• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2: walking around the path it seemed the marshmallow roast was going for quite a while. But I'd recommend getting lounge chairs for the movies early. They seemed to go fast. And grab some pool towels to put on chairs.

I think you can buy noodles at Marketplace. Tubes are now free. I bought inflatable noodles from Amazon. Can't wait to try them.

Sue - Thank you for the tip about the inflatable pool noodles! I just bought a six pack to take with us for our trip in September! These will be great for floating around on hot afternoons :)

Question about the magic bands- I am an annual passholder (already have that band). We are staying 7 nights at Boardwalk Villas and 2 nights at Yacht Club.

Will I be getting 2 more bands? Can I have all 3 bands programed with all the info (AP info and each hotel) so that I can chose 3 different colors for the bands?
So I can have my choice of what band to use every day?

Or am I going to have to bring 2 bands with me everyday, one for the AP and one for the hotel?

It would be so nice not to have to worry about what band I need to use.

:wave2: walking around the path it seemed the marshmallow roast was going for quite a while. But I'd recommend getting lounge chairs for the movies early. They seemed to go fast. And grab some pool towels to put on chairs.

Great--thanks so much for the info!

Question about the magic bands- I am an annual passholder (already have that band). We are staying 7 nights at Boardwalk Villas and 2 nights at Yacht Club.

Will I be getting 2 more bands? Can I have all 3 bands programed with all the info (AP info and each hotel) so that I can chose 3 different colors for the bands?

Or am I going to have to bring 2 bands with me everyday, one for the AP and one for the hotel?

As long as ALL your MagicBands are linked to your My Disney Experience account, they will all have the same access to rooms/tickets, etc.. And yes, you will receive 2 more bands for each resort. We did a split stay a few weeks ago and received 2 sets of bands. I loved that I could choose different colors to match my outfits for the day.

Yes, you will be getting two more bands each, one for BW and one for YC. As long as all three of your MB's appear in your MDE account, you will be able to use them interchangeably. You only need to wear one band at a time. I like to match my band to my outfit. You don't need to worry about which band is the AP band, which band is the BW band and which one is the YC band. They will all work. :) We had three MB's on our March trip, two of them from earlier trips, and they all worked. :)

Lily is having her birthday party at the movie theatre at 2 PM. Most of Jeanne's class is coming. They are seeing that Dragon movie. Lily loves her movies. She is telling everybody that after her birthday party, she is going to Disney World on her airplane.

Happy Belated Birthday Lily!!! She is getting so big!! Cutie!:cool1::cool1:

:banana::banana::banana:

So excited! Staying at Yacht Club for a convention the first week of August!

I haven't stayed deluxe since my Honeymoon almost 8 years ago.

I'm eagerly reading this thread and checking out youtube.

YAY!:thumbsup2 Enjoy!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hi Folks, just booked a week at BC - Club Level, first time at any resort on concierge. We arrive 8th September and wondered if there is any work going on with the Club Room. Also, was only able to book a standard room so what request would you make.

Thank you, great thread by the way.

So exciting! Enjoy!:cool1::cool1:

I'm going to Disney THIS week!

Enjoy!:):):) So fun!

And if you're at the mall, pick up a shirt for yourself to wear from Justice. And wear it the next time you take your tween shopping. This probably works better if you have a daughter. Bonus points if the shirt has a giant smiling panda with a handlebar mustache.

Five weeks and we'll be at YC! My mom picked up the military salute tickets today and I was able to add them to the Disney app easily enough. It's been a while since I traveled to the world without a toddler. Worried I'll be so focused on what I don't have to bring, I'll forget something important.

Oh I am so stealing this idea!!! Brilliant and awesome NMs email idea. My 14 year old will die..:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Have a great trip DisneyMom7!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

My Magic Bands arrived today, starting to feel real...22 days to go!

Fun!:cheer2::cheer2:

at the BC. Haven't been to Disney in 11 years so it was interesting to try it again with our now adult children. This was our first onsite stay and have to say it is the only way to go! We stayed Club level and I don't think my kids will ever think anything else is good enough. We had room 5707-lagoon view of SAB and the lake, looking across at the Swan and the Boardwalk. Had nightly views of the fireworks over the Swan (when we actually were in our room to see them). Loved the scent in the hotel-I now know what all the hype is about! Mousekeeping was great. Had towel animals (usually 2 or more) everyday. Stella was great! Concierge staff was so nice and helpful. Magic bands worked well the entire stay. We left and stayed one night at Royal Pacific at Universal and the kids kept complaining that it was so much easier to tap the band than to get out the tickets. Can't wait to try the Yacht Club in September (DH & I get a week to ourselves-yay!)

So glad you had a wonderful time!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

This is the view I'm scared of getting at YC.
Parking lot, fine, roof top, fine, this, no good at all. We're staying SV CL and am hoping for anything but this.

Ugh! Me, too!!:scared: We are not booked in CL, but I wasn't sure if there was a comparable view on, say, the 4th floor - and/or the BC. We prefer upper floors and I'm hoping to avoid the very worst. We don't spend much time on the balcony, but that view is just...well, not good. Yikes.

Which is why I asked if one or the other had more such views - I figured I'd lessen my chances.:laughing: I think I've finally made my decision and chosen the YC. Hard to make a bad choice, both sides are great!

Thanks for the response, btw.:goodvibes

I requested a room near the club lounge, since it's the opposite direction from that view. When I check in, if I have room 5238, I'm just going to ask for a different room. It's absurd that anyone staying at the YC would get that view.

Good plan!:teeth:

Ohhh so I am happy to do this, I shall be there Sept. 30 off property, then Oct. 1-Oct 4th at the Yacht Club ( CL Pending )

So if I have 2 cases of water shipped from staples or walmart or something, how much would they charge me at the convention center to pick it up? Also, do they have carts or anything to haul it or would we have to carry it? Is it a long distance? I just can't figure out the best way to get water delivered. I hate to spend the 40 dollar minimum at garden grocer plus the delivery fee. There has to be a cheaper way???

Linda, I could cry. We so want to do this, but it's the day I have booked the Frozen Party Package :headache:

Bummer! I would have loved to meet you and have you join us! We have never done a Wishes cruise before, trying to do some different things on this trip since it might be our last one with just the 4 of us....sniff sniff:sad1:

We still have room in our cruise on August 25 if anyone is interested.....;) It's $35 pp plus tip. It includes snacks, drinks, and the Wishes soundtrack plays on the boat as well. Would love to share with a family of any age and size....

I wanted to give you all a heads up that the Bath and Body Works Rainkissed Leaves full sized soaps, lotions and sprays are only $4 each with free shipping now on their website!!! Great time to stock up. I'm buying a bunch for my daughter to take back to college in the fall. I'm worried that the scent may be discontinued since it's near impossible to find in stores anymore.

For those of you who might be new to this thread and are asking yourselves "Why on Earth is she posting THAT on the BC/YC thread????" it is a general consensus that that particular scent is almost identical to the scent that they pump in to the Beach Club lobby. It's like having a little bit of paradise at home when we can't be in our happy place:goodvibes

Thanks! I was actually looking at the inflatable noodles on amazon but wondered if they had to be clear at SAB? If not I think I will just bring those along instead. We prefer a noodle over a tube and would like to have our own :)

:wave2: snip

I think you can buy noodles at Marketplace. Tubes are now free. I bought inflatable noodles from Amazon. Can't wait to try them.

Inflatable pool noodles ordered :thumbsup2

Is anyone sure that these are even allowed at SAB? I asked about it before in this thread and it seemed no one knew if inflatable noodles we allowed, but if someone has info about it now I'd love to know!

The inflatable noodles are much much larger than foam noodles, I do have a set that I am considering leaving at home because of the size of them.

Has anyone actually used or seen these inflatable noodles used at SAB?

Princess Lily enjoying a birthday cupcake at 'Ohana! I just :lovestruc her expressions!

Aw. So cute! Makes me feel sad I'll be leaving my toddler behind with her dad for our trip. I'm taking my three oldest and my mom this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter