There's No Crying in Disney! ***Completed

I have a pic of my kid and niece with this guy.

LOL I think at some point everyone takes a pic with that troll. BTW my lips never actually touched his nose. :eek:

We arrived a bit early for our ADR's and were sent away too :rotfl: Glad you got to meet Donald though...so cool!!! :banana:

I think some places are stricter than others because on this last trip I took in June we arrived at quite a few places early and they sat us early. :confused3

We walked on over to China with Collette still in her mood:cool:. We came upon a little kiosk selling stuff and Yani and DC decided to try on some hats:
CIMG0787.jpg

I tried to get Collette over her mood so I made her and Monica pose with me in front of the China. Check out Collette's face (she's on the L):
CIMG0788.jpg

We headed on inside and I don’t know if it happens to other people, but there is a sense of calm as you walk through the Chinese Garden into the building. Disney truly did a wonderful job creating the mood. As we walked inside it was so quiet. I felt like I was in church and had a huge urge to kneel and bless myself, but remembered we are in China. So more peacefulness and calm around us. We wander through the building and come upon the display of Tomb Warriors. It’s very impressive and I had an immediate flashback to a season of the Amazing Race where the racers had to find clues in the real life exhibit of the statues, which are taller than these, my mind does those weird things.

Here's a pic of the Terra Cotta Warriors:
CIMG0795.jpg

Anyhoo, afterwards we head on over to the gift shop and everyone pretty much breaks up to browse, I stayed with DC and Yani looking at all the purty things, but expensive.

Then a miracle happened. I don’t know if it was Buddha or the serenity of the China Pavillion, but when we came upon Collette and Monica, Collette was smiling and happy again.:) Wooohooo!! :worship: Alright Buddha! The China gift shop is huge and heads outside,as we were still browsing the part that’s half outside but still under the roof looking for our Chinese Zodiac Medallions we see Mushu walk through the shop and goes away through the door. Oh No!!! I missed Mushu! I whined. Oh well. Monica and DC bought some stuff and we headed to the outside and into more kiosks. I look over and see a line of people and I get all excited to see Mulan standing there! Wooohooo!:yay: How fitting that I get to meet another Disney Princess after having just met the others! DC and I walk on over to the line which is short again while Yani, Monica, and Collette take a seat in a shady area because the heat is now out and nice and warm, a big difference from our freezing morning. As we’re waiting, guess who walks back to the meet and greet area?! No other than Mushu! Woohoo!:yay: I didn’t miss him after all! I’m all excited:hyper: , more so than the other kids standing in line and it was soon our turn to hand over our photopass to the photographer and get our pics taken with Mulan and Mushu. They were so sweet and short awwww. Poor Mulan had a lipstick smudge on her teeth, I so wanted to tell her but never got the chance to because we had to keep the line moving and photographer was snapping away.

Here’s DC and I with them:
CIMG0804.jpg

After we finished we continued towards our original destination of the outdoor kiosks. DC was still looking for a Buddha statue and Collette, Yani and I browsed the parasols and fans, which are absolutely gorgeous. If it weren’t for the fact that I only have a bedroom to live in I would’ve probably bought a fan for myself. Oh well, someday.

Here are some Pics of Collette and I posing:
CIMG0807.jpg

Yani and I that Collette randomly took:
P4150125.jpg

We headed back towards the entrance of China to the garden area and there are people gathered watching a show. I take this opportunity and to go with DC and Yani to take some pics along the garden since it is Epcots Flower and Garden Festival and everything looks all purty (actually I have no idea what it looks like and it probably looks the same all year seeing that it’s a Chinese Garden, but I don’t know because the times I’ve been to Epcot it’s always during this Festival and it’s not even planned).

Here's Me:
CIMG0810.jpg

And Yani:
DSCN0561.jpg

When we finished we went to join the crowd to catch the rest of the performance of the Acrobats and they’re amazing.

Here are some pics of them:
CIMG0811.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

After the show our group regroups and we wander around the garden, along the edges are topiaries (?) of the Chinese Zodiac animals.
CIMG0819.jpg

So we each go around and find our corresponding sign.
I'm the Ram or Goat which is funny because I'm an Aries in our Zodiac
CIMG0814.jpg

Collette's the Snake
CIMG0815.jpg

Yani's the Rooster
CIMG0816.jpg

Monica's the Ox
CIMG0817.jpg

DC is the rabbit and we went all over the gardens looking for hers, but could not find it :guilty:
Here she is all bummed:
CIMG0818.jpg

Apparently it was somewhere though because wdwinfo.com had a pic of it:
epcot--rabbit.jpg

We said goodbye to China and headed on over to Germany! Yah!

Guten Tag!

Great pics!!!!! I am getting used to this almost daily updating thing...please please keep it up! We almost bought one of those fans...but instead, I used it around the store and put it back...they are great!!!

Hey I just found this! Gotta alot of catching up to do! :surfweb:

Subbing...I want to finish reading this in the morning...but I am interested bc/ your title, "there's no crying in Disney!" is exactly what my 4yr dd was told when we were there a couple of weeks ago. She walked out of a store, while I was paying for something, and became lost. I found her with a CM, crying. Consoling her w/ a hug didn't work, and the CM told her that there's no crying in Disney World. She wrote a certificate for free ice cream to help the crying:thumbsup2 .

That is why your title caught my eye...so, I will keep reading...popcorn::

Great pics!!!!! I am getting used to this almost daily updating thing...please please keep it up! We almost bought one of those fans...but instead, I used it around the store and put it back...they are great!!!

I'm trying, thank goodness for pictures because honestly if it weren't for them I would've forgotten most of the things we did. Yes the fans were very tempting. They personalize the Parasols with Chinese characters too. :::sigh::: someday

Hey I just found this! Gotta alot of catching up to do! :surfweb:

Welcome Glenda! :wave2:

Subbing...I want to finish reading this in the morning...but I am interested bc/ your title, "there's no crying in Disney!" is exactly what my 4yr dd was told when we were there a couple of weeks ago. She walked out of a store, while I was paying for something, and became lost. I found her with a CM, crying. Consoling her w/ a hug didn't work, and the CM told her that there's no crying in Disney World. She wrote a certificate for free ice cream to help the crying:thumbsup2 .

That is why your title caught my eye...so, I will keep reading...popcorn::

Welcome and Awwww what a sweet CM, I'm so glad your DD was ok though. Well the title will come into play in a bit. There's also some more crying and my friend Yani and DC were the ones that said that to me. Plus I like the whole link to "There's no crying in baseball" from a League of Their Own. ;)

So pleased Collette finally started smiling, thank goodness for that! We missed the acrobats last time must schedule them in this time :)

I didn't tour world showcase on my last visit, I can't wait to do that now, thanks for the update and the pictures

We walked over the little bridge leading to Germany and heard Native music, I had completely forgotten about this area. We were in the Outpost and it momentarily felt like we were in Animal Kingdom. There was a little kiosk that we briefly browsed and right next to it was a DVC promo station (ahhhhh DVC:cloud9:). There was a Lion King scene for the Flower & Garden festival and as I’m taking pictures this lady comes up to me and asks me something. I didn’t really understand what she was asking so I said I’m sorry to her, but a polite I’m sorry.:confused: So she points at my little purse/camera thingy that I’m carrying and repeats her question. I’m still confused and then I see Collette running up doing the Focker sign saying “Hello Focker!”
119896Watching-av-thumb.jpg
You see before we left I had explained to everyone about the Croc Fostering, LGMHs and the Focker sign in case she saw anyone doing it to me while I wasn’t looking. So I look back at the lady and she asks me again “Do you DIS?” Ohhhhhhhh! :idea: I look down at my LGMH hanging from my little purse/camera thingy and start laughing and saying “Oh yes!” I asked her if she was a Focker, because I didn't see a LGMH on her, she wasn't but she spotted:magnify: my LGMH. She asks me my DIS name and I tell her, I don’t really think she understood me and I asked her hers and she tells me it and for the life of me I can’t remember it. I know it was Miz or Miss something and she said that she mostly frequents the WISH boards. We chat a little and she asks me where I’m from and I tell her Miami and she says that she lives in Florida too and she was a very sweet lady who had come with her husband to spend the day at Epcot to see the Flower & Garden Festival. We said our goodbyes and I was just so excited to meet a fellow DISer because I had a bunch of LGMH’s in my camera/purse thingy that I brought to give out and I completely forgot about them. Still very fun and exciting and I wish I remember her name.

As we went to Germany Collette and I were chatting :chat: excitedly about having encountered a DISer. I told her she wasn’t a Focker, and Collette was a little bummed about it because she really likes the Focker sign so much. Yani then gasps and grabs my arm and I look up and see Dopey! DC and I get all excited and she’s already opening up the backpack and pulling out our autograph books. Yani does a little skip-jump into the line because she loves:love: Dopey and DC and I follow. We got lucky again that the line wasn’t too long and were quickly meeting Dopey. He’s so cute with his big ears and he was giving everyone kisses with that little poppy thing they use to make the kiss sound.
Here we are with Dopey:
DisneyPhotoImage81.jpg

DSCN0574.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage85.jpg

Anyhoo we come upon Germany and we all kinda split. Yani, DC and Monica start browsing a store while Collette and I are outside taking pictures. There were some beautiful roses that had been planted and were going up a wall and I had Collette stand in front of them so I could take a pic because she absolutely loves roses:flower3:. They smelled good too Mmmmm. Monica comes out and she gets Collette to show her something. I go inside the shop too and find Yani and DC, Yani calls me over and says, “Li for my wedding I want this castle.” She points into this glass case and inside is the Cinderella castle out of Swarvoski crystals. OMG:eek: it’s beautiful, and way out of my price range $37k.:scared1: I tell Yani that when I win the lottery that I’ll buy it for her.
Look how beautiful:
CIMG0842.jpg

DC and Monica are in the candy shop and DC asks me if they can use snack credits on a caramel apple. I told her I didn’t know, to ask the CMs. DC decides she doesn’t want one so Monica and I stand in line to ask if we can use a credit on it. When Monica got to the front she asks the CM if she can use a snack credit on the caramel apple and the snooty:snooty: German CM tells her that she can only use a snack credit on the plain caramel apple not the other kinds. Monica didn’t like her attitude so she says in a pleasant voice “Ok sweetie, you must be tired I think it’s time for you to get a break” and turned to the other CM behind the counter and asked her for a caramel apple and something else. What’s funny is the CM actually did look like she needed a break, but her tone was pretty rude in answering such a simple question.:sad2:

After we got her caramel apple we came out and met up with everyone. Collette and Monica decide to get a beer so they go stand in the ginormous line that has formed at the beer stand. Yani, DC and I browse the other shops and take some pics.
Here’s DC and I after 1 too many beers
CIMG0838.jpg

……J/K we were just messing around.:lmao:

Then DC and I decide to sit and take a break as we wait for everyone, so we took a self pic:
CIMG0845.jpg

Yani came back from wherever she was; I think she went to buy something in the candy shop. We walk over to the beer stand where Collette and Monica are just now getting their beer order. Here they are with their beers:drinking1
CIMG0846.jpg

They gave us a taste and they were warm beers; not bad, just warm.

Auf Wiedersehen Germany! Buongiorno Italy!

Communing with Nature

CMs are not supposed to be snooty...they are paid to make our dreams come true...they're not allowed to be rude!!!! LOL! Loving this TR---keep it comin!

Check out Collette's face (she's on the L):
CIMG0788.jpg
:lmao: Classic!

We headed on inside and I don’t know if it happens to other people, but there is a sense of calm as you walk through the Chinese Garden into the building.
::yes:: China's one of my favorite places to hang in Epcot, second only to Japan.

After the show our group regroups and we wander around the garden, along the edges are topiaries (?) of the Chinese Zodiac animals.
Wow, I completely missed these!

So she points at my little purse/camera thingy that I’m carrying and repeats her question. I’m still confused and then I see Collette running up doing the Focker sign saying “Hello Focker!”
Yay, a DIS sighting! :thumbsup2

Boy I gotta run to keep up with ya!!!! :banana: I didnt even get to comment on the other installment! Sorry! Glad your friend finally started smiling...there are no frowns in Disney!!! Sounds like you ladies had a perfectly loverly day with character meets and yummy food and lots of great pics!! :cool1:

Woo-Hoo! I'm all caught up! So glad I saved this report!

My number one question for you is: On your first day, you got NO sleep. Did you ever get tired? I purposely didn't schedule anything in the eve of my first day, because I'll be flying in from work too!

So glad you mentioned the Amazing Race. I was wondering where I'd seen those statues before. This year I will make sure that I stop by China to see them.

This has been such a fun report so far! I can't wait to see the rest! :wave:

I am loving the report! You are doing a great job and like how you have so many pictures! Can't wait to read more!!!

Just catching up with your great TR.

I am also a big fan of Donald .
It must have been so exciting when you ment him in the WS.

.......Here I am with The Three Caballeros:
DisneyPhotoImage102.jpg

Great photo!

I am hoping I get lucky enough to meet him at the WS when we go in September.

Can't hardly wait for your next installment.:hourglass

CMs are not supposed to be snooty...they are paid to make our dreams come true...they're not allowed to be rude!!!! LOL! Loving this TR---keep it comin!

That's what I thought. Apparently that CM was having a really rough day. Oh well.

::yes:: China's one of my favorite places to hang in Epcot, second only to Japan.

Ohhh Japan. I looooove Japan. I want to visit Japan, but for now Epcot's version will have to suffice. Japan is beauuuutiful. :cloud9:

Wow, I completely missed these!

Yeah we almost missed them too and we couldn not find that wascally wabbit.

Yay, a DIS sighting! :thumbsup2

I was so excited about that sighting too.

Boy I gotta run to keep up with ya!!!! :banana: I didnt even get to comment on the other installment! Sorry! Glad your friend finally started smiling...there are no frowns in Disney!!! Sounds like you ladies had a perfectly loverly day with character meets and yummy food and lots of great pics!! :cool1:

Yes we got very lucky with the characters. In my previous visits to WDW I don't remember there having been so many characters around and the last time I visited Epcot the Epcot bus thing was still around so this was so much fun to run into characters.

Woo-Hoo! I'm all caught up! So glad I saved this report!

My number one question for you is: On your first day, you got NO sleep. Did you ever get tired? I purposely didn't schedule anything in the eve of my first day, because I'll be flying in from work too!

So glad you mentioned the Amazing Race. I was wondering where I'd seen those statues before. This year I will make sure that I stop by China to see them.

This has been such a fun report so far! I can't wait to see the rest! :wave:

Thank you Glenda! No I hadn't gotten any sleep.:scared: I was up from about 4:30 pm the Saturday until almost midnight the Sunday we arrived. I slept like a rock that night. Yeah an Amazing Race fan! I'm addicted to that show. :)

I am loving the report! You are doing a great job and like how you have so many pictures! Can't wait to read more!!!

Thanks figment! Yes I'm constantly getting error messages from the DIS saying I have too many images in my post. :rotfl: I love using the little smilies and stuff though.

Just catching up with your great TR.

I am also a big fan of Donald .
It must have been so exciting when you ment him in the WS.

I am hoping I get lucky enough to meet him at the WS when we go in September.

Can't hardly wait for your next installment.:hourglass

Hi Linda, I was so happy :goodvibes to meet Donald. I didn't get to see him when we went in June so I'm so glad I saw him this trip.

Welcome!!! :wave2:

Update coming soonish.
writer-smiley.gif

We keep on keeping on towards Italy. By this time the park is getting pretty crowded, I have no idea :confused3 where all these people came from but we seem to be walking against the flow. Italy is pretty packed though so we take some pics just outside by the lagoon area that they’ve set up to look like Venice.

Here’s Monica by some Gondola’s:
CIMG0851.jpg

Here’s me taking a picture of Yani who’s taking a picture:
[
CIMG0852.jpg

And here’s Yani’s version of the same picture with me (I looked like this half the trip anyway)::lmao:
DSCN0584.jpg

We head back towards the Italy pavilion and there’s some kind of show going on but it’s hard to see because there’s a huge crowd. DC wanders off into a store.
sigh.gif
I ask Yani where she is and she tells me where she went. DC and Monica are doing some perfume testing. Ok I like perfume as much as any other gal, but the place was starting to give me a headache:headache: and the perfume is way overpriced. Collette joins us and Yani decides to wait for us outside because she was getting a perfume headache too. DC asks me to help her look for a necklace they had that is sorta porcelain-y in the shape of a cross. They’re very pretty and not too pricey. So we start the endless search of the perfect cross for DC. OMG this child is picky, at one point she had like 5 necklaces in her hand trying to decide which one to buy. They all looked the same to me.:confused3 So I told her that and she then proceeds to explain to me that this is this and that is that-- Seagull!! You went up to the surface again didn’t you?!….. Uhhh sorry:rotfl: . Anyhoo, she was looking for a certain color combination on the cross (because the cross had little colored flowers painted on the porcelain). I eliminated some of the ones she had in her hand and we were down to 2!
77.gif
Ok making some progress. She wasn’t really convinced. We searched the racks some more and eventually had seen every single type of that necklace they had on display so I told her to make a choice. Monica and Collette were looking at jewelry too and finally DC decides on what to buy. I say good, let’s purchase it and get outta here. I let Monica and Collette know we would wait for them outside.

Yani was waiting outside with a coffee. I decide I want a gelato because Italy has some great gelato. I went in search of an actual gelato shop, but there was none.:sad2: Yani told me they had some gelato by the coffee stand. So we all walk over there and DC decides she wants a coffee too, oh wait cappuccino.:snooty: I ask the CM if we can use our snack credits and he tells me no, ok. I order my little gelato which isn’t really a gelato, but an Italian ice because they didn’t have real gelato. Oh well. Then we wait for them to make DC’s cappuccino.

As we’re waiting a cute little squirrel is scampering about the stand eating up little crumbs. Some people give it some crumbs and walk off. We are all amazed at how unafraid this little squirrel is. These tweens come up and start trying to hit the squirrel, I really hate when people try to hurt animals so I say “Hey!” and give them the Leave that squirrel alone look :mad: and they leave it alone. Apparently the squirrel was really thankful because he scurried up to us. DC had bought a scone or something so she gave it a little piece. It immediately came closer to us to retrieve it. She thought he was so cute so broke off another piece and was leaning down to give it to the squirrel when it plucked it out of her hands. Awwwww!:goodvibes There were some crumbs nearby so I pushed them towards the squirrel with my foot and he immediately came over and started eating them right in front of my feet! By this time I have the camera out and we take some pics of our new furry little friend.

Those are my shoes:
CIMG0858.jpg

Here he actually looked at us:
CIMG0860.jpg

A little crowd is starting to draw around us as we’re interacting with the squirrel. Some guy comes along and puts some crumbs of food in his hands and the squirrel goes right up to his hand and eats it right out of his hand. He has this heavy duty professional camera and snaps a few pictures; he got a great one of the squirrel looking right up at him. Some more people gather and some kids come around and start trying to pet the squirrel. One kid actually said he touched it. This whole time the squirrel didn’t get spooked by all the people around it. I’m telling you they must’ve had Snow White come and train these animals in WDW because this was not the only time we saw animals not be scared of humans. We decided to find Collette and Monica because there still was no sign of them. DC ventured back into the store, which was kinda dangerous.:scared: Yani and I waited outside.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Still no sign of DC, Collette or Monica. Great! As I’m about to march in and find them DC comes out and tells me they’re paying. Good.

So we wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Finally they emerge. Good. Off we go now. We tell them about the squirrel and start walking to the next country. As we’re walking Collette decides she wants to go back really quick to Italy and buy this necklace she saw..
dunno.jpg
So she and Monica go back to the store and Yani, DC and I wait for them by a bench by the lagoon.

Here’s Yani and DC on the bench:
CIMG0889.jpg

We wait for what feels like forever :hourglass , but eventually Collette and Monica come back and we continue our trek to The American Adventure.

As we’re walking there we hear loud music. Apparently there was some kind of concert going on. Collette, Monica and Yani head for the bathroom. DC wanders off to find popcorn because she smells it and wants some. I spot the pin trading cart and decide now is the time to buy myself a lanyard because I’ve been putting it off and lost a pin :guilty: that I had pinned onto my camera/purse thingy. I buy my lanyard, the blue one that says “Where Dreams Come True” and I also bought myself a Donald pin. I sit by the fountain and transfer all my pins onto the lanyard while I’m waiting for everyone. DC joins me then Yani. We take some pics as we wait for Collette and Monica. Yani and I look at the map to see if there’s anything here we should see, there’s some show on America but we opt not to watch it because we’re going to soon be losing daylight. I tell Yani that we need to finish the WS so we can go back to Mexico to watch the fireworks and eat something. She’s cool with it that, which is why I love :hug: her so much. Collette and Monica show up and I guess they were watching the end of the concert or something. I tell them that we have a few countries left and that I wanted to finish them so we can get back to Mexico around 8:30 pm or so we can eat before we leave. I didn’t tell them about the fireworks because I wanted it to be a surprise:ssst: , since it’s their first time and all. They say ok and are up for the plan and I even make sure they don’t mind eating Mexican food and they’re down with that; good:thumbsup2 . (Remember this):teacher:

So we say goodbye to the good ol' US of A and head over to Japan!

The Rest of the World

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter