~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Yay!!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving?
Yes we did. It was great! Thank you :)
As it turns out - i am down 6lbs from BEFORE I left on my trip. :woohoo: So I am super happy about that.
Congratulations - that is wonderful.
I also joined a new fitness/eating program.
That's great. I hope you enjoy it and it works out well for you.
Along with more snow and driving in it...
:scared1: Oh my gosh. Wow I feel bad for you guys. I'm happy to say we haven't gotten any snow in NY yet, which is very surprising since it is now December...hoping we can hold out a little longer. Be careful driving in it!

Eeep.... I love your new plan!!! That would be awesome!!! So, did you book it?

*drumroll* I was able to book it! I went through a travel agency who had bibs left for the Challenge. Barring any work circumstances I'm going. *fingers crossed*

I decided to be brave and weigh myself - I've been really down in the dumps over my weight gain this year... As it turns out - i am down 6lbs from BEFORE I left on my trip. :woohoo: So I am super happy about that. It really helps my mood - sadly. I also worked out and in general - I ate really well. I am starting to feel a lot better and my outlook is so much better.

Yay! Congrats on the weight loss! :goodvibes Can't wait to see what you do on the new program too. :)

Yay for losing 6 lbs! I gained about 5 on my 4 day trip to Disney :rolleyes1, I got right back on low carb & lost it in a few days, and now trying to lose the 3 I gained over Thanksgiving! Ariana good luck on losing yours quickly & getting rid of your cold.

Monica

Good morning, and congratulations on the weight loss! That's great! I am working on losing some weight and was very excited to find that I actually lost weight over Thanksgiving week instead of gaining. Yea! I've been doing pretty well with eating better and drinking more water (I'm down to just one of those mini cans of soda per day!) and trying to exercise as my energy level allows. I'm having surgery next week, though, so that's going to set me back in terms of exercise because I won't be able to do Zumba for a few weeks. But at least I can keep eating right. :-)
Just wanted to say good luck with your surgery.

I have not received and email from the town car company yet, so I am pretty sure it didn't go through. I will book it again.

FYI, a similar thing happened to me 2 years ago. I booked it again - thinking the first one never went through but it actually had - so I ended up being charged twice. Needless to say, I was pretty mad and I will NEVER use that company again. Call the town car company and have them check - just to be sure.

I decided to be brave and weigh myself - I've been really down in the dumps over my weight gain this year... As it turns out - i am down 6lbs from BEFORE I left on my trip. :woohoo: So I am super happy about that. It really helps my mood - sadly. I also worked out and in general - I ate really well. I am starting to feel a lot better and my outlook is so much better.
:teeth: :worship::yay: WAY TO GO! I am glad you are feeling better.

Well, I booked my FP for my trip!:dogdance: I've never done that before - someone else in my group has always done it so this was a first for me. Hopefully I didn't goof it up! I am very nervous about this trip - as you know, my last 2 Disney trips were pretty disastrous - to put it mildly. I am hoping this one will break my bad luck streak!

Good Morning, D~! Thanks for adding me to the October FB group. Hope you have a fantastic day, friend!

Good Morning, D~! Thanks for adding me to the October FB group. Hope you have a fantastic day, friend!

What October FB group?? Are you going in Oct 2016? If so what are your dates? We are booked for late Oct early Nov 2016!

We did - it was small, but it was nice.

We did have a good black Friday... I love going out in the middle of the night with the girls - it's something we've only just started to do (last year was our first year ever black Friday shopping), but I think it's something we will continue.

What is a crampon?

I understand - it is much the same way here... Most times - the internet is so much cheaper.

My bad for misunderstanding... I just LOVE potatoes so much - I cannot imagine anyone not liking them in any form. LOL So I assumed maybe you used instant (Josh tried instant on us one year... No way... LOL) My recipe is potatoes (of course), sour cream, cream cheese, butter, minced dried onions, salt - and I think that's it? For some reason, this year - they turned out incredible... I don't think I did anything differently though.

Yes - we did find a few good deals - however, like I said - most of the deals were for US. LOL Thankfully we did get a start on Josh though - he is sometimes so difficult to buy for.

Most of the malls in our area were open all night long... Which was why I was so shocked that this mall was closed. I was only irritated about it because it was such a long drive for us to get there, and then a long drive for us to get anywhere else... But once I gave it some thought - I decided it was a good thing, because then those families were able to enjoy Thanksgiving together. :lovestruc So, kudos to them - and every other store - who chose to put Thanksgiving first - I wish they would go back to that.

For what it's worth - this was the first Black Friday I haven't worked in 10 years - and while it was nice to have it off, it is my FAVORITE day to work all year, it's just so much fun! We are so busy and it goes so fast!

Yes - Farkel is such a great family game... My in-laws used to be on the front page of the Farkel website, not sure if they still are? Farkel is a huge family event in Josh's family, we play it almost every time we are together. The girls started playing it when they were little, and now Gus is hooked - he wants to play every moment he is here. LOL He might be getting a Farkel game for Christmas? :scratchin

Yes - I just had to work out... My brain has been in the wrong place... I was doing really good right after I got home from WDW, but then on Wed this week - I am not sure what came over me? But I was literally eating anything and everything - paying no mind to any of the consequences. Sadly - by the day after Thanksgiving, my stomach was a mess. I had to step back and shake it off. It's amazing how just one day can make a person feel better... One day (yesterday) of eating the way I am supposed to, and my stomach is no longer throwing fits, it makes such a big difference. Sometimes it's just so hard to refocus... I dug out my Primal Blueprint book and also my Wheat Belly book, and started rereading them... Reminding myself of the reasons I eat this way in the first place. It's been helpful. Then I went back into my diary on MFP, to 2014, which I was losing the best, and I think I figured out what I've been doing wrong... So, I am working on that too over these next few weeks. It's never easy - we just have to keep going. (I am mostly telling that to myself here... LOL)

We did - I hope you did too!

Same to you!

OKaaaaay.... We need to get together on our January dates too... If we are there together TWICE - we must meet up... It would be horrible if we didn't.

I'll be out there running with you... Since I did 5 miles on Thursday, I'll just do a few today... but enough to get out there.

YOu can do this - I know you can... It's been super helpful for me to dig out a few books that really resonate with me and the way of life I choose to live... Maybe you can find something like that to help you refocus?

No worries about blathering in my PTR... I do it all the time. LOL

*****************************************************************************************************************************

I worked out right away yesterday morning - it was just what I needed to do, and I am glad I did it. Again, it just helped me refocus and remind myself of what is important in my life.

I ate well all day and it really helped my outlook, I was able to stick to the Thanksgiving leftovers that were good for me, and stay away from the other stuff. I could really tell a difference in my stomach yesterday vs. the day before.

I worked in my sewing room for most of the day - I was able to get a lot done, and that was helpful.

Then I came downstairs and watched a couple of Hallmark channel Christmas movies... Swoon - they are so cheesy, but I like them anyways.

I played a game of Sorry and Farkel with Allison and Gus... That was fun.

Today, it's supposed to be my "long run" day... but I did that on Thursday - so I'll just get out there today and do a few miles. Something... enough to get me out there. ::yes::

Then I will work upstairs again for a while... I am hoping to finish this week's custom order - or darn close to it.

Tomorrow, BFF and I are headed up to see my dad... I was supposed to go this weekend, but with not being able to work at all on Wed/Thurs/Fri, I just couldn't clear out my schedule until Monday.

I hope you all have a great day! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

DMGeurts -
Hi. I'm fairly new to the board but not to Disney as I have been a Disneyfanatic for over 30 years. Next trip scheduled for March 2016. I absolutely love the bags that you make. Do you sell them and if so do you have a website? Enjoy your posts too.

Good morning, and congratulations on the weight loss! That's great! I am working on losing some weight and was very excited to find that I actually lost weight over Thanksgiving week instead of gaining. Yea! I've been doing pretty well with eating better and drinking more water (I'm down to just one of those mini cans of soda per day!) and trying to exercise as my energy level allows. I'm having surgery next week, though, so that's going to set me back in terms of exercise because I won't be able to do Zumba for a few weeks. But at least I can keep eating right.

Thank you... :) I try not to let my weight influence how I think - but when it comes right down to it, I guess it's a bit important as a tool, along with a few other things... So, I am happy to see a loss there.

That is awesome!!! :woohoo: Go you!

Good luck with your surgery - I hope it goes well and your recovery is easy and painless. :hug:

That's awesome! I actually gained 4 pounds while I was there, ugh! No idea how I did that with the amount of walking you do in the parks. And since I came home with a cold, I haven't gotten back into my exercise routine yet. I really need to start up again!

4 lbs isn't too bad though - IMO... I have NO idea what I gained, but I know I did. It's crazy how a person can gain with that much walking... in the same respect - I am also one of those people who don't think that weight gain is instantaneous... I feel like any gains to be had from anything take about a week to show up - anything else is just water fluctuation. It takes your body time to convert fuel to muscle/fat - and I just (personally) don't think it happens that quickly. But that's just my thought on it. But as far as gaining in WDW - a LOT of it is water retention... I always come back soooo bloated - and most of the time, I can see a difference in my pictures from the first day to the last - which is scary. But get right back at it Ariana - you looked fabulous when I saw you. :lovestruc

Last nights dinner sounds really good.
I hope the new fitness/eating program works out well for you.

It's a great idea to borrow Monica's bag for your January trip.

The snow isn't bright here when the sun is gone (from 21st November to 21st January) but as soon as the sun is back the sunglasses are needed because in the beginning the sun is very low on the sky so it's really difficult to see where you are driving. From 21st January I use my sunglasses more and more as the days goes by and the sun stays up longer and longer.

It was really good. :)

My eating is going really well - so far. I do have to modify a few things... Like the bread that they recommend... I don't eat that. And they like you to use protein powder after you work out, but I do have a whey intolerance - so I have to be very careful about how much I use and when/where my day is planned... ::yes::

I am not sure what FB group you are referring to. Is there a WDW Oct 2016 group? Anywho...I would love to join!

D~, I am so glad to be back on the Dis. I hadn't realized how much I missed my Dis-friends!

I've added both you and Lynn. :)

I am so happy to have you back - and planning a trip, that's awesome!!! I've missed you!

Yes we did. It was great! Thank you

Congratulations - that is wonderful.

That's great. I hope you enjoy it and it works out well for y:Oh my gosh. Wow I feel bad for you guys. I'm happy to say we haven't gotten any snow in NY yet, which is very surprising since it is now December...hoping we can hold out a little longer. Be careful driving in it!

THanks Alison! :lovestruc

Yes - I think the snow is here to stay now. I love it until Christmas - then I have no tolerance for it at all... I am looking forward to FL in January.... It's my first ever trip anywhere warm in the dead of winter - and it sure will be nice!

*drumroll* I was able to book it! I went through a travel agency who had bibs left for the Challenge. Barring any work circumstances I'm going. *fingers crossed*

Yay! Congrats on the weight loss! Can't wait to see what you do on the new program too.

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Thank you - even though I've had the loss - I still have a lot more to go... I am close to my goal size still - but I have put on size in the last 6 months - much of it, I think, has to do with my running... Once I started running - I started eating more, and I think I was eating too much. Oh well - better to be back at it now, rather than waiting until it's out of hand.

Yay for losing 6 lbs! I gained about 5 on my 4 day trip to Disney :rolleyes1, I got right back on low carb & lost it in a few days, and now trying to lose the 3 I gained over Thanksgiving! Ariana good luck on losing yours quickly & getting rid of your cold.

Monica

Figures - right? LOL It's a battle, and there's too much good/fun food in WDW! Glad you were able to take it off easy enough though. Great job!

Just wanted to say good luck with your surgery.

FYI, a similar thing happened to me 2 years ago. I booked it again - thinking the first one never went through but it actually had - so I ended up being charged twice. Needless to say, I was pretty mad and I will NEVER use that company again. Call the town car company and have them check - just to be sure.

WAY TO GO! I am glad you are feeling better.

Well, I booked my FP for my trip!: I've never done that before - someone else in my group has always done it so this was a first for me. Hopefully I didn't goof it up! I am very nervous about this trip - as you know, my last 2 Disney trips were pretty disastrous - to put it mildly. I am hoping this one will break my bad luck streak!

OK - thanks - I will definitely be calling them to make sure. That would be sucky if I was charged twice.

Yay for booking for FPs... I need to do mine soon, as well. Praying this is the end of your bad luck in WDW. :lovestruc

Thank you - you too!!! I am not sure that's the only October group? It seems pretty small? There might be another one out there?

What October FB group?? Are you going in Oct 2016? If so what are your dates? We are booked for late Oct early Nov 2016!

I added you yesterday Lynn... You should be able to see it now. :)

DMGeurts -
Hi. I'm fairly new to the board but not to Disney as I have been a Disneyfanatic for over 30 years. Next trip scheduled for March 2016. I absolutely love the bags that you make. Do you sell them and if so do you have a website? Enjoy your posts too.

Congrats on your upcoming trip... March is a great time to go - we went for 10 days in March of 2012, and the weather was great - it was just a great trip in general, we were able to get a lot done!

Thanks for enjoying my bags so much. Due to the rules about soliciting on The Dis, I am not allowed to talk about my business at all. I hope you understand and will continue to follow along in my TRs/PTRs. :lovestruc

October 5-11. Do you have a FB account? Friend me and I will try to get you into the group.

:)

******************************************************************************************************

Good morning everyone! Life has been busy here!

I worked yesterday morning, and then I came home to work a little more.

I had to run back to town to pick the girls up - Allison had an interview for a different job yesterday - she applied for it long ago, she had given up hope, but they called her on Monday for an interview. We are all hoping she gets this job - the hours are much more dependable/don't fluctuate as much, and the pay is much better. She thought her interview went well. She hasn't decided, if she gets the job, if she will keep both jobs for a while or give her notice at her current employer. We'll see.

Then I came home, made the family dinner and hung out on my tablet all night.

My new eating program is going oK... I am having a few issues with some of the food I am supposed to be eating. I've NEVER done a program where they plan out your entire meals for you... So, it's a little foreign for me, and I am not sure i like it? And there are a few things I don't/can't eat... So, trying to supplement with items I can eat has been a little difficult. Since I prefer not to eat bread... I just don't eat it. They also require you to use protein powder after lifting... Well, I have a pretty severe intolerance to whey - and the last few days have not been so pretty... Today - I think I am going to try Chobani Greek yogurt instead? I don't like that it has a lot of ingredients in it, but at the moment (aside from cottage cheese - which I don't think would taste very good mixed with oatmeal - which BTW, I haven't eaten that in a long time either) it has a pretty high protein content, and I tolerate the whey in that, much better than the protein powders - it's not great, but it is much better.

I dunno - I guess, I just don't know what to think about this program? It really goes against a lot of things I believe to be true about eating for good health... So, I am following it as best as I can, but I think as I go along - I will be editing out more and more. I'll give it a good "go" until the end of the month, but I am not certain it will be something I will stick with, since I have to edit it so much. And the foods I've been having to eat are not favorites - so I am not sure it's sustainable either? This whole time, I've been very insistent about my diet and way of life being sustainable and enjoyable... but then I get to thinking - that maybe I need to suffer a little to achieve my goals... As we all know - I think I have the mostly maintaining part figured out... ::yes::

January trip...

I talked to Allison a little bit about FPs last night - she told me that I can get whatever I want... "You know what I like to do Mom..." she said. Um - OK.... So, I am gonna do what I like to do. LOL

We also talked a little bit more about our food reservations - I think we have way more than I had wanted initially, but I think we will be OK

Monica sent me her Chip and Dale bag yesterday! :woohoo: I just have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! It is such a relief to me that I don't have to try to make one more before our trip, yet I get to have a fun new theme.... I appreciate this beyond words! And it does crack me up a little too. ::yes::

I also talked to my bow lady - and she is working on a HP themed bow for me, and also the Chip*Dale bow too... :woohoo: So, I will have a couple of fun new themes for this trip... With only 4 Disney park days - I am going to have a few outfit changes. :scratchin

Our countdown is getting close - if we were staying at a WDW resort with a package plan - we'd have to be paid in full by now. :woohoo:

Even though I have my items to be packed set aside... They are not physically in my suitcase... So, I do need to get a start on that soon too... I will be packing many of the same things i packed for November.

I hope you all have an amazing day today!!! Prayers and Pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
Getting so exciting!!! I've been loving your recent TR by the way. Great job and so inspiring!! Have a great day!

You are going to have such a great trip in Januray. Yes, it is quite funny that you are "borrowing" one of your bags, LOL!!! We should totally start a Disney bag rental program with each other. LOL!!!!

Last edited:
But get right back at it Ariana - you looked fabulous when I saw you.

Aww thanks! I still haven't gotten on my bike yet but it's mainly because I still have a lingering cough. And of course working out just makes it worse. Hoping in the next few days that settles down and I can get back into my routine.

I've NEVER done a program where they plan out your entire meals for you... So, it's a little foreign for me, and I am not sure i like it? And there are a few things I don't/can't eat.

I totally understand this one! With as picky as I am, I really can't do any of the diets that require you to eat certain foods.

Monica sent me her Chip and Dale bag yesterday!

That is so sweet of her!

I also talked to my bow lady - and she is working on a HP themed bow for me, and also the Chip*Dale bow too...

I LOVED all of your bows, can't wait to see the new ones. Wish I could wear those but headbands tend to give me a headache and my hair is too fine to hold barrettes.

Even though I have my items to be packed set aside... They are not physically in my suitcase... So, I do need to get a start on that soon too... I will be packing many of the same things i packed for November.

I'm going to have to wait till after my Mom goes home to start packing. She's coming to me for Christmas this year. Plus we've got the same weather dilemma as in November. I've been in early spring when it's been a high of 80 and also when it's been a high of 40. No idea what it will be like till we get a lot closer.

Wishing Allison best of luck with the interview/job situation!

That is too bad you are not a huge fan of the new program. Wishing you luck with it.
I talked to Allison a little bit about FPs last night - she told me that I can get whatever I want... "You know what I like to do Mom..." she said. Um - OK.... So, I am gonna do what I like to do. LOL
:rotfl:That's cute lol. And you are a Disney pro, so it makes sense!:thumbsup2
I also talked to my bow lady - and she is working on a HP themed bow for me, and also the Chip*Dale bow too...
Oh my gosh that will be adorable. I can't wait to see them! :goodvibes

The new eating program doesn't sound that good. I can't wait to hear what you think about it after a month.

I can't believe Allison didn't have any FP wishes. I'm sure you both are going to have fun.

Have you tried a different kind of protein powder? I have a friend who doesn't tolerate the whey protein powder very well so instead she uses pea protein powder that she buys at GNC. Perhaps that would work better for you?

Thanks for the information, D! Our family tends to get us Target gift cards for Christmas so it's nice to know that I can "trade" them for Disney gift cards.

If you wouldn't mind adding me to the October group, send me a PM and I'll send you my name.

You've inspired me to plan themed outfits for our trip. I've bought 2 coordinating bows so far and have another one on order. I'm kind of waiting to buy more until after the park hours come out so I can plan the outfits more.

I'm with you. I can't do eating plans that plan out the meals for you. There's always something in it that I don't like. My cousin is trying to get me to start It Works! but I'm a little hesitant about taking pills too. *sigh* I just don't know what to do. One thing's for certain and that's the fact that I need to do SOMETHING.

Hey there D! I just sent you an email; so I thought I would pop in on your PTR during lunch. So many exciting plans! Yay for January coming up so soon! Can't wait to see your dining and FP plans. Harry Potter theming sounds like so much fun.

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. I really, really, love Thanksgiving food, so when we go to my SIL I never get leftovers. I solved it the past few years by making a "smaller" meal that weekend for just us. Your BF plans with your daughters sounds like so much fun. My Mom and I use to do BF many, many years ago, when the stores opened at decent hours on Friday. Now, I just sleep in:)

Hope your Dad is doing well. Hope you will get to see him soon with better weather!

Wishing Allison good juju on a new job opportunity. Hope she gets a better job. Its hard for kiddos to get good hours and decent pay and work with their school schedule as well. Her Senior year is flying by!

Random question D; what kind of leggings do you buy? I cannot seem to find any that I like. They all fit me weird. Maybe its just me!

On your new eating plan; I know you have been such an advocate for whole, clean eating. The suggested changes on the new plan must be really hard. Just try to find a good balance and see what happens. I have such weird stomach issues. I can never seem to figure out what causes a bad stomach day. I know I should cut out all dairy but I love my plain Greek yogurt.

Hang in there and don't feel bad about not running when its cold. DH says that is one thing he cannot do is run in the cold and have the cold air in his lungs. Working out and walking when you can will do your body good.

That's all for now! Have an awesome Thursday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter