This freezing weather is crampin my style! A Dec 2010 TR

I pity you that you are having a pity party. :sad2: Too bad you are missing out on all the fun, but knowing you, you'll find a way to have fun anyway!
:cheer2:
Pity party is over. I made plans for my own super bowl party. I'll be the only one at my party, but at least there will be food.:lmao:
R u kidding me? even Ty's pity parties are funny...although she doesn't do themed food. probably best that way. Who would realy want a poo-poo platter?
I could totally do themed food for a pity party and it wouldn't include the poo-poo platter either.

BTW, thanks for talking me through my grocery shopping for super bowl food yesterday, I couldn't have done it without you. Now be honest, did the song I was singing the whole time stay in your head the rest of the night?
"It's Palumalu, do do do do."

A little wager Sis? I bet you a dole Whip that The Steelers kick the Packers butts!

Anouncement, my sister Bo has started her PTR for our trip in December. If anybody is interested I put the link in my siggie below.

My goodness Ty! You are crankin out the chapters. I SO love reading your reports. You are one funny momma! You will have to let me know when you make your trek to Michigan. We have to see each other. It's critical.

I have no party to go to either. :( But GO STEELERS!! I was bummin the Bears didn't make it either Bo.

Pity party is over. I made plans for my own super bowl party. I'll be the only one at my party, but at least there will be food.:lmao:

I could totally do themed food for a pity party and it wouldn't include the poo-poo platter either.

BTW, thanks for talking me through my grocery shopping for super bowl food yesterday, I couldn't have done it without you. Now be honest, did the song I was singing the whole time stay in your head the rest of the night?
"It's Palumalu, do do do do."

A little wager Sis? I bet you a dole Whip that The Steelers kick the Packers butts!

Anouncement, my sister Bo has started her PTR for our trip in December. If anybody is interested I put the link in my siggie below.

YOu are welcome! and heck yeah woman! :woohoo:whatever a dole whip is... I'm in!

My goodness Ty! You are crankin out the chapters. I SO love reading your reports. You are one funny momma! You will have to let me know when you make your trek to Michigan. We have to see each other. It's critical.

I have no party to go to either. :( But GO STEELERS!! I was bummin the Bears didn't make it either Bo.

I am trying to get this TR done so I can just concentrate on planning my next trip, not that it takes much concentration anymore, but you know how it is, trying to write a TR when you already have another trip booked.

I agree it's critical we meet. I'm looking at mid march now.

Whoo hooo, go Steelers!

YOu are welcome! and heck yeah woman! :woohoo:whatever a dole whip is... I'm in!

I didn't tell you about Dole Whips?:eek: I find that hard to believe, God created taste buds for the sole purpose of Dole Whips.

P.S. congratulations, you learned to quote a post!:cheer2:

oh...and the song did not stick in my head...til your last post stinkerbell!
It's Palumalu, do do do do! Just incase you forgot again.:angel:

I didn't tell you about Dole Whips?:eek: I find that hard to believe, God created taste buds for the sole purpose of Dole Whips.

P.S. congratulations, you learned to quote a post!:cheer2:

It's Palumalu, do do do do! Just incase you forgot again.:angel:[/QUOTE]

Thank you! dog gone it with the song already! I'm not listening...:cool1: here's a little song I wrote...you'll want to sing it note for note...Don't worry.... be happy!

Thank you! dog gone it with the song already! I'm not listening...:cool1: here's a little song I wrote...you'll want to sing it note for note...Don't worry.... be happy!
You can't out annoy song me,

I'm an acne pimple as lonely as can be...POP...hello pimple would you like some company?

With our meal finished up, which included licking the dessert plate clean, we gathered up our belongings and headed out the castle door, but not before stopping in the princess wash room.

Lo wanted to freshen up, so I used the time to try and fix my hair, but there was no fixing it. As we left Lo said she thought the bathroom in the castle would have been a little more swanky, more royal looking, a bit more majestic than what it was. I don't know, maybe she was thinking they had royal wipers or something? Soap made of liquid gold? Velvet toilet seats?

We left the castle feeling full filled food wise and magic wise.
CRT was worth the $$ in my opinion. Everybody should try it at least once. I thought not having a little girl to take to CRT the expereince wouldn't be as fun. But I thought wrong, it was a great time and Lo's excitment made it all the better.

We were passing Haunted Mansion and thought, why not? we're here aren't we? So we got in line for that. It was a teeny line and we were on our doom buggies super fast.

I like to lean way forward and look out as far as I can, to the right, to the left, up and down when need be. I wish at certain times the ride would stop in certain places, like the attic scene, it goes by there too quickly, another place I wish the ride would stop in is the part where you are turned and moving backwards, you're practically laying flat on your back. That is super comfortable and I would love for that to last a bit longer. But my luck is yuck! and the ride always manages to stop in the grave yard scene, the same place every time.

After HM we headed over to frontier town. no reason, it's just the way the wind was blowing. We got fast passes for BTMRR. We would have ridden it at the time but we still needed to rest our tummies from lunch, nothing too extreme for us yet.

We went into a few shops. they all pretty much have the same thing, but we always need to look anyway.

We rode POTC again. It was a walk on. I love this ride. We shopped in that dump shot for a bit too. I don't think we bought anything that day. Then we went for the Dole whip.

I hate talking about it now because it makes me want one so much, but I have to tell ya we had one. It was part of the trip. It must be recorded.

Since the weather was a bit warmer than our first MK day we were able to enjoy our treat more fully. Doles whips taste so much better when your teeth are not chattering and your fingers aren't frozen.

We ate slow, savoring each bite. Lo gave me tips on how to make it even better, "Ty, take some icecream and pinapple juice together."

I already knew that bit of information, but I let Lo think she was the first person ever to discover this. "Mmmm, yeah, that is good."

And again Lo talked people into getting a Dole whip. Now one lady didn't get the Dole whip float, she just got the soft serve. Lo let the lady know that she made a huge mistake, "Basically what you got there lady is half of something good."

"Lo, it's not your job to ensure people do snacks correctly."

Lo rolled her eyes. She was really taking it hard that not everybody in MK that day was gaga over the Dole Whip Float. She couldn't fathom how they could pass up the pinapple juice and just settle for the icecream.

We tossed our trash and kept heading towards the exit. We wanted to go ack to the room and catch a nap before coming that night for MVMCP. Of course we stopped in alot of the shops on the way out. and in one shop guess who was there?
mydis043-1.jpg

Jim Shore. I don't have any of his stuff, but my mother is collector of Jim shore stuff. My Dad gets her and Santa and an Angel every year. She really wants to start collecting his Disney pieces too, but she said she really doesn't have room for any more "collections" She also collects Tea Pots, Santas from around the world, quilts. She also has tons of hummels from when we lived in Germany.

But any way I went in and ot his picture for my mother than I called her and told her that he was at Disney. she was excited, but not as excited as I thought she would be. Oh well. But I know if she had been there she would have gotten something of his and got in the line to have it autographed.

On the way out we got stopped by a pole taker. This was our 3rd time being stopped by a CM to answer a few questions. Not our 3rd time that day, but that trip. It became a running joke that pole taking CM's could sniff me out of a crowd, I would look away when I saw them, stop to tie my laceless shoes, act like I was on the phone, but they would always catch me and corner me.

"Would you mind answering a few questions about your stay at Disney world?"

This particular questionair was about the parks appearance, did we think it was clean enough? Did we at any time see anybody cleaning, sweeping, or picking up trash?

No, no, and no. Which made us wonder, how does that place stay so clean looking yet we never see anybody cleaning. At Hershey Park and other parks I have been to I always see the employees sweeping, picking up trash and even changing trash bags. How does Disney do it?

We answered the questions and then moved on.

The worst part of the day, even mid day, is the walk back to the bus stop. Even if you leave the park perky, peppy and energetic, all it takes is the walk to the bus stop to tire you out.

But there wasn't a line and we didn't have to stand. that is a super plus.

At our resort we skipped the eye shopping at the Pop store and just walked straight on to our room. We stood in the elevator forgetting to push the florr level button. We never did improve on that, I have no idea why we never learned from the constant mistake either.

We got to our room and got our jammies on. I wanted to be up and out the door by 5:00pm, so Lo set her alarm and once we had the white noise going it was only a matter of minutes before I was deep in the arms of good disney sleep.

I love napping during the day. I very seldom get to do that now, and it's really fun to nap during the day while on vacation. This is something that in the past I would do out of necessity. I would run myself ragged and then I would be so tired I would feel sick, the only cure would be a nap. Bu tthis trip was so different. We stopped and took breaks/naps so we would never get to the point of collapsing.

Lo and I were in control of this trip, this trip did not control us.

Waking up from a mid day nap at Disney is the best feeling in the world. Your relaxed, mind and body.

I got up and ran a brush through my hair, I thought about trying to curl it but figured what the hay, it's going to be dark any way so no worries. I redid my make up and then got dressed into my designated MVMCP shirt, I doubled up and wore a long sleve under it.
mydis134.jpg

Lo and I were both disapointed that the shirts we spent so long painting weren't even going to be seen. It was super cold and we had to wear jackets.

"This freezing weather is crampin my style!"

I had to wear a skull sweatshirt over my super cute, no wait, stooper cute tinkerbell shirt. I thought the skulls weren't too noticeable, but talking to Camille, they are totally noticeable.:lmao: Sorry Camille, but I promise this is the last chapter that the skull hoodie appears in, it will bid it's farewell soon.

Lo had painted a shirt with Minnie mouse eating a candy cane and it said "Christmas is yummy." it was also stooper cute! I don't have a picture of her shirt, and I have yet to make it to her house to have her put her pics on my photobucket. Either she's working or I am working or one of us or our kids is sick. I HATE winter!

Back to Disney now.

We left the room and headed down to the bus stop. I was worried about a crowded bus, "The wait is going to be long, their will be no seats."

But when we got there, maybe 6 people were in the MK line. "Where's this long line you were worried about?"

OK so for once I was wrong, for once I worried a little too much over nothing, so sue me.:confused3

The bus showed up quick and once we were all seated we were on our way to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. I was stoked. I had done the party nack in 2007 but I didn't do it the next trip with my Mom and Marzi and I found myself wishing we did do it.

Anywhoo, we get into the park and make our way to Caseys Corner. This is where we planned to have dinner. I told Lo I wanted to find a table and one of us reserve it while the other gets in line. We started staking out a table when a lady came up to us and said she had been staking that table out for the past 15 minutes and we should stake another table.

Lo and I laughed, it just seemed extremely funny at the time. We joked with her about it. "Yeahm well there's 2 of us and only one of you."

The lady told us that she had been staking another table and as she was heading in to claim she was literally pushed away and lost it.

We wished her good luck with this table and then we moved on. It was decided that we would split up and hopefully have more luck that way. I wnt inside, it was really where I wanted to eat. I was so cold and didn't want to eat my food outside. But that is where Lo stayed.

I was surveying the situation inside when I watched as a family started cleaning up there stuff.

"Are you done here, can I have this table?"

"Grab it quick." the lady told me.

So I did, I almost did the dancing bananna right there. BUt instead I got my phone out to text Lo and tell her I had a table, well just as I got my phone it rang.

I have the best ring tone. It's Billy Currington, "Must be doing somthin right, cause I just heard you sigh, lean into my kiss and close those deep blue need you eyes."

I always let my phone ring through so I can hear it all, sometimes I even close my eyes and sway. Siiigghhh!:cloud9:

Any way, it's Lo. "I got us a table."

"So did I."

"Mines better, we can see the castle."

"Mines best, it's warm and if we pull back the curtains , turn around in our chairs and lean way over we can still see the castle."

"Ty, just come out here, I want to eat next to the castle all lit up."

I was losing this battle, but I made one last attempt. "there's cartoons in here on a big screen."

"It's my birthday, I really want to eat where there is a castle view."

:headache::mad: "I'm coming."

I stood up and saw a family with a trya of food looking around, "It's your lucky day peole, here take this table, I am going to eat my food outside in the freezing cold."

I wen toutside and found Lo, she did have the perfect table, it was right up against the little wrought iron fence, the castle was in perfect view. The only complaint I had....it was COLD!

I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the crowd inside, so Lo took my order. Corn dog nuggets, fries, cracker jacks and a coke. then she went in to battle the line.

I sat, and sat, and frooze and had to answer the same question over and over.

"yes, I am using this table."

Really people? Why would you ask me if I am using a table that I am clearly sitting at. My butt is in the chair, my elbows are resting on the table, my bag is sitting in the other chair.

the some people would get nasty. "You're not even eating, this seating is for people who are eating."

"I don't see you with any food."

"My husband is bringing our food, he's in line now."

"My friend is bringing our food, she's in line now."

"I've been looking for a table for 10 minutes."

What I wanted to do is bring out sarcastic Sally.

Oooooohhh, well since you have been looking for 10 minutes, then sure, take the table that my friend and I searched for for only 9 minutes, you deserve it so much more than we do."

But I kept sarcastic Sally surpressed and I said "I hope you are able to find one, it's not easy, I know."

Then a group of people wedged themselves in behind me and starte taking pictures of the castle. I'm all for getting the perfect shot of that gorgeous building. But get it and get out. They stood there forever and I felt myself feeling sick and clausterphobic. It could have gone two ways. 1. I would have lost it and ran from the table seeking freedom and fresh air. or 2. Get mad at the situation. Neither way was going to be pretty, but I let sarcastic Sally out.

"Wow, you're not being rude at all, I love having your privates smashed up against the back of my head, I sat here hoping this is what would happen."

And the guy said he was just looking at the castle.

"Do you think you could look without invading my personal space?"

He snapped off a few more pictures and then he and his friends left.

I was needing Lo to hurry up and get back with our food, I wasn't going to be able to last much longer without back up.
Fianlly she came out with our tray of food. I said I would go get the condiments.

Holy long line for ketchup batman.

I really need to start bringing my own condiments into the park, at least to Casey's Corner anyway. I waited in the long line. It was a civil line though, people would get there little paper shot glasses and move on down as they filled them up with their condiment of choice. It was almost like an assembly line, a fine oiled machine, then a wrench got thrown into the works, a Bridezilla with her own set of rules. She didn't wait in line, instead she came up on the left of me reached over infront of me and grabbed what she needed. All the other people needed to see was one person doing their own thing, and then all of a sudden it was a condiment free for all, the order left, the mayhem entered and I was stuck in the center of it all.

The bridezilla even elbowed me.:eek: You know what. I have another personality aside from Sarcastic Sally. She's been asleep since my high school days. I vowed to never wake her again, her name is Polly punch you in the face. I could feel her stirring, it scared me to even think that she could make herself known again, especially at Disney. I had to fake a smile, I needed to trick Polly into thinking...no worries...keep sleeping.

It worked, I left with condiments and a clean police record, and Bridzilla left with her condiments and all her teeth.

When I got back t oLo I thought for sure my food would be cold, but it wasn't, Lo had layed napkins over it and it managed to keep it sort of warm.

We dug in right away, it was so good. just then Lo said, "Awwww, look at the bride and groom, they're so sweet, we shoudl share our table with them."

I looked up to see Bridezilla carrying 2 large sodas and her groom holding the tray, they wee surveying the seating situation too.

Polly punch you in the face might have been sleeping, but Kelly Karma was wide awake.:snooty:

"No, she can find her own table." I told Lo what happened and said if it weren't so cold I would take of my jacket and look for the bruise that brides pointy elbow probably left on my arm.

I thought about turning the other cheek though, for a brief second my conscience kicked in. turn the other cheek huh?:rolleyes: so she can elbow my other arm?:mad: I don't think so.

She did find a table though, not too far from us. My secret spat with her was over and I ate my food and enjoyed the conversation with Lo.

As we were finishing up I was ready to hurry and get moving, I sat too long in the cold and I was starting to feel achey. So we tossed the trash and then moved on.

The CM's were out in full force checking everybody for their MVMCP bands. We showed ours with pride.

The first place we headed was for some free hot chocolate and cookies. Yummy yum yum.

The cookies were great and the hot chocolate was just hot enough without burning your taste buds off and it was super chocolatey, not that watered down crap.

We sipped our Hot chocolate and nibbled our cookies while we made our way to BTMRR. WEhad our FP from earlier in the day. The posted waiting time said 5 minutes, so we didn't even use our FP. we just jumped in the standby line and walked right up to the CM who told us where to sit. We wanted the very back and YES! it was available to us. We wee walking back to the end of the train and A Super hot CM in his cowboy attire passed us. (Lo an dI have a weakness for cowboys) I am able to control myself around them, but Lo did a U-turn and follwed the Cowboy CM. I had to grab onto her and pull her back with me.

"Behave now." I told her

"He was yummy."

We get onto the ride and waited, nobody else was coming, we were the only ones on this ride. Lo didn't want to be the only ones, she said we would look stupid. After all we had said and done on the trip so far, now she was worried about looking stupid?:confused3

A few people showed up and Lo felt better about that, so yeah, there was us 2 in the very back and 3 people in the very front. It was awesome.

The ride was major fun, I hadn't been on it since 2007. Lo had the nervous giggles and I just screamed my heart out, like I said before it's more fun when you scream your head off, when and where else in life can you scream like that in public?

When we got back to the station there wasn't anybody in line so we got to go again, this time I tried to video myself on the ride with my phone. the I sent it to some friends. Basically it's just my face and me saying, "I'm ridin me a rollercoaster."

I got a text back from my friend Britt, "where'd the southern accent come from?"

I have no idea.

We roade a 3rd time but we had to get off the ride and go around and get in line that time, we still got the very back. I like the back, it whips you all the place. You definitley get more air time in the back.

We were going to go a fourth time but by then people actually showed up and the wait time said 20 minutes, we could have used our FP's, but we decided to save it for later and try something else.

HM, we always end up at HM, the posted wait time, q0 minutes, so we hopped in line, and just as we got to the door they anounced the ride was having technical dificulties, they couldn't tell us when it would be fixed. so o an dI said we would give it 10 minutes more, if it wasn't up and running by then, we would have to leave to ensure we got a good viewing spot for the fireworks.
We probably only gave it 5 minutes before we left.
WE went to the front oft he castle and foud the perfect spot to wait. We had almost half an hour to kill before MVMCP Wishes. But we knew if we left and came back we wouldn't have such a hot spot. So we waited, and waited and waited. Here's a picture of me waiting.
mydis044.jpg

I took pictures as the castle would change colors, here's my favorite.
mydis045.jpg

And finally right as the show was starting the guy who was sitting on the ground infront of us stood up. Lo couldn't see a thing, even looking straight up she couldn't see. I told her stand infront of me cause I still had a perfect view and even with her standing in front of me, I could still see.

The fireworks were spectacular, and since I didn't try to catch everything on camera, I actually got to see Tinkerbell make her flight.

in 2007 when I went to MVMCP I was trying to video and take still pictures. I missed Tinkerbells flight with both cameras, but you can hear me on the video saying. "Are you kidding me? I missed it."

I did try and get a pciture here and there, but without a tripod every picture came out streaked or blurry no matter what setting I had it on.

When the fireworks were done we headed over to frontier town to stake our claim for another great view for the parade. We sat on the wall almost across from the Liberty Tree tavern. This is where I stood in 2007 and it was perfect. I got a souvenir bucvket of popcorn to munch on while I waited. WE had lots of time to wait, Lo was facebooking and I was bored so I left her to hold down the fort while I went to grab a quick smoke.
I could not find my lighter anywhere. I had to bum a light and I hate doing that. Plus the guys zippo had a leak and I nearly set my hand on fire.

I called Kent and chatted with him for a bit. He was still kind of sullen. I did most of the talking. It was hard trying to pretend that I didn't notice he was being a little crapper. I figured if I ignore it then we won't argue. Normally the arguments happen when I press him to tell me what's wrong and usually what's wrong is something so utterly stupid, something he worked up in his mind that I flip out.

So nicotene inhaled and argument avoided I headed back to sit with Lo. We were just minutes away from the parade starting. Actually it had started already, it just didn't get to us yet. And then Bam, Mr. rude pants and his family showed up at the last second and stood infront of us. People complained, including Lo and I. We all waited it out, we sat in the cold staking this perfect spot for us and then he just shows up seconds from the fun and has the best view. He wouldn't move either, and he wouldn't sit down so us shorties could see. So I told Lo we were going to have to stand up on the wall if we wanted to see anything. Lo has very short legs and it wasn't easy getting her up that wall, but we did it, we had a good view again. And we might or might not have thrown tiny bits of balled up paper at the man here and there. And the paper might or might not have hit him in the neck, and it could very well be quite possible that by the end of the parade he had planty of tiny balled up paper bits collected around the collar of his coat.

I will admit to being immature, but that is all I will admit to.

We did enjoy the parade though, I took this picture.
mydis047.jpg

And then my camera battery died. So that was it for the night for me. Lo had to use her camera for the rest of the pictures.

At the end of the parade when Santa brings up the rear, he pointed right at Lo and said happy Birthday. Lo about fell off the wall. "He told me happy Birthday, how did he know?"

I said "when I left earlier it wasn't for a cigarette, it was so I could tell them where you standing so Santa could point you out, or it could be that he saw your birthday button, you decide."

Lo smiled big, "Thank you Ty, this was the best birthday ever, first you setting up a lunch with the princesses, and then the fireworks display in honor of my birthday, and now a happy birthday from Santa. You really went all out, I didn't even get you a card."

"Well that's because I'm a better friend than you.":lmao:

the lady infront of us heard our conversation and turned around to laugh.

We exicted through Adventureland, stopping to get another hot chocolate. Lilo and Stictch were in there for a meet n greet. there wasn't a line at all and I didn't have my pic with them yet. So Lo used her camera and I will post that pic when I am able to see her and get it uploaded onto photobucket.

WE made it to the fron of the park but got held up by the end of the parade, so we had to wait a few minutes before heading to the buses. We almost made it to the tunnel, we wanted to bea the crowd to the busses. then we got stopped by a CM who wanted us to answer some questions, I told her I had to pee really bad and couldn't waste a minute right now, I need a potty!

But that short minute allowed the crowd to get infront of us and there was nothing we could do. We were stuck and could only move as fast as the herd.

We had a long wait for a bus and ended up having to stand. We did have seats, but a young couple got on the bus and they wereholding sleeping kids, they were going to have to stand, so we gave up our seats.

After our childish display with maybe or maybe not throwing paper at Mr. rude pants, we needed to make up some good points.

The Pop store was closed when we got back to the resort. We wouldn't have been able to shop anyway. I was so glad we had taken that nap earlier, I could only imagine how tired we would be had we not. I think being cold and shivering so much took alot of my energy too.

It was showers, jammies and lights out for us. the next day for us was going to be Epcot, we didn't have anything major planned, just the countries and illumintations, so there would be absolutely no need to get up early. We set the alarm for 9:30am with every intention of hitting snooze until 10:am

I've been away from the DIS for awhile, but came back to read your TR! Looking forward to reading more!

:banana: Hurray. I haven't lost all of my readers yet.

Neva!! As long as I'm around you'll have readers. I just suck at being here on a regular basis. :rolleyes: :laughing:

It's because your a Disboard newbie, you need to explore, push buttons and see where they take you. Listen to your sister! She's not only very pretty but she's super smart too!

And I bet you are right, it has to be Jim's lip prints on my Capt Jack picture. Who else could it be?:confused3

Can't wait for you to start your PTR. I'm serious, you are going to make so many friends here. And if you do the PTR for our trip then I won't have to, I can just tag along on yours and post silly pictures of you.

silly.jpg

I could post sweet pictures too, remember this day?
sibss.jpg

But mostly I'll post embarrasing pictures, this can be considered payback for when you were yearbook editor and didn't put 1 single picture of me in the year book. :rolleyes1
Welcome to the Dis dear sister.:flower3:
tawas012.jpg

Welcome to my pity party. I'm serving wine (whine) at the moment.;)

Yeah, stupid packers!:headache: But hey, GO STEELERS!:cheer2:

Ooooooh Lawdy!!! I can tell this is going to be a fun TR and PTR (once I get over to Bo's) with you two going at eachother!! :yay:

R u kidding me? even Ty's pity parties are funny...although she doesn't do themed food. probably best that way. Who would realy want a poo-poo platter?

Ello! Ello! Ello! What is this?!? What is this?!? (<---in my best Bert voice from MaryPoppins) Do I see a sight to behold on here?!? One of the prodigal sista's has finally made her way to the Mautha ship, she's here to write about a trip to the Mautha Land of all things!! (I say one of cause my sista hasn't made it here)I need to give her a grand welcoming to the Dis boards..........

Bo's Here!!!! Bo's Here!!! Welcome! Welcome!!

00pxt.gif

Who ordered the poo-poo platta? <---said in her best I've smoked three packs a day for the last 20 years New Yorker accent.

On my way over to Bo's PTR!!! :woohoo:

Ty, as always you have me totally cracking up!! So funny, girl!!

I loved your Bridzilla story!! And of course, paper balls down someones back... Oy vey!!

I've been away from the DIS for awhile, but came back to read your TR! Looking forward to reading more!

Welcome back, I'm so happy:banana: that you have come to read. I suppose I should update soon huh?

Ty, as always you have me totally cracking up!! So funny, girl!!

I loved your Bridzilla story!! And of course, paper balls down someones back... Oy vey!!
I didn't think Bridezillas were real, I thought they were made up for TV!?:confused3

Paper balls down someones back...hmmm I may or may not have done that.:rolleyes1

Ooooooh Lawdy!!! I can tell this is going to be a fun TR and PTR (once I get over to Bo's) with you two going at eachother!! :yay:Yea it should be fun once we get the time to post. Seems like there's not enough time during the winter to do the things I want to do, but really I just get super lazy this time of year. Once the sun comes back and energizes me it is game on.

Ello! Ello! Ello! What is this?!? What is this?!? (<---in my best Bert voice from MaryPoppins) Do I see a sight to behold on here?!? One of the prodigal sista's has finally made her way to the Mautha ship, she's here to write about a trip to the Mautha Land of all things!! (I say one of cause my sista hasn't made it here)I need to give her a grand welcoming to the Dis boards..........

Bo's Here!!!! Bo's Here!!! Welcome! Welcome!!

00pxt.gif

That is some welcoming:cutie:

Who ordered the poo-poo platta? <---said in her best I've smoked three packs a day for the last 20 years New Yorker accent.

On my way over to Bo's PTR!!! :woohoo:
My brother would always talk about the poo poo platta. "DO you like Poo poo? WE have poo poo, we have many kind of poo poo, cat poo poo, dog poo poo, fish poo poo, we even have sister poo poo.:lmao:

I'm late to the party but I just spent 2 days reading and getting caught up on your TR and I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.

I woke up around 9:30 am and started getting ready. Lo was still asleep so I tried to keep it down. I thought if she was still asleep when I was fully ready then Iwould just take a walk around Pop. I had been wanting to do that for a long time. Even though this was my fourth stay at Pop I still hadn't seen everything, I needed to walk to the far corners of the resort just to see what was there.

I was so sick of doing my hair just to have it fall flat and looking icky by noon, so I decided to just do nothing with it that day. Just a wash and a brush through nothing else, no drying and curling, just a barette to keep it somewhat tame.

Lo woke up when I went into the dresser to get my clothes out for the day. It was close to 10:30 by then, she asked why I didn't wake her and I told her cause she looked sooooo peaceful sleeping and snoring.

She got ready and we were out the door by 11:30. We were headed to Epcot. On the way to the bus stop I stopped and had Lo take this picture of me.
mydis048.jpg

I had to, it's my birth decade.
Notice I am not wearing my skulls hoodie. I had gotten this red Mickey hoodie at Gabe's for $9.99. It was a steal and I didn't want to cover it up with skulls, I was tired of the freezing weather cramping my style. But I was about half frozen at that point and I hadn't even made it to the bus stop yet.

I couldn't wait for a bus to come, it was so cold standing out there. a couple of times I even debated running back to th room to get a jacket but honestly I was too lazy. That day and the next day were the COLDEST days of our trip.

Our plan was to walk through the countries, we figured if we stayed moving we wouldn't notice the cold so much. We would go back to the resort later, probably after lunch and then come back for Illuminations that night, we would dress for the cold temps then.

We stepped off the bus at Epcot and I was not feeling Disney world at all that day. I told Lo that I just wanted to go back to the resort and relax, I was so done with being cold all the time. She said she was up for anything I wanted to do, but then I remembered that this might be my only chance to pick up the candy that Jim had asked for. The boy doesn't ask for much so when he does ask for something I am all about getting it for him. I didn't trust our plans to come back later that night for Illuminations, so just to be safe I said I'd try and carry on.

We weren't ready to head straight to the countries yet. We needed to go Soar one more time. We knew it would be a long wait so we decided that we would get FP's for later.
We got to the building and Lo's knees were hurting her, so I told her to sit on the bench and I would go down stairs for th FP's. It wasn't super crowded on the steps, but down at the FP machines it was full of people. I patiently waited my turn and then saw a machine that nobody was using, there wasn't a sign saying out of order so I gambled and stepped out of line to give it a try. I put my card in and it literally shot a FP out with such force it hit the floor then it shot my card out with such force it hit me.:lmao: I put lo's card in and the same thing happened. I thought it was the funniest thing and was laughing all the way back up stairs where I told Lo about it.

Our FP return time wasn't until after 4. So we left and headed over to find Nemo. We found him, it's not that hard.
Lo thought the ride was cute but lacking spunk. I agree with Lo.
We walked through the photo opps area but we didn't take any pictures in there, I don't remember why. I think I figured I had enough and Lo didn't really care if she got her picture in there or not. She's not a scrapbooker.

Really I only took a few pictures that day, it just wasn't a camera kind of day.

But I did do another first for me, Lo said it was a must do. We went in for turtle talk with crush. It was so much fun. Crush was hilarious. One mother ketp going down front and whispering something in her DD's ear. Then when Crush called on her he said, "You right there in the orange shell, what's your mother question?"

the mom turned red and laughed, she tried to say it was something else but the girl totally ratted her mom out to crush.

"My mom said to ask you if you have a girlfriend?"

And I can't remember his answer, it was funny I know that, everything he said was funny. One boy asked Crush why he didn't talk into the microphone that was hanging down in the tank. And crush said, "Can't you hear me dude?" then he swam over to the microphone and spoke loud into it, it was muffled even and then he smacked the microphone and it made aloud bang noise.

I enjoyed that show so much and cross another first off of my list.

We went into the small shop there and I bought a really cool necklace,
tree.jpg

It's so eco looking. A hippie would love it. I'm not making that up either, I work with a hippie and she has never commented on any of my Disney jewelry except for that one. Her name is Kayla, but I call her Moonbeam.

I also got Reese a bracelet.

It was after lunch now and I was ready to munch on some grindage. (I watched the son-in-law a few days ago;))

We were tired of burgers and chicken tenders, I didn't think Lo would ever tire of it, but she did. I thought we should try one of the places in the countries, I am always up for trying new foods. I have to avoid Mexican though, I love Mexican food, but it kills my tummy. Lo does not like to try new foods, so in the end we stayed within Lo's comfort zone and we went to the Electric Umbrella for the 3rd time that trip.

We both got chicken tenders and fries again.

As we were eating Lo and I were making plans for our DTD day. We were considering bringing Baby Rose and seeing what kind of situations we would find ourselves in with her. then Lo remembered that she had a Christmas order for a doll and forgot to order the hair for it so she called her friend Steph who was staying at Lo's house and taking care of Lo's daycare kids. A man came and sat at the table across from us right after our baby Rose conversation, this is pertinent to the story.

Lo called Steph and this is how the call went.

"Steph, I need you to go into my dead body room and see if there is any straight brown hair. Are you in the room yet? ok now go over to the cabinet and I think it's the second drawer down is where I keep the hair and eyes.

No, no, that's the wrong cabinet, that only has limbs and torsos, the cabinet farthest from the door has hair, eyes and heads."

Do you see any straight brown hair?, no? I'm going to need some for my next job you're going to have to get it for me, I will call you tonight and talk you through it."

I was watching the guy, he was listening to Lo's side of the conversation and he started looking more and more disgusted, I busted out laughing and I choked on my food when he picked up his tray and went and got a table on the other side of the restaurant. The whole thing was so funny because Lo sounded and looked so serious, she was serious, only it was about dolls and not dead people.

After Lo hung up I told her about the guy and she thought it was hilarious. especially when I showed her what his face looked like when she said, "Go into the dead body room." :eek:

I always thought she called it her dead body room because that is where she kept her doll parts, but she explained to me that when Ed and her were looking at the house and they did a walk through, that room off the basement family room was so cold she had remarked, "It's so cold, you could keep dead bodies in here and no one would know." and from that day on it was referred to as the dead body room.

We picked at our food, neither one of us could finsih all of it, I was so sick of chicken tenders, the taste was blech!!! I sipped at my soda trying to prolong going back out into the cold. Nothing ruins a Disney trip like when you are so cold. But Lo forced me to get up and move out the door. I suggested we go into mousegears and look at purses. Lo had been eyeing a couple of the Dooneys since day one. I just wanted to stay inside as long as possible, at store would be warm.

I don't know how I missed it before, but as soon as we walked in I saw a coat. not a cute little DIsney fleece jacket, but a full on fuzzy warm Minnie mouse winter coat. I ran right to it, "Oh it looks so warm." I tried it on, "It is warm, and so comfortable, I want it."

Lo said, "Buy it."

But that would take up alot of my Disney shopping fundage, I am all about quantity, I wanted to buy lots of earings and stuff like that, not an $80.00 coat. But I thought this coat could save the rest of this vacation, it would enhance my style, not cramp it.

But I did it. I got in line to buy it. I don't know why I called my mom and asked her what she thought. She said, "Honey if you're cold and need a coat, then buy it. Will you wear it outside of Disney world though?"

I gave it a thought or two. "I'm Disney nerd enough to do that." So there was no second guessing my decision to buy the coat, and then my mom said she would send me the extra money if I were to get her the castle blanket. So I did that too.
While I was standing in line though a guy gave me coupon for 20 percent off my purchase, then it just seemed like the super right thing to do. Even though I wasn't second guessing this purchase anymore, saving money on the purchase was just the stars aligning to back me up.

"No thank you, I don't need a bag I will be wearing this out of the store."

I was ready to face the cold. I opened that door and a blast of cold air hit me. It's so much more bearable when your torso is warm. My legs and face were still cold but I could handle that.

From there we headed to world showcase. My whole out look on the rest of the day changed, I wasn't dreading anything. I was warm, and people in passing even said, "You look warm" The only downside to that was people wanted to pet me too. "Ooooh, your coat is so soft."

"Yea I know, I have a fuzzy coat, but I am still human and like most humans I don't like feeling that I am the main attraction at a petting zoo." I never said this to anyone, I just thought it very loudly in my head and hoped they could hear.

We passed up Mexico and pretty much headed straight to Norway. There was a candy there that Jim had liked and I wanted to get it for him. It's raspberry gummie things, they almost taste like the swedish gummie fish but they have a harder texture and are super raspberry tasting. I found it right away, and then I checked out the perfume that Camille told me about called Leila. OMGosh, it was devine smelling, and if I wasn't wearing an $80.00 coat with a 20 percent discount, I know for sure I would have owned the $50 perfume. I just couldn't bring myself to put out that much money so close to my other big Purchase....so next time it will be mine. I did give myself a pretty good spritz though, then I spritzed some on the paper tester and dropped it into my bag so I could smell it through out the day.

I had planned to try the school bread and wouldn't you know it, I plum forgot about it when I was there.

I took my picture with the troll. That's one Disney photo opp that I had yet to do. Another thing crossed off my list.
mydis049.jpg

I'm late to the party but I just spent 2 days reading and getting caught up on your TR and I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
Hey, welcome. :flower3: It's ok if your late, there's still plenty of fun left to be had and you can join in now. Glad to have you here.

Your slackin! :goodvibes

movieshowpopcorn.gif

Yup, true dat. But thanks for lighting a fire under me.

I always smile when I tune in to my TR and see that you have visted:goodvibes.

you know, I'm not a fan of the world in the cold - there was a big cold snap when we were there last year and it was terrible!

super cute coat....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter