and we love the location too, it definitely cannot be beaten.

I'm glad you liked it, but can understand you liking AoA better, especially if you like all the colorful Disney icons etc.

BC is more our cup of tea, but I would give AoA a shot after having a look around in October, it looks great :)

Thanks!

Oh yes, the BC is in prime location! We definitely took advantage of that!

I probably would have liked Beach Club better if I had not spent 2 days at AoA right before. It's great that Disney has such different resorts. Something for everyone!

I actually love that you preferred AOA. I'm staying moderate this trip but only because my mother will be with us and we will need the queen beds. If it weren't for that we would be staying value for sure just because I like the atmosphere better!

All levels of Disney resorts (values, mods, deluxe) have their advantages and people prefer different things. I agree with you that the atmosphere of the values is just so much fun! If I go to an all inclusive down in the Caribbeans I want relaxation, but down at Disney I need, well, Disney!

The Beach Club looks really nice. Mom and I had dinner at Cape May so we got to see some of it. I don't know if I will ever stay at a deluxe. I'm just not in the room enough to justify the extra expense.

It's a nice resort. I probably never would have been able to justify the extra expense either if it hadn't been for the extra money I got.

Wow! Wow! Wow! The Beach Club looks amazing and the rooms are so pretty! Your detailed review is perfect for someone who is thinking about a possible Beach Club stay.

Thanks! I tried my best. It's a beautiful place that's for sure.

Awesome review!

Thanks!

Thank you so much for the packing list! I have it bookmarked for our trip.

The beach club looks beautiful. I love all of the hidden mickeys.

You're welcome! I'm thinking of combining of the baby tips and stuff into one post. Would that be helpful?

BC is a beautiful place!

Loved the review of the BC and looking at the photos. We loved the smell in the lobby so much that I bought the air freshener machine for it and the scent refills "Green Clover and Aloe". It is pricey to get the refills though, so I only buy them for special occasions or when I need a real pick me up.

That's cool that you got yourself the air freshener machine so you could have a piece of the BC at home!

Good luck getting back into the work routine!! Look forward to your updates when you can make them :goodvibes

Work has not been as bad as I thought, but I have gotten so behind on the Dis! Thankfully I was able to catch up tonight, so I should be able to update tomorrow or Monday at the latest! :thumbsup2

Beach Club is amazing!!! What a wonderful review! :thumbsup2

I'm glad your first day back went great and the kids were easy in you ;)
What grade do you teach? And you definitely planned your return well! I always look forward to your updates, but you should definitely take your time and let yourself and your family adjust to the new schedule, we will be here patiently waiting :goodvibes

Thanks!

The students have been so nice with me this week!!! :goodvibes I teach grade 2 and grade 5. I'm glad I have a week to relax, especially since I caught a cold! Nothing bad, also not unexpected when you work in a germ factory (a.k.a. a school). :rolleyes: Adjusting to the new schedule has been tiring, but I should be able to update several times this week. :)

Joining in! I subscribed a while ago but just had a chance to catch up!

I hope your sickness goes away. I've been sick in Disney before, it's awful! But, it's still better than being sick at home. :goodvibes

Looking forward to it all!

:welcome: I'm glad you took the time to comment. :goodvibes Yes, being sick in Disney beats being sick at home, but it sucks nonetheless! It did go away, at least for me...

Hey I think you gave a good description of the Beach Club... I also think that it's location can't be beat... Since we have DVC points now... It impacts where we stay...

but I really like the look of AoA and would love to go over there when we're there in July just to check out the common areas and the shop and food court... it all looks very cool... very over the top fantasy Disney architecture...:goodvibes

Thanks. For sure being able to walk to two parks makes BC in a prime location. I hope you do get a chance to check out AoA. It's beautiful, fun, and has a great food court! Over the top fantasy Disney architecture is a great way to put it! :thumbsup2

Already subscribing & can't wait to read through it all! You have so many pictures of the resort details, etc! :thumbsup2

:welcome: I'm so glad you are enjoying the TR and resorts reviews so far. :goodvibes

I could have sworn yours was one of the few TR's I wasn't behind on. :confused3

I am loved all of your pictures of the Beach Club. We are staying in a Villa in June for our girls' trip and I cannot wait to have that easy access to Epcot. The Beach Club is one of the last remaining deluxe/DVC resorts I have wanted to try and I'm finally getting to do it. :goodvibes

I can understand some people's (including yours) preference of the values, especially with kids. At our age, we prefer the more "subdued" resort. But I'd probably sleep in a box at almost any of the Disney resorts as long as I was at Disney. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well then I guess it's a good thing I slowed down on the updating. ;) Which reminds me, thanks for not updating too often this week, gave me a chance not to fall so much behind! :rotfl:

I'm sure you'll LOVE the easy access to Epcot! I hope you love Beach Club!

It's so wonderful that Disney has so many different themes and "levels" of resorts. There is something for everyone! Seriously, we would love the values even without kids! In fact, we might find it a bit cramped with kids, we probably love them more without kids. We are the kids ourselves! :rotfl2:

Day 3 part 3 – The One With The Turkey Leg

Around 7pm we left our room at the Beach Club. We walked to Hollywood studios using the path by the Yacht Club, Swan & Dolphin and Boardwalk.

Yacht Club

246_zps25ac0ce3.jpg

I love how the palm trees are lit up at night between the Swan & Dolphin.

248_zpse008c713.jpg

Boardwalk

249_zpsae9d3c05.jpg

243_zps09bd638f.jpg

244_zps2d307d84.jpg

245_zps40a80361.jpg

About 30 minutes later we arrived at DHS and saw the Christmas Tree outside the gate.

250_zps9dec6ef4.jpg

Quite a bit of people were leaving the park at that time.

251_zpsaaecf848.jpg

We made a turn onto Sunset Boulevard. Otaku had one thing in mind and one thing only. She wanted a Turkey Leg!

252_zps36efd4df.jpg

253_zps629752db.jpg

She shared it with her dad. I had a little bit of an appetite, so I got something easy on my stomach: Chicken nuggets and fries.

254_zps42083e36.jpg

This is what was left of the Turkey Leg... Otaku insisted we take that picture.

256_zps2a48b878.jpg

We got up and took a few pictures are Sunset Boulevard as we made our way back to the center of the park.

257_zps36e1b6f2.jpg

259_zpsc454e201.jpg

Not today my dear Tower of Terror.

258_zps047386ae.jpg

We veered towards the entrance of the park, but not to leave. We went into the Head to Toe store to buy our Minnie Ears.

260_zps6c4dccbe.jpg

Ron got Star Wars R2D2 ears, but I don’t have a picture of it at that time. It was now time to make our way to the Streets of America.

Up Next, Osborne Lights

Love the picture with the Minnie years. You guys look so cute. Beach Club looks amazing. Every time we go eat at Cape May we talk about how much we dream about staying there one day. However, during our last trip I realized that one of the things we love the most about deluxes -their yummy restaurants- is also the very thing that annoys me the most about them. It just attracts so much traffic!! The lobbies are always full of people just hanging out and doesn't feel as cozy as a moderate or even a value. Just a little down side. I would still take any deluxe any day though. Haha

Looks like they loved that Turkey Leg!

Cute, cute Minnie ears! You girls look adorable.

The BW area is so cool at night. I love how it's all lit up.

All your night pictures are gorgeous! I love how it is lit up there!

The pictures of Otaku with the turkey leg are hilarious.

I love the picture of you guys with your ears too! So cute!

Love the picture with the Minnie years. You guys look so cute. Beach Club looks amazing. Every time we go eat at Cape May we talk about how much we dream about staying there one day. However, during our last trip I realized that one of the things we love the most about deluxes -their yummy restaurants- is also the very thing that annoys me the most about them. It just attracts so much traffic!! The lobbies are always full of people just hanging out and doesn't feel as cozy as a moderate or even a value. Just a little down side. I would still take any deluxe any day though. Haha

Thanks. Wait until you see another "Minnie ears" picture I have later that evening... You're going to :rotfl2:

Beach Club is amazing. The lobby (and pool area) can be quite busy, but the rest of the resort was not so bad. The solarium was always empty, and so were the hallways to the rooms. :)

Looks like they loved that Turkey Leg!

Cute, cute Minnie ears! You girls look adorable.

The BW area is so cool at night. I love how it's all lit up.

Oh, Otaku LOVED that turkey leg!!! She loves her meat.

Thanks. I like that picture of us a lot. :goodvibes

The BW was beautiful.

All your night pictures are gorgeous! I love how it is lit up there!

The pictures of Otaku with the turkey leg are hilarious.

I love the picture of you guys with your ears too! So cute!

It's amazing how different it looks during the day and all lit up at night.

Otaku was quite obsessed with those turkey legs! :rotfl:

Thanks!

Wow....they usre loved that turkey leg. :thumbsup2

I love your ears...those are absolutely adorable. :goodvibes

Wow, that turkey leg was decimated!! :rotfl:

I love the nighttime pics of the resorts as you walked to the park. :goodvibes

Those are my kind of Minnie ears!!

OMG- How cute are those mickey earrs?? I LOVE THEM!

Beach Club looks soooooo beautiful, Maybe one day.....

Boy did that turkey leg get gobbled up! Gobbled up! :lmao: Oh I crack myself up! :rotfl:

Very cute Mickey ears that you two had on! I love 'em!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter