There's no place like home, a December 2011 DVC pre-trip. 12/2 p56 DL and WDW updates

When and why: Please help choose 2 months in a one year time frame in case we get APs

• October 2010/ Late August 2011 or September 2011

• December 2010/ October 2011

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I would be the WDW Mom's Panel resident Jakey? :dance3:

I say step away from the cake for a bit if you are feeling hormonally challenged. Tears might ruin the cake. :hug:

::yes::I'm sure Jo will back me up when I say there is a massive amount of pressure on kids in the UK to do well at school as there is so much competition for university places and they are always having it drummed into them that you need to do well academically to be able to get any type of job in todays employment market. It's sad because some kids just can't take the pressure and are being pushed in directions that they are perhaps not suited to. Becci's school is very academically competative and I think some of the parents really need to take a chill pill :sad2:

That pressure is terrible and unfortunately can work in the opposite direction and deter kids from completing their education. There has to be a happy balance. I can't say much though because until college, the schools here in Utah don't seem to promote any competition unless it's in football or cheer-leading, ya know, the really important skills. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

:hyper: And I told DH he best be deciding on APs soon because I only have 58 days until I can make our reservations.

:banana:C'MON THE JAKEY!!!!! LOL I read this first as PRESIDENT JAKEY :lmao: I definately feel that you would definately be a positive addition to the Mom's panel :cheer2:...you'd get my vote :goodvibes

I say step away from the cake for a bit if you are feeling hormonally challenged. Tears might ruin the cake. :hug:

The SECOND attempt has also sunk...may have something to do with me opening the door to keek at it and then my hormones slamming the door of the oven when I saw that the batter was spilling over the edge of the tin :headache: OOPS. I am now putting my trust in God and Pinot Grigio to get me through this third attempt :guilty:

That pressure is terrible and unfortunately can work in the opposite direction and deter kids from completing their education. There has to be a happy balance. I can't say much though because until college, the schools here in Utah don't seem to promote any competition unless it's in football or cheer-leading, ya know, the really important skills. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

I totally agree that pressure can be counter productive, to be honest it works for Becci because she has a very competative nature but there are some kids who need to hear that being a builder/electrician/car mechanic is just as valuable a job as a lawyer/accountant/etc. Some of Becci's friends parents are very centred on academic achievement and I feel so sorry for them. I always thought that there would be the same type of academic competition in the US with people striving for "the American Dream", I'm gob-smacked that's not the case. Good job you're kids have got parents that will keep them focused eh??

:hyper: And I told DH he best be deciding on APs soon because I only have 58 days until I can make our reservations.

Oh man, that close? Tell that Michael to get his finger out, he's on a VERY tight time frame here;):lmao:

Think I could change my screen name to President Jakey? :lmao:

Sorry about the cake babe. Put it to rest for today.

I totally agree that pressure can be counter productive, to be honest it works for Becci because she has a very competative nature but there are some kids who need to hear that being a builder/electrician/car mechanic is just as valuable a job as a lawyer/accountant/etc. Some of Becci's friends parents are very centred on academic achievement and I feel so sorry for them. I always thought that there would be the same type of academic competition in the US with people striving for "the American Dream", I'm gob-smacked that's not the case. Good job you're kids have got parents that will keep them focused eh??

:thumbsup2 Awesome that it works for Bex. With a mama like you (realistic) I bet she can do anything!!!!

Oh man, that close? Tell that Michael to get his finger out, he's on a VERY tight time frame here;):lmao:

:lmao: I did tell him. He rolled his eyes and said he'll think about it tonight. Maybe I will help him decide? pirate:

:rotfl2:
Think I could change my screen name to President Jakey? :lmao:

:lmao:That would be SO cool...love it:cool1::rotfl:

Sorry about the cake babe. Put it to rest for today.

It has really been driving me nut's because my other tin that's sort of the same size leaked as well so I've decided to cut into both cakes sandwidge them together and hope for the best. I'm now on my third glass of wine and it's really not bothering me as much;):rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Awesome that it works for Bex. With a mama like you (realistic) I bet she can do anything!!!!

Heaven know's what Bex is going to do with her future but as long as she's happy and fulfilled I really won't stress it. She's leaning towards artistic careers but next week it could be dog therapist;) hey ho, as a wise woman once said "que sera, sera"

:lmao: I did tell him. He rolled his eyes and said he'll think about it tonight. Maybe I will help him decide? pirate:

Mama knows what to do, some gentle persuasion perchance....

Wouldn't that be funny?! RentaJakey? :laughing:

Mama knows what to do, some gentle persuasion perchance....

Mama always knows. :cool2: The fact that men are simple folk and their needs stay consistent doesn't hurt either. ;)

Glad a wee drink(s) has helped take the edge off. My plan is to have a few tonight. Last night I played taxi to the kids so tonight I am going to have a few, may have a fire too in the pit. I deserve it. I have been working my behind off whilst Michael is still on the injured list. :sad1: Tonight he is doing his range of motion test to see if the doc will let him go back. We need lots of pixiedust: :flower3:

Doris Day was wise. :thumbsup2 Que sera sera................

you're never gonna believe this but i've already been planning our schedule for our december 2010 trip! i based this on this year's hours because my guess is they'll be similar. (this year's were very similar to last year's hours.) of course disney will probably throw a wrench in my well-thought-out-a-year-in-advance plans and it won't be anything like this year's hours.

take a look at this and see if there's any meals you see that tickle your fancy. maybe we can do a meal together if you guys end up going around the same time as us. i'm trying to give us a lot of flexibility because we may have a little one with us and there will be no commando touring. plus we know we'll be back soon so it's not like we have to get everything done.

oh, and just FYI, we're thinking of doing the deluxe DDP this trip while we can. we want to try some of the 2TS restaurants and i figure as the little one gets bigger, that's gonna be a harder thing to do. it's easy to carry a crying baby out of a restaurant for a few minutes but it's not so easy to calm down a 3yo who hasn't had a nap.

12/10 Friday –
~Drive down/stay at Clarion near Sea World

12/11 Saturday –
~Check out of Clarion
~Sea World
~Check in at VWL
~Dinner at California Grill around 7:30 (Wishes should be at 8:00) - see Contemporary Xmas decorations

12/12 Sunday –
~MK rope drop
~Lunch at MK CS
~go by GF to see Xmas decorations
~Afternoon break
~dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse around 7:00 - see YC and BC Xmas decorations
~DHS for EMH and Osborne Lights

12/13 Monday –
~Free morning/DTD
~Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Café around 12:00
~MK
~Dinner at CRT around 5:00
~Spectro & Wishes
~MK EMH

12/14 Tuesday –
~DHS
~Lunch at DHS CS
~Afternoon break
~Dinner at Kouzzina around 4:30 - see Boardwalk Xmas decorations
~Epcot
~Illuminations at 9:30

12/15 Wednesday –
~Free morning
~AK around 1:00-2:00
~Jingle Jungle Parade at 3:45
~Dinner at Boma around 5:00 (earliest seating) - see AKL Xmas decorations
~AK EMH until 8:00

12/16 Thursday –
~Epcot
~Segway Tour at 9:30 (this will only occur if my sister and her boyfriend happen to be there too and can babysit that morning - they are thinking of joining us for a few days)
~Lunch at Tutto Italia around 1:30
~Afternoon break
~DHS
~Fantasmic at 6:30
~Dinner at Flying Fish around 8:30

12/17 Friday –
~Free morning
~Lunch at Whispering Canyon Café around 1:00
~MVMCP
~Dinner at MK CS

12/18 Saturday –
~Sleep in
~Check out, drive home and be sad :sad1:

p.s. yes, i know i'm crazy for planning this early but at least i admit i have a hardcore case of disney OCD. :rolleyes1

:hug: Let me start by saying: I adore you!!!!! I love that you are planning this early. Are you pregnant and holding out on me?????

you're never gonna believe this but i've already been planning our schedule for our december 2010 trip! i based this on this year's hours because my guess is they'll be similar. (this year's were very similar to last year's hours.) of course disney will probably throw a wrench in my well-thought-out-a-year-in-advance plans and it won't be anything like this year's hours.

take a look at this and see if there's any meals you see that tickle your fancy. maybe we can do a meal together if you guys end up going around the same time as us. i'm trying to give us a lot of flexibility because we may have a little one with us and there will be no commando touring. plus we know we'll be back soon so it's not like we have to get everything done.

oh, and just FYI, we're thinking of doing the deluxe DDP this trip while we can. we want to try some of the 2TS restaurants and i figure as the little one gets bigger, that's gonna be a harder thing to do. it's easy to carry a crying baby out of a restaurant for a few minutes but it's not so easy to calm down a 3yo who hasn't had a nap.

12/10 Friday –
~Drive down/stay at Clarion near Sea World

12/11 Saturday –
~Check out of Clarion
~Sea World
~Check in at VWL
~Dinner at California Grill around 7:30 (Wishes should be at 8:00) - see Contemporary Xmas decorations

12/12 Sunday –
~MK rope drop
~Lunch at MK CS
~go by GF to see Xmas decorations
~Afternoon break
~dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse around 7:00 - see YC and BC Xmas decorations
~DHS for EMH and Osborne Lights

12/13 Monday –
~Free morning/DTD
~Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Café around 12:00
~MK
~Dinner at CRT around 5:00
~Spectro & Wishes
~MK EMH

12/14 Tuesday –
~DHS
~Lunch at DHS CS
~Afternoon break
~Dinner at Kouzzina around 4:30 - see Boardwalk Xmas decorations
~Epcot
~Illuminations at 9:30

12/15 Wednesday –
~Free morning
~AK around 1:00-2:00
~Jingle Jungle Parade at 3:45
~Dinner at Boma around 5:00 (earliest seating) - see AKL Xmas decorations
~AK EMH until 8:00

12/16 Thursday –
~Epcot
~Segway Tour at 9:30 (this will only occur if my sister and her boyfriend happen to be there too and can babysit that morning - they are thinking of joining us for a few days)
~Lunch at Tutto Italia around 1:30
~Afternoon break
~DHS
~Fantasmic at 6:30
~Dinner at Flying Fish around 8:30

12/17 Friday –
~Free morning
~Lunch at Whispering Canyon Café around 1:00
~MVMCP
~Dinner at MK CS

12/18 Saturday –
~Sleep in
~Check out, drive home and be sad :sad1:

p.s. yes, i know i'm crazy for planning this early but at least i admit i have a hardcore case of disney OCD. :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2 Love it all. I can just pirate your plan! :rolleyes1 As far as ADRs: love Boma and Cal Grill, would love to try Kouzzina, Flying Fish, and Yachtsman Steakhouse!! :banana: Your plans really do look fabulous!!!!! :worship: I bet the Boardwalk looks amazing during the holidays. Do you already know where you are staying or want to stay?

Oh and I will babysit Little Punkin while you Segway! :goodvibes I think Value season for DVC is very end of Novemver thru Dec 14 so we would have a few days overlap! :woohoo: :teeth:

:hug: Let me start by saying: I adore you!!!!! I love that you are planning this early. Are you pregnant and holding out on me?????

i'm glad you appreciate it.....ray thinks i'm crazy! but we already knew that. nope, no news yet. we are officially trying though.

:thumbsup2 Love it all. I can just pirate your plan! :rolleyes1 As far as ADRs: love Boma and Cal Grill, would love to try Kouzzina, Flying Fish, and Yachtsman Steakhouse!! :banana: Your plans really do look fabulous!!!!! :worship: I bet the Boardwalk looks amazing during the holidays. Do you already know where you are staying or want to stay?

Oh and I will babysit Little Punkin while you Segway! :goodvibes

we are staying at VWL....i can't wait! good to know you will babysit! :laughing: when ray mentioned that he wanted to do the segway tour i was like okay, but then i remembered we may have a little one and nixed it. but then when brooke (my sis) said she may come i told ray she and jon could watch the baby that morning. he said, "i wouldn't want to make her do that on her vacation." i was like, "are you crazy????? if i handed my baby to my sister and said, 'here, take him/her to MK for the morning....have fun!' she'd be in HEAVEN!!!!" :goodvibes

oh, and those plans will probably change about 593 times before i make my ADRs. :rolleyes:

just catching up....

DH: 43, Disney muggle up until this last trip in May.

disney muggle....i gotta remember that one! :lmao:

1a360335.jpg

i love joshua in this picture. what's he pouting about?

AKL CL? :faint: Everything I have read about CL has been unreal. :cloud9: And CL is supposed to be quite difficult to get so :woohoo: and :banana: How many nights? Whose going? I am guessing next August as we are in September now. I know, I am super smert. :laughing:

I would be happy to answer any and all questions. Just knowing the little I do about you and how you like to travel, I think DVC would be wise. You enjoy the Deluxe accommodations and that's all DVC offers. I bet once you look at the numbers, you'd end up saving quite a bit over the years. Plus you could still take the occasional trip to your beloved Poly. :thumbsup2

We chose AKL CL because it was actually cheaper than a garden view room at the Poly. Can you believe it? Last year, we were upgraded to CL at the CR and Poly. Well, Disney has converted us :lmao:

We are going in August for 7 nights.

I'm going to compile a list of questions about DVC and PM you. I'm thinking it may be a wise investment.

I just realized you're thinking of going December 2010. We're actually planning a trip at the beginning of December. Since you know I like the deluxes, can you guess what resort I have my eye on for that trip? :rotfl2:

i'm glad you appreciate it.....ray thinks i'm crazy! but we already knew that. nope, no news yet. we are officially trying though.

:goodvibes Good preggo vibes coming your way. FYI, I got knocked up 3 times by drinking too many Margaritas. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

we are staying at VWL....i can't wait! good to know you will babysit! :laughing: when ray mentioned that he wanted to do the segway tour i was like okay, but then i remembered we may have a little one and nixed it. but then when brooke (my sis) said she may come i told ray she and jon could watch the baby that morning. he said, "i wouldn't want to make her do that on her vacation." i was like, "are you crazy????? if i handed my baby to my sister and said, 'here, take him/her to MK for the morning....have fun!' she'd be in HEAVEN!!!!" :goodvibes

The WLV will be amazing suring the holidays. Does your DVC hook-up own at WLV?

Well if your sis doesn't go, I would be happy to. :cloud9:

oh, and those plans will probably change about 593 times before i make my ADRs. :rolleyes:

:lmao: I know as will mine. :rotfl:

just catching up....

disney muggle....i gotta remember that one! :lmao:

i love joshua in this picture. what's he pouting about?

I don't remember but he does make quite the good pouty face. My guess is that it was over a toy, in particular Buzz Lightyear. Joshua was a Buzz fanatic. I swear he had every Buzz in every vehicle in every color. The shoes in the picture were Buzz light-up shoes even. He was ga-ga for Buzz Yightyear. That's what he called him. :cutie:

We chose AKL CL because it was actually cheaper than a garden view room at the Poly. Can you believe it? Last year, we were upgraded to CL at the CR and Poly. Well, Disney has converted us :lmao:

They hooked you with concierge, they are sneaky!!!! pirate: And no I cannot believe AKV concierge was cheaper than the Poly garden view! :faint:

We are going in August for 7 nights.

:woohoo: Early, middle, or end?

I'm going to compile a list of questions about DVC and PM you. I'm thinking it may be a wise investment.

::yes:: Agreed especially when you enjoy the Deluxe resorts!

I just realized you're thinking of going December 2010. We're actually planning a trip at the beginning of December. Since you know I like the deluxes, can you guess what resort I have my eye on for that trip? :rotfl2:

Wilderness Lodge?????

We would go early December too. The first 2 weeks in Dec. are value season for DVC. :dance3: :woohoo: More stay for my point. :banana:

They hooked you with concierge, they are sneaky!!!! pirate: And no I cannot believe AKV concierge was cheaper than the Poly garden view! :faint:

:woohoo: Early, middle, or end?

::yes:: Agreed especially when you enjoy the Deluxe resorts!

Wilderness Lodge?????

We would go early December too. The first 2 weeks in Dec. are value season for DVC. :dance3: :woohoo: More stay for my point. :banana:

Those sneaky Disney CMs must have known that the upgrade would cause a chain reaction that results in other CL reservations :rotfl2:

We're doing a standard club level room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. No villas this time. The idea of a kitchen on vacation gives me hives :lmao:
And it was a little over $100 less than the Poly garden view.

Early August. The 4th-11th.

I'd love to buy at AKV or perhaps BLT :goodvibes

Not Wilderness Lodge this time. We had dinner at the WL last summer at WCC. While the Lodge is so beautiful, it's a little too rustic for me. The outdoors and me are not friends :) December 2010 will be at the Grand Floridian. Disney marketing works on me. Show me a giant gingerbread house and a huge tree and I'm selling my unborn children.

We're thinking December 8th-12th. Just a long weekend for all of the holiday festivities. I'd like to attend MVMCP. We may be there the same time. How long are you thinking of staying?

I haven't completely decided if I am going to try for the panel but have been thinking about what I could possibly say in the essay. Wish they'd post the questions already. :hyper: Last year they said over 10,000 people tried. That's a lot so I don't hold much hope.
There were almost 20,000 last year and this year it's either 20,000 applicants or when theyreach 10 days which ever comes best. Remember though I got chosen so anyone can :thumbsup2

I think you'd be great on the panel, you can only give it your best shot and hope for a successful outcome. I say definately go for it Toots:goodvibes
Kirsteen you apply too, you get to be a MMC member and sometimes get sent little gifts :thumbsup2

Well I personally think they need someone a little edgier. ;) Ya know with advice on the best place to get lit and scope hotties! :laughing:
:rotfl2:

::yes::I'm sure Jo will back me up when I say there is a massive amount of pressure on kids in the UK to do well at school as there is so much competition for university places and they are always having it drummed into them that you need to do well academically to be able to get any type of job in todays employment market. It's sad because some kids just can't take the pressure and are being pushed in directions that they are perhaps not suited to. Becci's school is very academically competative and I think some of the parents really need to take a chill pill :sad2:
Yup and here a lot of schools get them to do their GCSE's a year early, why???? :headache:

We've already got loads of them :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Those sneaky Disney CMs must have known that the upgrade would cause a chain reaction that results in other CL reservations :rotfl2:

My guess is that there is more psychology used in Disney than we know. :teacher:

We're doing a standard club level room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. No villas this time. The idea of a kitchen on vacation gives me hives :lmao:
And it was a little over $100 less than the Poly garden view.

$100 less per night? That's a great savings!!! And I love having a kitchen but with 3 kids, it's a must. Gotta have microwave popcorn, fruit, juice, milk, Pizza Rolls and Bagel Bites for those late night/after swimming snacks plus we do enjoy a nice breakfast. I would go broke if I had to run to the gift shop for food everytime they were hungry late at night. :faint:

Early August. The 4th-11th.

Perfect! Most schools are not back in so I wonder how the crowds will be?

I'd love to buy at AKV or perhaps BLT :goodvibes

BLT is going up to $120 a point on October 4th for non-current DVC members. :faint: I haven't heard of any increases on AKV though. :thumbsup2 Plus you can always buy re-sale.

Not Wilderness Lodge this time. We had dinner at the WL last summer at WCC. While the Lodge is so beautiful, it's a little too rustic for me. The outdoors and me are not friends :) December 2010 will be at the Grand Floridian. Disney marketing works on me. Show me a giant gingerbread house and a huge tree and I'm selling my unborn children.

:lmao: Ya know, I was debating between the WL and GF but chose WL because it's insanely magical during the holidays. That's of course before I knew about the gingerbread house heaven at GF. :cloud9: I love gingerbread houses!

We're thinking December 8th-12th. Just a long weekend for all of the holiday festivities. I'd like to attend MVMCP. We may be there the same time. How long are you thinking of staying?

I'd like 11 nights and am thinking if we did December 2010, depending on the days of the week, maybe the 3-14th. I'd like to have 2 weekends in there so the kids miss less school. :blush: MVMCP looks like a blast. :woohoo:

There were almost 20,000 last year and this year it's either 20,000 applicants or when theyreach 10 days which ever comes best. Remember though I got chosen so anyone can :thumbsup2

20,000? :faint: OMHell, the site said over 10,000. Guess 10,000 is over 20,000. :laughing: Have the questions been posted yet?

We've already got loads of them :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe Disney should change the name then to the WDW Jakey Mom's Panel? :thumbsup2 Guess my in as a lush has been taken! :rotfl:

:banana: 27 days until Arizona/Vegas!!! :banana:

:tigger: 396 days until THV!!! :tigger:

:stitch2: 216 days until ADRs!!! :stitch2:

:mickeybar 57 days until DVC ressie!!! :mickeybar

party: 188 days until Mexico!!! party:

:goodvibes Good preggo vibes coming your way. FYI, I got knocked up 3 times by drinking too many Margaritas. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

i will keep that in mind. :rotfl:

The WLV will be amazing suring the holidays. Does your DVC hook-up own at WLV?

no, they own at SSR and AKV. we've stayed at SSR so we're opted to book at AKV at 11 months out (in january) and then she will change that to VWL if possible 6 months out. she says she doesn't think it'll be a problem as long as she's on the ball and does it as soon as she can. she did the same thing for my boss who is going this december but is staying at BWV. we opted for AKV just because we've stayed at SSR already - we loved it but just in case we can't get VWL we wanted something new.

Well if your sis doesn't go, I would be happy to. :cloud9:

i will definitely remember that!

He was ga-ga for Buzz Yightyear. That's what he called him. :cutie:

too cute! :goodvibes

i will keep that in mind. :rotfl:

Please pass the info to Ray. I am sure he will comply. :laughing:

no, they own at SSR and AKV. we've stayed at SSR so we're opted to book at AKV at 11 months out (in january) and then she will change that to VWL if possible 6 months out. she says she doesn't think it'll be a problem as long as she's on the ball and does it as soon as she can. she did the same thing for my boss who is going this december but is staying at BWV. we opted for AKV just because we've stayed at SSR already - we loved it but just in case we can't get VWL we wanted something new.

If something happens and WLV doesn't open up, you will love AKV. Try to get a Savannah View. Honestly, it's unreal. pixiedust: We loves Jambo and if I am not mistaken, more rooms have SVs. Are you doing a Studio?

I can't wait to try them all. So far we have stayed at OKW and AKV. Gab is begging to do a split stay at THV/AKV during our next trip. She was over the moon with that SV.

In order, I would like to try:
SSR/THV
GCV
BWV or BCV
WLV
BLT

but honestly, I think they are all fabulous in their own way. :woohoo:

i will definitely remember that!

:goodvibes

too cute! :goodvibes

I had a good friend ask if she could have all Joshua's old Buzz Lightyear toys for her step-son. :faint: I told her she was out of her mind. Disney toys stay put!

Because Wendy and Derek are DVC owners, we've stayed at BWV, VWL and BCV. They've stayed at SSR.

LOVE BCV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter