THINGS TO PACK -Let's Pack Together

Someone should try to get a "master list" ready--I'll see if I have one from b4 but there are a few things on here that I think I would add to the one I have. Hope to find it!!---But to add to the list (or remove) is DON"T BRING SO MUCH--I found last time we brought too many glow sticks-too many cameras (3 for only one person taking the still shots was too much!) too many snacks-when you come home with some that you took down that's bad! To add: a power strip, clorox clean up wipes(in a ziploc bag)

My husband scans copies of all of our ID's, tickets, reservations on a portable USB drive. Saves a lot of room! I keep any must have hard copies in our travel organizer from LL Bean. We have used both on several WDW and cruise trips and find them to be invaluable!

My other packing tip: I ask my pediatrician if they have any sample size packages of OTC meds for the kids. I have gotten several from her and we add it to our travel meds carrier (see-through travel cosmetic case from Walmart). Saves a ton of space instead of carrying full size packages of any meds, that we may or may not use.

even though I'm a little more than a month out I've started "gathering" some things in the basement for WDW (DH would kill me if I called it packing :rotfl2: ). Today I added a cable lock to the pile...to lock up the stroller in the parks. After reading a thread where people have had their stroller stollen, I want to be prepared! However, I'm sad that I even have to consider it. :sad2:

Your computer application passwords AND IDs- especially if you need to work while away - call your IT dept. to get your VPN access and/or address for web based email and try them from home. Many people don't think about their IDs -they're usually pre-populated at work.

Also, a lock for your laptop.

great tips! now I just realized my lazy day off from work will be replaced with a trip to Target for some large ziploc bags and shout stain remover! :)

It's just another grown-up and I and we'll be eating everything in the parks, but I also like to bring some granola bars or something to eat before I leave the resort and get some real food. I tend to wake up hungry and am CRANKY before fed! :)

Great list!! I have a question. The over the door organizer...is that the one with spots for individual shoes??

Over the door organizers are great. Sometimes you can find them at the Dollar Tree store. Along with those fold up laundry baskets.

Another item if its not already on it--Beer, wine or other beverage of choice for the hotel room :drinking1 :lmao:

OHHH I have something. The last two years I have brought my adidas slides, the ones with the bumps that massage your feet. These are great to put on as slippers or to wander the resort in. They feel so good after a long day, or when you wake up and your feet are screaming!!!

Here is a few off my list that I didn't see on this one:

Boarding passes for the plane if you print them out ahead of time
ADR #'s
Personal towel to take to the pool (nice big one)
Pressed penny stuff
watch (I like this for the plane)
reading book for down time or plane
nail clippers (these go to the park with me too.. nothing puts damper on the day like a dang broken ragged nail)
tweezers
powder, especially for the summer heat
tide-to-go stain remover (also goes in my park bag)
safety pins

I don't just take safety pins, I go to Walmart (the only place I can find them any more) and buy half a dozen packages of Diaper pins. 99 cents for 4 pins... they are WAY stronger than normal safety pins, longer too... they are durable (still today... not as strong as they used to be, but good) enough for just about anything I need to pin... including the broken straps on a backpack.
:laundy:
AND you can use them to hang things to dry that insist on falling down...

I don't just take safety pins, I go to Walmart (the only place I can find them any more) and buy half a dozen packages of Diaper pins. 99 cents for 4 pins... they are WAY stronger than normal safety pins, longer too... they are durable (still today... not as strong as they used to be, but good) enough for just about anything I need to pin... including the broken straps on a backpack.
:laundy:
AND you can use them to hang things to dry that insist on falling down...

Great idea! :thumbsup2

I haven't had the chance yet to go through all of these pages, I am slowly getting to that, but one thing that I DON'T pack with me is any "extras" in my wallet that I know I won't be using on vacation, I know I won't be going to any malls while there so my department store credit cards stay home. I do need recent pictures of my kids just in case, sigh, something might happen to them but I don't need every dancing or football picture from the last 3 years on vacation. Anyway, you get the point!!

Oh, one thing I didn't see on the list, I might have just missed it, though, are insurance cards.

I don't know if it was mentioned (I didn't read through all the posts), but I don't send water to our resort. Instead, I pack a Britta water pitcher. I usally stuff it with a t shirt or 2 to make sure it doesn't crack in my luggage.

Then every night, we filter a pitcher of water and it gets rid of the yucky smell/taste. Then we fill a few water bottles half way and stick them in the freezer. The next morning we fill the bottle the rest of the way with more filtered water.

The water bottles keep cold for a long time this way, it's much cheaper than sending down water, and we are keeping plastic out of landfills.

This year, we will be using our Disney Britta pitcher for the 5th time!!! The same pitcher!!!

Did anyone mention EarPlanes? Or chewing gum to help with any ear trouble on the plane if you fly?

This year, we will be using our Disney Britta pitcher for the 5th time!!! The same pitcher!!!

This is a great idea. I just purchased one as a gift for a co-worker and she loves it, in fact she bought herself a second one to keep at the office so she doesnt have to cart in bottled water. I may purchase one for thistrip instead of shipping water.

Did anyone mention EarPlanes? Or chewing gum to help with any ear trouble on the plane if you fly?

If your kids have trouble with their ears while flying give them a dose of benadryl right before take off. It works wonders! Remember if it is a long flight to give them another dose. We once had a four hour flight and I didnt think about the benadryl wearing off, but it did and my DD's ears were really hurting right about time for landing.

If you are from Canada one thing I would suggest is little packs of vinegar to have with your french fries. No one has vinegar in WDW and I could tell I was getting some envious glances from people, either from England or Canada. Sorry I didn't have enough to share>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter