Things no longer seen on DCL

The late stays in Nassau (and I would guess perhaps another port but I don't know for sure) are generally rewards for the crew when they earn certain levels as a whole on the comment cards.
They are now. They do it for drydocks also.

Back in 98 and for a few years after, the ships were regularly scheduled until at least midnight, and for a while 230. We used to stand on deck at 200 watch what was referred to as the running of the crew, (and guests) as they drunkenly ran the pier before the ship left. I want to say it was after 2001 that they ship started to leave earlier.

I know that a supervisor came to inspect and was not happy. And the room steward had to know throughout the cruise that these people were smoking in that room! Besides a health issue, it's a fire hazard!

When we got married on the Magic in 2010, ship was in sad shape, right after dry dock. The carpet wasn't laid correctly, and overlapped the door sill to the point that you had to pull the carpet down, to close the door. None of the cover plates were on the switches of outlets and the walls looked like kids had fingerpainted dirt all over the room. (It was the workers that made the mess) Those were the highlights of the room. Long story short, we go the floor supervisor involved and the room got straightened out, and we had a nice long chat about how bad the drydock was on their view.

When we got married on the Magic in 2010, ship was in sad shape, right after dry dock. The carpet wasn't laid correctly, and overlapped the door sill to the point that you had to pull the carpet down, to close the door. None of the cover plates were on the switches of outlets and the walls looked like kids had fingerpainted dirt all over the room. (It was the workers that made the mess) Those were the highlights of the room. Long story short, we go the floor supervisor involved and the room got straightened out, and we had a nice long chat about how bad the drydock was on their view.

WOW, that's just sad and disappointing! Sounds like whoever did the final walk through should be out of a job.

WOW, that's just sad and disappointing! Sounds like whoever did the final walk through should be out of a job.

I said the same thing. But I keep hearing and seeing the same problems reoccurring after just about every dry dock.

I said the same thing. But I keep hearing and seeing the same problems reoccurring after just about every dry dock.

I know that last year's transatlantic after the Magic's dry dock wasn't much to write home about according to friends who made the trip.

The late stays in Nassau (and I would guess perhaps another port but I don't know for sure) are generally rewards for the crew when they earn certain levels as a whole on the comment cards.

Yes we were told this by one of the cast members before, also it happens a lot of times when two Disney ships are docked in Nassau at the same time because cast members on both ships who have worked together (or in our case were actually married) can meet up in the city.

Magic

4pt5dx.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter