THINGS TO PACK -Let's Pack Together

We have a 10 hour drive from NC with a 4 year old. We have a car dvd player but I have also been picking up little things all along the way at dollar stores and the dollar bin at Target. I have gotten playing cards, handheld games, coloring books, stickers, craft projects and a lap tray with side pockets for my little one. I hope this will keep her busy in the car without too much whining. I am planning on giving it to her a little all along during the trip so she has something to look forward too. I also got lots of REALLY cheap stuff the last few weeks while school supplies were on sale. I got notebooks, markers, crayons, scissors, tape, glue sticks, pencil case, and several other crafty items for about $5 total!!! Walmart was practically giving the stuff away. I also found the dollar bin at Micheal's Craft Stores to have lots of cute Disney items. I got several princess and Tinkerbell things there too. I think my child will be very happy when Mom pulls out those goodies after about 3 hours of riding!

I have to say that these things are top on my packing list because that can be a LONG drive without entertainment for a preschooler:) Also movies are high up on the list too. I also found lots of glow bracelets and sticks, etc. at the Dollar Tree. I've heard that Disney sells these items during the evening parades and fireworks and they are nowhere near $1.

NC driver here too- This will help our packing go much easier- We have 5 kids of various ages plus us- I don't know how we will survive w/o most of this stuff- We go next April & I am already putting a toiletries bag together and other type items like pop up hamper and ziplocs and such I keep in my Stow compartment in van so it is there no matter what- My next thing to get- I didn't see it on the main list
Space Saver Storage bags! Great to put linen for all the beds and personal pillows in- Just suck out or roll out the air and it takes up very little space- We are going to bring our own linen, pillows, blankets after reading the bedding post- & crazy because we had rarely thought of the blankets before- Now I just want to shiver when I think of it- Not to mention if anyone prior to your stay had a rash or something similar this will prevent any contamination...

I have skimmed through every page and didn't see

Insurance cards
and
Comfortable bras (not prettys ones) :thumbsup2

Maybe I missed it but these are things I am making sure that I have.

Thanks for starting the thread!!!

I buy 4 brand new toothbrushes early in the planning stages and throw in my tolietry bag, along with a new tube of toothpaste. I don't touch these - until we arrive in Florida.
That reminds me - I need to start picking up things here or there now for my trip next summer. I try to buy this kind of stuff and throw in my bag. Less last min stuff to buy. It always costs a fortune at the last min. buying stuff you need. I figure getting some of the basics helps.

I agree with this - getting stuff here and there is what I am planning on doing - glad i am not the only one.:)

Some things we're packing (hope there are no duplicates!):

Cue cards so we can write down our ADRs for the day, any special tour/parade times, brief itinerary, etc. These fit easily into pockets, purses, bags, etc.

silly question what the heck in ADR stand for....I have seen it used many times on the forum and I am lost. LOL I know still question right.:confused3

I don't think I saw it listed, but whenever we go to WDW, I always take an outlet strip (is that what it's called)? There never seem to be enough outlets and I like to have my stuff all charge in the same place so I don't forget it as I'm walking out the door!

You dont need to bring everything on that list why to must stuff.Alot of that stuff you would not be able to take on the palne if flying and some the stuff is unnessary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter