Things that make me shake my head!

I'm sorry but my kids do NOT eat food off the floor anywhere. As for carts, they are wiped down and when infants/toddlers I had a cart cover. My kids even wash their hands after basketball/soccer and before touching food.

Wow , you are one in a million - perfect toddlers which never dropped a cookie on your kitchen floor and picked it up and ate it ( I didn't say just anywhere, but on MY kitchen floor which I tried to keep very clean when I had crawlers and toddlers especially). When they were older, of course I wouldn't have wanted them to do that if I had seen them, but I don't have eyes in the back of my head in spite of what I told my children :laughing: But as I said in earlier post - to each their own :thumbsup2

Wow , you are one in a million - perfect toddlers which never dropped a cookie on your kitchen floor and picked it up and ate it ( I didn't say just anywhere, but on MY kitchen floor which I tried to keep very clean when I had crawlers and toddlers especially). When they were older, of course I wouldn't have wanted them to do that if I had seen them, but I don't have eyes in the back of my head in spite of what I told my children :laughing: But as I said in earlier post - to each their own :thumbsup2

My son managed to find a *slug* on the kitchen floor and eat it when he was a toddler. :eek: I about puked on that one!

No kidding. Blech.

Even when we were poor as church mice, I never ever considered taking food out of the trash can. :sick:

What's with the head shakey smiley about paper plates? We use them at least a couple times a week. No muss, no fuss when we want a fast clean up.

Since when does a poptart even need a plate when its completely intact. IF I have a poptart its from the vending machine at work and then, only when I'm desperate. I love them but can't have them too much cause that's all I'll eat:rotfl2: But when I do I either use a napkin or the pouch they came in while I'm eating it. I never use a plate unless they broke in the pouch. Its a waste of a good plate.

I'm sorry but my kids do NOT eat food off the floor anywhere. As for carts, they are wiped down and when infants/toddlers I had a cart cover. My kids even wash their hands after basketball/soccer and before touching food.

Is anybody else hearing the 5 second rule playing their head at the moment:rolleyes1

I remember hearing that A LOT growing up.

This thread is cracking me up, too and I'm sure I'm the one that caused all the trouble. Food off the floor....well you don't want to hear my answer but yes I've eaten food off the floor and not died or had salmonella yet. It has to be in my own home, not like a restaurant or anything and it has to be dry food like a cracker. If it was a piece of fruit or something I wouldn't throw it away but I would wash it off.

That video where he ate the eclair out of the trash cracked me up! I would have done that but not if there was someone elses bite taken out of it or at someone elses house. Too funny!!

I think most of you are exaggerating this poptart picture with words like floating in salmonella, digging, and dumpster diving. You all act like I'm digging out a piece of rotten chicken out of the bottom of the trash can! It's sitting perfectly on top still on the plate for pete's sake! doesn't even look like a bite was taken out! And it's not like I would make a habit out of it. Oh well, I still don't see the big deal with that picture.

:) It's not like he was eating a poptart on the potty. :eek:That would have been worse to me than the poptart in the trash can scenario.

Yep I am in the poptart looks clean, in that particular trash can, on that particular plate, while I watched my particular child through the expensive piece of white and pink iced cardboard away. Wouldn't have touched nasty yogurt--is deserves to be left on its own in the can.

;)Of course I work in a wound care center and I would be happy to take pics of things in trash cans around here...(insert evil laugh, Mawhaaahaa)

:rotfl:

I think most of you are exaggerating this poptart picture with words like floating in salmonella, digging, and dumpster diving. You all act like I'm digging out a piece of rotten chicken out of the bottom of the trash can! It's sitting perfectly on top still on the plate for pete's sake! doesn't even look like a bite was taken out! And it's not like I would make a habit out of it. Oh well, I still don't see the big deal with that picture.

The big deal for me is that we do not eat out of the trash or off the floor. PERIOD. I don't care what it is, how intact it looks, the apparent cleanliness of the trash can...it is in the trash and it is now garbage. We have an extraordinarily clean trash can at home and we still don't do it because no matter how clean I try to keep it, there is no telling what sort of germs and bacteria are in that trash can.

At our house, they would leave it out for ME to clean up. I would carefully package it in a zip lock bag where it would sit untouched til the end of time, when I would end up throwing out not only the pop-tart but a now wasted zip lock baggy, too!

Wow ya'll are making a big deal out of nothing. The kid wasted food that could have been eaten later for a snack or breakfast the next day. Big deal folks. And as far as eating out of the trash can, not something that I would do BUT do ya'll realize the germs you interact with on a day to day basis? Using the bathroom, touching money, opening doors, even interacting with your dog has germs. Think about all those rides at Disney you touch ...and the thousands of people who've touched them before you. Do you think everyone washed their hands after everything they did? Speaking from experience they get cleaned once at night.
No one is perfect and no one has the right answer to this question. But calm down, if it kills ya...it was your time to go!

Wow ya'll are making a big deal out of nothing. The kid wasted food that could have been eaten later for a snack or breakfast the next day. Big deal folks. And as far as eating out of the trash can, not something that I would do BUT do ya'll realize the germs you interact with on a day to day basis? Using the bathroom, touching money, opening doors, even interacting with your dog has germs. Think about all those rides at Disney you touch ...and the thousands of people who've touched them before you. Do you think everyone washed their hands after everything they did? Speaking from experience they get cleaned once at night.
No one is perfect and no one has the right answer to this question. But calm down, if it kills ya...it was your time to go!

That is why we wash our hands frequently and ALWAYS before we eat. But if you are eating food out of the trash, it kind of negates washing your hands doesn't it? :confused3 Seriously, I can NOT believe that you guys are advocating eating food out of the trash. Sorry, I do not get it. :confused3

I once ate a piece of buttered toast that I dropped on the floor. I was so happy when I looked down and noticed it landed butter side up. :blush:

I know that is kind of gross but I was starving, late for work and it was the last piece of bread in the house.

Wow, this is so entertaining :rotfl2: I've been gone all afternoon and the action is still strong! There is about 3 posters on here that sure have themselves in a stew. If it keeps going much longer they'll start posting we're all eating out of dumpsters every day :rotfl: It's already gone from one very pristine bag in the OP's very clean kitchen with her own child to "I can't believe y'all would advocate eating out of garbage cans where all this other gross stuff is that has "floating" salmonella in it" :laughing: I doubt very seriously that you don't have normal kids like the rest of us do :confused3. By the way jewjubean, I was your "neighbor" several years ago - I lived off Butcher Switch Rd. in N. Lafayette - still miss our "crawfish boils" ;) Y'all have a very good evening, this has made my day and I'm still laughing :woohoo:

Wow, this is so entertaining :rotfl2: I've been gone all afternoon and the action is still strong! There is about 3 posters on here that sure have themselves in a stew. If it keeps going much longer they'll start posting we're all eating out of dumpsters every day :rotfl: It's already gone from one very pristine bag in the OP's very clean kitchen with her own child to "I can't believe y'all would advocate eating out of garbage cans where all this other gross stuff is that has "floating" salmonella in it" :laughing: I doubt very seriously that you don't have normal kids like the rest of us do :confused3. By the way jewjubean, I was your "neighbor" several years ago - I lived off Butcher Switch Rd. in N. Lafayette - still miss our "crawfish boils" ;) Y'all have a very good evening, this has made my day and I'm still laughing :woohoo:

If your post in in reference to me, I can promise you that my kids do not eat off the floor or out of the trash. If it hits the floor, they throw it away. DD3 just dropped a bowl of Cheetos and she picked them up (one by one) and ran them to the trash can...she then asked for more.

And I do not have myself in a stew...I just find it beyond gross that anyone would eat stuff out of the trash and then question why it is wrong.

I feel your pain. My step son is really bad about this. My DD has always put hers in a ziplock bag and eats it the next day. When DH and I got married it surprised me to see how wasteful my step son is. I've finally gotten him to put them in a ziplock bag also. Not buying any for him for a while did the trick. He got tired of cereal.

I also have the "ziplock rule". I keep a box of ziplocks right on the countertop for such occassions!!! :thumbsup2

.......IF I have a poptart its from the vending machine at work and then, only when I'm desperate.....

:lmao:

This thread is cracking me up, too.....

Me, too. I needed the laugh for today!

:)... It's not like he was eating a poptart on the potty.... :eek:

I also have the "ziplock rule". I keep a box of ziplocks right on the countertop for such occassions!!! :thumbsup2

Me, too. I needed the laugh for today!

You're welcome:thumbsup2

You have to understand I only eat them when i am desperate because I like them entirely too much:lmao:

As far as I am concerned, all pop tarts belong in the trash. How do you people eat those things. Even as a kid, before I was concerned about healthy eating, I wouldn't be caught dead eating that garbage.

FWIW My DH doesn't understand my hatred of pop tarts either, he thinks I am crazy. I would rather starve.

As far as I am concerned, all pop tarts belong in the trash. How do you people eat those things. Even as a kid, before I was concerned about healthy eating, I wouldn't be caught dead eating that garbage.

FWIW My DH doesn't understand my hatred of pop tarts either, he thinks I am crazy. I would rather starve.

I agree. Now, Pillsbury Toaster Stredel, that's another story. :rotfl2:

I agree. Now, Pillsbury Toaster Stredel, that's another story. :rotfl2:

Now those are one thing that I really don't like - to me greasy sweet :confused3 But I love a well browned pop-tart without frosting, but lightly buttered with coffee - Yummy :thumbsup2 Our taste buds are all so different ;)

Wow it's a Seinfield episode message board style! :rotfl2:
OP ~~yeah I would have been irritated too! My son dumped and entire glass of milk down the sink the other day and we had quite a discussion about "wasting" and the cost of milk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter