• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's no place like home, a December 2011 DVC pre-trip. 12/2 p56 DL and WDW updates

When and why: Please help choose 2 months in a one year time frame in case we get APs

• October 2010/ Late August 2011 or September 2011

• December 2010/ October 2011

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:woohoo: 25 days until Arizona/Vegas!!! :woohoo:

:goofy: 394 days until THV!!! :goofy:

:smickey: 214 days until ADRs!!! :smickey:

:eeyore: 55 days until DVC ressie!!! :eeyore:

:boat: 186 days until Mexico!!! :boat:

Now with over 200 views in 2 days, I know there are lots of folks reading. Feel free to post. :flower3:

You're getting closer!!!!

How far in advance can DVC members book rooms?

You're getting closer!!!!

How far in advance can DVC members book rooms?

11 months for your home resort and 7 for all others. The majority of advice says: buy where you love to stay however, we had NO issue getting an OKW GV (which are very hard to get) and a 2 bedroom SV (upgrade) at AKV, both at the 7 month mark. :upsidedow

11 months for your home resort and 7 for all others. The majority of advice says: buy where you love to stay however, we had NO issue getting an OKW GV (which are very hard to get) and a 2 bedroom SV (upgrade) at AKV, both at the 7 month mark. :upsidedow

Hmmm sounds good. This DVC thing is looking more and more appealing.

boring and you will never be used in the same sentence.

:goodvibes Gracias BFAM!

Hmmm sounds good. This DVC thing is looking more and more appealing.

It's neato frito Jennifer. Best thing, vacation wise, we have ever done. :thumbsup2 Neither DH nor myself has ever had a moment of regret including when the annual dues statement arrived. ;)

I have changed the dates a bit due to DH's predicted schedule and I will post the rough itinerary in a bit. popcorn::

This is a very rough plan but due to some scheduling changes by DH and his wanting to do a spilt stay within SSR, I have add to move the trip back a couple days but also get to add an extra night :thumbsup2

10/10/2010 Sunday: arrive, stay POR OOP
Monday: THV
Tuesday: THV
Wednesday: THV
Thursday: THV
Friday: THV
Saturday: THV
Sunday: THV
Tuesday: SSR 1 bedroom
Wednesday: SSR 1 bedroom
Thursday: SSR 1 bedroom
Friday: home :sad:

Now if Jenna needs to leave before the 2nd Tuesday (which she best not), we will move to the SSR 1 bedroom earlier.

We will also be doing Sea World on one of the THV days as DH :lovestruc Sea World in October. He digs the decor and costumes. :woohoo:

Not sure what night MNSSHP is but we'll be doing that as well.

DH also wants to golf twice.

Jenna et al will want to visit the Kennedy Space Center. Michael and my kids might want to go but I know I don't. :laughing:

We will also do TL or BB unless we do Sea World's Atlantis water park which is supposed to kick booty! :yay:

Rumor has it the Race for the Taste is supposed to be replaced by another race. If that's true and it's held on 10/10 then we will fly in 10/9 to be able to do the race on 10/10 and just shift the whole plan up a day (if DH can swing it with work which at this point, not happening). :upsidedow The WDW site has the POR that Saturday night costing over $400 and that cannot be right. :faint: Sunday 10/10 it's $191 which seems high even. Maybe they know something I don't. :rolleyes1

This is a very rough plan but due to some scheduling changes by DH and his wanting to do a spilt stay within SSR, I have add to move the trip back a couple days but also get to add an extra night :thumbsup2

Now if Jenna needs to leave before the 2nd Tuesday (which she best not), we will move to the SSR 1 bedroom earlier.

We will also be doing Sea World on one of the THV days as DH :lovestruc Sea World in October. He digs the decor and costumes. :woohoo:

Not sure what night MNSSHP is but we'll be doing that as well.

DH also wants to golf twice.

Jenna et al will want to visit the Kennedy Space Center. Michael and my kids might want to go but I know I don't. :laughing:

We will also do TL or BB unless we do Sea World's Atlantis water park which is supposed to kick booty! :yay:

Rumor has it the Race for the Taste is supposed to be replaced by another race. If that's true and it's held on 10/10 then we will fly in 10/9 to be able to do the race on 10/10 and just shift the whole plan up a day (if DH can swing it with work which at this point, not happening). :upsidedow The WDW site has the POR that Saturday night costing over $400 and that cannot be right. :faint: Sunday 10/10 it's $191 which seems high even. Maybe they know something I don't. :rolleyes1

Sounds fab...I would love to go to MNSSHP, what are you thinking of costumes wise. If I know you like I think I know you there will already be plans made for costumes as well;):rotfl:

Sounds fab...I would love to go to MNSSHP, what are you thinking of costumes wise. If I know you like I think I know you there will already be plans made for costumes as well;):rotfl:

:goodvibes You know me too well. Jenna and I are thinking of a matching group outfits. :idea: Let me rephrase that; I am thinking and then driving her :crazy: with the details. :rotfl2:

Meh, can't sleep, raging headache and I don't get headaches. But lookee at what I found during my quest to not over medicate:

http://www.seaworldspooktacular.com/swfspook.html

Looks fun and it's included but means we'll have to do Sea World on a weekend. Oh and their water park is called Aquatica, not Atlantis. :blush:

:hug: feel better Macushla, I've been up half the night with sinus problems but thankfully it seems to be abating now.

This looks very cool but what if it clashes with MNSSHP :scared1:

I think Atlantis is that place in the Bahamas that has the sealife centre on site...this also looks very cool and could be ANOTHER option for a future Sheets family holiday ;)

:hug: feel better Macushla, I've been up half the night with sinus problems but thankfully it seems to be abating now.

This looks very cool but what if it clashes with MNSSHP :scared1:

I think Atlantis is that place in the Bahamas that has the sealife centre on site...this also looks very cool and could be ANOTHER option for a future Sheets family holiday ;)

:thanks: doll. :hug: Glad you are feeling better.

How did the cake turn out?

Hopefully MNSSHP is not just on weekends otherwise we'll have to somehow manage to do two Halloween parties in a row. :cloud9:

:rotfl2: I KNEW IT!!!! Love it, I wonder how many times the theme will change before you go:rotfl:.

I AM SOOOOOOO JEALOUS

With just over a year, I predict the plan changing 10 times. :rotfl2: And on that note, I already have to change the itinerary. :blush: Jenna has to leave that second Monday afternoon. She's one of those who won't allow her kids to miss loads of school. :rolleyes1
:laughing:

:thanks: doll. :hug: Glad you are feeling better.

How did the cake turn out?

Hopefully MNSSHP is not just on weekends otherwise we'll have to somehow manage to do two Halloween parties in a row. :cloud9:

The cake turned out but not before I had to buy a new cake tin:headache:. The bride is over the moon with it and even the grooms mum is pleased so it must be okay ;):rotfl:. I'll post some pics on FB once the weddings over on Friday.

Two Halloween parties in a row sounds like excellent fun :woohoo:.

The cake turned out but not before I had to buy a new cake tin:headache:. The bride is over the moon with it and even the grooms mum is pleased so it must be okay ;):rotfl:. I'll post some pics on FB once the weddings over on Friday.

Two Halloween parties in a row sounds like excellent fun :woohoo:.

I am happy it turned out well. If the groom's mum is happy, you must have done an amazing job! :thumbsup2 Did you eat all your mistakes? I know I would have. :yay:

Because we are now arriving on 10/10/2010 instead of 10/7/2010, I had to increase my countdown but only by a few days.

:banana: 24 days until AZ/Vegas!!! :banana:

:beach: 185 days until Mexico!!! :beach:

:ccat: 58 days until DVC ressie!!! :ccat:

:donald: 217 days until ADRs!!! :donald:

:goofy: 396 days until THV!!! :goofy:

Jenna et al will arrive Friday 10/8/09

Monday: SSR 1 bedroom

we are doing sea world next trip, too. i've been wanting to go but we just haven't yet. the last time i was there was when i was 15 in 1992. i've always loved it though and ray's been but he was too young to remember. when i was a little girl i wanted to be a dolphin trainer so i've always had a special place in my heart for them. ray even bought me a dolphin necklace when i graduated high school. :love: think it's too late for me to go back to school to be a marine biologist and get a job at sea world training dolphins?

we want to do US too (yes, the OTHER park!), especially after the harry potter park opens. but being that i will hopefully have a little one i want to wait until that little one is old enough to ride stuff there. i'm a huge roller coaster fan and it will kill me not to be able to ride all those awesome coasters they have there.

by the way, did you hear that disney bought out marvel? as in the hulk and spiderman! i told ray i wonder what that means for universal because those are two of their biggest rides and we all know how competitive disney and universal are with each other. i'm hoping that means a future ticket deal between disney and universal. :thumbsup2 but i seriously doubt it.

we are doing sea world next trip, too. i've been wanting to go but we just haven't yet. the last time i was there was when i was 15 in 1992. i've always loved it though and ray's been but he was too young to remember. when i was a little girl i wanted to be a dolphin trainer so i've always had a special place in my heart for them. ray even bought me a dolphin necklace when i graduated high school. :love: think it's too late for me to go back to school to be a marine biologist and get a job at sea world training dolphins?

I think you would be great at it! :hug: I love Sea World too and my kids haven't been since Joshua was like 3 months old. We went in October 2001 and that's when Michael started to appreciate the whole theme of a theme park. ;)

we want to do US too (yes, the OTHER park!), especially after the harry potter park opens. but being that i will hopefully have a little one i want to wait until that little one is old enough to ride stuff there. i'm a huge roller coaster fan and it will kill me not to be able to ride all those awesome coasters they have there.

The Harry Potter land is going to be cool. My kids want to try US too, Michael is on the fence, and I just can't imagine 3 days away from Disney. :faint:

by the way, did you hear that disney bought out marvel? as in the hulk and spiderman! i told ray i wonder what that means for universal because those are two of their biggest rides and we all know how competitive disney and universal are with each other. i'm hoping that means a future ticket deal between disney and universal. :thumbsup2 but i seriously doubt it.

Really? I didn't hear that! Michael is a huge Marvel comics fan. Maybe that's the 5th theme park in the works? :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter