Things you miss at Disney that should be brought back

I miss Figment. The real one. And I miss all the wonderful games afterwards, as opposed to an ad for Kodak.
I miss the tiki room.. My kids had no idea why I "made them sit through that horrible show"...I couldn't explain, I was in tears.
I miss just running into characters randomly, rather then having to pay for the right to see them, or waiting in lines.. (and never seeing Cinderella unless you pay the ransom.. um, I mean "price" for a meal with her)

OOOOHHH- I forgot- MY fave part of every trip when I was a kid-
stopping at the Penny Arcade on the way out! watching old tin-types, playing old games, etc... loved it!

I miss Figment. The real one. And I miss all the wonderful games afterwards, as opposed to an ad for Kodak.
I miss the tiki room.. My kids had no idea why I "made them sit through that horrible show"...I couldn't explain, I was in tears.
I miss just running into characters randomly, rather then having to pay for the right to see them, or waiting in lines.. (and never seeing Cinderella unless you pay the ransom.. um, I mean "price" for a meal with her)

I agree the "old" Tiki Room was much better.

What I really miss is swimming at the Fort beach, River Country, and the Train

I wish they would put the Meadow back at the Meadow Trading Post....:sad1:

senseless to destroy that green space.....

I wish they would put the Meadow back at the Meadow Trading Post....:sad1:

senseless to destroy that green space.....

I hated it from the time the fence went up. Oh well, when a CM says I can't fish on the bank down by the docks, I'll simply reply that my old fishing spot has campers parked on it now.

I have to say it would be Me, the wife, and the kids. I would love to have us all returned there. We were down in Late Feb for a week at the fort and hands down was the best vacation ever for our clan.

Disney-1.jpg

I haven't read all the pages, so not sure if it's been mentioned, but I wish they'd offer the family plan at the marina and bike rentals. Used to be that everyone in your party could rent the sea sprites, pontoon boats and bikes for a flat rate of some $200.00. Well worth it for us, given that we're five people. The kids had a blast and used the sea sprites every day for entire week. We rented the pontoon boat for a cruise around Bay Lake, and we rented bikes 4 times. They used to offer this at the WL and FW. Haven't seen it offered in a LONG time. One of things that Disney offered, that I wish they would bring back.

I haven't read all the pages, so not sure if it's been mentioned, but I wish they'd offer the family plan at the marina and bike rentals. Used to be that everyone in your party could rent the sea sprites, pontoon boats and bikes for a flat rate of some $200.00. Well worth it for us, given that we're five people. The kids had a blast and used the sea sprites every day for entire week. We rented the pontoon boat for a cruise around Bay Lake, and we rented bikes 4 times. They used to offer this at the WL and FW. Haven't seen it offered in a LONG time. One of things that Disney offered, that I wish they would bring back.

wow, i'd go for this too. wouldn't it be great if they threw in cart rental, yeh right.:rotfl:

On thing I really miss is River Country. DW and I use to sneak in at night and walk around the perimeter on the path with the wooden bridges. There were benches along the way beside the lake that provided a place to enjoy the view and get to know each other away from the kids in the camper.

Sigh sigh sigh

I miss the trams. We used to have the best time riding those. And it seemed that CM's who drove later at night were the best. We would just hop on the tram and ride. Probably sounds silly, but that is something I wish my kids could have done.

I miss the trams. We used to have the best time riding those. And it seemed that CM's who drove later at night were the best. We would just hop on the tram and ride. Probably sounds silly, but that is something I wish my kids could have done.

what trams?

Way back when....instead of the bus system at the Fort, they used to have these Trams to help you get around. In my families humble opinion...way more fun then riding the bus.

great idea! i think they would fit in better and probably alot less noisy. wonder why they stopped that?

Here is a video that features the old trams. I think there are two main reasons they were removed. One, they are not handicap accessible. Two, they are open-air, i.e. miserable to ride on in a rain storm (and as you may know, FL is not known for gentle rains, but swirling torrents of buckets pounding down for 5 minutes then everything is back to normal... just steamier! LOL). Anyhow, thought y'all might like the video.

Oh, and here is the upgraded trams they added later:
fwtram.jpg

:santa:

They could replace one of the buses with a tram the little boats are not handicap and they are open ait and they still run them and we ride them in the rain:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter