Thermostat setting..what is yours?

I'm in OH. Our heat hasn't been on in 2 days. It's set at 66*, and supposedly it's 70* in the house right now. I'm cold. We have blankets in the living room and I wear my robe over my clothes. My 4yo runs around in his underwear, I'm constantly telling him to get pjs on but he says he's hot. :confused3 We let him sleep with us so we can keep him covered at night.... and he's like a human heat pump - keeps us warm! :rotfl: Our gas bill for Oct was $38. :banana: But it's supposed to get cold here again, dh will probably turn the heat on late tonight or when we get up.

At night it's set for 69 and during the day I'll bump it up to 70 or 71 if it's a windy, cloudy day. We have poor insulation in the house and it makes a huge difference if it's a sunny day or a windy, cloudy one.

M 'n C said:
I'm in houston and I have mine turned off. I mainly rely on ceiling fans unless its really close to freezing then the heat comes on or over 90 then the air will come on but its close to 80 when I do turn it on.
You are a strong person!! I don't mind the cold, but I need the A/C in the summer. I cannot function in a house hotter than 74 degrees.

I am in eastern TN and we have ours on 71 and I am still freezing during the day unless I have cake orders and then I have it down to 65 and I have on a t-shirt and shorts. Between the oven on and me constantly stirring something it works up a sweat.. :teeth:

I am in Upper Michigan,,, We have already gotten snow a couple times this year,,,,i keep mine 70/71 daytime and 69 at night,,,,I had one gas bill last year that was 454.00 since then i am on a budget and pay 200.00 year round,,,and now its down to 170.00 a month :rotfl: I hate being cold,,,,and so do my kids,,,,,,

Just went to check our thermostat...

66 when we wake up
61 when we leave for work/school
68 in the evening
62 to sleep

I can't stand a warm house -- we wear sweats, socks, and keep warm during TV watching (and laptop surfing!) with blankets and snuggling with the dogs. Lots of quilts on the beds, too!

ldb1030 said:
Hi Plantlady! I know where Riley is!! I grew up in Junciton City (family still there!), now in the Wichita area!

I have family in Junction City too! Also in Abilene and Wamego. I'm in the city though (Overland Park). Anyways, we keep ours at 61 and I must say that I'm glad to see others that keep it at 62. I thought I couldn't possibly survive with it this cold. I sit around the house all day curled up with an electric blanket!

We live in NH. We used to leave it at 68 all day, all night. Last year when oil prices sky rocketed, we purchased programable thermostats. We have them set at 66° when we are home and 60° when we are not. I can honest tell you that I find 66 very cold. DH hates it at 66, he complains all the time. I hate it too, but I live with it. I would love to be those people that could tolerate it lower, but I not. I live in the wrong part of the country.

My family isn't happy with me but I haven't turned our heat on yet. We are in the midwest and have had a few nights below freezing. Down comforters are our friends. The fireplace heats the main level very well in the evening and then we climb under the covers and drift off to dreamland. We all like to sleep in the cold.

I'm in Wisconsin, and keep mine set at 63 in the winter and 68 in the summer. 63 is awfully cold...but I am too cheap to pay for something we don't need (that is what all the blankets I have are for!).

I'm in MN and it is already cold here! We keep it set around 66-68 for the winter and 72 for the summer.

svalencia1 said:
I have family in Junction City too! Also in Abilene and Wamego. I'm in the city though (Overland Park). Anyways, we keep ours at 61 and I must say that I'm glad to see others that keep it at 62. I thought I couldn't possibly survive with it this cold. I sit around the house all day curled up with an electric blanket!

Hey! :wave2: I think you and I chatted on the "people doing demos" thread also!
That's cool you have family in JC also! And Abilene!! Thats's where my step-daughter and her husband live!!! And I was in OP over the weekend seeing one of my sisters!!

It really IS a small world! ;)

near Chicago...

winter =
65 daytime when we are home
62 nighttime or when we are away for the day

last winter we went away for two weeks, so I set it to 58 degrees. came home to fish tank of floaters, the tank heater couldn't keep up. :guilty:

summer = about 72 at night, daytime varies

We live in a cold climate. It's set at 67 during the day & down to 62 at night. We used to do 68 but found that 67 is OK. We use a programmable thermostat.

DD's are always telling me their cold & I'm always telling them to put a hoodie on. We have a gas fireplace that we throw on while we're watching TV if everyone is cold. Heats up the house great.

We're in SE Michigan and it is COLD here. I keep the heat at about 65 during the day, bump it to about 67 when it gets dark, and then turn it to 63 overnight. We all wear hoodies and have down comforters and featherbeds.

My parents hate coming over because they say they freeze here. I HATE the cold, too, but hate the gas bill more! ;)

We are in the Northeast and we usually have it set for 68-70 degrees.

We have YET to turn our HEAT on this fall !

You guys are must be freezing !!! 62 degress ! Burrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that I have the opposite theory...

At night when you are lying still you need warmer temps. During the day when you are moving around and cleaning the house (like I am), you need lower temps............... Just a thought !

MomofKatie said:
You are a strong person!! I don't mind the cold, but I need the A/C in the summer. I cannot function in a house hotter than 74 degrees.

I make very good use out of my 2 ceiling fans. :) Besides I work most of the day so its really only sat or sunday afternoons where I might get a tad hot.

I live in East Tennessee and keep the heat at 70. I Still feel chilly at that temperature. I would have it up to 73 but DH will have a cow. :goodvibes

During the day we keep the house at 70. It goes to 67 during the night and back to 70 before we wake up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter