• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

things for freeeeeeeeeee

We went to Guest Services when our daughter lost her tooth on the ship and they gave us a lost tooth pin and a certificate :). It made the tooth fairy (who had help from Tinkerbelle) really cool :)

have we run out of things? i'm making a list so I can gather things for a cruise themed package up for my children for xmas. so far my list is looking good but more more more!!! need more ideas.....

tinkerone said:
have we run out of things? i'm making a list so I can gather things for a cruise themed package up for my children for xmas. so far my list is looking good but more more more!!! need more ideas.....

I wondering the same

Til We Meet Again-at the end of this event pixie dust, in the form of little silver Mickey Mouse heads fall in the atrium. I scoop these up to use in our scrapbook

Concierge lounge: Free drinks (Alcohol), free soda, free water, free cappuccinos/ espresso/coffee (best coffee on the ship), free sunscreen, free sun moisturizer, free arcade pass, free chocolates, free food and deserts all day and a free "Ducky" Williams lithograph.

tinkerone said:

Did anyone mention the happy anniversary etc large button pins that come with the anniversary dinner? They don't ask when it is. My parents 45th anniversary is in June but since he works at a condo complex, it would be impossible to get away then so they celebrates their anniversary in April with dcl. Our 10th was 2 or 3 weeks away so we celebrated ours with our family together. So we both got lil cakes and DCL happy anniversary pins. They say DCL. I love it, Mickey n Minnie are on them. I have it attached to my purse.

Did anyone mention the happy anniversary etc large button pins that come with the anniversary dinner? They don't ask when it is. My parents 45th anniversary is in June but since he works at a condo complex, it would be impossible to get away then so they celebrates their anniversary in April with dcl. Our 10th was 2 or 3 weeks away so we celebrated ours with our family together. So we both got lil cakes and DCL happy anniversary pins. They say DCL. I love it, Mickey n Minnie are on them. I have it attached to my purse.

do they have first cruise buttons? they would be good for my needs as this will be a first for my children and their others.

They gave them as prizes. The girl was asking who knew of any exciting ports that Disney was adding to their cruise destinations. I was on it! I answered like 4 different ports and got a prize for each answer. The toiletry holders/bag(it was really nothing special) a waterproof ID/room key holder, and two pins. :)

Thank you :) You are so lucky :)

insureman said:
Concierge lounge: Free drinks (Alcohol), free soda, free water, free cappuccinos/ espresso/coffee (best coffee on the ship), free sunscreen, free sun moisturizer, free arcade pass, free chocolates, free food and deserts all day and a free "Ducky" Williams lithograph.

I think the price of concierge more than covers the "free" things given out...lol

Maybe those in concierge should bestow kindness upon we peasants and shsre their wonderful freebies!
:-D

Maybe those in concierge should bestow kindness upon we peasants and shsre their wonderful freebies!

:confused3 He just responded to this thread. :confused3 Jeez. :rolleyes: Send him a PM...maybe he will bestow some shrimp. ;)

Best free thing we ever got was the graduation Mickey ears with a yellow tassel that they no longer give out at the friendship end show for the kids. My daughter is going to wear it next week on her last day of 8th grade. So glad I kept it.

That would mean I would have to leave our private gated concierge area and be among the steerage passengers. :lmao: In all seriousness, of 13 cruises on DCL we have gone concierge 5 times and never paid anywhere close to the posted rates. On our last cruise on the Dream in April we upgraded at the port and for 5 people in a cat 4B we lucked out and were able to score a 1 Bedroom concierge for less than $500 additional.:thumbsup2

insureman said:
That would mean I would have to leave our private gated concierge area and be among the steerage passengers. :lmao: In all seriousness, of 13 cruises on DCL we have gone concierge 5 times and never paid anywhere close to the posted rates. On our last cruise on the Dream in April we upgraded at the port and for 5 people in a cat 4B we lucked out and were able to score a 1 Bedroom concierge for less than $500 additional.:thumbsup2

Hahahaha! Just thought of an old song called "The gated community"

We scoop up the Mickey Heads at the Till We Meet Again and put them in a clear glass ornament from Michaels. Then we have a reminder of our Cruise on our Christmas Tree.

Also at Animator's you make pictures that they show on the large screens during dinner. They return to you the pictures at the end of the show.

You can get various items autographed through Guest Services. We have a matt that we put a Disney Cruise picture in.

What about the alcoholic drinks and Mickey Head chocolate covered rice krispy treats that they give out at the CC reception?

Those Mickey Heads treats cost about $4 each at the parks.

On certain cruises in the past, you could get some delivered through room service as well. However, I haven't had that luck on our past two cruises.

:confused3 He just responded to this thread. :confused3 Jeez. :rolleyes: Send him a PM...maybe he will bestow some shrimp. ;)

I think the post was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Regardless, you could insert the words "a Disney cruise" for "concierge" in the post that started this side-discussion and have it refer to nearly every post in this thread. Nothing on a Disney cruise is "free". I always get a laugh out of it when my kids talk about the "free" food on the cruise. It's really just "no extra cost" over what you already paid.

.... a free "Ducky" Williams lithograph.

On speciality cruises, they often give away Ducky Williams lithos as well. In addition, he often sails on those cruises and can sign them.

We've also received other speciality "gifts" on a speciality cruise such as posters and even a porcelain storage container for change, etc. with the dates of our cruise, destination, Disney characters, etc. on it,

I think the post was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Regardless, you could insert the words "a Disney cruise" for "concierge" in the post that started this side-discussion and have it refer to nearly every post in this thread. Nothing on a Disney cruise is "free". I always get a laugh out of it when my kids talk about the "free" food on the cruise. It's really just "no extra cost" over what you already paid.

:goodvibes :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter