Things you miss at Disney that should be brought back

I loved that show, Diver Dan.
After looking at the link...the one you're remembering is very different from the CBC show. The "original" had plastic action figures (think army men). It was more of a slide show with voice over than a film. The only "life action" was when Diver Dan descended or surfaced. Even as a 6-8 year old kid I thought it was stupid. But I remember having to get the cereal that had the submarine in it that you filled with baking soda & IIRC vinegar to make it dive and resurface in the kitchen sink. That was good for about 30 seconds of entertainment!:rotfl2:

This is great...I miss the glittery magic wand/hand over Spaceship Earth. It looks so sad and empty now.:rolleyes1

I miss the Mile Long Bar in Magic Kingdom. I don't know when they got rid of it but I remember it back in 1978. I sat at that bar for a long time flirting with the handsome "bartender." I was a 15 year old and I still remember ordering that Pepsi on the rocks...yep, they sold Pepsi products back then.

I miss the Mile Long Bar in Magic Kingdom. I don't know when they got rid of it but I remember it back in 1978. I sat at that bar for a long time flirting with the handsome "bartender." I was a 15 year old and I still remember ordering that Pepsi on the rocks...yep, they sold Pepsi products back then.

They got rid of it because, dips like myself, were constantly walking INTO IT !!
Yeah thats right ,,I walked into it.:confused3

i miss the commodore house at OKW and DVC only being 5,000 members (now over 300,000). :sad2:

This is great...I miss the glittery magic wand/hand over Spaceship Earth. It looks so sad and empty now.:rolleyes1

I am so DELIGHTED they finally removed the atrocity! Now if we could just blast out those blights of tombstones from in front of SE (i.e. Leave a Legacy) and bring back the beautiful acrylic fountain. The space in front of SE is crucial to give it drama... littering the foreground takes the all the drama away! Maybe they could move the Leave a Legacy tombstones to the bottom of World Showcase lagoon and make the Friendship Launches into glass-bottomed boats for those who care to see them!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm not going to renew my DDE this year, but I won't miss it. Too little bang left for the bucks on this program.

Walt Disney, the man who started it all.
Here's a cool story I found on Disney Insider.

Walt Disney Sighting
by Jill, 57, San Jose, CA

It was the summer of 1956. Disneyland had only been open for a year. I was six years old. We were an average American family of five, but a trip to Disneyland was very special indeed.

My dad loved to document our family events so he purchased an 8mm movie camera on which to capture our family adventures. Of course this was before cameras had sound capability, therefore our father directed me and my older sister and brother to be very animated while he shot the footage. Now in those days, attending special events called for dressing in our Sunday best. My sister and I often were dressed alike and this was no exception. We were in matching frilly dresses, white patent leather shoes, and matching white purses. My brother was equally outfitted in his smart dress jacket and slacks. As my father was filming us waving to the camera in all our fancy regalia and happiest of faces, there he was--WALT DISNEY! Just as he often did in those early years, he was strolling the streets, greeting fans and observing Park visitors enjoying his Disneyland. My father was so excited and surprised by this Walt Disney sighting that he stopped filming, but not before Walt Disney was caught ever so briefly on our family film, our first visit to Disneyland!

We take great joy in viewing our family life preserved for us by our father and, in a small way, we feel as though Walt Disney became an honorary member of our family not only because he is among us on our family movies, but also because Disneyland has remained a favorite family destination. Though I have moved from Southern California to San Jose, my husband and I made certain we took our daughters to Disneyland and even once to Disney World. When my husband and I became grandparents, we began a new tradition: Each time a grandchild has his/her third birthday we take the family to Disneyland to celebrate. In February of 2007 we will be making our fifth trip for this special occasion. Happy Birthday Cameron! Here we come, Disneyland!

It's a shame the big guys don't care enough to walk the streets of Disney today to talk to the people.

you are not the only one...

We really enjoy our "Tables in Wonderland" or DDE. We usually have a sit down most every day, and it really saves us a bundle. With the automatic tip it saves us even more, cause I used to give them the discount back and round up to the next dollar, so now they just get their straight 18%.

We really enjoy our "Tables in Wonderland" or DDE. We usually have a sit down most every day, and it really saves us a bundle. With the automatic tip it saves us even more, cause I used to give them the discount back and round up to the next dollar, so now they just get their straight 18%.

with the dining plans, it is so hard to get into the places we want to go, so i just don't know if it is worth it for us...

Norway’s Viking Ship is Gone

Sad news. The Viking ship at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot has been removed.

This ship was originally built as a children’s play area, but a couple of years ago it was deemed too dangerous for the little ones. This month it was removed completely.

I wish Disney had kept it. It was nice to look at even if guests were no longer welcome aboard.

Just the thought of it and I already miss it .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter