Things to do on rainy days

We are also going next week and keep looking at the forecast. The weather is very unpredictable but we will be ready for all conditions! Going to pack extra shoes, socks, umbrellas etc..

You can't beat the parks during rain especially if they have inside attractions. MK was dead Feb 2010 during the rain. Just be warned, they come out of the woodwork once the sun hits. MK was a ghost town and when the sun game out all these people appeared. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. It was like one minute there was hardly anyone and 10 minutes later the park was filling up.

I've always heard Disney Quest was horrible during rain and that most people try to go there during the rain. Seems ever Disney Book I ever bought has warned me against that. I'm going to try it Saturday Morning when I know most younger kids will be at Magic Kingdom hopefully cutting down on the crowd there.

We go to downtown disney and hit Ghiradellis for a sundae! We also spend time in the huge Disney store there. Man is that store huge.

BuckeyeBama said:
Depends - those ponchos are pretty durable. We have used ours on at least 15 trips. If they get torn (happened twice), we take them to a shop that sells them and they are replaced at no cost.

Really? They do? Mine has a rip..

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

We did Disneyquest- a huge indoor, multi floor arcade and game place. It was good for us as we were there on a low crowd day which I bet you will find its not too bad early next week.

Really? They do? Mine has a rip..

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

Yes - Ours are many years old but look like brand new. When they have ripped, I have taken them into a shop that sells them and showed the CM. No questions asked, they have swapped them out for us.

Now, I have not had to do this in a few years, but they are almost certainly still doing this. They will swap out almost anything that breaks while you are there, including toys.

We head to the parks with ponchos. I buy two or three per person of the cheap $1 ponchos and trash them at the end of a day or two. I also bring a gallon zip lock to stuff them in if we take them off for a while. The rain really empties the park out. The cheap ponchos will also fit in pockets easily because they are small.

It depends on how much rain, how hot it still is, and how long the rain lasts.

I'll usually throw on a poncho and keep going, have fun with low crowds while people are off hiding from the rain.

Go swimming! You're going to be wet anyways!

If it does get really bad, hit up some indoor attractions, Disney quest, the arcade at your resort, etc!

Yes - Ours are many years old but look like brand new. When they have ripped, I have taken them into a shop that sells them and showed the CM. No questions asked, they have swapped them out for us.

Now, I have not had to do this in a few years, but they are almost certainly still doing this. They will swap out almost anything that breaks while you are there, including toys.

Swapping old/damaged goods for new...now there's a way to save!:rolleyes2

TC :cool1:

Swapping old/damaged goods for new...now there's a way to save!:rolleyes2

TC :cool1:

When we went into a store, already had ponchos but were looking at the ones they sell, a cast member told us that if anything happens to them that they replace them NO QUESTIONS ASKED. It isn't "a way to save", they advertise that in store. I didn't purchase because I had brought our raincoats, but they did advertise them that way to us.

When we went into a store, already had ponchos but were looking at the ones they sell, a cast member told us that if anything happens to them that they replace them NO QUESTIONS ASKED. It isn't "a way to save", they advertise that in store. I didn't purchase because I had brought our raincoats, but they did advertise them that way to us.

Agreed, and I asked if that meant just this trip or follow-up trips and was told any time, any trip.

I have never stolen or taken anything that wasn't mine in my life. I certainly wouldn't sacrifice my integrity for a $10 item.

They are worth the money - the trick is remembering to pack them each trip. :upsidedow

Hello! We fly down this Monday 1/27 and it looks like there is a chance of rain for both Monday and Tuesday. Does anyone do anything special/different on rainy days? Thanks!
~We head straight to the parks! There are several indoor attractions and experiences! Usually, the rain just passes by and doesn't linger to long. We have enjoyed the parks during a heavy tropical storm. Disney even does fireworks in the rain! Have fun! :goodvibes

We stay in the parks with our ponchos and enjoy the quietness of it all.

I remember one January where we had our entire family there for a special celebration. One of our last days, the remaining members went to Animal Kingdom and it rained and it rained and it rained. Because we hadn't been there with just the six of us, we stayed the entire day. And it rained and it rained and it rained. We did everything (Expedition Everest wasn't there yet). We had a blast and the weather was so bad, it was raining sideways. One of the worst weather days but we had a blast with all of us together and enjoying the attractions. And yes, the Safari runs during the rain and we saw a ton of animals. We were cold and wet but that day is still in my mind for the memories.

I know my husband and I have done some rainy days and just stuck at our resort but I can't remember those days at all.

Hit the parks! A little tip if wearing tennis shoes--stuff them with newspaper to help them dry out. We usually bring two pairs each since we go in June and it rains frequently. I also bring a fan to help shoes, swim suits, and towels dry. We drive so I pack a lot of stuff:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter