Things that make me shake my head!

As far as I am concerned, all pop tarts belong in the trash. How do you people eat those things. Even as a kid, before I was concerned about healthy eating, I wouldn't be caught dead eating that garbage.

FWIW My DH doesn't understand my hatred of pop tarts either, he thinks I am crazy. I would rather starve.

What's really funny is, I said I would take that out of the trash like that and eat it isn't entirely true....I don't really even like pop tarts. :rotfl2: Might as well just feed your kids cookies for breakfast. I might buy them once or twice a year. I do sometime get the nature's path organic toaster pastires. They are actually pretty good! I just hate to see food wasted!

Wow , you are one in a million - perfect toddlers which never dropped a cookie on your kitchen floor and picked it up and ate it ( I didn't say just anywhere, but on MY kitchen floor which I tried to keep very clean when I had crawlers and toddlers especially). When they were older, of course I wouldn't have wanted them to do that if I had seen them, but I don't have eyes in the back of my head in spite of what I told my children :laughing: But as I said in earlier post - to each their own :thumbsup2

I never said my kids were perfect but they do NOT eat off the floor regardless of where the floor is. My kids were also supervised while eating as a toddler so they did not get the chance to drop it on the floor and pick it back up.

Do you know the things you can walk through and bring back to your own houses/floors?? :sick:

Wanna talk :sick:

I watch 3 before/after school kids, 2 brothers 10 & 8 and 1 other boy 9
Everytime they use the bathroom, as they are opening the door I yell did you remember to flush and wash your hands? Half the time there is a delay of them coming out, a few times i went in and questioned how do you wash your hands with no water the sink isn't wet.

One time I was in the kitchen preparing snacks and the 10 year old was in the bathroom a long long time (#2).
Came out climb up on a counter stool to join everyone else, I looked at him and said washed your hands?
His reply with eyes rolling as he gets back down, I forgot I'm at your house.

At my DD's insistence I purchased a bag of new season organic apples two days ago. She took one to school yesterday and I asked last night if she enjoyed it. She told me she never ate it. I asked where it was and she informed me that she threw it in the trash as it had fallen out of her bag and rolled on the floor.

I was pleased that she didn't eat it as it was - but she should have washed it or brought it home to be washed. I would have peeled it if necessary! Kids sometimes get so well trained not to eat "dirty" food that they take it to the other extreme I guess. I would totally have fished it out of the trash and brought it home and taken the skin off though ;)

At my DD's insistence I purchased a bag of new season organic apples two days ago. She took one to school yesterday and I asked last night if she enjoyed it. She told me she never ate it. I asked where it was and she informed me that she threw it in the trash as it had fallen out of her bag and rolled on the floor.

I was pleased that she didn't eat it as it was - but she should have washed it or brought it home to be washed. I would have peeled it if necessary! Kids sometimes get so well trained not to eat "dirty" food that they take it to the other extreme I guess. I would totally have fished it out of the trash and brought it home and taken the skin off though ;)

And veering OT as this thread seems to be doing anyway.. Anyone ever take the time to look into what is allowed into our food before we even get it or the practices allowed in the preparation of the food we eventually get? Our food is definitely not "clean food".
ETA not singling out the above pp just the bolded words.

I know lots of people with dogs/cats that babies and children share the floor, toys, and yes, sometimes food. I've seen them lick the babies/children's faces. Do you know where those doggie/kitty mouths have been? Also, the same children do not usually wash their hands after playing with the pets before they eat. Some of these same mothers that are so out raged at some responding to OP's post may actually have pets in their house. I never have (by choice, no flaming from pet owners - no problem with me, just making a point), but we did have an outdoor dog well housed and in fenced yard. My children always had to wash their hands before eating, but I'm sure their hands made their way to their faces before that ;) Also, a good point from PP, if you eat out you don't know what you're getting :scared1: My son worked at a Bojangles chicken place and he wouldn't tell me what all he saw because he said I'd never eat it again :eek: Just sayin' :confused3

And veering OT as this thread seems to be doing anyway.. Anyone ever take the time to look into what is allowed into our food before we even get it or the practices allowed in the preparation of the food we eventually get? Our food is definitely not "clean food".
ETA not singling out the above pp just the bolded words.

You made a very valid point. And I never thought for a moment that you had singled me out :goodvibes

As far as I am concerned, all pop tarts belong in the trash. How do you people eat those things. Even as a kid, before I was concerned about healthy eating, I wouldn't be caught dead eating that garbage.

FWIW My DH doesn't understand my hatred of pop tarts either, he thinks I am crazy. I would rather starve.
I agree with you on something.;) I think that poptart belongs in the trash or not bought at all. No loss there.

I never said my kids were perfect but they do NOT eat off the floor regardless of where the floor is.:lmao: My kids were also supervised while eating as a toddler so they did not get the chance to drop it on the floor and pick it back up.

Do you know the things you can walk through and bring back to your own houses/floors?? :sick:

Just because you are a germ phobe, doesn't make everyone else one. :confused3 If you work for the CDC and had some real solid evidence that a percentage of deaths or illnesses are caused by trash germs, then you might have something. You are just trying to save the World from those germy garbage cans. :) I can dig that. :hippie:

Wow ya'll are making a big deal out of nothing. The kid wasted food that could have been eaten later for a snack or breakfast the next day. Big deal folks. And as far as eating out of the trash can, not something that I would do BUT do ya'll realize the germs you interact with on a day to day basis? Using the bathroom, touching money, opening doors, even interacting with your dog has germs. Think about all those rides at Disney you touch ...and the thousands of people who've touched them before you. Do you think everyone washed their hands after everything they did? Speaking from experience they get cleaned once at night.
No one is perfect and no one has the right answer to this question. But calm down, if it kills ya...it was your time to go!
:thumbsup2 yes, we have a lot of germaphobes on the DIS. Regarding the Pop Tart in the trash..I would just have the kid pay for what he/ she threw away or just not buy them anymore.

Oh pfft. Bacteria is good for you! Builds up a healthy immune system. :thumbsup2

I'd eat that Pop Tart, if I ate Pop Tarts. For heaven's sake, I'm sure we've all eaten much worse even going out for dinner. Just yesterday I was at BD's Mongolian Grill, observing how their teppanyaki chefs take your bowl of raw ingredients, oftentimes putting their fingers in the bowl when they grab it, then use those same hands to grab up your clean plate to scoop the food onto when it's done. If you live in a big city, you're even more exposed. I used to work at an upscale B&B in Boston, and the chef there told me that Boston restaurants were allowed a certain number of mouse dropping occurrences by the board of health because it was simply just inescapable in the city.

Frankly, you're in far more danger from the high fructose corn syrup and chemicals in a Pop Tart than it looks like you'd be from the cleanliness of the item in this particular case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter