There's No Crying in Disney! ***Completed

Ok I promise to try and get some more up sometime this weekend. I haven't Disssed in a month (I know crazy, but life got in the way) so I've been trying to catch up on all these TR's I'm subscribed to. Plus I had to take a breather from re-living that part of the day in my head again.

Wow! What a frustrating evening! :headache: You definitely needed a :grouphug: after that. I'm so sorry to hear about that night.

Thank you. Yes I sure dead, my friend was definately my sanity that night.

Your trip report is great, and I absolutely loveeee your pictures. :)

Hey Tina, Welcome and Thank You! I took like 1,000 pics and I'm more than happy to share.

It seems like someone always has to complain. If you take me with you next time I promise I won't do that.;) Great trip report.

I'll remember that Dizmom! I know it's hard to please everyone but I was trying so hard and I think the comination of all that and then the sudden outburst was just a bad mix.

And Li...I'm sorry for your bad day! How rotton. To me...it didn't seem like you did anything at all...and I think someone was being over sensitive. I'm sorry your pre-birthday was yucky!

Thank you, yeah it was yucky, but Yani sure did make the night end on a good note. :)

Wow! What an installment! First fun, then frustrating! I think I'm gonna take the cue from you, and start adding in all the crappy stuff in my trip reports as well! I ALWAYS leave the bad stuff out - especially the incidents with racists people who are soooo disappointed when they have to sit or stand next to me :sad2: (Believe me, I have tons of those stories) In 2005 I even got into a shouting match with the person I travelled with!

I am sorry that what was supposed to be a great surprise at the end of the day ended in tears. But I do appreciate that you took the time to tell what happened!

Hope you write the rest soon! And that it turns out to be a better day! :goodvibes

Thanks Glenda. Believe me I was really considering leaving that part out, but it was so much drama that I decided to name the TR after it. So whatever, cathartic I guess.

THEY INSTALLED A SAKI BAR??????? Where the heck have I been?! Loves me some saki.... :cloud9:

You guys missed the movie in France? :faint: That's it - I order you to return to WDW right this minute and see that fabulous, glorious, amazing homage to France! ;) Not that I'm biased or anything. :rolleyes1

I'm so sorry your day ended on such a rotten note. I think this is but one of the hazards of traveling with multiple personalities - people respond to unfamiliar territory so differently. I don't know if Monica's like this, but the primary issue I have with my mother at WDW is how frazzled she gets in crowds and when she's unfamiliar with her surroundings. I promise, we've had countless episodes like what you described. :hug: Hope things improve for your Bday!

There's a movie in France? :confused3 I know bad DISer, honestly I never really explore France for some reason, maybe next time. I can't believe you haven't seen the Saki bar V! It's all the way at the end of the gift shop where all the food and chopsticks are, can't miss it! They sell Saki too. My friend Yani bought a bottle along with a set of cups.

Honestly I don't know what her prob was, I just think she was PMSing and didn't like being seperated from the group. Seriously she has some sort of seperation anxiety problem.

Great report!! Can't wait to read more.

Welcome! Thanks, stay tuned for more soonish!

Oh no I'm so sorry that the day ended like that :hug:

BTW it's a telephone box not booth OK :rotfl2: Sorry had a box/booth discussion last week :lmao:

:eek: Ok I haven't gotten to this discussion in one of the TRs I'm sure I'm subscribed to. Interesting. I've never heard it referred to that in my numerous British people, movie, books encounters. Thanks for the info Jo, I'll remember it next time. ;)

That discussion ended with the fact that it is a BOOTH not a box. Psst Jo...I was definitely thinking of you when she posted that! :rotfl2:

Ok was this discussion on DMs TR? I'm still on pg 21 of hers, you guys are totally chatty there! Plus I started reading another TR thanks to DM. BTW loving the "Little Wonders" song from Rob Thomas DM, is this on a new CD of his?

My birthday soonish, I promise.

Today was our take it easy day. Originally it was our MK day, but those plans changed after I visited everyone’s lover TGM and he suggested that today was not :sad2: a good MK day, so I had made some last minute changes to our itinerary and it now became our take it easy day for my birthday. Woooohooo! :thumbsup2

We slept in a little. We had ADR’s for breakfast at 1900 PF to do some more character meetings without having to stalk them and stand in lines.

Everyone slowly woke up and slowly got ready and now I’m slowly panicking:headache: because we’re quite a bit away from the GF and we’re driving and again and I don’t really know where we’re going because all I have in my head is my Fuzzy Disney Map.

Now you guys have to remember that this trip is the first time I’ve ever toured Disney in true Disney splendor. All of my Disney trips were 1 day visits or off site stays and no sit downs, just fast food eating and no Disney hotel visiting or what not. All I knew was that the GF was near MK and we would always pass it on the ferry from the parking lot to the park.

So I’m panicking because we have to get going soon and certain people are not ready yet (Collette and Monica). So I tell them I’m going down to the front desk to see if my package has arrived and to get my Birthday button. It was chilly outside not as bad as the other days but still sucked. Still no Croc or package from home but I did get my loverly button as well as a button for Collette and Monica for their first time in Disney. After Yani, DC and I were sort of sitting waiting for them by the door *hint hint* they sort of sped it up and finished. We were out the door and to the car that was in a fantabulous parking spot from the last time we used it and were on our way to the GF. I had DC next to me as my trusty co-pilot and we made it there in pretty good time.

Here is the lovely GF as we approached:
CIMG0891.jpg

We get to the gate and happily tell the CM there we were there for breakfast and he says we could park valet or self park and gives directions to go all the way around to the visitor parking. I opt to self park and follow his directions and the signs and find myself back at the entrance, which is now the exit to the GF. Again I get lost in another resort parking lot.:upsidedow What’s up with that? and DC isn’t being a helpful co-pilot because she’s still half asleep. So I keep following the signs and end up across the street and finally into the visitor parking lot. Geez talk about complicated and far. Ugh! By the time we get to the restaurant we’re gonna be late. Whatever. We get out and take a pic in front of the car:
P4160128.jpg

We trek back to the GF admiring its beauty and elegance. Spot a carriage and Collette wants a pic in front of it. Here she is:

P4160129.jpg

We weren’t sure if we could sit in it, so we didn’t just in case we got some angry CM’s scolding us for doing so. Of course now I know you can sit in it, next time.;)

We meet a lovely guy whose name I completely forget who greets us and says Happy Birthday to me as he opens the door to the GF. Oh how nice, I wish we could’ve stayed here, we’re not in ASMu anymore Toto. Before we walk in, Monica wants a pic with him, here they are:

P4160132.jpg

I ask him where 1900 PF is and he kindly directs is to the left as we enter. We enter the beautiful GF lobby and since we’re running late and can’t truly admire it right now I veer off towards the left and low and behold quickly spot the sign:
CIMG0930.jpg

I walk up to check us in and the check in lady notices my button and tells me Happy Birthday and then notices that I didn’t mention it was my bday in my reservation. I said I did, but I guess they didn’t note it, so she fixes that and gives us a buzzer. We mill around the lobby/waiting area just looking and sneaking peaks inside the restaurant and the characters. Monica, Yani and DC get excited at seeing them, and I was too.

Collette and I were talking and I was telling her what characters were supposed to be there and I mention Mary Poppins and Collette in her British accent gasps and says, “Oh I definitely want a picture with Mary Poppins, that is one of my favorite movies.” And she proceeds to start singing a Spoonful of Sugar when who decides to pop in (get it pop?:lmao:)?

The door leading outside into a little garden area opens up and in steps Mary in her glorious white outfit into the lobby/waiting area where we are the only ones waiting!:woohoo: Oh how exciting!! Collette goes into complete child mode and claps and starts walking towards Mary saying in an even thicker British accent, “Oh hello Mary! It’s so nice to meet you could I please have a picture?” Mary of course graciously acknowledges her and she and Collette take a pic together as we’re all looking on with huge grins on our faces because we all find it amusing when Collette changes her accent or ups her accent which she was doing now. I thought I had the pic with Collette and Mary, but I don't. Oh well, sorry. Here's our group pic:
CIMG0899-1.jpg

In the middle of our merry Mary ;) picture taking the buzzer had gone off and I had gone to officially check in and be ready to be seated. We said our goodbye’s to Mary and checked in with the guy at the door who promptly handed us off to another CM waitress who led us to our seats. Oh everything was so cheerful:goodvibes inside and I totally felt like a little kid as I saw pooh:,:tigger:,and the Madhatter making their rounds at all the tables. I actually think I was more excited than some of the kids. Our waitress explained the character greeting process and told us where the buffet was and took our drink orders plus I got a loverly special birthday placemat:

CIMG0901.jpg

You get to keep the placemat as a souvenir too.

DC and I got out our trusty autograph books and kept the camera at the ready, I didn’t want to miss any of the characters and because Pooh was making his way toward us. Collette and Monica decide to get over their separation anxiety and head off towards the buffet. Pooh came by and we got our pics taken with him:
CIMG0912.jpg

Monica and Collette came back and there weren’t any characters nearby so Yani, DC and I made went on over to the get our food. As we were coming back the Madhatter was nearing our table, so I quickly got ready and he was so “on”. I absolutely loved:love: him and I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland it is one of my top 5 Disney movies so when he spoke and sounded exactly like the Madhatter I was just happy.:) Of course I’m the only one in our group that loves the movie so I was the only one interacting with him and asked him where the March Hare was. I forget what he answered me and then he commented on my birthday button and wished me a Happy Birthday and said it was his UnBirthday, so I wished him a Very Merry UnBirthday to him and waved at the table and said it was their UnBirthday too. He said, “It is! Oh how delightful.”:laughing: Which was just perfect, I figured I was taking up enough of his time so asked him for his autograph and then took a pic with him:
P4160136.jpg

(Unfortunately I was looking at my camera and he was looking at Collette's but I love his face!)

I finally got to start eating, everyone else had already started and the food was delicious. This was the best breakfast we had the entire trip. I don’t know if it was because it was my birthday or what but it was truly wonderful. Especially the Mickey waffles, Mmmmmmmm:
CIMG0906.jpg

Here's a group shot of us:
CIMG0907.jpg

Tigger was next and he was so “on” too! He was hopping…er bouncing all over the place and very hyper just as a Tigger should be! He was so cute and he’s my favorite Winnie the Pooh character so I was really excited to meet him:
CIMG0904.jpg

There was a lull in the characters and we were truly stuffing our faces with the food. There were quite a few birthdays being announced and we would all sing and clap for them. Then our waitress comes by and gives me a birthday cupcake:cake: of my own along with a birthday crown and I get sung
BDAYPA1.gif
too:
CIMG0914.jpg

CIMG0916.jpg

CIMG0920.jpg

Alice finally came around and of course I was so excited to meet her and she was the cutest thing too! She was “on” as well, she wished me a Happy Birthday and pointed at my shirt and asked if I had seen the :ccat:Cheshire Cat? I said I hadn’t and asked if she had and she put her hand on her hip and said that she hadn’t but he was probably up to no good. I asked her how Dina was doing and she said she was doing fine napping in a tree. She asked us about our plans for the day and we told her we didn’t know. She couldn’t believe that we didn’t have plans, but that wasn’t necessarily true we did have plans (I would be a bad DISer if I didn’t have a plan right?:thumbsup2 ), so I explained to her that we were supposed to go to a water park but it was a little too cold for us to go to one. She said “Well you never know? It’s quite early still and the weather may change and warm up to go to one.” So I told her we’d see. I got an autograph and took a pic and he was off:
CIMG0908.jpg

I dug into my birthday cupcake, even though I was so stuffed, but I just had to try. Pooh came back around and we said hi to him again.

Then Monica decided to give Pooh a pinch on his hiney as he was greeting the table behind us:
CIMG0913.jpg

Tigger came back around too, but it was obviously a different Tigger because this one wasn’t as “on” as the other one, but I took advantage of this one and gave him a nose to nose kiss:
DSCN0610.jpg

Collette and Monica got a cute pic with him:
CIMG0921.jpg

We finished up our breakfast and left 1900 PF, we encountered Mary Poppins again, and this time we all got pics with her (here I am with her):
CIMG0926.jpg

We stepped out of the door that Mary had come in from earlier and saw the little topiary of her:

CIMG0928.jpg

Then we walked back around into GF and decided to walk around the resort and admire its beauty. Here are some of my shots as we walked around, in case you've never visited the GF:

The lobby and it's chandeliers
CIMG0932.jpg

The Pool
CIMG0936.jpg

View of Resort from pool
CIMG0935.jpg

The Beach
CIMG0942.jpg

Then we saw this beauty:
CIMG0944.jpg

Here I am next to it:
CIMG0947.jpg

We were all tired from having eaten so much so we decided to go back to our room. I had gone to the bathroom and when I came out I found these two:
CIMG0949.jpg

CIMG0950.jpg

:rotfl: :lmao:

We all took cue from them for a much needed after eating nap, before deciding what to do next. :confused:

Happy Birthday to Me: Part 2: Aoooga! Aooooga!!!

Ok was this discussion on DMs TR? I'm still on pg 21 of hers, you guys are totally chatty there! Plus I started reading another TR thanks to DM. BTW loving the "Little Wonders" song from Rob Thomas DM, is this on a new CD of his?

My birthday soonish, I promise.
I know you finally saw the booth/box debate :lmao: . Rob Thomas' "Little Wonders" is actually from the movie "Meet the Robinsons" and is on the soundtrack. Now, isn't that wonderful that my lover Rob is also a Disney fan? ;)

It sounds like that part of your birthday was wonderful. And, I must say that you and the Mad Hatter make a striking couple! :lmao:

I know you finally saw the booth/box debate :lmao: . Rob Thomas' "Little Wonders" is actually from the movie "Meet the Robinsons" and is on the soundtrack. Now, isn't that wonderful that my lover Rob is also a Disney fan? ;)

Ooooh good to know! I haven't seen that movie yet. Just makes you love him more for it doesn't it? I need to find myself one of those kind of men. Unfortunately Florida guys tend to dislike Disney. :sad2:

Great update!!! We ate there for dinner...but the characters were different! Glad you got a great start to your b-day!

First of all I am very sorry about the end of your Epcot day!! :hug: But i am glad your birthday started out on a better note. Breakfast looked De-lish and you had some great character interactions. I am looking forward to seeing what y'all did after your naps!

I love this report!!! The good, the bad, and the rude. I am so sorry you cried in Disney. Looks like your birthday day went a little better. I can't wait to read more popcorn::.

I'm still here! But have been devoting some of my DIS time to Harry Potter! I just finished . . . I have a lot of catching up to do!

Great update!!! We ate there for dinner...but the characters were different! Glad you got a great start to your b-day!

Don't you mean my Bert-day? :laughing: Thank you, yeah the breakfast is called the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast so we got those characters which is fine with me because those are ones I wanted to see. The dinner has the Cinderella cast.

First of all I am very sorry about the end of your Epcot day!! :hug: But i am glad your birthday started out on a better note. Breakfast looked De-lish and you had some great character interactions. I am looking forward to seeing what y'all did after your naps!

Thanks for reading, yes that was truly our best breakfast the entire trip. I'd definately recommend. Although I don't know what it'll be like now after the renovations. :confused3

I love this report!!! The good, the bad, and the rude. I am so sorry you cried in Disney. Looks like your birthday day went a little better. I can't wait to read more popcorn::.

Welcome!!! I'm glad you're enjoying my trippie. Yes, no censoring here :rotfl: I'll have an update sometime this week hopefully!

I'm still here! But have been devoting some of my DIS time to Harry Potter! I just finished . . . I have a lot of catching up to do!

Hey Glenda! Missed Ya! I understand the love for Harry, you're forgiven. Did you like it? I lurrrved the book, it was a really good ending for the series and I'm glad JK didn't disappoint....well at least not me. :)

I'm finished! That breakfast looked like so much fun! I have to try that next year! I wanted to pluck that waffle off the computer screen! I LOVE those! I wonder if they would be as good if they werent Mickey-shaped! :rolleyes:

Glad you had a fun bday - can't wait for the rest!

That discussion ended with the fact that it is a BOOTH not a box. Psst Jo...I was definitely thinking of you when she posted that! :rotfl2:
Box, box, box :rotfl2:

:eek: Ok I haven't gotten to this discussion in one of the TRs I'm sure I'm subscribed to. Interesting. I've never heard it referred to that in my numerous British people, movie, books encounters. Thanks for the info Jo, I'll remember it next time. ;)
I'll quiz you if we bump into each other in about 11 days :yay: :rotfl2:

GF sounds great, love the mad hatter interaction :rotfl2:

We awoke from our nap and our original plan for this day was to hit a water park, but we weren’t sure because of the unusually chilly weather that had hit Orlando that week. Fortunately Alice’s little bit of luck from earlier rubbed off and it warmed up. I asked everyone if they wanted to hit the water park for awhile and everyone was up for it.:thumbsup2 We did a quick change and headed out back to the car, on our way to
CIMG0952.jpg

So with my Fuzzy Disney Map in my head and DC as my trusty co-pilot we made our way to TL. This time I didn’t get lost in the parking lot either!:cool1: We parked and made the walk to the park in the now very warm weather and beautiful blue sky. It was a very beautiful day and (to quote another TRer) my Bert-day on top of that.
We take some pics walking into the parks winding walkways.
Here I am meeting a Croc:
DSCN0620.jpg

The Lagoon of TL and it's famous ship:
DSCN0621.jpg

It was like 1:00 pm already and the place was packed. We rented some towels and walked around looking for a spot that took forever. Collette and Monica didn’t want to get wet because of their hair and Yani doesn’t know how to swim so they stayed in our spot with our stuff to lounge and get some sun on.

Meanwhile DC and I headed off to the slides. We found a map and headed to the nearest slides. We ended up at Keelhaul Falls, Mayday Falls, Gang Plank Falls which were all side by side of each other. The lines weren’t too long which was good and they moved quickly. Unfortunately most of the slides were short, but we were having fun because it had been forever since either one of us had been to a water park. Unfortunately I didn’t have a water camera so we didn’t take that many pics.

We kept trying to find Crush ‘n’ Gusher, but for the life of us could not get there and kept going around in circles. Then we headed to the Humunga Kowabunga. This line was a little slow, but OMG this one was worth it. It’s like a 4 or 5 story drop in a tunnel slide. It’s three slides in a row so DC went in one and I went in the other at the same time. As soon as the little green light went off for me to go I pushed off and was plunged into darkness and all of a sudden this panic set in and my amusement went into pure fear and adrenaline and screamed the rest of the way down. That felt like the longest drop in history too and was sooo happy when we slid to the end. I had my arms crossed over my tankini top because I was not about to make some kids have an R rated experience at TL. DC was at the bottom at the same time as I was and she had a sour look on her face. Of course my bottoms had moved upward so I quickly repositioned everything and made sure nothing was popping out and went over to DC and asked her what was wrong? She was mad because her bottoms had ridden up, including the shorts she had put on over her suit so that it wouldn’t ride up. I just laughed, because it was too funny and I had told her that it would happen. Anyway it was It was almost 3:00 pm and we needed to head back to the hotel to get ready for our Dinner at 5pm.

On our way DC was still complaining about the last slide and saying that she really had to use the bathroom. I laughed because I needed to use the bathroom too, apparently the slides acted as a kind of enema. TMI sorry, but that’s what happened. We made one last attempt to find Crush ‘n’ Gusher which seemed to be alllll the way across from where we were and just let it go.

We went back to find the girls who were all laid out in chairs sunning themselves and chatting. We talked, then took some pics in the lagoon area since I hadn’t taken hardly any pics. This is the only one of those pics I'm sharing because the other ones aren't too flattering:
DSCN0622.jpg

We do a quick change, return our towels and head out to get back to the hotel.

All 5 of us needed to showered, dressed and looking all pretty before 4:30pm.

Can we do it?:scared:

We get back to the resort Yani, Collette and Monica start running for the room. DC and I slowly make our way back because we are the ones who don’t require as much time as the other 3. I’ve already decided not to blow dry my hair and just let it be it’s natural curly self and DC’s hair is naturally straight so she doesn’t need to blow dry her hair either. So we are actually the fastest ones to get ready.

Yani was the first in the shower and because our luverly room had 2 bathrooms, I was able to take a shower too.:thumbsup2 Everyone else took showers as we all got ready in different stages. We actually made good time, and everyone was starting to get hungry again because all we’ve had to eat was our breakfast from earlier in the day.

Once everyone had beautified themselves we did our best model walks back to the car and off to our eating destination.

Where could we possibly be headed off to this glorious Birthday afternoon?

Here’s a pretty easy hint:
CIMG0966.jpg

Happy Birthday to Me Part 2 cont.

The POLY for your Bert-day!!!!

It's your bert-day! :woohoo: It's your bert-day! :woohoo: It's your bert-day! :woohoo: It's your bert-day! :woohoo: It's your bert-day! :woohoo:

That’s right ladies and gents (do we have any gent readers?) we were on our way to the famed Poly! :jumping1:

Again I’m driving :drive: with my mental Fuzzy Disney Map in my head and DC is once again my trusty co-pilot. I know I’m going in the same area we were at earlier this morning, so I’m not as scared of getting us lost. As we’re driving though I see the gas gauge is perilously close to the “Empty” line but I figure we’ll have enough gas to make it.

We get to the Poly and I again proudly announce at the gate that we have dining reservations and the lovely gentleman sees my Birthday Button and tells me “Happy Birthday” and I graciously say “Thank You” and he proceeds to give me directions on where to go. We’re cutting pretty close in arrival time (again) so this time I say screw it, we’re doing valet. I get to the valet stop and a CM comes up and starts asking me questions and I’m telling everyone to unload while he’s taking up my time. I think he was flirting with me too and that was kinda annoying because:

1) He was holding me up with all this small talk and I so did not want to be late.
2) He absolutely was NOT my type at all.

Now if he would’ve looked like this:
(SC)The_Rock_Photo.jpg

I would've been like, (said like Joey from Friends) "How you doin'?" :smooth:

Unfortunately he looked like this:
DSC_0347%20copy.jpg

Now don't get me wrong he was a nice guy and all, but I had me an ADR to get to.

So I finally get my little ticket and meet up with the group who were admiring the beautiful Poly entrance and we excitedly walk up the walk to the lobby and I snag the first CM I see and ask him where our restaurant is. He gives me directions and off we go again as we pass through the lobby, past all the foliage and waterfall fountain. Past the gift shop and that funny looking mannequin that can be seen in V’s trip report and the huge drums.

Oooooh we’re almost there! :woohoo:

Happy Birthday to Me Part 2 cont.

Get to the good part chica! I hope you got yourself one of them lapu lapus! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter