This freezing weather is crampin my style! A Dec 2010 TR

Her name is Terk from the movie Tarzan...

We're never made it to rope drop to any of the parks... So kudos to you and Lo!!! :thumbsup2

"Happy Birthday", at least in the TR world... But hey, that count's doesn't it???

Hey, I just got done reading this tR! Your a very funny person and I bet it's a hoot being with you in the parks- or in life general! I'm headed over to your PTR now to read that! can't wait for more pictures and stories here though!

Just found this TR and your title caught my attention, had to go back to the beginning :surfweb: to catch up. How funny we were there the same time and yes it was freezing. :scared1: Some nights we headed back early to our resort because I just couldn't take the cold!

Wow, I am amzed that theis TR is not closed do to the lack of my posting on it. I have always finished my TR's and I will fisnish this one too. I have 3 days off work next week so I will be back then to update and to respond to ya'lls posts.

Hope Everybody has a great Mothers day tomorrow. I'll be working:flower3:

I'm finally able to get back to this TR. It's been so hectic here and just so much crap going on that when I do have time off I do nothing, but I really need to finish this up.

I think I left off with Lo and I heading to the Safari. It wasn't a long wait, maybe 10 minutes. We got a whole row to ourselves so each got a "window" seat. Lo hadn't done the safari on her family trip, so this was yet another first for her. I was excited for her and just hoping we would see some great animals.

The truck takes off and at first all we see is birds. To me a bird is a bird, I can see birds anywhere, it doesn't matter to me if they have long legs, big beaks or are pink, it's still just a bird. It's still a nice ride though, we see some crocs. It's funny how seeing crocodiles tends to prompt people to speak with an Australian accent, we got to listen to the man behind us say crickey and look at that shiela aint she a beauty until the crocs were out of sight.

We were also treated to the mating ritual of the single father and hot cougar lady. Just from hearing their conversation we figured out that not only was it their first date, but it was a blind date. The little girl wasn't warming up to daddies date at all, any time the lady would talk to her the little girl would hide her face in her dads arm pit.

We started getting into bigger animals, my favorite are elephants and giraffes.
100_5609.jpg

This guy or girl I couldn't tell, to be honest I didn't think to look, I never do. But anyway this one followed us for quite some time, when we first came across it he was drinking from a little pond, it was a funny sight seeing it's legs spread so far apart so it could get it's head close to the water, I tried and tried to get a good picture but the angle was always off and by the time we got close enough for a good picture the giraffe stood up and it was no longer thirsty but instead was now interested in us.
100_5616.jpg

100_5625.jpg

How cute is that baby?

WE kind of got to see a lion.
100_5632.jpg

We saw the rhinos and a cheetah, and deer like things with big horns. As you can see I am not very good at my animals. All in all it was a fun excursion. Lo enjoyed it alot and can't wait to take her family on it.

After the safari we went into a few shops I found a mickey head key chain with a giraffe print for my friend Brit, she loves giraffes, I might have mentioned this before. I also got some hair clips for me, mickey shaped of course.

we got a snack, some kind of danishy donuty type thing before going out for more rides and entertainment. I had wanted to go to dinosaur and on the way we passed flights of wonder. I have always skipped this, Lo said it was a must see. My thoughts were birds were gonna fly over me and poop on my head. I will say again I am not a bird person, you see one thing with wings you've seen them all. But Lo insisted and I figured since she paid good money for this trip and it was also her vacation I should let her do something she wants to do.:confused3 I'm a sweetheart like that, call it a curse.

We went in and the show was about to start, the seats were cold and my hiney did not like that. I complained to Lo and she gave me her shut up face.
So I thought that I would be getting a bird lesson, and I did, but it was the most fun and most interesting bird lesson ever. I saw pretty birds, big birds, smart birds funny birds, then the best thing ever, the thing that made me tear up.
100_5651.jpg

100_5653.jpg

How majestic. I was speechless, I have never seen a bald eagle this close before, it's wing span was huge, he was grace in motion and I thought at that moment, this aint just any bird. The eagle had an attitude like he knew he was all that, he had pride I guess you could say. I was glad that Lo had dragged me in there, I really enjoyed the show and I can't wait for my sister Bo to see this show. She's a bird watcher complete with identifying book and binnoculars. She will love this.

Next up was Dinosaur. It was practically a walk on. Lo had said she was in line for this when it broke down so she never got to ride it and she was most bummed. I love this ride, it's my favorite. We got very front row. Everytime I have ridden this I have either had very front row or very back. I like the front, it's a smidge less violent.

I was secretly hoping it would break down, I would love to see that place with the lights on. But it didn't break down and we had a great adventure. Lo really liked this ride too. I think she said it's her favorite at AK.

I was super hungry by then so we went to Flame tree barbque. I had bragged to Lo that this was the best place to eat. She had eaten somewhere else on her trip so she was up for something different. the only thing I don't like about this place is the outside seating, it was just too cold to be eating outside, and it made my food get cold. I usually get the ribs but that day I got the pulled pork. in comparison with Pecos Bill, Flame tree Barbque does NOT have good pulled pork sandwiches. It was really fatty. I loved the cole slaw, and I loved the key lime merengue, Lo tried the keylime and dry heaved, she hated it but lucky for me I then got 2 desserts, I also got her coleslaw which I was thankful for since I didn't eat the sanwhich.

when lunch was finished we headed over to see Festival of the lion King. It would be a first for me, I had been to AK 3 times before and had never taken in this show. I had read great reviews on it so I couldn't not see it now.

I will post on that later.

WOW I want to go to Disney for a first date! I am with the wrong guy--- just kidding:lmao:! And I feel the same way that you do about the birds I am just so worried about getting pooped on.... it happened to me as a kid on a ferry in Galveston, Texas---never again!!

We just saw the Birds of Wonder show for the first time too and I'm amazed at how good it was... I'll be taking the time to see it again... :thumbsup2

Life just took over and this poor trip report got pushed under the bed and forgotten about...literally, I found my trip journal under the bed today, ( I also found my green flip flops even though I was looking for blue ones) Anyway I realized that with my next trip approaching real soon. 122days:banana:. I really need to finish this report. I have never left a report go unfinished and I refuse to start that habit. I will finish this, even if nobody reads this I will finish it for Lo.

But I can't work on it right now, I'm super tired, but I WILL finish this.

Hello Miss Ty! I didn't think you were ever coming back. I have missed you and your funny.
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter