This freezing weather is crampin my style! A Dec 2010 TR

Hi girl! Back from a hospital vacay and finally ready to read more...you are heading to the laundry room and I am sore from laughing.

You are the best writer here...frosting vs carrot cake eater makes you just better! :lovestruc

TY!!! I found your report. You sure are bringing the funny, as always!!! I totally understand about the magic. I wasn't feeling it at all on my last trip. I'm thinking it was because we didn't start out at the Magic Kingdom?? Who knows....

I vow to do my best coming back here to read your report. Your posts just make my day!!!

So that's how that Coke bottle got there.:rotfl2:
Yes, it was all Lo. So you saw it too? I hope you didn't trip over it or anything, can I call you as a witness if this goes to court? I mean Lo is my friend and all, but you just can't be littering at Disney, it's unamerican.

Hi girl! Back from a hospital vacay and finally ready to read more...you are heading to the laundry room and I am sore from laughing.

You are the best writer here...frosting vs carrot cake eater makes you just better! :lovestruc
So glad you're out of the hospital, I am praying that the Dr's fix you up for good!

So you feel me on that whole eat the frosting and let the cake go. Sometines there are hard choices in life, I like to think I always make the best one.

TY!!! I found your report. You sure are bringing the funny, as always!!! I totally understand about the magic. I wasn't feeling it at all on my last trip. I'm thinking it was because we didn't start out at the Magic Kingdom?? Who knows....

I vow to do my best coming back here to read your report. Your posts just make my day!!!

Hi busy lady. I am super stoked that you are here. I missed you.

I was freaking out about not feeling the same magic I always felt, I still can't really pin point what it was, I still had the best time and laughed off a a couple thousand calories though.

WE were super hungry and on our way to Toy Story Pizza planet, I was more excited for there always fresh salads than I was for the pizza, I just felt like such a garbage gut and really wanted to pretend for a minute I was a healthy eater.

We passed by the back lot tour and had decided that since we had both seen it and both thought it to be just meh, we could skip it for now and maybe consider it for later after we had done everything else. so onward we went, then we got to the streets of America. We took our time looking at the buildings. I had never really looked around there before, I would just pass on through. But that day I took it all in and saw things that I hadn't seen before. The key is to look up.
mydis083.jpg

We then took a right and ended up on the street that reminds me of where the Huxtables, or is it Huckstables? lived. I always wanted a stoop. You don't have stoops in the country, you have porches, I like my porch, but a stoop seems so cool. When I was a kid growing up in Germany and we lived in apartment buildings I was never lucky enough to live in one with a stoop, some of my friends had stoops and we would hang out on them and watch people walk by. It was a way of life for the stoop people. And sometimes people walking by would stop and hang out on the stoop with us. I don't think I would trade in my porch for a stoop now though. I like my porch swing, and when it rains you can still sit out on your porch because most porches have an over hang while most stoops don't. And there you have it, my life thoughts on stoops and porches. I hope I have answered any questions you might have had about that subject.
mydis096.jpg

There was a lady there when I was getting my picture next to the stoop of my dreams and she was so excited that she found the purple rabbit. Of course hearing purple rabbit I was intrigued and asked her about it.
She said every year Disney hides a purple rabbit in the spectacle of lights and it was a tradition for her and her husband to find it. She said some years it takes hours for them to find it but that this year they had only been looking for half an hour.
Something new I learned about Disney, I was surprised that I had never read about it on the Disboards. Lo and I said we would have to come back and look at it when it was all lit up and see if it was easier to spot that way.
I took Lo's picture on the streets of San Fransisco. She is an original Cali girl and spent lot's of time in San Fransisco. I am telling you this woman has some wild child stories to tell.

We finished up our sight seeing there and inched closer to our lunch destination, then I saw Lightening Mcqueen and Tow Mater. Lo had no choice but to stop so I could get my picture with them. She is not a wait in line to see the characters kind of person. So I told her I could skip character meet-n-greets unless it's a character I haven't met yet.

The line wasn't too long so with a heavy sigh and a roll of the eyes Lo got in line with me. When it was my turn I felt a little wierd, not because I was a childless adult in line to met some characters (the only one there) but because I was afraid of offending the cars, would they care if I leaned on them? I realized in the same thought that they weren't really real, but I thought of them as real and that's what made me feel a little wierd.
mydis098.jpg

mydis099.jpg

But still it was good times. As I walked away they gave a little rev of their engines, it startled me and I jumped. Lo laughed and said I looked rediculous.

So good times over and moving on to lunch I felt like I needed to really work up my appetite, so I stopped to build a snowman, yes I told you it was cold there, you didn't believe me though did you? so here is the proof, snow...and a snowman.
mydis023.jpg

By then I had a huge appetite and I was withering away to nothing, so with no more stops we headed straight to Pizza Planet. We found a nice table outside in the sun. I left Lo there to guard our table and I went and got in line.

It was a very long and slow moving line. I studied the menu and was heartbroken to see that they no longer had the fresh salad with your choice of dressing, it was now just a caesar salad with dressing included. Lo does not like caesar, (the dressing, I don' know how she feels about Caesar the dog whisperer, or Caeser Agustus, I've never asked)

What bummed me the most though was I liked getting the fresh salad with Italian dressing but I would also get the ranch dressing to dip my pizza in. They totally took half the fun out of the place when they removed the dressing selection.

I was able to order a plain Caesar salad and they gave me italian dressing on the side, (I asked if they had ranch and was given a big old NO!) Lo could probably hang with that. I myself love caesar, (the dressing and the dog whisperer) so my order was a veggie pizza, full on caeser salad and a rice crispie treat. I got Lo the pepperoni, blank salad and the rice crispy treat.

I found her facebooking at the table. "Put the phone away, it's time to eat." I felt like I was with Reese for that minute, I never expected to have to talk to my adult friend like that, but c'mon, it's food time. The only way to fully enjoy Disney food is to not be side tracked. You have to look at your food and say, "mmm, this looks so goooood." Then take a bite and say, "mmmm, this tastes sooo gooood."

I did wish that I had gotten the pepperoni pizza instead of the veggie, I liked the veggie but it lacked the pizazz that only pepperoni can bring. Remember I was trying to do the healthy thing, even if just for that one meal. My salad was super good, but I missed cherry tomatos to crunch down onto. Why Disney? Why did you trade in the fresh garden salad for Caeser? Why?

The family at the table next to us was in full Disney melt down. It's always a sad thing to see, even worse when it's yourself in the meltdown, I always have at least one meltdown, but I try hard to keep it as private as possible.

The poor man could not do anything right by his wife. He ordered the wrong thing, she wanted cookies, and he got rice crispy treats, and he ordered her diet coke which really sent her in a tissy. "Are you saying I'm fat and need to cut calories?"

Soda flew out of my nose and I choked hard. Lo's eyes grew bigger than her head. wow! The way the rest of his vacation plays out will depend on his answer.

Lo and I leaned a little closer to their table, "You're the one who said you couldn't zip your pants up today and it was all the coke you were drinking, I thought I was doing you a favor."

Wrong answer dude. She pushed her food away from her and said she was only drinking water the rest of the trip because he thought she was fat. So he threw her pizza in the trash and then she flipped out on him for wasting food, they could have saved it for later incase he was hungry. the guy threw his arms up in the air and got up to leave, she shouted at him. "where do you think you're going?"

"To the bathroom if that's ok with you."

"Here take junior (not really the babys name) and change his diaper."

This was Lo:eek:

I was hoping that would be the only Disney meltdown I would witness.
Lo and I discussed the meltdown and the enevitability of them. It happens to the best of people. You get tired and even the Disney adrenalin runs out soon you're running on nothing but emotions, when you've played through all of those the only thing left is the meltdown, for some it's like pushing a restart button, it's out of the system and time to move on. For others it means game over. I didn't know what would happen to that family, I hoped they woud work it out and end their trip on a good note.

Kent and I had our Disney meltdown on day 3 back in 2006. the odds were stacked against us from the beginning, he went into the trip already decided that he was going to hate it. We were new to the whole Disney thing and also thought it would be our only trip so we took the parks commando and with the heat beating down on us we gave up the magic and settled into despair. We made up later and was able to gain control of the trip again, but that memory of feeling angry enough to spit still haunts my memories of my first trip to Disney.

My second Disney trip with my old business partner and our daughters my melt down happened in the bathroom of our hotel room. I just couldn't take the constant clutter and messines of the two of them, plus all they did was fight, I mean screaming matches for the whole resort to hear. I locked myself in the bathroom and just bawled.

My 3rd Disney trip I had a slight meltdown at Hollywood Studios, just a little tiff with my mother, I cried on sunselt blvd, but I was wearing sunglasses and nobody knew except Marzi and my mom. But mom and I talked it out and moved on.

That brings us to my 4th trip and you'll just have to wait and see if I had a meltdown on this one.

We finished up our lunch. What I like about eating with Lo is she isn't an eat n go person, and neither am I. I like to eat and then let the food settle while we talk.

After the food had settled and a few phone calls were made home. We got up and went to the muppets 3-D show. This was another one that Lo had not done on her trip. she said really this park was done on a day when they were exhausted and at the end of their rope, they did what they could but left early and didn't see or do much of anything.

We just missed a show that was starting so we had to wait quite awhile for the next one. We watched the preshow, but it was getting boring, there's only so much of the same we can take.
When we were allowed into the theater there weren't alot of people so basically we all got to sit in the center of the theater. I used to really love this show but not so much anymore, I wasn't excited for it and the 3-Dness wasn't all that thrilling anymore. I closed my eyes and took a little nap.

That little refresher was all I needed. I woke up feeling good and ready for some more Hollywood.

Lo thought it was a cute show and knew her kids would love it. She felt bad that they had missed so much but she also felt good and excited that she had some new things to show them on their next trip. She was in agreement with me though that this show falls way short when compared to Philharmagic.

It became the the thing to do that once we left a show or ride we would always stop and shop for a bit. It only helps that most rides have you exiting through the store anyway, but we pruposefully sought out the muppet shop.

Hey babe, this is the first time in probably a month maybe longer that I've actually gotten on the Dis and not just to head over to Liesa's TR. I'm a bad friend. :guilty: I'm not on for days and then it takes me forever to catch up on her TR and then I never get to anyone else's. :rolleyes:

Doesn't mean I don't love you. :lovestruc Thanks for giving me a shout out in the start of your report. :goodvibes Your such a riot, I love your funny report so far. Your humor always catches me off gaurd and keeps me in stitches. :rotfl2:
I can't wait to read more, I'm off to catch up! :yay:

I am not a huge fan of the Muppet store. They have a few good things, but really there is not enough muppet stuff to buy. I would have loved muppet earings, bracelet, necklace, watch, charm, pin, anything like that, they have some shirts and some mugs, but really the choices are so limited.

One thing Lo bought for her daughter Desi, was a super cute hate. This kind of hat is all the craze right now, it's the knitted ones with the ear flaps, some have funny designs or ears on them, I actually saw a kermit one, but Lo bought the beeker one, it had the big bubble eyes and the sticky up orange hair. Desi collects those hats and Lo had made her first souvenir/gift purchase of the trip.

I looked around and took some pictures, but not a single purchase was made by me in that store.

Growing up my sister and I loved the muppets, we never missed an episode. I even had a muppets lunch box.
My sister was a huge Kermit fan. Every time my mom would buy something muppety for us, she would get my sister Bo a kermit and I would get a miss Piggy.:headache: I didn't like Piggy, I never even hinted that I liked Piggy. I was a tomboy so the obvious thing would be any character but the pig in a dress. But I would never say anything, I didn't want to be ungrateful. So my sister had a nice Kermit collection displayed on her shelf and I had a Pig in a dress collection that was displayed in the far corner under my bed.

Then one day while watching the muppets I blurted out "I love Fozzy, he's my favorite." Mom was floored and asked me when I changed my mind. I told her Fozzy was always my favorite and from then on she got me fozzy paraphanelia. the only Fozzy thing I saved from my childhood was a christmas ornament of Fozzy on ice skates.
mydis022.jpg

I still like Fozzy but my heart now belongs to
mydis021.jpg

I'm a Kermit lover now. Bo claims to be the original Kermit lover and I guess that is supposed to mean something to me, but whatev!

We moved on from that store and headed to Tatooine. I'm not really sure if it's Tatooine, but it looks like it from one of the Star Wars movies, so that is what I call it.
Star Tours was down for refurb. A little happy dance played out in my mind because that ride makes me sick unless I can sit in the very front row, it's a gamble when you get in line, in the past trips I had always scored the front row, (exceptf or my first ever trip) but I wasn't in the mood to push my luck and l thankfully I din't have to.

We went into the store anyway though, Lo's youngest boy Joey is a Star Wars fan, actually more of a star wars weapon fan. At first Lo had built him a light saber, how special that would be to him, he already had all of the lightsabers out there, but now he would have a mom original, and trust me, Joey is a sentimental kid, he would totally appreciate that. But then Lo saw a weapon that was actually 3 weapons in one and it had a thing that would make it spin. I could already see Joey flying around the family room with this is in his hand. He has really good technique ya know, his motions when attacking/defending are fluid. So Lo put back the saber and ought him the uber cool double sided spinny but can detatch to make 2 swords weapon. It has a name, it's real techinical but I don't remember the name.
Anyway, Lo had made her second souvenir/gift purchase of the day. @ kids down, 3 to go. Oh and a husband.

I purchased, nothing...again. But I did hang out with Yoda for a while, I asked him how he managed to look so good at the age of 800, he told me it was swamp mud facials.
mydis024.jpg

Shopping was really starting to get old by that time. I wanted some rides. So we made our way back towards the front of the park. We wanted to go on the great movie ride. That was another one that Lo and her family missed.

On the way we passed a dinosour. He was a cute guy and Lo just had to feed him.
mydis025.jpg

I told her that Disney frowns on tourists feeding the wild life. She ignored me and kept feeding him anyway. I was worried we going to get kicked out of the park but luckily none of the CM's saw her doing this. She promised that she would behave for the rest of the day.

We heqaded to TGMR and got in line, it was a decent size line. I didn't mind it so much, it was starting to get a little more chilly outside and being indoors was nice. The line in there moves pretty rapidly though and we were loaing into our car soon enough.
Our guide was great. when we first got situated Lo took a look around and said it looked cheesey, it reminded her of the the little ride through at Hershey park.
"Oh trust me Lo, you will not be disapointed with this, There are no singing cows."
I could see how she would think that but only until the ride gets moving and we go through the big set of doors. then it is on!

The look on Lo's face went from:eek: to:love: She was really enjoying it. We are both in agreement that the scene from the wizard of Oz is the best. The gangster lady that hijacked us was so much fun and super into character, she was believable and it made the ride even more fun.

With each new ride Lo went on at HS she would say who at home would love it the most. "Desi will love this, Joey will go crazy for that..."

We exited TGMR feeling good.
"What's next Ty?"

I started naming things, mostly all that was left was shows and we still had yet another day at HS planned. So we decided to hit up our favorite rides again and then save the shows for our next HS day.

We headed back to Sunset Blvd. for another ride on ToT. I could ride that over and over and never ever grow tired of it.

We passed the entrance for Phantasmic and people were lined up for it. I told Lo the show doesn't start for 2 hours and people were already staking their claim for the best viewing spot, that means the show must be amazing. We contemplated getting in that line and waitin git out, but then I remembered that I had planned this for my birthday on our next HS day. So we bypassed the line. But a CM had heard us talking and told us there would be a second showing at 8pm. That gave us something to think about.

There was a line for ToT, not a huge one the posted sign said 20, I don't know why we didn't use our FP, there was a reason for it at the time, I just don't remember what it was.
A Dad with his 2 young girls didn't want to wait that long, the one girl said, "Too bad, I'm not leaving this line." It was funny cause the Dad just picked her up like she weighed nothing and said "We're leavin." She was kicking and screaming, "You're not being fair."

If he had only stuck around though because we really only waited about 10 minutes all together.

In line in the boiler room we chose to go all the way to the end and we witnessed another meltdown, this wasn't a typical I'm over tired meltdown though, it was a total fear of being in there meltdown.
I'll call the girl little red because she had the most fiery red hair I have ever seen on a child. With each step taken closer to the elevator she would panic and scream making her mother promise yet again that she wasn't going to make her ride it. She was begging to turn around and go back the way they came in but the mom said they had to wait for the CM to escort them out. Little Red wasn't having it, she was yanking and pulling her mothers arm and screaming in sheer terror, she looked like a wild child. Her mother got fed up with little reds screams and told her to shut up or she was going to make her ride it. Yeah...that didn't help, poor little red, I really felt so bad forher, I can't imagine her fear. We told the mother to just cut to the front and have the CM's take them out now but then the mother informed us that her son wanted to ride so her and her husband were going to swap. I don't know how the swap works so I just let it go.

When the CM's did escort them out little Red was screaming for her Daddy then, she said, "Daddy, it's not safe, come with me now."

Heart wrenching I tell ya.

Hey babe, this is the first time in probably a month maybe longer that I've actually gotten on the Dis and not just to head over to Liesa's TR. I'm a bad friend. :guilty: I'm not on for days and then it takes me forever to catch up on her TR and then I never get to anyone else's. :rolleyes:

Doesn't mean I don't love you. :lovestruc Thanks for giving me a shout out in the start of your report. :goodvibes Your such a riot, I love your funny report so far. Your humor always catches me off gaurd and keeps me in stitches. :rotfl2:
I can't wait to read more, I'm off to catch up! :yay:
Aww Camille:woohoo: ya , you're here. :hug:
I was secretly hoping you would come over. I know what you mean about Leisa's TR, I miss one day and it means hours of catch up. But it's good times over there.

You are so NOT! a bad friend, you got me through some of the lowest points of my life so in my eyes, heart and mind you are the best friend ever.

Gobble, gobble, munch, munch, crunch!!! popcorn::
:lmao: Ha! got one!

Growing up my sister and I loved the muppets, we never missed an episode. I even had a muppets lunch box.
My sister was a huge Kermit fan. Every time my mom would buy something muppety for us, she would get my sister Bo a kermit and I would get a miss Piggy.:headache: I didn't like Piggy, I never even hinted that I liked Piggy. I was a tomboy so the obvious thing would be any character but the pig in a dress. But I would never say anything, I didn't want to be ungrateful. So my sister had a nice Kermit collection displayed on her shelf and I had a Pig in a dress collection that was displayed in the far corner under my bed.

Then one day while watching the muppets I blurted out "I love Fozzy, he's my favorite." Mom was floored and asked me when I changed my mind. I told her Fozzy was always my favorite and from then on she got me fozzy paraphanelia. the only Fozzy thing I saved from my childhood was a christmas ornament of Fozzy on ice skates.
mydis022.jpg

I still like Fozzy but my heart now belongs to
mydis021.jpg

I'm a Kermit lover now. Bo claims to be the original Kermit lover and I guess that is supposed to mean something to me, but whatev!

I love Kermie!!! We used to watch the Muppet show as kids too. My brother's sophomore year the choir did "Sesame Street" the musical and he was Kermit. He sang "It's Not that Easy Being Green" and some 3 part song with Bert & Ernie I don't remember the name, but the lines were Ernie - "I can only sing the high part"; Kermit "can only sing the middle part"; and Bert "can only sing the low part". Since that time Bret and Kermit were an ongoing thing. When Bret died just over 2 years ago, we really turned up the Kermit-love around here. There were some Lenox China Christmas ornaments of Kermit in a Santa suit. I got one for each of my 3 boys. There was also a Kermit Lenox figurine where he is sitting on a bench holding a bouquet of flowers with a birthstone in the middle. I got one of those for my mom. For myself, I am always picking up new Kermit souvenirs down there. I have the bobble head, and the new stuffed Kermit (that looks home made), a couple Kermit Vinylmations. I always look for new Kermit stuff to add to my Disney shelves.

Ok - now back to the rest of your update.....

I'll call the girl little red because she had the most fiery red hair I have ever seen on a child. With each step taken closer to the elevator she would panic and scream making her mother promise yet again that she wasn't going to make her ride it. She was begging to turn around and go back the way they came in but the mom said they had to wait for the CM to escort them out. Little Red wasn't having it, she was yanking and pulling her mothers arm and screaming in sheer terror, she looked like a wild child. Her mother got fed up with little reds screams and told her to shut up or she was going to make her ride it. Yeah...that didn't help, poor little red, I really felt so bad forher, I can't imagine her fear. We told the mother to just cut to the front and have the CM's take them out now but then the mother informed us that her son wanted to ride so her and her husband were going to swap. I don't know how the swap works so I just let it go.

When the CM's did escort them out little Red was screaming for her Daddy then, she said, "Daddy, it's not safe, come with me now."

Heart wrenching I tell ya.

Ahhh....that poor little girl. Although, I see that she wanted to save her Daddy....but wasnt there a brother in the family too:rolleyes: Must not have been worried about his safety :lmao:

I am here too!!! :goodvibes

Ahhh the disney meltdowns. I have had at least one every trip. It is safe to say that lately my meltdowns have been reduced to snits and they are very shortlived. Probably because the family doesn't come with me anymore.:confused3 :rotfl:

A nice warm day at DHS. At least it looks warmer than here where it is cold gray and rainy.

I am a muppet lover too - Love the old guys in the balcony, Waldorf and Statler.

If you feed the Dino he will only grow bigger:rotfl2:

Okay, biting on the first update! Thanks for the stoop/porch info! It's so good to know. :rotfl2: How cool that you are maybe the first to talk about the purple rabbit on the DIS! What a trend setter you are!

I hope there are no meltdowns - you are having so much fun! We have tried to make extra time to relax and rest, and to eat before our blood sugar gets too low, so I have to say I can't remember any meltdowns, but I know I have seen plenty. guess I'm an :littleangel: :rotfl2:

Part 2!

Too bad you didn't find any muppet souvies you loved! Funny about the Miss Piggy. I was just reminding my mom how she always bought my teeny tiny cute little sister pink things, and amazon woman me the blue. I thought it was because she was more feminine than me! Now as an adult I know it's because blue was my favorite color!:goodvibes

I love TGMR too! I know it's not popular on the DIS, but it's just so kitchy.

Looking forward to more!popcorn::

Aww Camille:woohoo: ya , you're here. :hug:
I was secretly hoping you would come over. I know what you mean about Leisa's TR, I miss one day and it means hours of catch up. But it's good times over there.

You are so NOT! a bad friend, you got me through some of the lowest points of my life so in my eyes, heart and mind you are the best friend ever.

Awwww. :hug:
I'm surprised you didn't mention riding RnR, what's the dealio? :confused3

Enjoying every installment! popcorn::
Thank you, I happy you like it.

I love Kermie!!! We used to watch the Muppet show as kids too. My brother's sophomore year the choir did "Sesame Street" the musical and he was Kermit. He sang "It's Not that Easy Being Green" and some 3 part song with Bert & Ernie I don't remember the name, but the lines were Ernie - "I can only sing the high part"; Kermit "can only sing the middle part"; and Bert "can only sing the low part". Since that time Bret and Kermit were an ongoing thing. When Bret died just over 2 years ago, we really turned up the Kermit-love around here. There were some Lenox China Christmas ornaments of Kermit in a Santa suit. I got one for each of my 3 boys. There was also a Kermit Lenox figurine where he is sitting on a bench holding a bouquet of flowers with a birthstone in the middle. I got one of those for my mom. For myself, I am always picking up new Kermit souvenirs down there. I have the bobble head, and the new stuffed Kermit (that looks home made), a couple Kermit Vinylmations. I always look for new Kermit stuff to add to my Disney shelves.

Ok - now back to the rest of your update.....
I am so sorry to hear about your brother, but what a fun and great way to honor his memory. Thank you for sharing that.

Ahhh....that poor little girl. Although, I see that she wanted to save her Daddy....but wasnt there a brother in the family too:rolleyes: Must not have been worried about his safety :lmao:
:lmao:, No she didn't seem too worried about her brother at all.

I am here too!!! :goodvibes

Ahhh the disney meltdowns. I have had at least one every trip. It is safe to say that lately my meltdowns have been reduced to snits and they are very shortlived. Probably because the family doesn't come with me anymore.:confused3 :rotfl:

I think I can now recognize when a meltdown is about to happen, each year it gets easier.
A nice warm day at DHS. At least it looks warmer than here where it is cold gray and rainy.

That was the warmest of all the days I was there, except there was an hour later in the week where the sun was bright and I was able to take of my jacket for a bit.
And now, I would give anything to be back there, even the coldest day on that trip was still better than what it is right now, I just wish the snow would stop and the temps would rise.

I am a muppet lover too - Love the old guys in the balcony, Waldorf and Statler.
Those guys are awesome, I liked the mug with them on it that said, "Old, it beats dead."
If you feed the Dino he will only grow bigger:rotfl2:
He's pretty big now.
Lovin' the update Ty!
Thank you.

Okay, biting on the first update! Thanks for the stoop/porch info! It's so good to know. :rotfl2: How cool that you are maybe the first to talk about the purple rabbit on the DIS! What a trend setter you are!
That would be cool if I were the first to mention the purple rabbit, but there are somany people on the DIS and so many forums and threads, I am sure sombody had to of mentioned it before. But really I get so much info from here I was super surprised I didn't know that tid bit of info.
I hope there are no meltdowns - you are having so much fun! We have tried to make extra time to relax and rest, and to eat before our blood sugar gets too low, so I have to say I can't remember any meltdowns, but I know I have seen plenty. guess I'm an :littleangel: :rotfl2:
Sometimes the meltdowns are natures way of making you take a stap back. I'm not saying it happened to me, I am not saying it didn't happen to me...but I have learned alot from past trips.
I never have to worry about my blood sugar dropping at Disney, I am always eating there. ALWAYS!

Part 2!

Too bad you didn't find any muppet souvies you loved! Funny about the Miss Piggy. I was just reminding my mom how she always bought my teeny tiny cute little sister pink things, and amazon woman me the blue. I thought it was because she was more feminine than me! Now as an adult I know it's because blue was my favorite color!:goodvibes

I love TGMR too! I know it's not popular on the DIS, but it's just so kitchy.

Looking forward to more!popcorn::
My mom always got me the blue stuff and my sister Bo always got pink, and if there was a set of something, like for example my mom bought us penny banks in germany, my sister got the little girl in a deryndal (SP?) and I got the boy in the liederhosen. I always got the boy stuff, yes I was a tomboy, but I was also a girl. And my favorite color was green, not blue.

TGMR is a good one, I like it and hope they always keep it around. An update or some added new scenes would be nice too though.

Awwww. :hug:
I'm surprised you didn't mention riding RnR, what's the dealio? :confused3

The dealio is I forgot to mention that RnR had broken down earlier in the day, that's why ToT was so crowded. But they eventually got it up and running towards evening.

Our second ride on ToT was just as awesome as the first. We got the front row and in my opinion you get more of a gut drop sitting in the front. Maybe it’s being right there when they open the door for us to see out, I don’t know, I just like the front row.

When the ride was over we took a little sit down for a rest. I had gone into the candy shop and got a mango slushie and this decadent peanut butter cup.
mydis027.jpg

Lo had gotten a cherry slushie and some sugar cookies. We people watched and did our professional commentary.

We watched a mother dump her baby out of the stroller when coming down off the curb. I thought most people knew to tip the stroller back, but not this momma, she went full force and the baby, probably a year old fell right out. Several people came to the aid of the baby, she was crying hard but it didn’t look like she was bleeding, her elbow was pretty red and swollen though.

I called Kent while Lo was face booking. We didn’t have a whole lot to say. I just filled him in on my day and my plans for that night.

All that Lo and I were waiting for was for it to get dark enough to head back over and see the Osborne lights. I started feeling like I didn’t want to spend my birthday at HS after all, I felt like we ran out of stuff to do too fast, so I mentioned this to Lo. She said it was my birthday and we could go where ever I wanted. But the issue would be I would miss out on Fantasmic then. “I suppose I could wait and see it next time I come.”

Then Lo said, “Let’s rearrange our plans for tonight, and see what we can do.”

Our original plan was to see the lights then go to downtown Disney for some dinner and shopping. We would do RnR, the rest of the shows and Fantasmic on my birthday. But if we could get a fast pass for RnR, eat dinner at the park, take a walk through the lights we could still probably make it to Fantasmic that night and then I would spend my birthday at MK instead.. It was totally doable, so after we finished our snacks we ran over to RnR and checked out the FP return time, it was for 7pm, we grabbed two of those then started walking towards the commissary.

I got turned around and we ended up at the streets of America, the lights were dancing, so we decided to do that first, then do dinner.

It was spectacular as always. I took 1 picture, that was it,
mydis028.jpg

I took some video on my phone and sent it to a few people. But for the most part I just stood and watched. I got hit with the Christmas spirit at that moment. I was excited for Christmas decorations, I wanted to hang lights on my house. I hadn’t hung lights in years. We stuck around and listened to a few songs then started heading out of there. It got real jam packed at the exit area. We literally could only inch forward.

There has got to be a better way for crowd control in that area, the CM said they have to block a lot of the opening and make it one way so it doesn’t get too congested.

Ummm, have you seen the area there? You don’t think that is congested?

It was nuts and I was in full on panic mode. I lost control of my breathing, which is scary cause if I were to hyperventilate and pass out, I would be trampled. I was super close to vomiting. I just can’t be in such thick crowds for such a long period of time. Everything seems too loud all of a sudden and then I get a ringing in my ears and dry mouth. I hate crowds!

Lo was awesome, she kept telling me, “We’re almost there, I can see the opening now.” I knew she couldn’t see the opening, she’s 5’3” and I am almost 5’6” and couldn’t see above the crowd. But bless her for trying. It seemed like it took hours to get through that mess but I am sure in all reality it was maybe 10 minutes tops.

Once we were past that mess the streets opened up and were empty. The commissary was just a tiny walk up on the left. We went in to an empty place, there were maybe a dozen people and 6 lines open. So I gave Lo my bag and told her to go sit and I would get us our food. Not even a minute later a wall of people came charging in and I found myself stuck in the middle of another crowd. If I had my bag with my phone in it I would have Texted Lo and had her switch places with me, but I was on my own. And true to my typical bad line joojoo I was behind the dad who was ordering for eight and of course the order the first few times around wasn’t correct according to him.

Basically what should have taken 5 minutes took 20 and I was done for by the time I got to the table with our food. I was ready to eat and pack it in. There was no way in the world we were going to have enough time to eat, ride RnR and make it to Fantasmic. But Lo is a real trooper and said we wouldn’t give up. So she munched on her burger and I munched on my fried fish. I was really into the fries by the way. Our dessert was chocolate mouse, super yummy.

We finished up eating and headed back outside. I was hit with a wall of cold and found myself wishing that I had worn another jacket on top of the one I was already wearing.

RnR was happening. Everybody was there. Fortunately for us we had the fast pass and walked almost all the way up to the recording studio. We had just missed that session but it was a tiny wait for the next one. When we went in we positioned ourselves next to the door so we would be the first ones to head for the limousine. On a normal night it wouldn’t have mattered, we were never in a rush to get things done, but that night we were pushing it with wanting to get in Fantasmic. Our FP return time was for 7pm and it was 7:20pm when we went in to watch Aerosmith record.

The recording session was enjoyable, I think the only thing that would make it better is if they were to serve refreshments and maybe had some comfortable couches for us to sit on. I am not complaining, I am just giving an opinion. It was super nice of Steven to invite us all to the concert and give us back stage passes though. What a good guy. And I have to add after watching him as a judge on American Idol, even though I think he is a bit of an attention grabber, I like him even more. If I were to ever audition for American Idol I would hope that Steven would remember me from RnR. I would be all, “Hey Steve, it’s me Ty, remember I was at your recording session in Florida, at Hollywood studios, you gave my friend Lo and I backstage passes and even brought us to the concert in a stretch limo?”

He would totally remember me I am so sure, he would be all. ”OMG, Ty, yeah girl, I could never forget you.” And then I wouldn’t even have to audition for AI, they would just call me the winner. And then Steven and I would tour together. It would be magical music. Magical because that’s what would be needed to make my singing not so painful to listen to.

Lo and I were appointed the very front of the limo. It doesn’t take much to make us happy, and we had to high 5 each other on this most bodacious night of awesome luck. First being, seeing Aerosmith, then being invited to the concert then getting award winning seats for the ride.

We got into our limo and it pulled out onto the road. We were stopped at a red light for a few minutes.

On a serious note, this is the worst part of the ride, the anticipation of take off. I know exactly what it is going to do to my guts. We wait and wait. I started yelling, “I’m ready, just go, GO GO GO!” Lo is laughing at me, the people behind me are laughing at me. Then it happens, the countdown, Three, two, one, screeeeeeeeeeech! AAAAhhhhhhhhuuuuggghhhh!

Lo got the nervous giggles, what’s new? I just tried to keep my eyes open and enjoy the ride. But that night, I don’t know if it was just my age catching up to me, or the fried fish I had just eaten, but I no longer enjoyed RnR, a few seconds in I was ready to be out. I felt queazy like I had never felt queazy before. It’s not a good feeling. I had never gotten sick on a ride before and I was afraid I was going to add this as a first.

Finally and not a second too soon the ride was over. It stopped way back from the red carpet though and we sat and waited for a long time. Lo was getting antsy and wanted out of there. I was using the time to gain control of my intestines. A few loud and obnoxious burps followed by some very dainty ladylike “Excuse me’s” and I felt better.
My Dad hates it when I burp, I can out belch any man, in high school I took on the football team on a way to a game and beat them down! I was the belch queen! But the key to getting away with burping like a man and not being called a hog for it is to say in your most tiniest most dainty and feminine voice, “Excuse me.”

Oh and let me add that having our limo stuck in the tunnel area only amplified my burps. I did get a few “Good ones.” from a guy in the back of the limo. My mother would be so proud of me, she taught me everything I know.

The limo finally pulled up to the red carpet and Lo and I stepped out. We didn’t get to see our ride picture since it had already been shown while we were stuck on the ride. They did say we could go have them look it up for us, but we were in a bit of a hurry and passed on seeing our pictures. We decided that we were more than sure we looked totally hot in our picture and just knowing that was good enough for us.

We stopped for a quick potty break and then headed to Fantasmic. There wasn’t a line for it so we just walked and walked, I thought for sure we would eventually hit the end of the line. But we kept walking right up to the seating area. And there were tons and tons of seats available. We talked about going down closer to things and squeezing in as opposed to staying towards the back and having a row to ourselves. In the end we stayed towards the back thinking we would be in front of the crowds when it was over.

We had maybe a 5 minute wait. Sitting there on those metal bleachers was not helping me at all. I was shivering so hard….and loud. Sometimes my shivering almost seems violent, I have to soften it up a bit……

Picture if you can, me, frozen glazed over looking eyes, shaking in the cold and with each round of quivering shivers I let out a baaahhhh, or maaaahhhh. If you are going to shiver violently it’s always best to baah like a lamb. It makes freezing to death a little more bearable and kind of fun.

It wasn’t until the lights went down and the music started that it hit me, Holy Cow! I am finally going to see Fantasmic!! It had only taken me 4 trips to do it.

I got out my camera and snapped off 1 when I decided that was enough,
mydis029.jpg

I wanted to fully enjoy the show with both eyes! Maybe next time I go I will get some pictures, but I am so glad that I just sat back and really watched everything without having to worry about getting that perfect shot.

This truly is an amazing show and I could kick myself for waiting so long to actually see it. I can’t wait now for my next trip for my Mom and sister to see it too. I will have to go to it twice, once just to enjoy and then again to get some pictures for the scrapbook.

When they caught the water on fire I could feel the heat all the way up where I was sitting, it was so nice. I can’t imagine sitting close to it in the summer months though.

I sang the songs I knew and cheered on mickey when he was battling the bad guys. This show brought me to frozen tears. I cried ice chips.

When it was over we lead the crowd out of there. Lo and I needed to go to guest services to pick up our package. So we did that. The guy was super funny and super nice and asked us where we got our mickey gloves, he was quite impressed when we told him that we made them, just bought white gloves and used a fabric pen to draw on the lines. We are so GENIUS!

The super best news about the bus ride was we got to sit for the ride back. Our driver was bit wild and took a turn too sharp I slid right out of my chair. I had to hold on pretty tight after that. People were complaining that he was being too aggressive in his driving but he ignored us all. We did make it back to Pop in one piece. Yay! Let’s kiss the ground now.

We went into the store at Pop to pick up our picture from Epcot from the day before but they couldn’t find it and told us to come back again the next day. No worries, if they lost it they would accommodate us I’m sure.

We went back to the room and I will stop here for now.

I designed butt blankets that roll up really small and are insulated for that show and curb sitting for parades. They are mickey of course and about 1 1/2 feet square just big enough for a dry warm bum, they work great they are even water proof. The have made it so I can enjoy my faverite shows without freezing my bum off. Isn't that a wonderful show I'm not sure we are gonna get to see it this time, we will have to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter