There's No Crying in Disney! ***Completed

Those were some great pictures of the MK empty!!!! Another great and entertaining update. That was actually kinda sad that the mom of the little boy who was having the sword fight with Hook didn't take a picture! Looking forward to reading how the rest of the MK day.

you had a character BKfst at GF, went to the water park, dinner at the luau, then PI, and that was RELAX day? left PI at 1;15 and made it to 8 am adr the next morning? ok, now I feel old.
our fave at pleasure island is the Adventurers Club. really more of a show. it's a turn of the century british hunting club, and the "actors" who mingle with you are great! wonderful improv! you even learn a new drinking cheer: Kongaloosh!

great TR..can't wait to read the rest! :thumbsup2

Thank you! Update coming soonish!

Those were some great pictures of the MK empty!!!! Another great and entertaining update. That was actually kinda sad that the mom of the little boy who was having the sword fight with Hook didn't take a picture! Looking forward to reading how the rest of the MK day.

I know! How can a mom miss that. What's worse is the Photopass guy didn't take pics either. :eek:

you had a character BKfst at GF, went to the water park, dinner at the luau, then PI, and that was RELAX day? left PI at 1;15 and made it to 8 am adr the next morning? ok, now I feel old.
our fave at pleasure island is the Adventurers Club. really more of a show. it's a turn of the century british hunting club, and the "actors" who mingle with you are great! wonderful improv! you even learn a new drinking cheer: Kongaloosh!

Yeah that was our relax day :rotfl: . Considering we spent entire days in the parks, not being out there and walking around was relaxing for us. Don't worry it'll catch up to us. I've been hearing a lot about the Adventurer's Club, I do have a trip coming up so we'll see if we can make it there ;)

Can't believe I just now found this TR. This is great! Wonderful pictures! Love the castle alone in the morning! Looks like you girls had a good time despite the little "misunderstanding" in EPCOT! I hope there's more to come on this one! :surfweb: I see you're going back soon & I can't wait for the new report! Who will be with you on the next trip?

DC walks up to Smee and Hook to get her autographs and pics and boy were these 2 “ON”. Hook immediately starts messing with her, starting with admiring what we have dubbed her fish scale earrings. Then he decides she should not be getting her photos taken her and upstages her. Then he sees Tink and he is not a happy Captain. Here are her Photopass pics:
DisneyPhotoImage75.jpg

CIMG1109.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage79.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage78.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage72.jpg

CIMG1112.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage69.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage67.jpg

CIMG1113.jpg

CIMG1114.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage65.jpg

Do you see his threatening hook by her neck?

Then it’s my turn and Smee goes for my Pal Mickey that I have hanging on my bag thingy. He was very interested in him and then Hook decides to join in on the shenanigans and starts making Pal Mickey talk, giggle and vibrate. It was absolutely hilarious. Here are my Photopass pics:
DisneyPhotoImage60.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage61.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage53.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage58.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage54.jpg

CIMG1116.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage49.jpg

After our successful and fun meet and greets, we head on over to the Pirate Tutorial that is still going on and seek out Yani and friends. They’re up front somewhere on the side so DC heads over to them. I decide to scooch up as close as possible to the front center so I could get a good pic of Capt. Jack. This is the best shot I could get:

CIMG1118.jpg

Then Jack and the pirate guy that was acting with him break into song Yo Ho Me Hearties Yo Ho!:

(Sorry for another shoddy video I used the beta upload on Photobucket ‘cause the other one was taking too long, and it was hard to follow him over people’s heads, apparently cameras don’t do the same thing as videos when you rotate. Who knew?) Did ya hear my horrible singing? Did ya see Jack run right by me! He brushed up against me!
Oh Yani will be soooo jealous!

Anyway by this time our JC FPs are up so we make it on over there and pass all the suckers…err I mean people in the stand by line and board our boat. We get a cute skipper and I am apparently the only one paying attention to all the corny jokes and participating in his questions. What’s wrong with everybody? Do they not realize this is an interactive cruise?

Here’s Yani while we’re cruisin’:

CIMG1124.jpg

I love her hat, it’s a Pirates and Princesses hat, but I like the little silver earring thingies on the bill of the hat. Anyhoo

So we safely make it back through the dangerous rivers of the JC and you will not believe who I saw as we’re docking!

Getting Our Ride On!

OMGosh...look at all the updates I came home to!!! :woohoo: for your MK day! :woohoo: for crappy breakfast...or so-so breakfast!

Love the Pirates...yummmmmmmmm! Captain Jack...he gets a rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwrrrrr...psst...psst!

I saw Pooh! No not Winnie the Pooh. Lemme 'splain. If any of you have read UtahMama’s TR you might recognize Pooh. He was her skipper on her JC and even got a pic with him. So if you’ve read her report you might know who I’m talking aboot, but if you haven’t….what’s wrong with you? Very funny TR and definitely a good read amongst TRs. Ok enough plugging of other people’s TRs, back to mine.

So I spot Pooh and I am alone in my excitement of recognizing him. I wanted to take a pic, but my party has jumped ahead of me and was walking out of JC. So bye skipper Pooh!

As we exit JC we look around for what to do next. Aladdin is near us, but it already has a freakishly ginormous line, so no Aladdin for us. The Tiki Room is right in front of us, but it doesn’t seem up and running yet, so can’t do that one either. It’s almost 11 am and we’ve only done 2 1/2 rides (the Treehouse is the ½)!:scared1: But we’ve actually done 5 ½ things, so not too bad.:thumbsup2 Collette had bought herself a personalized ring while we were doing our character things. It was really cute and had the initials of her family along the top.

Moving along we head into
CIMG1120.jpg

We mosey on over to SM and BTMRR and SM has a ridiculous wait time already so we decide to FP that one and BTMRR has a 20 min wait, but it was actually like 10 min. So score another one for us!
Here we are as we enter the line:
CIMG1137.jpg

Here we are before the ride:
CIMG1139.jpg

This ride really jerks you around! I didn’t remember that at all. No wonder babies get squished on BTMRR (that was for you V).:thumbsup2

Our FP time isn’t up yet so we get transported into the Old West and I spot Country Bear Jamboree (CBJ). I ask everyone if they wanna see it (and explain what it is) and everyone’s in. As we’re walking in the CM stops us and tells us that the next show starts in 15 min. Wah?! :eek: The time thingy just said 5 min wait! Ugh! So we turn our rejected selves back and decide to wait it out and take up on a little platform thingy. DC wanders off….again.:confused3 I decide to call Mommy and check in with her. Yani is texting her BF and Collette and Monica decide to lie down on the platform thingy and rest. DC calls me over to a store nearby and in I walk into a Disney pin store. Why oh why does DC do this to me. She knows full well my Ebay shopping extravaganza for Disney pins prior to the trip where I spent way too much money on pins I wanted to keep as opposed to trade (which defeats the whole purpose of wanting to pin trade). Anyhoo she shows me a cutie Donald pin and I’m so tempted to buy it until I see its $8 price tag. :sad2: Nope, that’s way too overpriced for me. We peruse the pin shop some more and I finally drag her out to see if we can hit up CBJ now. Well whaddya know, they’re letting people into CBJ and I let everyone know, so we walk on over again and I see the CM close the door. D’oh!! :headache: Well apparently we missed CBJ again, so this show was apparently not for us. Fine. Moving on. I consult with Yani, who’s my tour guide associate on what we can do next that’s not too far away and she says Haunted Mansion (HM) is nearby. Excellent (said in the Mr. Smithers voice).

HM had a short wait:
CIMG1144.jpg

I absolutely lurrrve this ride. I take some pics and we’re let into our holding cell and I’m snapping pics for my scrapbook when the CM loudly announces, “No Flash Photography!”:mad: Ooops.:blush: I didn’t know…..honest.:rolleyes1 We have now crossed the point of no return. DC and Collette are kinda freaked and we’re soon plunged into darkness and led to our death….err buggy’s. DC, Yani and I ride in a buggy and Collette and Monica in the other. I don’t care how old this ride is, it is still as great as the first time I rode it all those years ago in Disneyland when my love for all things Disney began. So we meet our hitchhiking ghost:hmghost: and our HM adventure has come to an end.

I spot the carriage outside the exit and ask the Photopass people if we can take a pic:
DisneyPhotoImage47.jpg

Then Yani spots the little kiosk selling her other lover’s stuff, Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas (she has a thing for Jacks). Amazingly she controls herself and doesn’t buy anything but we did try on some hats:
CIMG1163.jpg

Well whaddya know! Our SM FP time has finally arrived. Yani opts out of SM, alright. We leave all our stuff with her and you will not believe this… Monica pulls out a shower cap! :lmao: Oh my little goodness! She is not serious. Apparently neither Collette nor Monica wants to get their hair wet. So I tell them I’ll let them know when to cover their heads because I am not walking into SM with her wearing a shower cap.:sad2:

We head into to SM and pass all the suckers…err people in the stand by again and shortly board our log. My favorite part of this ride is The Laughing Place. It truly does just make you want to laugh.
Here’s a pic Yani snapped of us after we had splashed:
DSCN0683.jpg

Collette and I are up front (she covered her head with her sweater) and DC and Monica are behind us. Unfortunately I didn’t think of taking a redneck pic to see Monica in her full shower cap glory and I sure wasn’t buying it either.

We meet up with Yani and spot the Woody and Friends show thingy going on over by CBJ. As we’re making our way through Monica spots the Turkey Legs and buys herself one:
DSCN0689.jpg

We watch the show for a few minutes and move head back to Main Street. Everyone is getting hungry and DC wants to eat at Casey’s so we’re headed over there. As we take the little walkway on the side of the castle I see we missed Cinderellabration because some fireworks were going off. Darn! I really wanted to see it. Oh well, next time.;)

At Casey’s Collette does the hover thing waiting for a table to vacate. DC and Monica head in to get in line for food. I ask Collette what she wants and she wants a burger. I don’t know if they sell burgers here so I quickly check the menu and that’s a negative Ghost Rider. Yani and I want burgers too, so we check the map to locate Pecos Bill’s and it’s back in Frontierland. We tell Collette we’re going there to get the burgers. Yani and I head back from where we came and it is now packed. Whoa! (said like Joey from Blossom, does anyone remember that show?) We just left this place a minute ago. Pecos is packed with THEM and we’re part of it, but the lines were short so it wasn’t too bad. Yani and I tap into our never used before waitressing skills and zig zag through the crowd with our trays back to Casey’s to get our grub on. All I have to say is my burger was delicious and so was my peanut butter brownie mousse.:thumbsup2

We finish up our grub and stake out a spot in front of Casey’s because it’s almost Parade Time! Where’d DC go?:confused3

Parade Time!

We’re sitting at the curb with our tummies fully satisfied waiting for the parade to start and nobody knows where DC has gone off to. I try calling her, but she left her phone in the bag I’m carrying. Lovely. We’re watching the clouds because it looks like it’s gonna rain and that would suck donkey balls if it did and I think they were delaying the parade in case the heaven’s decided to open up. Meanwhile the CMs are trying to keep the kids entertained with activity and what not. Then I hear music! Woohoo here comes the parade!

Nope, Disney is just being a big tease and we’re treated to the marching band of the day/week or whatever parade. We wait some more and woohoo, more music!

Again, no parade and more teasing. Here come the Cinderella Suite winners!

Boooo Hissss Hisss!

Me? Jealous? What gave you that idea? :rolleyes1

We all clap for the winners despite our jealousy and continue to wait for the parade. I think I killed a hundred flies/gnats/strange looking black bug thingies as we waited for the parade. I had a little massacre pile of insect carcasses around my feet. I tried shooing them away, and said, "Shoo fly you're bothering me." but they were being annoying and not listening to me so I had no choice but to end their pathetic little existence. Plus my butt was tired and I was getting cranky:mad: that the parade hadn’t started (now 5 min. late) and I still had no clue where DC was.:confused3

A minute before parade time, and guess who shows up? Yup, DC strides right along to our curbside spot and settles in to watch the parade while I start grilling her on her whereabouts and to not leave without her cell phone and that I was worried and she needs to at least tell me where she’s going and I threatened that I was going to leave her if she hadn’t shown up and that her stupid BF called her like 7 times. She gave me that chill out look and proceeded to tell me that she was in the gift shops and all the gift shops connected, which was “so cool!”

The music starts again and finally! Parade Time, 10 min. late though.

Some Parade Pics for your viewing pleasure:
It all started with a mouse...
CIMG1170.jpg

Awww Figaro and Cleo
CIMG1176.jpg

Hello Lover...
CIMG1183.jpg

OMG! Hook is stalking us!
CIMG1190.jpg

My Favorite Float
DSCN0709.jpg

Yani meeting one of the Cinderella Mice, Perla?
CIMG1206.jpg

Cinderelly
DSCN0716.jpg

He doesn't look hairy or slobbery to me! Hello Lover..
CIMG1214.jpg

Look! Fairies!
CIMG1215.jpg

And of course My Main Guy! (Sorry V, I Lurrrve me Mr Duck)
CIMG1221.jpg

Fantasyland and Toon Town

The constant disappearing act your DC keeps pulling would have driven me nuts! I am a control freak and when at a place like Disney I always need to know where everybody is or I will be worried that they got lost. Then again certain members of my family are terrible at navigation and get lost very easily so my paranoia is some what warranted.:rotfl:

Wow! You guys did Splash Mountain! I still can work up the courage to get on that! So funny she put on a shower cap! :rotfl: How much you wanna bet she's NOT the first to do that!

You all had great seats for the parade! The only parade I REALLY get excited over is Spectromagic. Ususally during the day, I use parade time to get on rides since the lines are a weee bit shorter!

Thanks for the early morning updates! :goodvibes

Shower hat :rotfl2: Great updates and you didn't miss much by not doing CBJ! Oh I remember Blossom!

WOW, your castle pics are just gorgeous!!

Piglet = Pat. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can’t believe Collette joined in the CP parade – you GO girl!

LurrrvtheDuck said:
The CM wrangler for Hook & Smee was kinda weird in the she’s probably working for Disney too long, but she’s cool way. She reminded me of Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter books. When she saw DC’s shirt she gasped and said “Oh no. Hook is going to be mad.” DC just looked at her oddly and the CM points to her shirt and says whispering, “He doesn’t like Tink. He’s very mad with her.” And shakes her head at the shirt. I laughed and DC started to look scared. Then some kids get in line behind us and are talking about Peter that they just finished meeting. So the CM says to them, “Shhhh Don’t let Hook know where Peter is because he’s been looking for him.” The poor kid looked like he got scolded and the CM just kinda looked off into nothingness (like Luna Lovegood) and stayed quiet.
Oh, I can totally picture this! :lmao:

LurrrvtheDuck said:
No wonder babies get squished on BTMRR (that was for you V).
Thanks – I’ll never live that one down, will I?! :rolleyes:

That’s some serious updating Lurrv – I’ll have to come back later for the rest! :thumbsup2

OK so your trip report is so much fun!!!! I can just about hear your voice and the shower cap is the funniest thing EVER!!!! AHAHAHAHH! :rotfl2: keep the updates coming!

My goodness...it took me forever to catch up! When you update...you update! Not nice short little updates like some cute people here on the DIS...:rolleyes1

Anywho, great otherwise. I love the bottom of Splash Mountain pic. I also love the interaction with Captain Hook. Pretty funny. I think one of my favorites is the Haunted Mansion PhotoPass.....waaaaaaaaaaa! It was closed when we went. WAAAAAAAA! :sad1:

Oh my you have been busy. Love that Captain Hook interaction, he was ON.

Shower cap on Splash:lmao: You should have taken the Redneck version so you could haunt her with it.

Nothing wrong with a Duck, I saw that in V's trippie too.

Looking forward to more

Wow! An early update! This September, I have an ADR for Crystal Palace @ 8am too! Like you, I did so because of the DIS! I hope I get some great shots on main street. I really looking forward to seeing it empty.

Wasn't Pirates nice?! It really looked like Johnny Depp was there! I even rode it twice!

Hope you have a nice day! :goodvibes

I also made an early ADR for Crystal Palace because of the Dis...and my DH thinks the time I spend on here is a waste.... :lmao:

We're at 8:05am :cool1: I told him I'm learning valuable things....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter