• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

Wow, I was starting to get way behind.

OK, I am DEF making some time to get to AKL next trip.
I love my theme parks but I could seriously watch giraffes all day.

I love the photo trade option at Disney where I take your photo, you take mine. So helpful to get pics with everyone when you don't have photopass. :goodvibes

Though apparently photopass now includes other people's photos too. That's an interesting new feature.

Photopass ++.. for those who want to capture someone else's memories. :thumbsup2

Hooray for Everest!! :cool1:

You two are so cute together. :flower3:

And yay, trip title reveal next up! Sweet.

Looks like a nice afternoon at AKL. Too bad about the rain but I have come to think that it always rains in AK or at least it has EVERY time we have gone there!

Wow, just 2 hours to check in, get your bags, freshen up and meet your friends? I hope you make it.

Looking for to the next update!

Wow you are on an updating roll!!

I love AKL also!! We have never stayed there but we LOVE Boma!! Love it there for breakfast & dinner. We have spent some time there watching the animals & sitting by the fire place relaxing before our ADR.:cloud9:

That stinks that you did not get your photo's on your CD for the Animal Kingdom sign.:(

Love the pot stickers & egg rolls at Yak & Yeti!! DH was looking at the pics & wondered if we were eating there again in Oct. Not sure yet but I get to make ADR's tomorrow for Oct.:hyper: I guess I better decide soon!!

Love the Ariel T shirt. Looks like that light material I love when getting the T shirts.

Oh I am sensing that the room you got at YC not that great?????

Ahh, you're really making me want to stay at AKL more and more! Sounds completely amazing. Once again, Emmy did a fabulous job with her Boma dining review!

Yak and Yeti looks so good too! That was the first 'ADR' restaurant that I ever went to at Disney!

Your teaser for your next update has me so curious!

Gosh, you better save up for your DD's first car - it just might be a Bentley Continental GT! ;) As hilarious as I can imagine that conversation about what Santa could bring, it certainly illustrates what lays ahead for you and your poor DW!!!

:rotfl: Part of conversation of why Santa couldn't get her a diamond ring involved me explaining to her that the elves were toymakers and not jewelry makers. I went on and told her that dwarves are better known for their jewelry skills and started really getting telling her about the Seven Dwarves when DW elbowed me and I stopped. ;)

Updates galore!! I love those new RFID gate scanners. When the Mickey head lights up and the light circles it faster and faster, feel like I'm about to beamed up a la Star Trek!

It's Tough to be a Bug. We haven't done that in ages mostly because DD is very scared of it. We took her in when she was two and she's been traumatized especially by the giant Hopper. You can relate, right? :goodvibes

Those darn leaky cocktail glasses. The only way to fix them is to pour more in! ;)

Wow, you are an updating machine Brenda!

Love, love, love all the photos from AKL :)

This resort in particular is an attraction in itself, not to mention the great dining options!

Oh and I totally applaud the idea of preparing for your Yeti encounter with a Piña Colada - it's what all the best Nepalese Sherpas do ;)

Flying to San Fran tomorrow morning - Disneyland here I come !!!!!!!

Yay for updates!!

I think you would enjoy Sanaa based on what I can tell of your dining choices, and you have to try Boma! I love the unique flavor options you can try at AKL.... Your Yak & Yeti pictures make me really think about adding this to our October trip, do you think this would be a place I must make an ADR for? Trying to do a walk in would be easiest..... You and Em are so cute! You guys look like you are having a great time and I really like both your choices in nail color ;)

You and Em always seem to have so much fun on your trips. It makes me want to go with my mom again. :goodvibes

I love the Dinosaur ride photo. I had no idea you could just add attraction photos. Good to know! :thumbsup2

I want to stay at AK so badly someday. We usually stay offsite as we split the cost of a timeshare with my parents and it is 2 minutes from AK, but I will look into trading it someday for a DVC. We won't be going soon though. You noticed my ticker. It will be a few years until we return. Love your pics!!

Brenda, guess where Mark and I are having breakfast the day after tomorrow?

Yep, Boma, and I cannot wait! Love that place and Ems and your breakfast looks yummy.

I don't blame you for not wanting to leave the resort...it is so beautiful and I could look at the animals all day.

We've not done Yak & Yeti since it opened and I really need to get it on our agenda (maybe for our December trip!).

Great photos of you and Em.

Okay, off to bed...we have an early and long day tomorrow with a customer and then we hit Disney.

Yay lots of updates!!

My comment and your response is waaayyy back so I am not gonna quote it and just say, we are so incredibly excited for our wedding and trip, it is getting so close and I am just going crazy with all little details and ordering everything else I need! I definitely want to do a TR, I just have no clue where to begin, I was thinking of doing a PTR but I don't know if I will have much time so I am gonna probably pick some ideas from all of you lovely ladies I follow when I start mine :goodvibes and not to highjack your thread but I had a question for you about BLT, I hope you don't mind :blush: I remember you talking about a thread or site that suggested what floor or rooms to request to get the best TPV there, I was wondering if you remembered by any chance? :)

I am definitely in love with AKL, the whole resort is just beautiful, the details are amazing. I can definitely understand how you and Em got caught up watching the animals. Boma looks wonderful!! We have a breakfast ADR there and I cannot wait!
Yak & Yeti also looks great, (we are eating there too lol) WONTONS! Yum!! EE is so fun, I am glad you escaped the rain, I also feel the way you do, I only like to get wet by my own choice :rotfl:
Love the Dinosaur photo and Em's Ariel shirt is super cute!!
Alright think I covered it all!! Can't wait for the Yatch Club check in update!!!! ;) :goodvibes:

Wow you were busy today updating!!

You and Em are so cute! You always dress the cutest, I look like a slob at the parks! haha!

I love your ride pic, its funny!

I have so enjoyed catching up on your adventures this Sunday morning and next will be off to check out the dining report. Some random comments...

How weird is that airline rule about photos for personal use only? Is it a safety thing? That they don't want published photos available for "study?"

What an awesome flight crew you had! And thank you for your son's - and your family's- service. :)

The wrong bus?!? :scared1: Absolutely love the shot you took of the boy looking out at the welcome sign. I bet he had a magical trip. :goodvibes

Thanks for mentioning that Stacy has updated her spiel with New Fantasyland. It is so weird but we pretty much watch Stacy nonstop while in the room. :confused3 :laughing:

So glad you enjoyed AKL! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures. :)

Shew! I thought I had fallen WAY behind, but you are being slow- which totally works to my advantage!!!! :cool1:

I MISS AK!!! And you have just about convinced me to stay at AKL. But not the next trip… I want Catie to really enjoy that resort. I LOVE that you dragged your feet. I swear, one day I want to just go to Disney and tour all the resorts. I think that is probably one of the biggest things I miss out on each trip. I want to spend time exploring the resorts and seeing what they have to offer!

And for the love of all things Disney- I WILL watch a Bug's Life on my next trip! That's right. I have never seen it! Can you believe it??? I know, I know…

You guys really seem to have enjoyed AKL. I know we'll need to stay there eventually; it looks so beautiful. Plus Boma breakfast looks delicious! I'm really curious to see what kind of rooms you guys get next. The suspense is getting to me :P.

I sure do have a little gold pass like that!! Sadly it's expired now and I'm not sure if I'm going to get another AP or not!

Yay for lots of updates, gotta love AK, glad you avoided the rain! I also LOVE yak and yeti, those won tons! To DIE FOR!!

What a cliffhanger to leave us on!!!

Great day, the food in Yak and Yeti really looks yummy. I really want to try there but it didn't make our ADR list as we didn't think we'd be in AK around a meal time. Maybe next time!

Really good photos of the animals and savannah's too.

Ha, I love the look on Em's face with the wonton dessert from Yak & Yeti. That dessert is so good, it's totally worth going there for just that. Your creeper picture of the lady's shorts/legs made me laugh, and the blue skirt you wore to AK was super cute.

- Juanita

It was a crazy week and I have another busy one coming up, but I got all caught up!!! :cool1:

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of DL. My one and only visit there was as a sophomore in high school, so it has been a couple of years since that trip. I don't remember nearly as much as I want to from that trip.

Enjoyed reading the review of the meal at Jiko and seeing both of your awesome food pictures! Meal looked spectacular.

The theming of AKL and AKV is just so incredible! Like you pointed out, the details are simply amazing!

Boma is my favorite Disney restaurant (dinner). I loved hearing about your breakfast there. Ben and I dined there for breakfast once and really enjoyed it, but it is tough for us to get there in the mornings since we hit the parks first thing. The restaurant not crowded during our meal and our waiter was begging us to let him bring something to us. Ben asked for some bacon, and the waiter brought a heaping plateful.

Glad you were able to make it to AK for a little bit.

I love the color of Em's shorts!

Bummer about your photopass pictures. :( Did you try to contact photopass support to see if they could find your pictures? They lost our photos in front of the guitar at RnR, the only time I have seen a photographer in that location, but they weren't able to locate them :furious:

Your Yak & Yeti lunch looked great. Fantastic choices!

:rotfl: about your Dinosaur picture.

I am eagerly awaiting your next update!

:hyper:

That does look like a cassette player, but I wonder if its supposed to be a radio. Perhaps they need to update their signs a bit. Even the hot dog looks alien.
OHH perhaps that's it!!

Yup - totally something I would notice. Of course, I am always stuck in bag check so I would have missed the picture.

And then all October I was walking around with Cynthia who also has totally perfect legs.

Oh my gosh, she does!

I have a bad habit of also taking pictures of people that are far less attractive. I had one from my Epcot afternoon (I was going to call him sleep apnea man) but decided that I would omit it.
I'm going to get in trouble some day because I may post someone who is a Dis'er. That would teach me!

These are very cool! I want one!

all your Y&Y photos look great. I want to try that snowcone drink that they have and your dessert - that is on my bucket list as well.

Yeah for EE and Dinosaur. I actually really love the Dinosaur ride. Just something about it always makes me laugh when they say "Nope. Not our dino".

That! And Mrs. Huxtable admonishing the scientist dude. So perfect.

Great update.

Can't wait to see the room!!!!!

Thanks for hanging in here with all the updates MK. Again, wishing you a relaxing and wonderful week at HHI. :)

Fun day at AK! Love Yak and Yeti..it is such a great place..I want to be there now lol yummy piña colada. Great little mermaid shirt..can't wait to here about yacht club

Hi Patti! Yes, a pina colada with lunch makes it so much better!

The big reveal coming up!

Wow, I was starting to get way behind.

OK, I am DEF making some time to get to AKL next trip.
I love my theme parks but I could seriously watch giraffes all day.

I love the photo trade option at Disney where I take your photo, you take mine. So helpful to get pics with everyone when you don't have photopass.

Though apparently photopass now includes other people's photos too. That's an interesting new feature.

Photopass ++.. for those who want to capture someone else's memories.

Hooray for Everest!! :cool1:

You two are so cute together. :flower3:

And yay, trip title reveal next up! Sweet.

Ha ha Rob you are funny! photopass ++ :lmao: Yes, part of the TR title revealed next.

Looks like a nice afternoon at AKL. Too bad about the rain but I have come to think that it always rains in AK or at least it has EVERY time we have gone there!

Wow, just 2 hours to check in, get your bags, freshen up and meet your friends? I hope you make it.

Looking for to the next update!

Hi Bridget! Yeah, rain is Central Florida shouldn't be a surprise huh. Hmmm.... stand by to see if we made it to our dinner on time....

Wow you are on an updating roll!!

I love AKL also!! We have never stayed there but we LOVE Boma!! Love it there for breakfast & dinner. We have spent some time there watching the animals & sitting by the fire place relaxing before our ADR.

That stinks that you did not get your photo's on your CD for the Animal Kingdom sign.

Love the pot stickers & egg rolls at Yak & Yeti!! DH was looking at the pics & wondered if we were eating there again in Oct. Not sure yet but I get to make ADR's tomorrow for Oct.:hyper: I guess I better decide soon!!

Love the Ariel T shirt. Looks like that light material I love when getting the T shirts.

Oh I am sensing that the room you got at YC not that great?????

Hi there Doreen. (I had to peek at your last TR - hope you don't mind! :) And then I saw that it was still in progress and you stayed at BC!! )

Yes, I decided to post 5 updates in 2 days so I won't feel so guilty about going so slow!

I hope you were able to get all the ADRs that you wanted for Oct. Including Y&Y?? :)

You are very observant - that t-shirt is that very soft and light cotton material. It's very cute.

Stand by for the reveal about the YC room.... it definitely wasn't what we paid for. ;)

Ahh, you're really making me want to stay at AKL more and more! Sounds completely amazing. Once again, Emmy did a fabulous job with her Boma dining review!

Yak and Yeti looks so good too! That was the first 'ADR' restaurant that I ever went to at Disney!

Your teaser for your next update has me so curious!

Hi Marissa. I know you want to stay at all the WDW resorts so one day you will get to it and perhaps it will become a must repeat resort. :thumbsup2

My teaser is not nearly as good as your guessing game you have going on leading up to your next trip. You are BRILLIANT! :p

:rotfl: Part of conversation of why Santa couldn't get her a diamond ring involved me explaining to her that the elves were toymakers and not jewelry makers. I went on and told her that dwarves are better known for their jewelry skills and started really getting telling her about the Seven Dwarves when DW elbowed me and I stopped.

Updates galore!! I love those new RFID gate scanners. When the Mickey head lights up and the light circles it faster and faster, feel like I'm about to beamed up a la Star Trek!

It's Tough to be a Bug. We haven't done that in ages mostly because DD is very scared of it. We took her in when she was two and she's been traumatized especially by the giant Hopper. You can relate, right?

Those darn leaky cocktail glasses. The only way to fix them is to pour more in!

Aha! And disregard my typo in my response where it looked like I was trying to marry off your DD.. I mean't to say you needed to learn to bribe your DD. :crazy2:

Heck, don't take the kids to Bug's Life before you wish to pay for therapy if you traumatize them! Those grasshoppers are crazy big there! ::yes::

And yes, you understand the remedy for leaky cocktail glasses.

Wow, you are an updating machine Brenda!

Love, love, love all the photos from AKL

This resort in particular is an attraction in itself, not to mention the great dining options!

Oh and I totally applaud the idea of preparing for your Yeti encounter with a Piña Colada - it's what all the best Nepalese Sherpas do ;)

Flying to San Fran tomorrow morning - Disneyland here I come !!!!!!!

Hi there Linda! Ha ha! Nepalese sherpa drinks!! :rotfl:

Safe travels to you...I'm looking forward to seeing you! :banana: :worship:

Yay for updates!!

I think you would enjoy Sanaa based on what I can tell of your dining choices, and you have to try Boma! I love the unique flavor options you can try at AKL.... Your Yak & Yeti pictures make me really think about adding this to our October trip, do you think this would be a place I must make an ADR for? Trying to do a walk in would be easiest..... You and Em are so cute! You guys look like you are having a great time and I really like both your choices in nail color ;)

Hi Sarah! I really hope we like Sanaa - even if we didn't we'll have those amazing animals to look at.

As for an ADR for Y&Y, I've seen them both accept walk ups and turn them away. October may be ok, but since it doesn't require a cc gty you may want to make an ADR just in case. No penalty if you cancel.

Ha! We did have similar nail color. One of our pre-trip rituals is to get our nails and toes painted - this time we landed on the same color. :)

You and Em always seem to have so much fun on your trips. It makes me want to go with my mom again. :goodvibes

I love the Dinosaur ride photo. I had no idea you could just add attraction photos. Good to know!

Hi MrsDrewsky! Thanks! We definitely have fun and it's so good to laugh and carry on together. She has the same sense of humor as her dad which is hilarious!

This was the first time seeing the ride photo option. So yes, good to know.

I want to stay at AK so badly someday. We usually stay offsite as we split the cost of a timeshare with my parents and it is 2 minutes from AK, but I will look into trading it someday for a DVC. We won't be going soon though. You noticed my ticker. It will be a few years until we return. Love your pics!!

KristinAnn - even if you didn't trade for a DVC, it is still near WDW and all the fun of the parks. We stayed off site our first family trip and for the space it was so much more economical. :thumbsup2

I wish you all the best with your pregnancy. :goodvibes

Brenda, guess where Mark and I are having breakfast the day after tomorrow?

Yep, Boma, and I cannot wait! Love that place and Ems and your breakfast looks yummy.

I don't blame you for not wanting to leave the resort...it is so beautiful and I could look at the animals all day.

We've not done Yak & Yeti since it opened and I really need to get it on our agenda (maybe for our December trip!).

Great photos of you and Em.

Okay, off to bed...we have an early and long day tomorrow with a customer and then we hit Disney.

Hi Kathy!!! I saw your FB post about seeing Mickey during Fantasmic from your room - how AWESOME!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. Thanks for taking the time to stop by before your trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter