There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Robyn!!

We're actually going down Thursday and staying at the Hilton DTD (yay points) for one night beforehand.

I will be there early Friday morning. My friend is coming with her 6 year old for their first Disney World visit. I can't wait to show them everything. My DD and I are vets at this, we are there about every other month, but it will be fun to see it through the eyes of first timers!

I will be there early Friday morning. My friend is coming with her 6 year old for their first Disney World visit. I can't wait to show them everything. My DD and I are vets at this, we are there about every other month, but it will be fun to see it through the eyes of first timers!

I know what you mean. We have several first timers in our party of 12 this time.

We are actually at CR until Monday. We check in to YC on the 21st. Have fun!!

I received my survey request regarding a recent BC stay and want to complete it and recognize exceptional CMs. If I don't recall a specific name of one of those CMs, is there any other way for that person to get credit?

The one CM I'm having name problems with was at the front desk and checked me in and helped with specific requests. I really want to recognize her; I think I remember her name, but I'm not positive. There are others, who I do remember, luckily.

Help, please...I haven't received a survey in awhile and really want to participate.

Just say she checked you in and you think her name was ..... They will pull up your reservation to see who it was.

Just say she checked you in and you think her name was ..... They will pull up your reservation to see who it was.

Thanks, Teena. Of course, you will also be among my listed names. :)

I hope that your beautiful girls are having a magical time!

Can you purchase/use noodles at SAB instead of the floats?
TIA, can't wait :)

Although I can't speak from my own experience (first trip to YC/BC isn't until 2015), I would say yes to both parts of your question based on Dee's post (#1314 on page 88 of this thread).

Sounds like you can purchase noodles for SAB at the Marketplace for $4 each.

Have fun!

Thank you so much -
made it through quite a few pages looking for the answer but not to page 88!

Although I can't speak from my own experience (first trip to YC/BC isn't until 2015), I would say yes to both parts of your question based on Dee's post (#1314 on page 88 of this thread).

Sounds like you can purchase noodles for SAB at the Marketplace for $4 each.

Have fun!

Hi Folks, just booked a week at BC - Club Level, first time at any resort on concierge. We arrive 8th September and wondered if there is any work going on with the Club Room. Also, was only able to book a standard room so what request would you make.

Thank you, great thread by the way.

Welcome to the Y&BC thread Lucys dad.
I am keeping up with the Be Our Guest list on page one for our 'Keeper of the Thread' Dee while she is away and will see that you are added on her return. I have your arrival date the 8th through ?????

First, we are traveling Easter week, Apr. 4-10 (can I please be placed on the BoG list?).

Gotcha Abow! And welcome. I have your name on the list and Dee will update on page one on her return.... Enjoy the planning. We sure do!

We have 2 nights this weekend YC CL booked. I just noticed that a standard BC CL room opened up…not sure if I should switch???!

Not sure if I responded in time but personally I would stay put. I love them both.

Does anyone know if there is an upcoming Beach Club room/resort refurbishment scheduled for this fall? Just curious! Thanks!! :)

Does CL give you free valet? I'll be arriving before my friends and didn't know what I should do with my car. I thought maybe I'll have them check my bags while I park the car and then walk in or valet if it's free. Thoughts please??

Does CL give you free valet? I'll be arriving before my friends and didn't know what I should do with my car. I thought maybe I'll have them check my bags while I park the car and then walk in or valet if it's free. Thoughts please??

I don't know if valet is free with CL or not. However, if you have either your Magic Band or your reservation number the guard will scan your MB or look up your reservation and then give you a parking pass.

I have never heard of that but it would be an awesome perk for CL if that's true!

Valet parking is not free with CL.

Question on the campfire and movies for anyone who has done it. My kids really want to do the campfire/movie this year. Have been too busy for this in the past ;) For planning purposes, does the campfire and marshmallow roast last up until the movie starts? The campfire starts at 7 while we are there and movies at 8:30. Just trying to figure out if we get there at 8:00 or 8:15, can they roast some marshmallows and then get to the movie? Thanks for any help on this!
:wave2: walking around the path it seemed the marshmallow roast was going for quite a while. But I'd recommend getting lounge chairs for the movies early. They seemed to go fast. And grab some pool towels to put on chairs.

Can you purchase/use noodles at SAB instead of the floats?
TIA, can't wait :)
I think you can buy noodles at Marketplace. Tubes are now free. I bought inflatable noodles from Amazon. Can't wait to try them.

at the BC. Haven't been to Disney in 11 years so it was interesting to try it again with our now adult children. This was our first onsite stay and have to say it is the only way to go! We stayed Club level and I don't think my kids will ever think anything else is good enough. We had room 5707-lagoon view of SAB and the lake, looking across at the Swan and the Boardwalk. Had nightly views of the fireworks over the Swan (when we actually were in our room to see them). Loved the scent in the hotel-I now know what all the hype is about! Mousekeeping was great. Had towel animals (usually 2 or more) everyday. Stella was great! Concierge staff was so nice and helpful. Magic bands worked well the entire stay. We left and stayed one night at Royal Pacific at Universal and the kids kept complaining that it was so much easier to tap the band than to get out the tickets. Can't wait to try the Yacht Club in September (DH & I get a week to ourselves-yay!)

at the BC. Haven't been to Disney in 11 years so it was interesting to try it again with our now adult children. This was our first onsite stay and have to say it is the only way to go! We stayed Club level and I don't think my kids will ever think anything else is good enough. We had room 5707-lagoon view of SAB and the lake, looking across at the Swan and the Boardwalk. Had nightly views of the fireworks over the Swan (when we actually were in our room to see them). Loved the scent in the hotel-I now know what all the hype is about! Mousekeeping was great. Had towel animals (usually 2 or more) everyday. Stella was great! Concierge staff was so nice and helpful. Magic bands worked well the entire stay. We left and stayed one night at Royal Pacific at Universal and the kids kept complaining that it was so much easier to tap the band than to get out the tickets. Can't wait to try the Yacht Club in September (DH & I get a week to ourselves-yay!)
Thanks for posting your trip report. The BC/YC is great for families with adult children. There is plenty to do for everyone. :)

Thank you for your trip report! We are going on September 10! Do you know if they are starting the renovations yet? Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Okay, I'm new here and I read the entire first page w/ all the info and then got to page 19, followed the new thread location, and now I've just skipped to the last so I could post my questions:) this will be my second time to WDW, the first was 7 years ago. We stayed at CBR our first time, but now we are a family of 5, so we're trying a deluxe for the first time. I'll be traveling with my husband, daughter (12), daughter (9) and son (3). First, we are traveling Easter week, Apr. 4-10 (can I please be placed on the BoG list?). This is really on the top end of our budget. I have made the room only reservation, but will upgrade to the tickets/park hopper/dining when rates are released for 2015. I'm counting on he spring break discounts to be offered for this resort again to make it more affordable. What is the likelihood of this happening? I did request a full balcony but I didnt request a day bed because I saw on the disney site that the room came with daybed or twin sleeper chair. We have a garden view. Should I request a daybed too?

Oh, and I forgot to add that my two daughters will also be celebrating their birthdays during our stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter