Things no longer seen on DCL

wait. what? we don't bring life vests to muster anymore??? what in the wide wide world or sports happened?

Propeller clocks are gone.

196A60C0-88F6-4ADC-8633-47C0F6576885_zpsvqp64o1v.jpg

i used to LOVE the midnight buffet...so much chocolate, even a fountain :)

There used to be a wider variety of snacks available (think chocolate covered strawberries) in the hallways in the evenings

The lining up of people in a queue (FIFO - First in, first on-board) before embarkation in the terminal.
Went on the Magic the very first year of service back in '98. Everyone was checking in but no one was getting in-line, this was back before the boarding numbers. I told DW that at a certain time if no one was going to start the line I would. At that time I went to the head of the line, DW had the video running, and you should see the line form, people running from all over the terminal to get in-line. DW and I were the first people introduced on that cruise.
Anytime we want a good laugh, we bring up that video.

espn sky box
i have a shirt some where

Attachments

• wdw-cruise-espnskybox.jpg
    wdw-cruise-espnskybox.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 38
wait. what? we don't bring life vests to muster anymore??? what in the wide wide world or sports happened?
Take you pick on the reason. But starting about 2 years or so ago it was no longer required to bring. The favored rumor is too many people were getting hurt getting to and from their muster station.

They had the late night dessert buffet on the Panama Canal cruise so it is not gone entirely but wished they still had it on the 7 day cruises.

MJ

62961996lVLBaI_fs.jpg

66976284vIGpxk_fs.jpg 2344066770037669762fsWilk_fs.jpg 76191988NBjYSL_ph.jpg 75860689oRThbk_fs.jpg 118562010qaODty_fs.jpg 118562297CUcaxp_fs.jpg 118571646JdTFMC_fs.jpg 121131473fyTpnX_ph.jpg Going through some old pics I found a bunch of things no longer on DCL (at least on some of the ships)

First pic is Vintage post cards they used to leave on your pillow at night with a different saying on the back.

DCL plush

Steamer Trunk

Deck 7 on the Magic

80's night

The first propeller clock

The original deck loungers

The old DCL bus logo

Hades, Pain and Panic from the Hercules show

In case anyone doesn't know what the towels are about....DCL used to have 80's night with a competition between the GoGo's (you got the beat) and Bon Jovi. they picked people from the audience in the club to participate and compete.

MJ

Last edited:
Happy to hear that!!! I though they were all gone. Our Wonder cabin earlier this month did not have one.

MJ
Neither did ours. I think they were replacing them as part of the room changeovers they did prior to her Alaska season. Maybe they ran out of the new cabinets.
storage cabinet wonder 2015 P1080125 1500.jpg

Or, maybe they don't have replacements for the double steamer trunks yet.

I'm sad the Magic's secret outdoor area on Deck 7 is gone -- I didn't realize it went away with the dry dock and was looking forward to experiencing it next year (Our stateroom is a few doors away)! Does anyone know what replaced it? Is it just locked?

I'm sad the Magic's secret outdoor area on Deck 7 is gone -- I didn't realize it went away with the dry dock and was looking forward to experiencing it next year (Our stateroom is a few doors away)! Does anyone know what replaced it? Is it just locked?
The space was used for the new mechanics for the new water features (AquDunk, Aqua Lab)

View attachment 138093
View attachment 138094 View attachment 138095 View attachment 138096 View attachment 138097 View attachment 138098 View attachment 138099 View attachment 138100 View attachment 138101 Going through some old pics I found a bunch of things no longer on DCL (at least on some of the ships)

First pic is Vintage post cards they used to leave on your pillow at night with a different saying on the back.

DCL plush

Steamer Trunk

Deck 7 on the Magic

80's night

The first propeller clock

The original deck loungers

The old DCL bus logo

Hades, Pain and Panic from the Hercules show

In case anyone doesn't know what the towels are about....DCL used to have 80's night with a competition between the GoGo's (you got the beat) and Bon Jovi. they picked people from the audience in the club to participate and compete.

MJ
I was wondering about the towels! Thanks for the clarification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter