They Should Make Margaritas a Snack Credit! - September 2011 Dining Review

Hope you enjoy your pretzels at Disney World!

I have a few other snacks (though am not sure if you want to try them or not)

Carrot Cookie Cake
Starring Rolls cupcake
Ice cream cookie sandwich
Mickey Ice Cream bar
Popcorn (have heard this is delicious!)

Have a great time munching your way through all the yummy food and look forward to reading the review :goodvibes

Ok, so Carrot Cake is one of my favorite desserts, so I am looking that one up right now!:thumbsup2

I'm here! Can't wait to read your reviews!

As for snacks, I'm sad to say I was disappointed with the cupcake from Karamel-Kuche. :sad1: The frosting was lard and sugar, not buttercream. And I wish it had more caramel. Now, that's not to say you shouldn't try it... 'cause you might like it! But I didn't. :sad2:

Yeah, good call. I'm not a fan of that heavy lard tasting frosting, but maybe we'll try some of the caramels there instead. Glad you are following along! Perhaps I'll get a glimpse of your meals before I leave :rolleyes1

Yeah, good call. I'm not a fan of that heavy lard tasting frosting, but maybe we'll try some of the caramels there instead. Glad you are following along! Perhaps I'll get a glimpse of your meals before I leave :rolleyes1

I didn't try any of the caramels, but I did have some of the caramel popcorn... it was deeee-lish!

And I'm working on my DR... hope to have at least one meal posted soon!

We loved the caramel popcorn too....and ohhhh the chocolate/caramel apple with the big W on it....TO. DIE. FOR.....I can just taste it now:cloud9:

Not that you need more "food" but I believe you can get a eggroll at the Yak and Yeti at AK for a snack credit.

We blow quite a few snack credits on refreshing smoothies at Auntie Gravity's in Tomorrowland. The capuccino is really good, the orange pineapple is amazing and the tropical is not nearly as good as it sounds.

There are also frozen capuccinos in various places around the park.

Guess who likes caffeine!

Ok, so Carrot Cake is one of my favorite desserts, so I am looking that one up right now

Mine too, so I definitely have to try this finally, this year! :banana: It's at Writer's Stop in DHS (if you didn't know! :rotfl:) :thumbsup2

I didn't try any of the caramels, but I did have some of the caramel popcorn... it was deeee-lish!

And I'm working on my DR... hope to have at least one meal posted soon!

Ooh, that does sound good!

We loved the caramel popcorn too....and ohhhh the chocolate/caramel apple with the big W on it....TO. DIE. FOR.....I can just taste it now:cloud9:

I think my DH may have to try that, he adores caramel apples.:thumbsup2

Not that you need more "food" but I believe you can get a eggroll at the Yak and Yeti at AK for a snack credit.

We blow quite a few snack credits on refreshing smoothies at Auntie Gravity's in Tomorrowland. The capuccino is really good, the orange pineapple is amazing and the tropical is not nearly as good as it sounds.

There are also frozen capuccinos in various places around the park.

Guess who likes caffeine!

Ooh! Coffee! (Says the girl who is packing Starbucks Via packs just so she doesn't have to drink Nescafe.....:lmao:) Frozen coffee also sounds perfect for hot days in Florida. Thanks. :goodvibes

Mine too, so I definitely have to try this finally, this year! :banana: It's at Writer's Stop in DHS (if you didn't know! :rotfl:) :thumbsup2

I was looking for where it was, thanks for letting me know, as I had no idea!

Count me in for this one

By the way, they have just introduced a Mickey shaped pretzel in Frontierland

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/08/16/mickey-shaped-pretzels-spotted-in-disney-world/

:thumbsup2

Welcome! And what a perfect photo opportunity... especially when it feeds my photography and pretzel obsessions!:rotfl2:

A Mickey shaped pretzel! I may not have room for one but I so taking a picture :lmao:

Ooh! Coffee! (Says the girl who is packing Starbucks Via packs just so she doesn't have to drink Nescafe.....:lmao:) Frozen coffee also sounds perfect for hot days in Florida. Thanks. :goodvibes

I'm with you there!

When we stayed at All Star Music, I brought my own coffee maker since those rooms don't have them, then arranged to leave it with an existing fridge swap there.

I think my very first post to the BC board was "what kind/size of coffeemakers are in the room?"

I always bring my own coffee- not because I need fancy snobby coffee (I get the Maxwell House filter pods)- I just need to make sure my supply doesn't run out!

I'm in and anxiously awaiting your reports! :cool1:

:welcome:

I'm with you there!

When we stayed at All Star Music, I brought my own coffee maker since those rooms don't have them, then arranged to leave it with an existing fridge swap there.

I think my very first post to the BC board was "what kind/size of coffeemakers are in the room?"

I always bring my own coffee- not because I need fancy snobby coffee (I get the Maxwell House filter pods)- I just need to make sure my supply doesn't run out!

So is it all value resorts that don't have coffee makers? I seem to remember POR having them years ago, but they are a moderate. That's good info to have, either way.

I'm kind of funny about Sbux. I do like their chai, but not a huge fan of their coffee (almost too bitter sometimes). However, they are the only ones out there who make an instant coffee that I care for, so they win for trips. They also come in very handy when you lose your power due to lovely Irene and realize while your french press is very handy, you need ground coffee to use it!:rotfl2:

So in just 24 hours, we will be IN DISNEY WORLD!:dance3:

I think this will be my last update before we leave tomorrow morning bright and early... but for those of you leaving soon on trips, if there is a "oh my goodness you absolutely MUST TRY THIS" sort of moment, I'll try to send a quick post!:thumbsup2

Have a great 10 days, everyone, and I look forward to sharing our eating adventures when I return!:goodvibes

Heigh ho, Heigh ho, it's AWAY from work I go.......:rolleyes1

Safe travels and have a wonderful vacation! Eat and drink all yummy items...just leave some for me when I get there in 34 days ;)

So is it all value resorts that don't have coffee makers? I seem to remember POR having them years ago, but they are a moderate. That's good info to have, either way.

I'm kind of funny about Sbux. I do like their chai, but not a huge fan of their coffee (almost too bitter sometimes). However, they are the only ones out there who make an instant coffee that I care for, so they win for trips. They also come in very handy when you lose your power due to lovely Irene and realize while your french press is very handy, you need ground coffee to use it!:rotfl2:

You are correct- the values do not have coffee makers or refrigerators in the rooms (so you will see fridge swaps for the All Stars and Pop). I have never stayed at a moderate, but I believe they have those.

I'm a Dunkin' Donuts gal myself. Not a huge Starbucks fan. I drink my coffee black and like you said, it is a tad dark/bitter.

Look forward to hearing about your trip, and your meals, when you get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter