Things you miss at Disney that should be brought back

Discussion in 'Camping Community Board' started by poohbearwithme, Aug 25, 2008.

1. poohbearwithme

poohbearwithme I don't believe in Tag Fairies....whoops

I was wondering if any of you have a favorite ride or show that you think Disney should not have closed or taken down :sad: and that you feel should be brought back. One of my all time favorites that I miss is the Skyway from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. (Boy these things sure came in handy when you were tired from walking) I never did get to go the River Country but I wish I would have gotten to see it. What are some you miss???

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. specialkidsmom

specialkidsmom Earning My Ears

cheaper tickets:rotfl2:

4. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!

Hunchback show at MGM

5. poohbearwithme

poohbearwithme I don't believe in Tag Fairies....whoops

Okay, I will have to agree with that one. Also, do you remember when they did not ever expire and you could use the unused days at anytime. Now you have to pay for them not to expire. (and that is not a cheap opition.)

6. Gatordad

Gatordad <font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al

you are my hero

7. g8trmom1

g8trmom1 <font color=darkorchid>Hi, I'm Gatordad's wife....

River Country

8. AuburnJen92

AuburnJen92 DIS Veteran

sites that are affordable

9. YodaGirl

YodaGirl DIS Veteran

You can keep the skyway! It stopped once on us for what seemed to be about 30 minutes (I was 7 or 8, so maybe the times aren't accurate :laughing: ). Anyway, my brother decided that it would be an awesome time to get the cart to swing back and forth. I thought for sure that we were going to fall! My goodness, I'm getting cold sweats just thinking about it! :scared1:

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. :(

10. Shan-man

Shan-man ¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

I used to love DreamFlight. I loved the forced perspective dioramas. It's kind of bittersweet now to ride Space Ranger Spin and go through the "jet engine" effect... it's nice that part of DreamFlight remains, but it reminds me that the best parts are on the scrap heap. But I really like Buzz so that makes it easier, unlike the lame Pooh area that replace 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA... scrapped for a little playground, seriously?! I really liked the skyway, too. But I understand why that had to go. I spent a couple of summers as a security guard at Six Flags and those buckets were a constant source of strife: spitting, dropping stuff, shouting improprieties, drugs, ***, you name it. That one ride occupied about 5 guards' time.

At Epcot, I still mourn the loss of both World of Motion and Horizons. If nothing else they should have kept the post-show area of WoM, it was way better than what they have at TestTrack. If they were going to replace pavilions with rides why wouldn't they start with Wonders of Life? Oh, and the EPCOT Outreach resource center with all their technology related handouts... I loved that place!

But those are gone forever. The one thing I miss that they could, should, and really must bring back are happy CM's who love their jobs and cherish the Disney legacy.

11. Shan-man

Shan-man ¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

Oh, a couple more: I miss Country Bears sounding live (as opposed to the horribly worn soundtrack they have now) And I miss the film at France looking and sounding so vibrant that you felt you were there.

12. BigDaddyRog

BigDaddyRog <font color=red>Ask me about my cartoon pitch<br><

Amen.

13. bradisgoofy

bradisgoofy Retiring Oct 2015, moving to FL and becoming a CM

The Imaginarium Studios at DHS where you could watch them drawing the next Disney animation. I remember when they were doing the Lion King.

BTW, the Skyway ride was closed due to the long que lines and the slow turn over in riders.

14. Born 2 Fish

Born 2 Fish I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

Every single thing that Disney has taken away from us over the years because they think that we AREN'T PAYING ENOUGH MONEY fast enough to keep the CEO and stockholders happy !!

So what are they gonna do when theres nothing more left to take ??

Sorry,,,,Happy thoughts,,Happy thoughts !

15. des1954

des1954 DIS Veteran

Things I miss at FtW and should be brought back??

ME!!

Okay, okay....things I miss at Disney..... The original Journey into Imagination, the original Tiki Birds Show, and The Hunchback Show at MGM. I do NOT miss Captain E-O! Blech! I also miss the Lotus Blossom Special at the walk up restaurant in China. It was a stir fry beef & brocolli with fried rice and an egg roll. Very yummy! I miss the West End Stage at DTD.

16. snowgooseltd

snowgooseltd DIS Veteran

I so miss "Tapestry of Nations" in Epcot. The music was haunting. Thankfully we purchased a cd with the music on it so I can still envision it when I pop it into the car. A couple of years ago we took a backstage tour at Epcot and a CM told us that all the puppets were saved, in storage, and there was mention of bringing it back at some time. I certainly hope so.....
    We also miss "Who wants to be a Millionaire" at MGM. That was a fun, interactive show. I got into the hot seat on three separate occassions over several years......got as high as the 125,000 question. I still have the hats, pins, lanyards and two shirts.

17. tellnotails

tellnotails I would have 10,000 posts......but 4 out of 5 get

way to many things to list.........but what I miss most is the vision that the fort/wdw once had in the very start.........

18. AuburnJen92

AuburnJen92 DIS Veteran

ok, i will be serious this time (although the first post was right on!)

Mr. Toad
    20,000 Leagues
    FW Train
    Millionaire (I missed the million pt question in the soft opening and Chris has missed the million twice in regular play!)
    All of the "little" things that CM's did because they wanted to be there and it was part of making your trip special. I miss that terribly.

19. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

Hunchback, the gondola ride in MK, 20,000 Leagues, Tapestry, River Country....

Also, a sense of innocence is missing - too many people feel entitled now - it's a different time - some of the magic is gone never to return

20. PolynesianPixie

PolynesianPixie <font color=blue>Creating my own fairy tale realit

The sub from 20,000 leagues went to Paris.......

This is right outside Space Mountain 2

[​IMG]

21. Gatordad

Gatordad <font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al