There's No Crying in Disney! ***Completed

Wow we can tell you're going on a trip next week, this TR will easily be finished by then the rate your going :)

The Luau looks fun and they were definately all under dressed :rotfl2:

We pass some stairs that a whole bunch of other people are walking up, I wonder what’s up there?:confused: We keep walking down this hallway and then out a door, and then all I see is greenness and all the different longhouses in the Poly, oh how beautiful can I stay here? :cloud9:

Well if you haven’t figured it out by now we are not going to Ohana’s :sad2: (sorry to disappoint), but are trying to find the Luau, and once again I'm lost and I have no focking clue where I am going because the signs that direct you to the Luau aren’t really helping.:upsidedow I see some other people looking as confused:confused3 as I am and I’m assuming they’re going to the Luau too and then I spot some other people down a walkway and I decide to head in that direction. Lo and behold there is….the line? I thought we were going to be late and there’s a freakin’ late? Oh well, we're here!
CIMG1021.jpg

Actually I’m pretty relieved and then I feel overdressed. Here we all are lookin’ all purty and everyone else is in shorts and jeans and plain old t-shirts. What’s up with that? Whatever, I check in and get checked off on a list and the luverly CM compliments us on our outfits. Yeah! Not feeling overdressed anymore, everyone else is just underdressed. :snooty: They direct me down the line a little and then we all get Leid!
CIMG0967.jpg

We take some pics while waiting
CIMG0972.jpg

P4160177.jpg

CIMG0971.jpg

Then they start letting everyone in and taking the pricey pictures. Well since I know I won’t be buying this overpriced pic we kindly ask the people behind us if they could take our pic. Out of about 4 pics taken of this little portrait this is the only decent one…..sheesh.
CIMG0978.jpg

We go down the walk some more and I hand over the ticket I was given earlier at the first check-in to the second check-in person and off we go to our table.

Flashback: We paid OOP for the Luau because I had to make some last minute ADR changes when I changed our park days thanks to TGM, but when I did that they didn’t have any availability for our party size on this particular day. So I had called later on to Disney Dining and spoke with a lovely CM and she said that she had availability for the day I wanted and I asked her to book it, then she asked me for a CC (whah?:eek: ) I told her we would be on the DDP and she explained that I couldn’t use the DDP (whah?:eek: ) because the opening she had was for priority seating or something like that and they don’t take the DDP for that seating. Huh….what to do?:scratchin So I said ok thank you, but no thanks. After doing some FDM on my other ADR’s I decided to screw it all and pay OOP for this one and use my now extra 2TS for other ADR’s I wanted. So I called back and asked for the Luau and was told there was no availability (whah?:eek: Like 1 minute passed by in my time away!) So I told the CM that I had just called and that they had priority seating availability and she looked into it, and lo and behold they did and I said, “book it!” Then went on and made 2 other ADR’s and got wished a Happy Birthday and Magical Day.pixiedust: End Flashback.

So we get seated at our priority seating table (or whatever it was called) and we have a pretty good view of the stage, woohoo! Our waitress comes over and explains everything to us, but none of us can really hear:listen: her because the noise is a little loud. Anyhoo, she had left us menus and we all start looking at it kinda confused on how to order.:confused:

The show begins and then people start getting served appetizers on these cool long leaf tray thingies in the middle of the table. Then we get served too. Ok I guess they just bring you the food and you don’t really order. I explain my theory to everyone and Collette and Monica look a little confused :confused: (what’s new:sad2: ). So we all start digging in ‘cause we be hungry.

Lemme tell you, the bread is absolutely delicious and I loved it.

Show continuing, cute little show about the family and how family means Ohana, awww how cute it's like rewatching Lilo & Stitch. Then the show asks the audience if it’s anyone’s birthday and I raise my hand like a good little girl:angel: and the other gals are start pointing at me. I’m not the only one celebrating today though, so they ask all who are celebrating to come up to the stage. Again feeling overdressed, but one of the actors commented on my dress, so everyone else was underdressed again, but not me. :snooty: We’re shown a dance:dance3: and then told that we’ll be performing this while we get sung Happy Birthday Aloha style.

Here’s the one good shot that my group got of me: (I look horrible in the rest so not showing those)
CIMG0986.jpg

So after the birthday celebrators, the actors make special announcement about other people celebrating (newlyweds and anniversary people) and they continue the show.

Our entrée comes shortly after and there’s so much meat! So we all start digging in and having more of the yummy pineapple-y bread and enjoy our meal as we enjoy the show.

I think you look so beautiful! I love your hair like that too! I bought leis for our 'Ohana dinner. DH isn't going to want to wear one, but it's Disney dern it!

I may have to do the Laua in March. looked like a lot of fun.
Great update.

i have read all of your TR and loved it. Glad you had a great ending to your bert-day:) Hope the evening comes through for you too.

glad I finally found time to catch up on your trippie!

everytime we plan on doing the Luau, we change our minds. I always wanted to do it. I think I would have liked it better than the hoop de do Revue - corny show IMO, but the food was great!

so sorry about the crying and arguing and all. Nebo and I had a few instances ourselves, and it is never fun to be mad or sad at disney. :sad1: but being together, just 2 people. for just about every waking moment in hard enough, let alone 5 people who don;'t normally live together anyway. even with the best itinerary, things change and there seems to be decisions, decisions (even little ones) constantly. personalities are bound to clash.
but glad you worked it out enough to have fun the next day!:grouphug:

What a fantastic birthday so far - and ther'es MORE to come??!!

And.

You all looked beeyootiful! You're right - everyone else was hideously underdressed. :sad2:

I am loving this trip report. I hope you got to go do what you wanted on your birthday. It was your day, people need to cooperate with you, lol.

Great update!!!! I loved your dress for the Laua, it was soooo pretty! Looks like you had a great birthday and i can't wait to read how it ends. BTW that was cool that you didn't have to pay for the Valet.

I love your report. Aside from the Epcot incident it sounds like you are having a great time.

I love the outfits you all wore to dinner. You all looked so pretty!

It seems as though you had a great birthday and I hope the rest of the trip is just as great!

Well the focker croc ever show up? Will Colette and Monica clue in? I can't wait to find out. Keep up the good work!

Welcome! Thank you for all your lovely comments! It took me forever to find a dress for that Luau too. I was so sure a lot of people would be dressed like that, but boy was I wrong. That's ok though 'cause we all got complimented on our stylin' outfits! :thumbsup2

Stay tuned for the answers to all your questions and more!

That dinner looked like a lot of fun! And there certainly seemed to be some fine entertainment;) I wonder what your plan is Hurry with an update!

Yes, mighty fine eye candy...err entertainment. ;) Update coming soonish!

subscribing

:welcome:

I think he's afraid Marisol with catch him sneaking off with me! :rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl:

Wow we can tell you're going on a trip next week, this TR will easily be finished by then the rate your going :)

The Luau looks fun and they were definately all under dressed

Jo you are just too smart. I'm so trying to get this trippie done before my next trip. Otherwise it'll be my second time leaving the TR to go visit the World. I want to do a TR for this upcoming one, so we'll see.

I think you look so beautiful! I love your hair like that too! I bought leis for our 'Ohana dinner. DH isn't going to want to wear one, but it's Disney dern it!

Thank you so much. Yeah that's my I'm too lazy or in a hurry to do my hair look. It comes in pretty handy. Of course it only looks good when it's long, can't do that with short hair.

DH is being a party pooper. :sad2:

We are SO doing the luau next trippie!!! :woohoo:

I give it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2.
It's in the Poly :cloud9:
The guys are H O T ;)
The food is yummy :thumbsup2

I may have to do the Laua in March. looked like a lot of fun.
Great update.

I think the Luau should be done at least once. We all enjoyed it and the food and entertainment was fun and relaxing.

i have read all of your TR and loved it. Glad you had a great ending to your bert-day Hope the evening comes through for you too.

Welcome! The Partay is not over yet! ;)

glad I finally found time to catch up on your trippie!

everytime we plan on doing the Luau, we change our minds. I always wanted to do it. I think I would have liked it better than the hoop de do Revue - corny show IMO, but the food was great!

so sorry about the crying and arguing and all. Nebo and I had a few instances ourselves, and it is never fun to be mad or sad at disney.

The show is very family oriented but the Luau dancing stuff was so much fun and the food was quite good. The good thing about Disney is it's hard to be sad there for too long, plus I had my DC and friend to help me get through it and stay sane.

What a fantastic birthday so far - and ther'es MORE to come??!!

And.

You all looked beeyootiful! You're right - everyone else was hideously underdressed. :sad2:

Thank you V, I'm glad I wasn't wrong about the underdressed stuff. :) There's more to come!

I am loving this trip report. I hope you got to go do what you wanted on your birthday. It was your day, people need to cooperate with you, lol.

I agree. Actually Monica had come around that day, I think Collette being the Mother hen that she is kinda talked her down. Even though Collette was having her moments too, she can read me like a book and we relate to each other through our almost 20 year age difference that it's scary. So all day that day Monica's mantra was "Girl, it's your day we're doing whatever you want."

Great update!!!! I loved your dress for the Laua, it was soooo pretty! Looks like you had a great birthday and i can't wait to read how it ends. BTW that was cool that you didn't have to pay for the Valet.

Thank you! I looked for like a month for a dress and ended up finding one on sale at JCPenney's so I was psyched about it and it was red which is a great color. I couldn't believe we didn't have to pay Valet! Just more of that Disney pixiedust:

I'll be updating some more tomorrow, with the ending to my birthday day and hopefully get to Day 4 of the trip.

Oh sure, make me ask first and be the one who gets hurt. I'll remember that next time I'm in Baltimore. If I spot you, yeah like that is likely, I'll toss out the LIME LOOK and give you the mean mommy hairy eyeball look. :laughing:
:lmao: Oh wait . . . You know what I look like . . . :scared:

I thought so too! You all looked really cute in your outfits.

Thanks for the pics of the guys!!!;) Woo! I think I need to go to that show!:rolleyes:

I am all caught up and waiting to hear what you decide for your bday evening!!!! Great TR so far!!! :thumbsup2

Back at the resort I make a quick pit stop at the front desk/concierge and see if my little croc or my package that I’m waiting from home have arrived. They look and don’t find any packages. WTH man, where’s my croc?:confused3 I head back to the room and everyone’s changing and getting into more comfortable clothes. Monica asks me what else we have planned, I tell her it depended on everybody else and she gives me her mantra for the day, that it’s my birthday and we’re doing whatever I want. I tell her we could go to Pleasure Island (explain PI to her) later on and hit the clubs. Everyone’s all for this, but it’s still early and frankly I’m a little tired so we all decide to take some time and relax.

DC decides to look up our photopass pictures online because Yani had decided to pay for Internet access. After half an hour trying to figure out how to actually access the Internet we are unable to connect. I read the little instruction card that was in our room and plugged things into the phone line thingy that’s in our room and nothing, great! Like ten minutes later Collette calls me into the living room where the pullouts are and shows me a cord by another Internet card thingy and asks me if I need that for the Internet. I start laughing and wonder why it’s out here instead of the room with the High Speed Internet access connection?:confused3 Whatever. So we try again with the cord and voila! We’re in baby!

DC checks the photopass pics from Epcot, which are awesome. When she’s done I check my email and the DIS and ask where my little croc is. Everyone’s watching TV and sadly it was the day after the Virginia Tech massacre:guilty: so almost all the non Disney channels were covering that news story, which is just plain sad and unbelievable. It kinda felt weird being in this completely magical world while outside of it such a horrible thing has happened.

Monica remembers that she’s brought some wine and that now is the perfect time to drink it. So she pulls out the chilled wine and everybody toasts and drinks up. It was so so wine and I’m not that big of a wine fan so one cup was good enough for me. Yani and I decide to take a nap, DC is still surfing the web and Collette and Monica have tuned in to American Idol. Around 10:30 I ask everyone if they still want to go to PI and everyone’s up to it, except DC. I ask her why and she just didn’t feel like going. I tell her we’re probably only be going to the 80’s club (which DC knows about because we had gone to PI last year with our other cousin) and that she’d be able to get in. She says she’s tired and just wants to rest. Alright, I give her the motherly don’t open the door for anybody shpiel and the no fighting with her bf shpiel, because I had warned her prior to the trip that if she were coming with us she was not allowed to fight over the phone with her bf, which seems a constant thing between those two.

So we all get ready in record time and head out for our big Girls Night Out (GNO)!
Here we are leaving ASMu:
CIMG1027.jpg

We do our model walk again out to the buses because I am so not driving to PI just in case.

The bus is full and some obnoxious teenagers have gotten up and are acting stupid :mad: and being a little rowdy and then get stuck in traffic for what seems like forever. Apparently the traffic light has gone out near DTD and the police are controlling traffic and it’s taking forever to get to our stop. Eventually we get there and pay attention to the announcements of when the last bus leaves and what stop to be at and we unload. We make our way into
P4140077.jpg

I and head to 8 Trax because I’ve been telling Collette about the place for the past 2 months so she is dying to go because she just loves 80’s late 70’s music.

So in we go, we get our wristbands for drinking fun and the place is packed!:crowded: We make our way to the tiny little dance floor and take up a corner as we people watch and dance. Collette is in heaven:cloud9: and as soon as they start playing songs that she likes she is burning up the dance floor:dance3: . She starts dancing with some guy and Yani, Monica and I are bopping to the music along with her. Well Monica not so much, I dunno why:confused3 , guess she doesn’t like to dance to this music. Some lady has danced into our space and is being annoying:mad: because she has decided to take off her shows and flail about on the dance floor. *** lady! I give her the evil eye quite a few times and she apologizes a few times but continues to flail about almost on top of me. So I move and stand on the opposite side of Yani and now Monica is left to this weird ladies dancing. Let me tell you had bad it is. Do you all know that Seinfeld episode about Elaine not knowing how to dance? Well imagine the Elaine dance but sped up to actual rhythm. That’s how bad it was. Unfortunately the lady is now next to Monica who is a tall girl and remember Monica doesn’t take carp from people so when the lady bumps into her for the third time Monica decides to tell her to stop it.:mad: The lady looks up at Monica and laughs and apologizes (she’s obviously gone over the tipsy side) and moves away a little bit.

Collette’s still dancing with the guy and enjoying herself and Yani and I are people watching and laughing :laughing: and then some guy approaches Monica and starts hitting on her. OMG this guy is so lame it’s hilarious. Monica plays his game and eventually scores us some drinks. Woooohoooo!:woohoo: Go Monica. He wants to go get them for us so starts asking everyone their drink orders, but Collette says I’ll go with you to get them. So she, Monica, and the Man go get drinks and return with a story about them ordering drinks and telling the bartender that he was going to pay and they left him at the bar. :lmao: Awesome free drinks!

The Man finds us again and he now has a friend in tow. Oh Lord, here we go. :rolleyes: The friend tries to hit on Yani who by this time has become bored and her newly acquired bf (well they were courting at the time) is texting her and she’s engrossed in that. Then he tries to hit on me, but he’s just to old for me and just not my type.

Now if it would have been these guys, then they would I definitely would’ve thrown the “old for me” excuse out the window:
039_C50251~Hugh-Jackman-Posters.jpg

144077430_765a10df57.jpg

:lovestruc

So then the Man’s friend decides to flirt with Collette and start dancing with her. Then Collette stops dancing and says something to him all serious like and I’m like uh-oh. So the friend kinda moves away from Collette and tries to hit on me again. :headache: Dammit, why can’t I get hit on the hot guys? Like the one who’s standing right over there, but has a gf…

So I try ignoring the guy :rolleyes2and talking to Yani and he kinda gets the hint. Then Collette thinks he’s pushing too much and tells him to back off in a nice way where she doesn’t actually use the words back off (see her mother hen self coming out). I love:hug: Collette for this and thank her. I take a pic with Yani and Collette and then the Man says he’ll take a pic of all of us:
CIMG1036.jpg

Then he proceeds to get in a pic with us, which I end up deleting because I don’t want that pic.

It was getting late and I had told Collette that we needed to leave by 1:30am, so at 1:15 I tell her it’s time to go and she tells Monica, who says goodbye to the Man, who then decides to give her his business card. He had the corniest name on the card too as if it were made up and Collette laughs and asks him if that’s his real name (can’t remember it, it was something like Alonzo Sweetness or something or other). He claimed it was and she laughs again and says, “’bye and thanks for the drinks” to him and we leave the PI.

We’re almost the only ones on the bus, there’s a family on with us so we sit all the way in the back and start recounting the night’s activities and laughing at the Man and his friend. Monica tells us about all the carp lines he was giving her and we were all laughing. :rotfl:

We get back to ASMu, help the family off the bus because they had some now sleeping children and two strollers so we helped them get their strollers off while they carried their kidlets. What they were doing at DTD at that hour is beyond me:confused3 , but ok. We make our way back to the room and quietly enter so as not to wake DC and go to bed for our early morning later on today.

We're Heeeeere!

Sounds like a fun night out even if you did have creepy guys hitting on you:rotfl: At least it provided you with some entertainment and a fun story for all of us on the Dis:lmao:

Woohoo! I'm first! I miss PI. I didn't really get to go there in May. Hopefully my next trip will be filled with it.

Sounds like you had a nice time there even with the guys who came up to you.

His name couldn't have been Alonzo Sweetness...:sad2:

Fun birthday though!!!!!! Luvz me some 80s music!!! ::yes::

Sounds like a hilarious night :rotfl2:

BTW whos going on your trip next week? Where you staying etc etc ???

Sounds like a fun night out even if you did have creepy guys hitting on you:rotfl: At least it provided you with some entertainment and a fun story for all of us on the Dis:lmao:

Yeah we had fun and definately good storytelling. I wanted to visit the other clubs in PI because last time I was with DC and she's not 21 so we couldn't get into all the clubs and this time that I'm with 21+ I still didn't get to see those clubs. Next time ;)

Woohoo! I'm first! I miss PI. I didn't really get to go there in May. Hopefully my next trip will be filled with it.

PI is fun, but every time I go it's only been for a little while. I'm gonna see if we can swing it on this upcoming trip.

Sounds like you had a nice time there even with the guys who came up to you.

LOL yeah it was fun and those guys actually provided us with much entertain ment.

His name couldn't have been Alonzo Sweetness...:sad2:

Fun birthday though!!!!!! Luvz me some 80s music!!! ::yes::

I don't know what it was, but it was something like that. I'll have to ask Collette when I see her again. I'm sure she'll remember.

Sounds like a hilarious night :rotfl2:

BTW whos going on your trip next week? Where you staying etc etc ???

It was a fun night and a fun way to end my bday. Next trip is Yani (who's in this trip) and another friend/co-worker of ours named Isis and me. It's just us 3 Mouseketeers conquering the World. :cool1:

We rented DVC points or however you call it from some nice lady here on the DIS and will be at OKW. I posted on your TR which parks we're doing and we almost have the exact same park days. Jo if I don't see you I'm gonna be bummed.

Here's my next trip's itinerary:
Monday August 13th
ETA @ 2PM – Check in Old Key West
Dinner @ Chef Mickey's

Tuesday August 14th
Epcot 9am-9pm
Lunch/Dinner @ Le Cellier 4:00 PM

Wednesday August 15th –pirate: Pirates & princess: Princesses!!!
Magic Kingdom 9am-11pm
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace 8:05 AM
Lunch @ Cinderella’s Royal Table 1:00 PM
Break
Pirates & Princesses Party (6pm-?)

Thursday August 16th
AK (9am-6pm) --AM
MGM (9am-10pm) --PM
Lunch/Dinner @ Mama Melrose 4:30 pm

Friday August 17th
Check out :sad1:
Hitting Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios
(they sent me free tickets and friend Isis is AP holder) :rolleyes:

I'm gonna try to get an update up later tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter