Thermostat setting..what is yours?

ldb1030

DIS Veteran
I know this will be different depending on where you are located but I'm in the midwest and would like to know about where everyone on a budget is keeping theirs now that it's getting cold again?! :cold:

We are from Indiana, so we get cold here in our part of the midwest also! I try to keep it around 69 or 70 degrees! Some people would say this is too cold, but I think it is fine. I like to use lots of blankets in the winter! Another way to save money besides turning the temp down is to get a programmable thermostat. We got one right before winter last year, and I think it does help to keep costs down also!!! :)

We are in mid-Mi. I am the heat cop of our house, when we are gone I lower it to 55, when we are home it is on 65. I would rather wear a sweatshirt than buy another tank of propane in the winter. I sleep good at night and it gives me an excuse to put the flannel sheets on the bed.

I had it down to 64 last night and woke up freezing! I do have one I can program....just have not done it yet......since we moved in........2.5 yrs ago! ;)

We keep ours at 65 when we are home, and 62 overnight and when we are gone.

Up until last winter, we kept it at 65- amid the high gas prices last year, I decided I didn't want to suffer too much from sticker shock, so we kept it at 62.

It was pretty good, overall- DH and DD complained a bit, but I just told them to put on a sweater! I am Pooh sized, so I run a little hotter than them.

while we are sleeping i put it at 65 - its on a timer so about 1/2 hour b4 we wake i set it for 70 or 71 when we are not home its programmed for 68.

lisa

Ours is at 66 all the time. Any warmer and I'm uncomfortable. I love AC too!

I'm in Kansas. Ours is at 65 during the day, and 58 from 9pm until 6:45 am. Everyone has several bankets, so it's not problem at night, and we have tons of "family" blankets in the living room for during the day if people get a chill.

Kudos to the PP that keeps it at 62, don't let my husband know that people can survive in that cold of temperature! I complain constantly about how cold it is, but the propane is just too expensive.

Hey there! Another Kansan here.

I have ours set at 71 right now, day and night. And I have to tell you that I sit around the house in a tshirt, with a sweatshirt over it, and still am cold. Sometimes, I have to go get my flannel blanket to cover up with too. I HATE the cold weather.

I'm in Tennessee. 60 at night, 65 when we are home but I pump it up to 70 in the mornings when we are taking showers. We have had some cold weather lately and I have just hated having the heat on don't like high utility bills at all. Our natural gas prices have gone down some since last year so after I see how this month goes I might splurge and go to 67 when we are at home.

Plantlady said:
I'm in Kansas. Ours is at 65 during the day, and 58 from 9pm until 6:45 am. Everyone has several bankets, so it's not problem at night, and we have tons of "family" blankets in the living room for during the day if people get a chill.

Kudos to the PP that keeps it at 62, don't let my husband know that people can survive in that cold of temperature! I complain constantly about how cold it is, but the propane is just too expensive.

Hi Plantlady! I know where Riley is!! I grew up in Junciton City (family still there!), now in the Wichita area!

We have it at 68 during the day and programmed to drop to 65 overnight.

I'm in southwest Michigan. We have a programmable thermostat. It's on 69 at night-I prefer it colder, but I have young children that don't use blankets. It's at 64 during the daytime when no one is home. I would have it even lower, but I have two spoiled rotten dogs. It's at 68 the rest of the time and all day on weekends, although I do bump it up to 69 or 70 when it feels extra cold inside.

62 during the day and 60 at night. It's a little chilly, but we're on a budget.

I'm in houston and I have mine turned off. I mainly rely on ceiling fans unless its really close to freezing then the heat comes on or over 90 then the air will come on but its close to 80 when I do turn it on.

We leave ours at about 68 all year. If it's cold,we pile on blankets-we don't have that problem very often though because we live in south Louisiana.

I'm in SC and I keep my heat/Ac on auto to keep the house at 75 all the time..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter