This freezing weather is crampin my style! A Dec 2010 TR

Thank you everybody for hanging in there. I really appreciate your patience.

I had never been to Festival of the Lion King, after seeing it I couldn't fathom how I had passed it up on all my previous trips.

We were seated in the elephant section up in the left hand corner, they were not good seats. The place was filling up fast and I was just ready to get the show on the road.

Once the show was in full swing I went and sat on the steps, there were two very tall men in front of me that kept swaying back and forth to the music so I couldn't even sit and try and look between them, moving to the steps worked out great for me.

The people that came out, 4 of them at first one each representing the animal for that section, giraffe, boar, lion and elephant entertained us and drew us into the act. They were all wonderful singers, my excitement grew as the animals were brought out on their float one by one. It wasn't what I was expecting, I expected more of like a theater set up and we all sit infront of a stage, not a round arena type thing. But for how they put it together it really worked.
100_5656.jpg

100_5657.jpg

They call meeeee....Mr Pig!
100_5661.jpg

I would have liked to see the front of the Lion and not his back side.
100_5662.jpg

The acrobat monkeys were amazing.
but it was the lady strapped to wires and flying around to the song "Can you feel the love tonight" that brought tears to my eyes. She was so graceful ands mesmerizing to watch. I was so caught up in it I didn't take a single picture of her. I found myself wondering how her parents felt about her performance, I had no idea if they were there that day but I am sure they have come to visit and see her perform at one time or another. I used to get so emotional (happy and proud) when I would watch Reese compete in individual cheer prep, how could a parent not get emotional at watching this? She wasn't even my child and I was proud of her.

To sum it up, this show is a must see and I can't wait for my next trip to see it again, I am going to get there and be first in line so I can be in the lion section.

We left there humming, "in the jungle" that song stayed with me for a long time.

Lo got a funnel cake and we sat and watched the people coming and going. The ducks were little beggers and Lo has a soft spot for anything human or animal that looks hungry. She shared with the ducks, a big no no but she thought a little bit won't hurt them. Seriously how many people think this way and share their cake or what not with the ducks. When I see people feeding the wild life it always reminds me of the signs they have posted all over Assateague. "Please keep the wild in wild life, don't feed the animals."
She did offer me some funnel cake, but funnel cake isn't a big treat for me, I make it all the time at home so I don't get excited about it. I wanted to save the calorie intake for something else that I couldn't or don't make at home.

We walked around alot and went into some shops killing time until we could go to the next finding Nemo show. The last time I had gone to this I was seated way in the back so I was hoping to be front and center for this show. We were in the front, maybe 3 rows back but we weren't center, I thought at first these seats were pretty good.

While waiting for the show to start Lo was facebooking and I was people watching. There was a large family from Puerto Rico sitting infront of us and another family from somewhere in the U.S. sitting infront of them. The kids from each family played together even though there was obvioulsy a language barrier, they each had toys and they traded for a while and then traded back, the young girl from the U.S. was showing the other girl pictures they had taken through out their vacation, then she asked if she could take a picture of them together. They leaned in close together and tried to get a picture, it took a few tries but finally they were satisfied with what they got. It was nice to see this, children from two different places on earth making friends with eachother at Disney World.

When the show started I realized real quick that I was too close to see the whole picture, you definitley get more out of it the further back you are, so note to self for the next time, try the middle of the theater not the front.

I looked over at Lo a few times during the show to see if she was enjoying it. From what i could tell she was liking it ok but she seemed to be more into the show at Festival of the Lion King.

When it was over we weren't sure of what we wanted to do. We talked about doing it's a bug life again. I know we rode Primevil whirl at some point. I hate that ride but I did it for Lo, she loves that ride.

I wanted to buy a scarf. At that time I was really into wearing cute scarves to work, even though scarf wearing was already a popular trend in the outside world, it was I, Ty who brought it into the Bed Bath and Beyond world. Nobody was wearing scarves as an accessory over the top of their aprons until I started doing it. Ha! finally somebody copies me and I feel "with it".

I found a nice scarf with Mickey heads on it, black with gray on one side and gray with black on the other. This would match alot of my clothes for work.
I was looking at the slippers when I heard a guy say, (almost shout) "I'm cutting through here to beat the parade." He bumped into me so hard I was pushed into the wall and ended up breaking one of my fake nails. "Are you kidding me?" Lo went into mother mode.

"What happened?"

I explained about the man and getting shoved, I'm sure I made it sound alittle more dramatic for her but I was still in shock over breaking a fake nail, now my fingers would not be uniformed in perfect length. I got over it in just a few short minutes.

Lo and I made our purchases and headed out the door, the parade was just finishing up and I laughed when I saw the guy trying to beat the parade actually stuck waiting for it to pass, he looked annoyed.

We decided that our AK day was done, our plan was to go back to the room fro a nap and then go to DTD that night. We stopped in shops all the way out of the park but didn't buy anything else.

I have always hated the walk from AK back to the bus stop. It is one of the longest and most boring walks, I always complain on this walk. Disney needs to give me something to look at while I'm walking.

We each got a coke from the soda machine and sat on the ground while waiting for the bus. I kid you not we were the only ones there, I mean the only ones...there weren't even people waiting at other bus stops. It was kind of eerie but a few minutes later a bus showed up and dropped people off.
Finally a few people came and waited at the pop bus stop too and soon a bus came for us.

It was a short ride back to Pop. Once we got there we went to our room and got our mugs, we shopped around in the store for a few minutes then got some hot cocoa and headed back to our room. We watched some T.V. while we did a little packing. I had to see how much room I had left in my suitcase and whether or not I would need to check a second bag for the trip home.

Oh that looks nice! I was thinking about skipping it, but I keep on hearing really great things about it!

Oh that looks nice! I was thinking about skipping it, but I keep on hearing really great things about it!

Oh you can't miss it. Everybody in your family will love it, there's something for everyone and it's so much fun, it engergizes you to watch it.

I love the Festival of the Lion King... It's a great show... :lovestruc

Did you see that Disney released free dining in December??? Not sure if the dates match up with your next trip... I hope so!!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter