• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness, I love the cupcake pictures! Life is so fun through children's eyes.

Everyone enjoy your vacations!

:offtopic:I am assuming that this will be taking Kouzzina's place (scheduled to close in September and this one scheduled to open in December) but a blog announced "Trattoria al Forno" yesterday. It will specialize in items baked in wood-burning ovens and make their own mozzarella daily.

Now I'm hungry...

10 months away but excited already, and have a question or two.

Is there any YC CL rooms with accessible shower? Difficult to get?

Same for BCV (studio)?

Does anyone have a link to, or picture of above? I've seen a couple pics of them of one of the other hotels (I think GF) wondered if they are the same idea as what they would have at YC/BCV It's no big deal and we'd make do with a normal one as we've done before, but would be nice to have if available.

Any idea on how long the refurb is going to last?

I was wondering about getting a BCV studio in January, any ideas if it would be refurbed by then or not?

So if I have 2 cases of water shipped from staples or walmart or something, how much would they charge me at the convention center to pick it up? Also, do they have carts or anything to haul it or would we have to carry it? Is it a long distance? I just can't figure out the best way to get water delivered. I hate to spend the 40 dollar minimum at garden grocer plus the delivery fee. There has to be a cheaper way???

anyone?:)

So if I have 2 cases of water shipped from staples or walmart or something, how much would they charge me at the convention center to pick it up? Also, do they have carts or anything to haul it or would we have to carry it? Is it a long distance? I just can't figure out the best way to get water delivered. I hate to spend the 40 dollar minimum at garden grocer plus the delivery fee. There has to be a cheaper way???

Here a few copy and paste from earlier post by Dee on page 121 . I know nothing about the water or shipping so I hope this helps.

Can I ship a package to Beach Club or Yacht Club for my stay?

If you ship a package to the resort, Mail by United States Postal Service*, not anything else!!! If you mail other than USPS, your items will be shipped to the convention center and the shipping department will charge the recipient a handling charge, based on the weight of your package.

In March 2012, the package retrieval fees were:

Up to 5 pounds: $3
5-20 pounds: $5
above 20 pounds: $10

*Disney's Beach Club Resort (or Disney's Beach Club Villas)
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

or

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

Orders from Garden Grocer are delivered to Bell Services at YC or BC, so they are not subject to the resort delivery fee, only the delivery fee charged by the company. You can ask Bell Services to deliver the order to your room when you are there.

There's some more information on that page.......

The convention center charges by weight so water is going to be expensive if it is delivered there. I'm not sure about carts for delivery but I kind of doubt it.

This thread has a discussion about this topic:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3298408 so the info there may be of some help to you.

I know the resort sells bottled water in the marketplace at the Beach Club resort Possibly by the case. People also go to the Boardwalk hotel with one of their rolling suitcases and go to the Hess Station mini mart that is located on the outer parking area of the Boardwalk resort. The Hess station has water and other snacks. I'm not sure if it has beer.:scared1:

I take a cab to Walmart ($40-45 dollars round trip~~~ the cab DOES NOT wait for me, I just call the second cab on my cell phone for the trip back to the resort!) and get my water, room snacks, giant pool noodles and trashy romance novels to read at the pool there. Closest Walmart is 3250 Vineland rd. Kissimee FL 34746. This Walmart is the one on route SR 535.

I hope that helps.. :hippie:

~NM

I was at Target earlier tonight picking up pool essentials for our weekend stay at the YC and they had noodles on sale for 20 cents (70% off), pool water balls for a buck as well as a bucket/shovel for a buck. This is all at the Target closest to WDW off 192 if anyone is interested…there's also one closer to the AK side (also on 192) which I'm sure has the same pricing as I tend to frequent that one too! Just thought I'd share for those of you who have a car and don't want to bring it with you or buy it there!

10 months away but excited already, and have a question or two.

Is there any YC CL rooms with accessible shower? Difficult to get?

Same for BCV (studio)?

Does anyone have a link to, or picture of above? I've seen a couple pics of them of one of the other hotels (I think GF) wondered if they are the same idea as what they would have at YC/BCV It's no big deal and we'd make do with a normal one as we've done before, but would be nice to have if available.

According to the WDW website, there are Yacht Club Club level rooms with the roll in shower. If you check the "Accessible" box, it will provide a list of all the accessible rooms.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/yacht-club-resort/rates-rooms/

I know that the BCV's have at least one studio with the roll in shower. My daughter got it once when she was there with her husband and one year old son. She had them switch her out to a regular room because she needed a real bathtub. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter